Romance Hotel Istanbul

Hudavendigar Caddesi 7, Sirkeci, Istanbul, 34410, Turkey

Good For No Data
  • Very good for the money

Stayed here for two nights - excellent for th money but...........

.....although the breakfast was pretty good overall - 'proper' coffeee (not Nescafe) and real orange juice are EXTRA!!! What is that about?

Situation could not be better however and its right in the thick if it.

More about Romance Hotel Istanbul

Loved Hotel Romance

by TripAdvisor Member marinamill

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Romance in Istanbul for a long weekend. The hotel is beautiful and clean and a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and St Sophia. The staff were really friendly and the breakfast was really good. We booked through lastminute and got a great deal. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a short break in Instanbul. The Front Office Chief , Sinan Oktem was really helpful.
The grand bazar can be a rip off even if you barter, the prices were way to high and watch out for people who want to polish your shoes, one man asked us for a cigarette and then insisted on polishing our shoes for free even though we protested, then demanded 25 Lira ( about £10). Also watch the price on the clocks of the taxis, because we were charged double by many taxi drivers.

Excelent location for sightseeing!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SMML

We have been at the Romance hotel for four nights and it was ALL fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpfull, as all the Turkish people I met in Istambul, simply charming. But the best is the situation of the hotel, that let you take advantange of your time because you can walk to many of the main monuments.
I will recommend it for sure to my friends visiting Istambul and I hope to repeat in a future to the same hotel. Thanks for all!

Great value.

by TripAdvisor Member ElizabethWestSussex

We have just spent five nights at the hotel Romance. We were given a suite for our wedding aniversary and although not luxury accomodation it was spacious and very clean. The real plus side to the hotel is the location and we only used public transport once- the ferry (50 pence to go to the Asian side). The staff were friendly and personable and the breakfast a delight. We ate in the restaurant only once in the evening and to be honest there are far better dining experiences to be had in the city although it was winter and the hotel was quite empty so it was like eating in a library! The restaurants by the Galata bridge were good (the hotel has one with a free shuttle there and back). and the pandeli (100 years old) was a real experience in the spice market.

There was also a fish restaurant recommended in the lonley planet guide. Apparently its were the top people in Istanbul go. The food was very good although the service chaotic!

We took a sunday times guide with us and found the Rustem Pasa mosque in the spice market and we did a tour and visited the Sulieman mosque both far more interseting than the blue mosque.

Back to the hotel -recommended on all fronts good basic 3.5 star accommodation. Ask for a larger room though as ours was fine.

Receptionist behaving like "KGB" and very tiny little rooms! maximum 2 stars

by TripAdvisor Member Casey*NL

This hotel is showing pictures of rooms on their webside which are in reality very very tiny, you can hardly turn yourself. We bookd three rooms but none of the rooms was like this on their webside! Upon reservation they promised quiet non smoking rooms on 5 th floor. We got a loud room with every few minutes a tramway passing by! Hotelreceptionist are like controlling you all the time. I wanted to show one turkish friend my mini room, first they did not allow this, after a stupid discussion she said ok. After 30 minutes, before leaving for dinner, one member of the staff came up, knocked like loud, i should call mangement, because of my friend. Answer of receptionist was like, for security reasons they came up as my friend could have killed me! This hotel, called Romance Hotel treated me like a kind of criminal. Further if an extra person stays they charge you euro 30 for one night! Not the difference between double and single use, which was only euro 12! So stay away from this hotel, not worth the money and the unfriendly service! Mr. Kees - Travelagent - Stuttgart

Pleasant and Warm Ambience and Professional and Helpful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member zenubia

I stayed in the Romance Hotel for a week and will definitely go back there again. During the time I stayed there I had family members, friends stay with me and I had more than one way of paying for the room (conference organizers, self, etc.) The staff was not phased by these complications and provided solutions in a professional and helpful manner without making a fuss.

When a friend of ours got sick, they patiently took care of her bringing her medication from their supplies, from the pharmacy and providing her plenty of warm liquids to replenish her system. They did it without poise and expectation. The service staff is not greedy or expecting tips. Of course, they would welcome it, but do not pressure you in any way to keep tipping to get basics done.

The hotel has a pleasant decor, great location in the heart of Sirkeci (barely minutes from the Gulhane tramway station and the Sirkeci train station and the public boat system of Sirkeci/Eminonu). It is right next to Gulhane Park and few minutes of walk from the Sultan Ahmet Square (which houses Santa Sophia and the Blue Mosque).

Unlike the reviewer from Stuttgard, I would say the staff were discreet and respectful, and in no way imposing or curious. As a woman guest coming in and out at all hours of the day, I felt welcome, safe and warmly greeted in each and every encounter without fail. Granted this is a small hotel and it has a quaintness that might not provide the anonymity of a larger hotel. And those who want such anonymity might not prefer it. For those who like to feel welcome and be recognized and taken care of, it is a great find.

Very clean and modern, well worth the price

by TripAdvisor Member kbrack

The double room I stayed in on the 5th floor was very clean and neat and modern. Although small and compact, it was ample for spending the evening as most daytime activities were spent in the city. The TV was small but I did find a couple of english speaking stations.

Most of the staff spoke english and I found them to be friendly and accomodating.

I had 2 evening meals at the hotel and found them to be above average as well. The menu prices were very inexpensive compared other european cities I visited on the same trip.

Kevin Brackins
Hotel Manager, Panama City FL

Brilliant location, excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member lilgecko

The hotel is ideally located, just a short walk from major sites such as the Tokapi Palace, Blue Mosque, and the Aya Sofya. There are plenty of places to eat in the immediate vicinity including a street full of reasonably priced Turkish restaurants directly behind the hotel. The hotel itself is very smart and well-kept- the rooms are immaculate and recently decorated with nice little touches like chocolates on the pillow. The bathroom is very good. The breakfast was superb- no matter what time we got there, a huge choice awaited us (including a huge honeycomb- delicious) and everything was fresh and tasty. Although a tram line ran past the front of the hotel, the room we were in was at the side and so well insulated with such dark curtains we slept in most days. Our only gripe was the airport shuttle bus service would have been cheaper had we booked it in the travel agancy next door. Another tip- we didn't realise but the Grand Bazaar closes at 8pm... and all day Sunday, so make sure you don't miss it. Also, we arrived at the Sagiha airport- taxis are pricey so catch one of the "Octobuses" -the bus to any of the ferries terminals on the Asian side- then when you arrive on the European side at Sirecki train station you are only a short walk away.

Everything Great!

by TripAdvisor Member Aquarius19

This bijou hotel was everything we hoped to find - having checked on Trip Advisor we booked for 4 nights between Christmas and New Year. The location is just the best! Situated in the old town, most of the top attractions were 5 to 10 minutes walk. The tramway runs past the front of the hotel with a stop just round the corner. The staff were friendly and efficient; the rooms, whilst not huge, were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated in Art Deco style. The buffet breakfast choice was enormous, the honeycomb was a really lovely touch. We dined in one evening and the meals were huge, and nicely presented. When next visiting we will definitely book the Romance again.

Romance hotel

by mardaska

Hi!
I will be in Istanbul at the beginning of August and I was looking for accommodation... I have been there before and I am familiar with the hotels in the Taksim area. This time I want to stay in Sultanahmet, so..
Has anyone stayed at the Romance Hotel in Sultanahmet Area? At the website it looks very nice, but I would love to have a personal opinion..

Marianna

Istanbul Hotls

by el_sindbad

G'day ..when i was in Istanbul i stied in the President Hotel which is in Baizait area which is very close to most of the must to see places there .... hope this website will help u ...happy travelling ..bbye

Re: Romance hotel

by VladimirIL

That IS the area to stay! I found a nice little pension walking distance from the Blue Mosque & Ayia Sophia for $18 per person per night, including breakfast on the roof. I forget the name but they are all similar in this area & there are a LOT of them--small family run places.

Re: Re: Romance hotel

by kedi+

I dunno exactly "Romance Hotel" but hotels&pensions around Sultanahmet area quite clean and cheap.. Also gives you the best transportation opportunities.. Have a nice vacation in Istanbul. I'll be there in the end of august, too! Can't wait! 8-)

Re: Re: Romance hotel

by mardaska

Thank you all for your help... I have booked another hotel withthe help of a friend who lives there..
Bryan, I read your story in Istanbul page...Sorry to hear that you had such bad memories...I dont...My trip to Istanbul last year was great..thats why I am going back.

Marianna