Osmanhan Hotel

Akbiyik Caddesi Cetinkaya Sokak No 1, Sultanhamet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey
Osmanhan Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Osmanhan Hotel

Excellent hotel in the heart of Old Istanbul!

by TripAdvisor Member TheSwissConnection

Dear fellow travellers,

My family and I staid in the Osmanhan Hotel for three nights, and must say that we were very pleased about our stay in the hotel.

The location of the hotel couldn't be more central to the Hagya Sofia or Blue Mosque, both are at under three minutes walking distance. A little further down the road, for all you bargainers out there, there is the legendary Grand Bazar where you can haggle all day without going broke!

The rooms are spacious and well decorated offering you what any kind of leisure/business traveller needs: international television, wireless (free + fast!!!!) internet etc etc. The bathroom, sheets and overall cleaniness is excellent, there is nothing negative to be commented on it.

The breakfast is served on the terrace on the rooftop of the hotel, offering a phenomenal view over the Bosphorus whilst enjoying an excellent, fresh Turkish breakfast.

And above all, which many of us aren't used to anymore, is genuine kindness and warm heartedness in the people of the hotel. You leave at 04:00 AM like we did? You won't hear any moaning but rather "would you like some coffee or tea before you leave?". Excellent.

Beware Osmanhan staff, we will be back!

Greetings from Switzerland.

A new classy, cozy gem (and bargain!) in old Istanbul.

by TripAdvisor Member hanusa2

Osmanhan is run by Hamit Balkir and Nadir Onuc (with their wives' input) to provide just what every traveler needs. No detail has been overlooked, from lovely silk bed covers and drapes to the subtle ethnic decor in each room. The atmosphere is one of helpful, friendly assistance with anything you need. Flat screen tv and free wireless internet connections help make the rooms especially comfortable. Heated towel racks surprised me! Everything works perfectly. I think this is an amazing value. A true "Ottoman Inn," which is what the name means. Its location is walking distance from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Museum and even the Covered Market.

Charming and hospitable stay in the heart of Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member shikakai

I stayed at the Osman Han Hotel for three days in early April and loved everything about it. It is a lovely boutique hotel situated off one of the nicest streets in the old, cobble-stoned neighbourhood of Sultanahmet which is very close to all the must-see sights in Istanbul. The hotel is immaculate and well-maintained. My bedroom was elegantly decorated and the bathroom was very modern and comfortable. Because Osman Han is a small hotel, the owner, Hamit, and his excellent staff pay attention to every small detail and go to great lengths to make their guests feel welcome and comfortable. The small touches really count: fluffy goose-down comforters, free wi-fi that never breaks down, and a heated towel rack in the bathroom. I did not feel the lack of a business center as the wi-fi always worked well. Last but certainly not the least, the hotel has a very nice roof-top space for breakfast from which you can gaze out to Marmara sea or to the Blue Mosque while partaking of a simple but delicious Turkish-style breakfast. Osman Han is a true find and will certainly go down as of my favourite small, boutique hotels. The hotel and its surroundings also felt very safe for a single woman traveller. Hamit and his business partner, Nadir, are also about to open a second property close by and, but all accounts, that one will be just as nice.

Wonderful Hotel, Great Value, Fantastic Location and good people

by TripAdvisor Member ShoaibKhot

I visited Turkey with my wife for our honeymoon in early April and chose Osmanhan for our stay in Istanbul. And we were not disappointed at all. We stayed here for 4 nights. It is a small hotel, minutes away from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia and walking distance from the Underground cistern and the Grand Bazaar. Rooms are small but adequate. Bathroom could have been bigger. The rooms are nicely decorated and the hotel itself is well maintained and immaculately clean. There is a mini-bar in the room and a LCD tv with mostly local turkish channels . The breakfast was tasty, fresh. There could have been more varied though.. I mean no cakes/pastries. One of the staff or someone(forgot his name) cooked delicious omlettes. And I strongly recommend to those who would be staying here. But the sad part is you get an omlette only if that person is there. So, reach early for breakfast :) Also, right outside the hotel and uphill there is an old man who makes some amazing meatballs and grilled chicken. Do not give it a miss.
On our second night it was raining and cold outside so we decided to order food from outside but had no idea from where and what to order and we did not know of this old man. So, I decided to talk to Nadir(he runs the hotel with Hamit Balkir) and he helped me order food, delivered it himself and picked up the dishes later too. He also arranged for a Nokia charger since I didnt have one. He also shared his laptop to surf the net. Truly wonderful people these guys are.
They can also arrange for daily tours in and around Istanbul from their front office. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Highly recommend when planning to stay in Istanbul for location, hotel and service

by TripAdvisor Member Rhiz02

Our stay at Osmanhan was lovely and i'd definitely recommend it to others. The location is brilliant with views from the terrace overlooking the marmara sea and the blue mosque. Breakfast on the terrace was a great way to wake up with the views, and the continental breakfast was much better than i've had when staying in other hotels, with fresh bread, cheese, fruit and cereal. The staff were extremely polite and were more than happy to go out their way to accommodate us.
The rooms were clean and nice with a mini bar, tv and new fitted bathrooms. One of our rooms also had a view of the marmara sea, which was really nice.
The location was perfect, in the heart of Sultanhamet, it was only a 3-5 minute walk to the blue mosque and aya sofia, with other sights, such as the hiperdrome, cistern and palace surrounding the blue mosque and aya sofia. It is also easy to walk across the bridge to the new town of istanbul. The new town is good to visit for food in the evening, or to walk around for a day, but there is much more to do and see in Sultanhamet.
We left the Osmanhan and Istanbul (in a taxi arranged by the hotel) really happy with our stay, and wouldn't think twice about where to stay if we returned to Istanbul.

Great people run this small stylish hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member funtraveler_9

This lovely hotel is a perfect location for exploring Istanbul. Located "just around the corner" near Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace and the Blue Moskee, in a small street close to the restuarant zone. The hotel is really up to date (brand new and stsrted halfway 2008), counts only 8 rooms with a high standard: enough space, a real good bed, airco, perfect bathroom with a nice rain shower. What else do you need? The hotel is managed by very friendly people, always asking if you had a good sleep, if you had a nice day, etcetera, etcetera. On top of the hotel you'll find a roof terrace, where each morning breakfast is served. That's the best start for a day full of surprises in Istanbul! Osman~Han Hotel is a "must do"! I can recommend it to everyone! Roel - The Netherlands

Very friendly, very clean

by TripAdvisor Member Belle8495

I would sincerely recommend this hotel to my friends!
Very friendly staff, nice and clean rooms and excellent Marmara sea view from terrace.
Location is superb - walking distance to all major attractions of the Old City.

On the minus side - noisy consctruction work down the street (old small house is being re-built), but it;s OK, as the work is only done during working hours (when normally visitors are in the city. not in hotel :)

highlight of our trip

by TripAdvisor Member cmast

For the same amount of money we spent on hotels in Greece, Osmanhan delivered exceedingly high value. In general, prices of other things were comparable even with the different currencies. The staff was friendly and we learned morning and night managers by name (Fatih and Ahmit). Eight total rooms so emphasis on independent, quaint feel. The rooms were cozy (small but charming) and every finishing touch was considered. Free breakfast every morning that was the best 'continental breakfast' I've ever had - crumb cake, cheese, fruit, granola, yogurt, cereal, juice, tea/coffee, vegetables, and more. Breakfast was set on the top of the hotel, elevated so you could see the Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque (behind, view of top of it with minarets) above other buildings. The hotel is located in a trendy and more upcoming area, removed from the stereotypical tourist district that is right next to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. These places are 5 minute walk from Osmanhan. Osmanhan has a new hotel project underway a couple buildings up the street and, before I knew this, I remarked that it looks 'a cut above' the neighboring hotels. Surprised (but not) to hear it was their second hotel. If I am lucky enough to go back, I won't even consider a different place.

Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Cake!

by TripAdvisor Member LondonHappyHammer

Stayed at the Osmanhan for 3 nights in late April after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor and wanting a centrally located base in Sultanamet from which to explore the sights of Istanbul. Was not disappointed.

Great location, friendly and attentive staff and a comfortable stay. Vulcan's home made cakes were a special delight and a good way to start the day.

The Osmanhan is 5 minutes away from all the major attractions and close to restaurants and bars. For a really special meal in a fantastic setting push the boat out and eat at the Four Seasons hotel (once a local prison!!) a 5 min stroll away.

Would certainly recommend this hotel and think it is the nicest in the vacinity.

We could not have made a better choice

by TripAdvisor Member redson-at-78

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights toward the end of April and our experience could not have been better. The room was well furnished, clean, and comfortable with a nice toilet and shower. The breakfast buffet on the roof terrace was more than ample and with a great view. One of the staff baked a cake each morning that was on the buffet – each day a different cake. I have attached a photo of the buffet with the cake of the day at the left end of the table.

The owner and staff were friendly and helpful and looked for ways to help us. On two of the nights we stayed, we asked the owner for restaurant suggestions and both were just what we were looking for.

My only caution would be to people who would find four flights of rather steep stairs a serious problem. I say serious because my wife and I are both 78 and, while we didn’t run up the stairs, we handled them without difficulty.

Comments