Sarnic

Sarnic Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• What a wonderful stay!

We found the hotel by internet, booked and got there! When we arrived at the airport, the transfer man of Sarnic Hotel was waiting for us with our names. It was very comfortable especially after a long way flight.
    What a wonderful place, helpful staff and a warm 'home' in Istanbul. Our room was big enough and really comfortable. From the windows we could touch the famous historical Blue Mosque which is just 2 minutes away from the hotel.
    They arranged some tours and reccommend/booked some restaurants, all were perfect. We really enjoyed them.
    We also had a cooking class. It was really fun and very enjoyable. The food was the best in Istanbul or may be as we cook...
    I highly reccommend this hotel to everyone.

Directions: It is just a 2-10 minutes away from all historical relics.

• be prepared to switch rooms

Stayed at Sarnic Hotel in April 2009 and would not recommend it to anyone. Loved the staff and the location, but unfortunately they never mentioned the heavy traffic outside the hotel, thank god for earplugs. The room was not properly cleaned when we arrived, the bathroom not at all. They fixed it quickly though. Something very strange happened though: one morning we were simply told that we had to change to another room. Apparently our twin room was big enough to accommodate three people and they needed a room for three. We had to pack and leave our room after breakfast, and were told to come back in the afternoon. We did, and the new room (on the 1st floor) was a disaster. More like a closet. No window outside, a dark, horrible place. We refused to accept it, which caused much irritation. According to the hotel management we had simply been given a BETTER room for the first nights, and this was an "ordinary double room". Yeah, sure. If we would've gotten that room the first night, we would've left the hotel. After loads of arguing and angry tones we got another, nicer room upstairs. Why on earth would they put us in a closet when there apparently was a room available? Beats me. No apologies for the inconvenience whatsoever. The management is truly lacking all kinds of customer service basic skills, thank god their staff makes up for it.

More about Sarnic

Very Happy with Sarnic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member garyLS

We stayed at the Sarnic Hotel for 4 nights in March. We also took their 4 hour Turkish cooking class. The hotel was pretty, clean, and very convenient to the main tourist attractions of Istanbul. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating in advising on directions, making diner reservations, and just about anything else we asked of them

If you're interested in learning how to cook a few Turkish dishes, consider the cooking classes that the Sarnic periodically offers. The class is held in the hotel's kitchen for about 3 hours followed by lunch on their roof terrace, enjoying the food you cooked.

Wonderful Small Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ahs12

The Sarnic Hotel is a wonderful place to stay in Istanbul. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are impeccably clean with modern amenities, and the hotel's proximity to most of the major attractions makes sight-seeing a breeze. The decor is perhaps a bit lacking in local charm, but they more than make up for it with their delicious breakfasts of yogurt and dried fruit and amazing views of the Blue Mosque. I would recommend any first time visitor to Istanbul to stay at the Sarnic Hotel. It's a terrific value and lovely experience.

Ideal location in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member Katpatukacavewoman

Just had 4 nights at Sarnic Hotel. It was a relaxed and friendly environment. The Manager Mehmet was courteous, polite and respectful as was his offsider Ercan and all the other staff.
They were able to provide excellent information about Istanbul in a non pressured manner and with very good English.
The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was included and authentically Turkish - which is exactly what we wanted.
The hotel is perfectly placed for all the main tourist attractions in Sultanahment, and is surprisingly quiet.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And will definitely be back again!

Unforgettable!

by TripAdvisor Member Svetlana84

I've just turn back from my Istanbul trip, i were in Sarnic hotel for 3 days, it was great!!!! Perfect location( Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Basilica Cistern). Great food, Friendly saff!

Deafening Noise

by TripAdvisor Member brianlevin

DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF U VALUE SLEEPING AFTER 8:30AM OR TAKING A NAP IN THE AFTERNOON.
our 10 day stay here was a cliche of the travelocity commercial.
every day our family had to endure the horrible noise of our wall being drilled and hammered into by the construction crew of the buidling next door being renovated.
We had stayed here the year before, and had a decent time. the Mgr, Mehmet , knew who we were when we booked the reservation. He is one of two Hotel Mgrs. ( definitely not a friendly sort). I reconfirmed two week prior to coming to the hotel and he responded with a congenial note but wthout any indication that there was renovation being done on the next blding.
We travel quite frequently internationally for business and vacation. If I stayed at a Hotel and they have any problem they will be professional and advise me of the issue.
The Sarnic Hotel very rarely gets a family staying for the amount of time we do.
The Hotel Mgr. Mehmet lied to us not only by not indicating there was a noise problem but lied to us when we checked in by telling us the drilling and hammering started at 11am and would end promptly by 5pm. It started at 8:30am and ended 6:30pm.
Do yourself a favor and check out the hotel across the street Abella. Has a better view , better MANAGEMENT, and NO NOISE.

Warm, gracious Service!

by TripAdvisor Member Ruthyy

We ended our cruise trip by staying one extra night in Istanbul and I researched hotels of where to stay and I came up with this one. I didn't want to pay a lot for just one night, yet it had to be decent. All that criteria was met a the Sarnic Hotel. I liked this smaller hotel most of all because of the people who run it. When I first booked it, I e-mailed the manager and he quickly and accurately replied to my several questions. When we arrived, he was there at the front desk to greet us and spoke excellent English. I really appreciated that they had free wireless internet service all through the hotel. And when I found that my laptop battery was depleted and had no way of charging it, Ercan at the front desk literally rigged me up a way that I could recharge my laptop battery. He troubleshooted and made sure that my problem was solved. It's so rare to find employees who can "problem solve". I was very grateful that he took the time to help me. There is just no way a big hotel would have done that for me. This hotel is on an interesting street with little restaurants and shops and minutes from some of the major tourist attractions. Be sure you have a clear address for your taxi driver so he can find this. Thanks again for caring to help me!

Very friendly home from home

by TripAdvisor Member Glenfinnan

We are a couple in our early 50's who like to get to know places. It was our first visit to Istanbul and we used Tripadvisor as part of the hotel selection.

Sarnic overall was very good. If you are looking for somewhere central that's problem free, friendly and spotlessly clean, you can choose this hotel with confidence.

We had to move from a triple to a double room, but that was no hassle. Even the double room was spacious - a lot of people complain about very small rooms in Istanbul hotels.

The guys at reception were not just helpful, but good fun and very friendly during our 10 day stay (not enough for this city). The owner moves on soon, now that the lease has expired, so there might be changes. But the staff are staying and it's them that make the place.

Breakfast is on the roof terrace (like most in this area) and it's fairly good - although I'd suggest proper orange juice instead of diluted stuff.

Sarnic is in a good area for headline tourist attractions and it's relatively traffic-free. There are plenty of restaurants around, with Doy-Doy (very good) and Buhara 93 (even better) just around the corner, for basic Turkish food (no beer). Best restaurants, and best value, were in Kumkapi (15 min walk) or uptown Beyoglu (public transport or taxi) for an even better choice.

Hotels

by AusRuss

Hi
Has anyone stayed at the Sarnic Hotel ,Sultanahmet Istanbul
TURKEY. It looks pretty central.

Re: Hotels

by muratkorman

I haven't stayed there as Istanbul is my home city. But it is very central location and easy access to main tourist attractions.

Comments