Saba Hotel

See Amenities

Saba Hotel, the unexpected pleasure

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2009

I consider myself an Istanbulite...Lived here for about 20 years and know the city inside out. Now that we have decided to leave the Sublime Port and settle in Bodrum, we have found ourselves in need of a hotel for the short unexpected extention due to my dental condition. Yes my dentist is Turkish ...He is one of the top implantologists in Turkey. And I am having my whole mouth done...For a fraction of a price that would cost me in Europe...A travel agent friend of ours suggested Hotel Saba. I was reticent at the beginning but we trusted our friend so we took it. Sultanahmet was a place for tourists, what am I doing here? My worries started dispersing as I met Alper the hotel manager, Orhan the waiter/bellboy who helped us to our room. We found a home away from home. I realised that I have not known Istanbul at all. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are cosy, the staff is ready to bend backwards to help you. The breakfast room is out of sight with the panaromic view of the city. The seagulls claim the terrace as their own and join you for breakfast. The cleanliness is outstanding. And Sultanahmet...What can I say...It is the amalgamated spirit of Bysance, the Ottoman Empire and the Turkish republic ...It is the real Istanbul...Do yourselves a favour. Next time when you go to Istanbul discover Sultanahmet. If you stay in Hotel Saba, say "Hello" to Alper and Orhan from me...Eric Clarke

Unique Quality: Friendliness, Unique Location, The view is outstanding. The rooms are cosy and clean. Close to everywhere that is in your guidebook.

call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

The roofs of Istanbul

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2005

This time I wanted to sleep in Sultanahmed.. I wanted to wake up in the morning and see beauty... The choice fell upon hotel Saba, basically because the price was right.

An added bonus was the fact that the hotel is located in an old traditional building. Extra points ofr the staff: incredibly helpful and friendly.

Unique Quality: We were lucky. We were given a room with a view over the hippodrome and the blue mosque... in the distance we could also clearly see Aya Sophia. The perfect location I was looking for - and the room was cosy, too.

Don't bother with the breakfast, though: one quick look at it made me want to go somewhere else

Directions: sultanahmed

Bavavia's Profile Photo

Comfortable, great location, quiet

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 11, 2004

I stayed here last summer....I stayed twice actually ( June,July2003). My room was nice and comfy...the bathroom was very large which is unusual in many hotels in istanbul. It was quiet and well located( near Hippodrome). Walking distance to all attractions and great restaurants all around. Would stay again next visit!

Unique Quality: Great location
Large rooms
Quiet!

Directions: Right near hippodrome.......little quiet street. Near Blue Mosque, nice perfect location...

Nearby Saba Hotel

2 Photos of Saba Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Saba Hotel

• Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Istanbul Travel Forum

Need advice about Istanbul, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Istanbul and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Istanbul hotel reviews

clothes
Ortakoy
Rumeli Hisari
Off The Beaten Path
Chora church Museum (Kariye )
Haci Abdullah