Mina Hotel

Piyerloti Caddesi Dostluk Yurdu Sokak No 6, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34400, Turkey

Hotel Mina
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• roserosada's Profile Photo

Not a mine

The Mina Hotel is very well located in Sultanahmed. It is old and not well kept. We had to request to change rooms because the bathroom walls were moldy. The food was ok, but the staff was not helpful nor up to date on tourist site hours. We had been told at the Spice Market that it was open on Sunday, and they insisted that it was closed; we went anyway and it was open and we had a great time. They still did not believe us. This hotel has seen better days and I would not recommend it.

Unique Quality: Good location

• rstepanenko's Profile Photo

Nice place for a short stay

The Mina Hotel is a nice place in Sultanahmed for a short stay. The hotel does not have a good restaurant, but that was not a problem since you can always find a nice place with a delicious food just accross the street. It was rather clean and bed linen was changed every day.
    Generally, it's a good choice close to the main sights!

Directions: Sultanahmed

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

A letdown

After a thorough internet research (including VT), I decided to book this hotel for my first two nights in Istanbul. But the hotel was a letdown. The hotel's air conditioning (AC) system was not operational and it would have not mattered had it not been early summer and had I been given a room with a decent-sized window. Somehow I found myself staying at the 'penthouse' level with a smallish window that is more suited for cooler months. And the room reeked of cigarettes.

The hotel's saving grace? Their friendly and cheerful hotel staff.

Unique Quality: Nothing special. Just get that AC running.

• Lion_Beat's Profile Photo

New Hotel in Sultanahmet Area

Hotel opened just recently, but it is already becoming well-known. The building is new and the hotel is very clean.
    The rooms are rather small, but are very nice.

Unique Quality: Like in all other hotels from that region on the roof is a terace with exeptional views on the historical old city and Marmara Sea. The views are great from Mina Hotel, but you will see more The Marmara Sea then Sultanahmet region because of the positioning of the hotel. Still you will have a good view for St.Sergius and Bachus (Little Aya Sofia).

Directions: Althought general loction of the Hotel is Sultanahmet, the exact location is somewhere between Pier Loti and Rectorate of Marmara University.

More about Mina Hotel

Perfect to stay

by TripAdvisor Member zab70

I had a wonderful stay at Mina Hotel. Location was wonderful. I've been three hotels in Istanbul. It's the best of the. Not so expensive. Near city center. Good service. Good Facilities. Very nice sea view in restaurant(Breakfirst). So i recommend this hotel to everyone.

Friendly staff- Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Fanfou

I went to Istanbul with my 2 daughters in November and had a very pleasant stay at the Mina Hotel. The hotel location is perfect. No taxis needed to visit the most famous sites and go to the Grand Bazaar. They are all within very easy walking distance 5mn to 10 mn. Though the room was not luxurious and rather on the small size for the 3 of us sharing it, it was clean and adequate. We were out all day, so it was not a major problem. Nice view on the Bosphorus from the restaurant on the top floor. The staff were extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They made us feel very welcomed and made our stay very enjoyable. So top mark for the staff and the location! We would definitely stay at the Mina Hotel again if we were to go back to Istanbul.

Great location, poor air quality

by TripAdvisor Member emccic

The Mina Hotel's location can not be beat! It was easy to find and easy to get to using the public tram system. It is a short 5 minute walk to 2 tram stops and sights like the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazar. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful in terms of offering directions and answering questions. The room was just fine. It was small, but clean. The down side was the air quality. We only stayed for one night, and I don't think I could have stayed for more. It seems that when you used the air conditioner, air from the rest of the hotel recirulated into your room. By 2 am I could barely breath due to the smell of cigerette smoke in our room. I'm usually not so sensitive to these things, but this was bad. Unfortunatly I don't think I could stay again unless it was a time of year where the air conditioner was not needed. Other than that, the hotel was a very good find.

The perfect place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ceyda

This review is slightly longer than normal as Hotel Mina deserves all the praise!!
We booked this hotel through Turkish Airlines in London, they recommended this hotel. I lived in Turkey for 7 years and so when the agent said it was only a 3 star I imagined it to be quite basic. We booked for 2 adults and a child (5 years old). When we arrived and were shown to a room on the 3rd floor with 2 single beds and a cot, very pleasant but not suitable. I spoke with reception and immediately we were shown to 704, this was perfect for our party. The agent had shown my son as being a baby - hence the cot! The room or should I say suite was on the ground floor so no view, but that didnot matter as we didnot intend to spend time looking out of the window and as it was out of the glare of the sun it was very pleasant. It is one of the newly refurbished rooms. Beds were extremely comfortable, with spotless sheets and very good quality linen. The aircon was fabulous, we had a remote to control it ourselves. We had a powershower in the bathroom and no problem with hot water. Flat screen TV in the room with a good variety of programmes - even BBC Prime. They had tea and coffee making facilities and supplied bathrobes and slippers! The only downside was that the walls were quite thin so we could hear next door quite easily, one evening a group of French men were making alot of noise in their room, but one call to reception and they quietened down. Breakfast was very good, friendly staff and buffet style so you could eat as much as you like and the coffee from a machine was also very pleasant. Stunning views over to the Princes Islands from the restaurant. They had internet on the computer in the lobby - no charge but hit and miss and very slow. However, I saw quite a number of people with their own laptops in reception so I guess they must have had a wireless connection. Positioning could not have been better for all the sights, as the other reviews show it is only a few minutes walk to the main attractions. All in all fabuolus hotel, great staff, we will DEFINATELY return to The Hotel Mina

Mina Very good

by TripAdvisor Member ianmurf

We found the hotel very friendly and in a nice location just 100 yards from the main street leading to the blue Mosque , Aye Sofia in one direction and the Grand Bazaar in the other

The rooms were comfortable but the air conditioning was not that great. Took time to get there but once there very effective.

Breakfast was a buffet and was well laid out with plenty to eat with the restaurant being on the top floor with great views of the Bosphourus.

Overall would stay there again.

Great Stuff, Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member backpacker85

This hotel is a gem. It is three minutes away from all the attractions of the old Istanbul, has clean rooms with nice views and Central air conditioning and great decoration. The breakfast is perfect, it has selected varities from Turkish cuisine, even the speciality Borek. Most importantly the stuff at the hotel is the most helpful I have ever seen, particularly Serkant at reservations/lobby is extremely helpful, courtious and absolutely on top of his busines. Great hotel at great value.

Comments