Suzer Plaza, Askarocagi, Cad. No.15, Elmadag Sisli, Istanbul, 34367, Turkey

The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 80% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

The Worst building of the city

The people who born in this city accept as a shame and as an insult this building and his silhouette.
    The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Istanbul soars above Dolmabahçe Palace and the European shore of the Bosphorus, affording guests splended views from all sides (and from many of the rooms).
    The very best views are reserved for the upper floors, which are actually luxury apartments, not part of the hotel proper.
    A bonus: east-facing rooms have fantastic views of the Inönü Stadium, home of the Besiktas Spor football (soccer) team. On match days, you can see everything better than anyone actually seated in the stadium!
    Although the hotel is not far from Taksim Square, the uphill walk along a heavily-trafficked road is not a pleasant one. Most of the time you'll find yourself using taxis to get around.

Address: The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul, Asker Ocagi Caddesi No. 15, Elmadag, 80200 Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
    ________________________________________

• twilk76's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel Instanbul

Typical Ritz-Carlton service: very professional staff, large clean rooms and bathrooms, very comfortable beds. Pools and spas very luxurious. Hotel also has a mall inside.

• JVANYC's Profile Photo

Luxury in Istanbul

What a fantastic 24 hours I had staying at this gorgeous hotel. Perhaps having been in the far eastern boonies of turkey for 6 weeks added to the experience but I could not have found a better way to spend $150 for a night at a hotel.

Unique Quality: Amazing Lobby, First rate rooms with views of the Bridge and water. Absolute Luxury. If you are traveling on euros or dollars its a great deal.

More about Ritz Carlton Istanbul

ALL Istanbul 5 Star Hotels

by Erkmen about Five star rated hotels and webs

Istanbul is hosting hundreds of Hotels..
I believe one of the best way to get info about a hotel is to visit their website.. And it is not easy to find them as many tradevise web sites are not giving their links and adresses..

So here is alist of all 5 star hotels in Istanbul and links to the sites. List is made in Alphabetical order.. Copyright Erkmen

Deluxe hotels:

Radisson Sas
Surmeli Hotel
Swissotel theBosphorus
The Marmara

One of the finest city hotel in the world.

by TripAdvisor Member edimick2

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey.
No words would sufice to describe how wonderful was our stay.
From check-in to check out the reception was warm, welcoming and gracious.
Our every need was anticipated, most notably by extraordinary concierge service.
The hotel is centrally located within minutes from all sites worthy of a visit.
The ammenities are finer than most five start resorts. The spa is quiet,and impeccable. The staff could not do enough for us. Our wishes were met before asking. .
Yes, we stayed on the Club Floor, but I am sure that the service would be equal on any floor at this very fine hotel. This may be one of the finest city hotel in the world.
Istanbul is a city we will never forget.
Thank you RITZ CARLTON!

Nice Hotel, Overpriced and Somewhat Inconvenient

This hotel itself is nice and feels like a Ritz Carlton. We stayed there because we found an excellent rate that included a park view room and breakfast. In fact, the price was better than the Hyatt or Intercontinental, both of which are located nearby on the same road.

On the plus side (1) the hotel is relatively quiet, clean and luxurious, although somewhat devoid of character; (2) the rooms were quite spacious and nice, although unspectacular; (3) the staff was generally courteous and helfpul, although again unspectacular (see more below); and (4) the breakfast buffet was very good (a welcome break from the ubiquitous lamb based Turkish dishes, of which any non-Turk can only eat so much of).

On the negative side, (1) food and drinks, whether ordered in the lobby bar area or via room service were ridiculously expensive - for example, a sandwich costs 25-30 Turkish Lira (approximately 20-22 dollars), excluding 18% tax and any tip; (3) internet usage is outrageously expensive - for example, in room use (if you have a laptop), was nearly 50 Turkish Lira (approximately $40 for a 24 hour period); (4) the location is decent, but it is just far enough from anything that you cannot step out for a quick bite, or to buy a paper or to do anything, without either taking a taxi or walking 15 minutes uphill, which the hotel recommends against in the evening for safety reasons; (5) the concierges, although nice, only seem to recommend very expensive restaurants and do not seem to be well informed - for example, they sent us to a restaurant after 9:00 PM without mentioning that many restaurants run out of food after 9:00 PM (although when subsequently told of our experience they reacted as if this was obvious) and they didn't know the ferry schedule (to cross the Bosphorous).

In all honesty, unless (1) you want to overpay for everything (hopefully, other than your room rate), (2) you are in the 65 or older age group such that you are content taking taxis everywhere and (3) want to stay in a somewhat sterile environment, I would recommend the Hyatt over the Ritz Carlton. It is of equal quality, has much more character and is in a slightly better location.

Spectacular Service

Visited this hotel on business and received spectacular service. From the moment I arrived the level of attention makes this one of the best hotels I've ever experienced. Terrific bathrooms, lovely Spa and personal service at the highest level. Simply delicious food and the full gamut from Turkish specialties to International cuisine. The views of the Bosphorus from the rooms can only be described as incredible. If there was an employee who wasn't immediately available and smiling to boot I didn't see them. The Concierge was superb, arranging a quick local tour before departure. Can only decribe this visit as a tremendous value.

Saavy Traveler! This is it!

I went to Istanbul for vacation. Never been to the country before but have stayed at many Ritz properties. If you are like me, you tend not to stay at Ritz due to a lot of great properties out there. I typically stay at Four Seasons, Mandarin Orientals, Peninsulas etc. if they are located in cities I travel to. This trip was an exception and have to say that the service I received here far exceeded the service I have received at any other properties (listed above). From the moment I arrived, they greeted me by name and continued to do so throught the stay. By the end I felt that everyone knew who I was. I really felt like I was at home and not a number. This was service I expected at a 10 room hotel, not 200+ like they have. The front desk assistant manager was great. Everyone should ask for him. You can tell by his true sincerity that he loves his job. It happened to be my birthday, the staff sang to me, brought me a gift (a cd of an artist that the concierge and I was discussing from the day prior... I was impressed), cake and all. I have to say that because of this trip, my experience in Istanbul was great! If you've seen it all. This place puts Ritz back on the map and shows you what the TRUE Ritz organization was really all about! UNBELIEVABLE!

Exceptional Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Anon

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for three nights (Dec 29th-Januaty 1st). We had a Club Level Partial Bosphorus room. before our arrival we had been informed that the Executive Lounge was being refurbished so instead of the Lounge privileges we enjoyed free dinners at Centemani Restaurant, which gave us the opportunity to sample more than once the wonderful cuisine of Geoffrey Bone, the Cintemani extraordinary chef. As others have mentioned, the level of service at this property is truly unique, giving you the illusion of being in some luxury cruise ship, more than in a city hotel. The room was the peak of comfort, the bathroom enourmous and beautiful, with every amenity you could wish (even toothbrush and rasor!). We did not find the location an issue, since a short walk up brings you to Taksim, a short walk down to the tram and taxis standing by the hotel courtyard and plenty and reliable. In short - truly a unique experience which we hope to repeat soon.

ok but not exceptional

by TripAdvisor Member tottie

Have just returned for the RC after celebrating New Year there. We had booked a club room only to find when we got there the club was being refurbished. sadly noone had informed us. We were offered evening meal, drinks in the lobby bar and afternnon tea. When we went for afternoon tea it wasnt available as they were setting up for New Years night. We thought the food was mediocre at the Cintemini restaurant. Also booked New Year celebration which again the food was not good. My second course was flat cold - was supposed to be warm, my rib of veal was really tough - my husband is a master butcher. However the dessert buffet more than made up for it. The decorations and the tables settings were excellent and the entertainment was good. Still enjoyed ourselves but having stayed at 5 different RC - i have to say this was the worst. No turn down service both nights we were there, cold food and service was a little surly. Only minor things but always expect such high standards from the RC.

Beach near Ritz Carlton

by Lucy-

Hi Guys

I will be arriving in Istanbul on Wenesday and would like to spend a day by the beach whilst I am there. Could someone tell me if the weather is likely to be good enough to sit on a beach and also which is the nearest (but also nice) beach to The Ritz-Carlton, Suzer Plaza, Elmadag Askerocagi Cad. No: 1534367 Sisli and how long it would take to get there.

Thanks for your help

Lucy

by Sirvictor

Dear Lucy, Arrive laughing and return laughing. I mean arrive happyly and return happyly. It is not the season for beaches.It rains and the sun does not heats you. On the other hand there are no more beaches in Istanbul. All seaside is harbour or filled with earth to gain new roads. But every luxus hotel have their swimmingpools. I don't know if they are open for swimmers in this season. But bring your swimming suits. If you find sun you can lay by the pool. Let me remaind you here the sun is better then your sun. I prefere to sit by the seaside in Karakoy on the Galata Bridge and to drink a beer/tea/cafee and enjoy the panaroma of Istanbul hearing the cryies of seaguls. If you have time go to Kadikoy by ferry and sit in a seaside cafe or old Kadikoy Ferry Station(Eski Kadikoy Vapur Iskelesi).You will feel the air, aroma, taste and you will thank to Allah/God/Jesus Cristus that you live.

by babazula

hi,

unfortunately there is no beach in that area.. plus it is rainy today.:( however if you wanna swim Kilyos area would be a nice choice with its private beaches.. But thats little bit out from city center..But u can sit and relax near seaside .e.g Dolmabahce Palace...or Asian Side Kadikoy....

Have fun and enjoy it.:)

by bakis

lucy,

you wont be doing too much swimming due to the weather. but, if it is a sunny day, go to ciragan palace hotel which is between besiktas and ortakoy. they have a pool there right on the bosphorus. in all actuality, youre swimming in fresh pool water, but with the views of like swimming on the bosphorus. its the phattest place. you can try to sneak in, or i think youll pay a rate. its worth to just see the fantastic view...

d

RE: RE: Beach near Ritz Carlton

by ersavas

istanbul is new york, not miami...

by xsxsxs

hey,u can also go ısland which is by ferry from eminonu,if the weather be good then u can rent a bike and go beach side in island...

Comments