Turcomania Suites

Kucuk Ayasofya Str.nr.9 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34122, Turkey

More about Istanbul

Taskim - be awareTaskim - be aware

Galata BridgeGalata Bridge

Central dome adornmentCentral dome adornment

The Fire TowerThe Fire Tower

Travel to Ogumce

by solopes

I will be in Istanbul next May, and will need to visit Cam Ocagi glass school, close to Ogumci, in the Asian side. Is it there a reliable transport or do I need a taxi?

Re: Travel to Ogumce

by Karahan

Hi,

I don't know the place but this is their website:

And it says (at Turkish section) there is a bus to Cumhuriyet.. very close to Ogumce Cam Ocagi... Line number is #137 (Beykoz - Riva Cumhuriyet Koyu)

You can also find details and map about the line on link below...

Re: Travel to Ogumce

by Sirvictor

Orumce is on the other side of Istanbul on the Black Sea. Beykoz is also on the very far side of Istanbul. Beykoz is on the mouth of Bosphorus. After Beykoz the Black Sea begins. Beykos is like Uranus of solar system. I mean the most uther part of Istanbul. You can reach Beykoz with ferry. You can not take a taxi. becaouse it is very far. Beykoz is on the Asia. If you tell me in which hotel you will spent the first night I can write your route.

Bus number 137 departs from Beykoz. It takes 250 minutes to and fro. This means oneway 125 minutes or so.
1st bus departs on 05.30 on working days and saturday. on sunday:09.30
17:30 17:30
18:45 18:45
20:00 20:00

Travel Tips for Istanbul

GO TO TURKEY - and you are a...

by narixa

GO TO TURKEY - and you are a MILLIONAIR!!!
exchange rate:
1 US$ = ca. 1,250,000 Turkish Lira (June 2001) Bazar - seems to be still like in '1001 night', loads of silver & gold, jewelery, carpets, leather clothes etc

Turkish beer

by dabuwan

There a few local brands of beer in Turkey. Efes and Venus were the most popular ones when I visited.
They are good and available almost everywhere, though not so cheap when compared to other soft drinks.

Fenerbahce is my team...

by 80-bettyboo

welcome to the hell of Kadýkoy

Fenerbahce since 1907...
Is the best....
we were the champion last year but this year although we are not good at, we beat Galatasaray 6 - 0 ...
Our coach are usually from Germany or Yugoslavia, but this year we have turkish.
when we were champion our coach were:
2002-2002 Werner Lorant (Alman)
1995-1996 Carlos Alberto Parreira (Brezil)
1988-1989 Todor Veselinoviç (Yugoslav
1984-1985 Todor Veselinoviç (Yugoslav))
1982-1983 Enver Katip, Branko Stankoviç (Yugoslav)
1977-1978 Tomislav Kaleperoviç (Yugoslav)
we have been the champion 14 times..
Our goal keeper is choosen the second best of Europe after Oliver KAHN, after World Cup..
P.S the foundation of turkish rebuplic was also fan of Fenerbahce as well... I remember when Fenerbahce was beatan my dad was getting really angry and once he broke one of the window..All my family supports Fenerbahce..
and I was so exited when I went to my first game in 1998 against Galatasary , we were beaten 2-1 ...Infact my firends doesn't like me at all, since most of the games I have been to we loose or tie , they reckon I'm unlucky..

WALKING BUYUKADA ISLAND (Prince's Island)

by balhannah

Walking is also a great way to see the Island, but be aware, THERE ARE MANY HILLS!
Also, watch out for the Faytons and the Bicycles, at least they have bells they ring if you are in the way!

A lot of Buyukada is full of wooden mansions dating back to late 19th to early 20th century. Architecture ranges from Greek, Italian and French mansions bearing traces of the classical Ottoman, Baltic, Mediterranean, Hellenistic and Art Nouveau styles to Maltese, Russian and Ottoman buildings.

The owners who had these mansions built, each more elaborate than the last, also had exotic vegetation cultivated in their gardens. The ones on the western side (right side when looking out of quay) seem the most splendid, absolutely beautiful!
You need to walk about about 15 min away from the quay to start seeing them. Some have been beautifully restored, and others are in bad repair.

The nicest of the fifty mansions, each more elegant than the last, can be seen along Cankaya Caddesi.

Its a really delightful island to wander around and enjoy!

A good alternative to the Grand Bazaar

by midnight_mike about Arasta Bazaar

The Arasta Bazaar is a long gallery of shops in the Sultanahmet district, just east of the Blue Mosque. The property is owned by the Blue Mosque, with the rents from the stores going toward its upkeep. The shops sell carpets, jewelry, water pipes, backgammon games and much more. Unlike the Grand Bazaar, you will not buy an item for 25-percent of the price you were originally quoted. On the other hand, prices are not marked up as high. Shop keepers are also not as pushy as they are in the Grand Bazaar. Carpets, jewelry, backgammon games, water pipes, scarves, pillows, etc.

Comments