Radisson SAS Conference & Airport Hotel

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 46% less but rated 20% lower than other 5 star hotels

• Overall - dissapointing

To start of with, although I prepaid for our (my colleague and I) stay in the hotel and this was arranged beforehand, but come the day of my check-in, the front desk still asks me for payment. After I showed her the remittance proof, she apologized but still asks for my credit card. To add on, on the day I check-out, again the desk manager ask how I would like to settle payment. Again I have to show him the remittance proof. Though he apologized still this should not have happened at the first place. The registration system should have been updated before our arrival. Despite this, the air-conditioning in our room wasn’t functioning. We had to open up the windows but the noise outside was unbearable. I was told that the air-conditioning system had some problem which couldn’t be fixed overnight. What disappointing most is we were not offered to change room at all. To make matter worst, on the subject of privacy, I was informed that the maintenance guy will come to fix the air-conditioner at 12.30pm. At 11am while I was in the wc after shower with the door open, there was 2 guys knocking on our door and rush in immediately after 1 knock only. He did not even have the courtesy to introduce himself first; room service or maintenance, at least knock, shout and wait for respond from inside the room before bumping in as if no one is inside. I could quite clearly see the two men faces inside the wc, half naked. Again, the hotel shows no sign of remedy. This is very bad. Toilet rolls and tissues inside the bathroom were not replenished despite “Please clean room” sign has been put up.

Overall, my impression was one of a disappointment. We are very unimpressed with the staff; the operator sounded pressured and agitated as we call to complaint the air conditioner and maintenance guys, annoyed by the front desk and the inefficient registration system and most importantly no common courtesy and respect of guest’s privacy. This is seriously my worst experience with a 5 star rated hotel.

• stewartl's Profile Photo

Captive Market

I was here for a conference and had no choice in the selection.
    It was what was expected - an impersonal business orientated hotel.
    How many people would stay here if it was not for business (expenses)?
    Located on a busy road with no exernal amenities.
    We arrived lunchtime (14.00 hrs) and after leaving our bags in a large clean room,
    (no robes or slippers) we went to the bar.
    Small beer (30cl) 16TL (£6.00).
    A taxi into/return sultanhamet was 30TL.-WORTH IT.

No complaints about the staff or Service - what we expected.

Directions: Car/Taxi access only

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Airport Hotels... 5 stars

Radisson Sas: The Radisson SAS Conference & Airport Hotel is located near Istanbul's Atatürk International Airport and close to the city's main exhibition centers. The Hotel is on the Highway so easily reachable. I can only advice this hotel for Business travels. I still dont know why Radisson has choosed this location.

Crowne Plaza: The Hotel is just near the Atakoy Marina. A good location and close to the airport. Turkish Football team has also stayed in this hotel before flying to the World cup. and they were back as the worlds 3rd best team.

Directions: Radisson SAS: E5 Karayolu 34620 SEFAKOY- Istanbul