Nobethane Caddesi No:25, Sirkeci, Istanbul, Turkey

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Class act

I made a booking at the Sapphire Hotel (Maywood's sister property) initially in light of the favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. It was full so I was offered at the Maywood instead.

What a wonderful experience. Though it's probably just a 3* or 4*, Maywood really exceeded my expectation in terms of its decor, fittings in the bathroom and amenities. You also get 200+ cable stations, plasma TV, use of internet/printing in the lobby, breakfast buffet, one-way transfer from the airport, and friendly staff to boot!

I must add something about the decor/fittings -- very nice indeed with more than a hint of Ottoman touches. These are things I'd expect to see in much more upmarket establishments.

The breakfast buffet was the one weak link -- lots of options but not that interesting with practically no hot food.

That and a couple of very minor service gaffs (not filling the tea caddy, not replenishing the towels in a timely manner) aside, it'd been an excellent stay.

Unique Quality: Boutique hotel with perks galore -- internet, breakfast buffet, one-way transfer from the airport, etc.

Very very nice rooms and bath facilities. You'll love it too!

Also -- so close to all the transport options and sights in Sultanahmet.

Directions: Very central: 5-min walk to Sirkeci train station or the piers at EminönĂ¼. It's also just a 2-min from the main street plied by the Tramvay.

Ayasofya, Topkapı Palace and the Blue Mosque are all within a 15-minute walk from the hotel

More about Maywood Hotel

Istanbul's great treasure - Maywood Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sagul

We arrived at the Maywood Hotel after an exausting trip from Cairo. The Maywood staff welcomed us with Turkish delights and pomegranate juice. The accomodations were excellent. Rooms were brand new and clean. The staff was very friendly--everyone from the front desk (Fatos) to the house cleaning staff. Our favorite person by far was Vural. We saw him every morning in the breakfast hall (the breakfast was delicious). Every day, Vural taught us simple Turkish sayings. It made our stay in Istanbul that much more enjoyable to be able to greet people as we strolled down the streets. I would highly recommend staying at the Maywood and if you do, please say hi to Vural for us. On the day we left, we had to catch a shuttle at 2:30 am. The night front desk gentleman whose name we don't remember even had the kitchen prepare coffee and a light breakfast just for us at 2 am.

One of the best hotels in Istanbul (Old city)!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member asik11

I would like to recommend the Maywood Hotel to all of people, who would like to visit Istanbul. First of all I want to say thanks to all members of the Maywood Hotel service. Talking about the room - can't say anything bad. Everything was very nice, including breakfast. Also, the hotel is located on very quiet street not far from the main sights. If I go to Istanbul again, I'll definitely choose this hotel again!
You will not be disappointed in the Maywood Hotel.

A fantastic hotel in a great location!

by TripAdvisor Member SurreySophie_86

Me and my boyfriend had a fantastic stay at the Maywood Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and even gave us a lovely breakfast for free when we turned up half an hour after it had closed (due to changing our watches to the wrong time!). They made every effort to accomodate us. They told us to expect a small room, but we found that it was very comfortable, spacious, clean and modern. The hotel was in a fantastic location close to the ports for the bospherous tours and also 5 min walk to topkapi palace and the other sites... I would definately stay at the Maywood again. Also a little tip...the cafe opposite the hotel has a great vibe and is a really nice place for a few (quite cheap) drinks and a sheesha after dinner.

Modern, Stylish, Friendly

by TripAdvisor Member MJFAusTex

I recently enjoyed a several day stay at the new Maywood Hotel in Istanbul. I was pleased with all aspects of the hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable and modern with all the conveniences and plenty of style (crown moldings, nice accents, etc.). They are a combination of western business class hotel room and European boutique with some Ottoman touches. The bathrooms were very nice with large modern shower stalls and plenty of hot water.

I was also impressed by their attention to service. My flight arrived around midnight but there was no problem with the airport pickup service or the late night check-in. The breakfast buffet was quite nice and the lobby internet terminal was convenient.

The location is in Sirkeci, which is about 600 meters from the Hagia Sofia/Blue Mosque area (I walked there multiple times and it was not a problem). The neighborhood is a little further away than the Sultanahmet area but is also quieter and has fewer carpet shop touts. It is also not too far from trams and trains.

I would highly recommend the Maywood Hotel. It is very comfortable and a great value.

We loved this lovely Hotel&amazing City

by TripAdvisor Member Londoner34

We stayed here with our children&friends for a week and we simply loved this magnificent boutique hotel.Maywood is in the old town of Istanbul which is very close to all the historical sights.The room was large,bright&clean with very comfortable beds and nice bathroom.All staff were supurb,extremely helpful and wellcoming.We had incredibly nice, beautifully selected open buffet breakfast which was very healthy for all of us.
We enjoyed very much staying in this recently refurbished lovely hotel.I would strongly recommend this excellent place to anyone who wants have a decent time.Thank you to all the staff in MAYWOOD HOTEL.

Maywood makes city break

by TripAdvisor Member ANDYRYAN

Excellent, well kept and efficiently run hotel, within walking distance, and I really do mean walking distance (we are mid fifty non walkers), of all Old City attractions, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Underground Cistern etc.
Hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned and new laundry each day,buffet breakfast excellent quality. Staff were multi lingual and extremely helpful.

Stay in "Maywood", anywere else!

by TripAdvisor Member veze

One of the main thing - is your stay place. As we have stayed in Maywood (the same hotel net has Sapphire hotel), we knew what we will get and everything will be high quality!
So, we got it ! and this is one of the main things in your holiday you want to have.

It's shy, well designed, high quality retro style hotel with all perfect services we got all 7 days in our stay.

I can't say any bad words about this hotel as it is one of the best hotels that make your heart worm i have ever stay in my vacations at all.

Chose this one and you'll be happy... :))

Best wishes for all turists that will chose this hotel :)

Kristina

Lithuania
Vilnius

Excellent Ottoman style and comfortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sweetfish

We stayed as a couple for three nights. Rooms were very elegant and comfortable. In the rooms lights, wardrobe, beds,doors and especially ceiling edges make you feel like staying in a real luxury hotel. Furniture in the lobby and breakfast room are also very original and nice looking. They have rich breakfast. Hotel is very close to metro station and ship port. Also it is very close to historical places. They give free transfer from airport at 1:30 night. Also hotel staff were friendly. We made luxury vacation in this hotel without paying so much money.

great management,great staff,good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member mike335

great staff very helpful,convinient location for city browsing,good facilities for business travelers

Comments