Catalcesme Meydani, Doktor Emin Pasa Sok. No: 20, Istanbul, 34410, Turkey
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Tan Hotel

We´ve really enjoyed Tan Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cascastro

I promised the owner to write a comment about the hotel in this web because it really deserves it.

In our arrival to Atatürk Airport, a very polite guy was waiting for us in the waiting lounge to drive us to the hotel (We had to wait 40 minutes to other family to arrive, but anyway it wasnt their fault). The hotel is just in the old city centre, just exactly 4 minutes walking to blue mosque and Hagia Sophia and 30 seconds walking to the tram that connects the most important places in Istambul.
zzzzzaa
Our room was a standard one and we dont have any complaints about it, correct size and is true as other comments say that air-conditioned is not very powerful to freeze the room but is fairly enough. The cleanliness was perfect, every day new towels and everything neat and tidy.

Signed: Young Couple. Madrid, Spain.

The breakfast buffet was really good, we found everything we wanted for our breakfast. omelettes, toasties, jams, bread, ham, different kinds of cheese, tea, coffee or chocolate as well as tipical turkish delights as yoghourt, seeds, etc.

The staff was really, really pleasant (especially the girl in reception that explained us everything we could make and visit there as well as restaurants to have dinner, and not forget the owner, she was with a smile the whole day and worried about if everything was OK. All of them with a very good level of English.

We really loved Istambul and that is why we will come back there but of course alocated in Tan Hotel. We will reccomend to our friends and colleagues without any doubt. Relation quality-price outstanding.

Signed: Young couple, Madrid, Spain.

Amazing Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BuckhurstHillbilly

Just got back from the Tan Hotel after a superb 5 night stay. The hotel is a real gem, a small reasonably priced, incredibly clean boutique hotel. I had pestered them in advance with many, many questions due to being disabled and travelling with an 8 year old child but nothing was too much trouble!

The actual hotel is well situated in a small pedestrianised area of Sultanahmet. The hotel is actually fairly quiet considering you are right in the heart of the city; obviously one can hear the muezzin calling the faithful to prayer but I find it part of the whole Turkish experience! The hotel only serves breakfast but is very happy to order in a take away from one of the many local cafes or restaurants should you so require, thus there is room service. They are also very obliging ordering taxis or arranging tours and speak good English. We had transfers included in our stay and paid 120 Euros per night fully inclusive for one of their suites which had a very generously sized double sofa bed in the sitting room for my son. The jacuzzi baths are small but very, very clean and new. Sheets
and towels are changed on a daily basis and the hotel's range of toiletries are also good.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Exotic Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member DazFall

My family have just enjoyed a wonderful couple of days in Istanbul, and the Tan Hotel provided a very good place to stay. The hotel is in an exceptional location, far enough away from the main road to be quiet, yet everything is within a 5 minute walk. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist.

My only negative was that one of the two rooms we had, 404 I think, was very hot and due to its location on the corner of the hotel, it was impossible to cool it down.

Still, wouldn't mind staying there again for the price that we paid.

A true gem!

by TripAdvisor Member ilsf06

We loved hotel Tan. At first we had a bit of a problem with them. We booked the hotel through Expedia, and luckily I called ahead of time to confirm and they did not have our reservation. I had to re-book it with the Tan hotel directly. I am not sure if it is Expedia's fault or the hotel is overbooking, but we were able to stay there and we very happy we did. This hotel is wonderful. Located in the center of everything, so you can walk to all of the attractions. Hotel is modern and clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend it to everybody planning a trip to Istanbul. Make sure you visit the Beoglu district – best food and people watching in Istanbul. We also loved Egyptian spice bazaar! Have fun!

Clean, affordable, great value

by TripAdvisor Member Erasuregirl

Our stay at the Tan Hotel was pleasant and a relief after returning from Selcuk and Cappadocia. We stayed a total of four nights (though we were not given a transfer as you have to arrange in advance. A cab to/from airport costs 25-35 YTL). We especially thought the female daytime manager was kind and helpful. She is definitely an asset to the hotel.

ROOMS: The rooms were very clean, with a king-sized bed and modern bathrooms. There was plenty of space to lay out our stuff. Having a bathtub as opposed to a standing shower alone is a nice touch. Cleaning staff were also friendly and did a great job. I agree with others' reviews on the air-conditioning - it is not very strong and is operated on a central system. Curtains are hung over the AC vent making it hard for the cooler air to circulate. The weather was not terribly hot when we were there so we didn't mind too much.

LOCATION: The hotel is literally 30 seconds from the tram stop, which is extremely helpful for short trips to the Spice/Grand Bazaars, Eminonu, etc. You can also walk in 10 minutes to the bazaars, and to one of the best hammams in Istanbul (I forget the name, but it's right by the supermarket Green's). Aya Sofya, Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque are all within 5-10 minute walking distance. A cab to/from Taksim costs around 12 YTL late at night.

MEALS: Great - definitely get the scrambled eggs at breakfast, quite good and come out fast. The staff on the rooftop terrace are very friendly. There are also good pide places behind the hotel if you feel like something different.

Overall, you will pay a little bit more than other hotels in the area, but the Tan Hotel is worth it. It's clean, reasonably priced, well-located and they will get back to you over email if you are persistent.

Enjoyed our Stay, May 2007

by TripAdvisor Member Carol202

Tan Hotel

My husband and I stayed at the Tan Hotel for 3 nights. My husband arrived in Istanbul on an earlier flight than me and had no problem checking into the hotel early. The hotel is located just off the Sultanahmet Tram stop, opposite the park and behind the little alleys of restaurants. .

There is a spacious lobby and a nice looking bar that I never saw being used. A small elevator goes from the lobby up to the rooftop terrace. The staff was very friendly and were always willing to make phone calls on my behalf for dinner reservations, or in one case to help order invitations from a local shop.

The room was much bigger than the last place I had stayed in (Diva’s Hotel) and much more modern. It was just as pictured on the web site, [--]. The bathroom was also roomy with a nice sink, modern toilet, and a Jacuzzi tub/shower that was somewhat larger than a standard tub. The king-sized bed was comfortable enough. The room included a stocked refrigerator, LCD TV, and phone. There was a wardrobe with two drawers and a desk with a hassock. There was a safe in the room, but no alarm clock.

The bath was very modern and clean. It was stocked with two bath towels, two hand towels, two bath rugs, but no washcloths. There were soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. There were also combs, swabs, and hairnets on the desk. The towels and toiletries were updated daily.

The room needed a couple of very minor repairs that did not affect our stay. The vent over the air conditioner was broken and one of the baseboards was loose. Also, we never figured out how to work the fan in the bath, if it even worked at all.

The air conditioning was effective but not set very cold. It wasn’t very hot during our stay so I don’t know how well it would work in a heat wave. At night, we opened the window and used the sheer curtain liner to keep insects out, although I don’t think there was much of a problem with them on the 4th floor. However, it did get much noisier with the window open. Most of the rooms face out to the back of the hotel which is where you hear a lot more banging and clanging going on with deliveries, garbage trucks, street sweepers, and school bells. Of course there is the unavoidable sound of the mosques, but that is part of life in Istanbul. After a day of site-seeing and shopping, the noises didn’t bother me much.

On the roof, there is a small bar and the breakfast area with views of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The views are blocked a little by another hotel. We also got to enjoy watching a family of seagulls raise their two chicks.

The restaurant that used to be on the hotel is still not open, but there are lots of places to eat just outside the door of the hotel. Breakfast is served to guests and includes the usual Turkish foods, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and cheese. There are also cereal, a little fruit, and omelets made to order with cheese, mushrooms, and/or tomatoes. Drinks consisted of orange juice, water, milk, and some pretty good filtered coffee. Fresh bread was brought to our table.

The location of the Tan Hotel is excellent for seeing the main sites. It’s an easy walk to the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofia, and Grand Baazar. We took the nearby tram to Kabatas to see the Dolmabahce Palace, and got off at the Galta Bridge on our return to check out the fish markets, walk across the bridge, and enjoy the Egytian Spice Market. After that, we walked up the hill to our hotel.

The advertised price for the Tan Hotel is 180 Euro. We paid 80 Euro by going through a travel company I found on line. Who knows, we might have gotten an even better deal if we had talked to the hotel. The price we paid was fair for the room and location. However, avoid the stocked items in the room. My husband used a small bottle of water and it cost 5.00 YTL. We could buy the same thing at a nearby market for .18 karus.

Carol202

Peaceful, pleasant, relaxing and in the middle of a city!

by TripAdvisor Member nedkelly944

We have just been fortunate enough to visit the interesting, historical city of Istanbul which we enjoyed immensely, due in no small part to the Tan Hotel where we stayed for the 3 nights.
A porter met us in the street as the taxi pulled up and saw to or bags.The receptionist who spoke very good English, was welcoming and pleasant and extremely helpful in advising us on the best way to see as much as possible in the amount of time we had.
I was amazed at how quiet our room was, especially as the hotel is located so close to so many of the top tourist spots, no traffic noise at all! After visiting all those interesting places it was wonderful to be able to lie in the jacuzzi bath and let it ease away the aches and pains brought on by all that walking.
Also, what better way to start each day than enjoying breakfast sitting on the roof terrace overlooking the city.
Thank you to all the staff at the Tan for making our stay so enjoyable and we look forward to staying with you again next time we visit Istanbul. Barbara Kelly

Excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member vericarvalho

date: 05/07

The service is excellent, and the localization very good too!
You can take breakfast looking to the Blue Moske and Aya Sofia.
Quiet and clean room! If I go to Istambul I'll stay there fore sure!!!!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member iwant2cworld

I contacted the hotel directly and got the best price that way, 88 euros a night, from which I got a further 10% off by paying in cash i.e. 80 euros. If you stay for 5 nights you also qualify for free transfers in both directions, less than 5, you only get a freebie transfer one way. The day we arrived we were offered the suite for no extra cost, this proved inavluable especially since we have a 1 year old, that extra space for her to roam made a difference. The staff at reception were very helpful, offering any assistance we may require with our baby. Rooms were spotless, close to trams (100m), tourist attractions and restaurants. No complaints and will definately recommend this hotel.

A Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member veronicococo

The hotel was absolutely wonderful.First of all it was in the right middle of the center of city. Thanks to contemporary decor with modern furnisihings. Rooftop terrace was just amazing with the scene of bosphorus. Brand room bed room was relaxing and also comfortable.I had a very good holiday in Turkey people are vey sociable and friendly.

Comments