White House Hotel Istanbul

Alemdar mahallesi Catalcesme sokak no:21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, 34110, Turkey
White House Hotel Istanbul
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about White House Hotel Istanbul

Best lacation you could have in Istanbul with a great service

by TripAdvisor Member Sandra_Switzerland

The Hotel is new. It's small, very family-like, but you have everything you need.. The hotel room was very comfortable. The breakfast had a nice variety and was fulfilling. The wonderful and friendly staff at the White House absolutely adds to a pleasant stay here. The people are all friendly and helpful and they speak english! :-) Definitely enjoyable stay and good value for money!
The location is simply fantastic: just 2 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia or from the main tram station which brings you driectly to the new shopping district of Taksim.

Excellent place to stay in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member lev_canada

I stayed at the White House Hotel 3 times during my whole stay in Turkey. When I first arrived in Istanbul the hotel arranged a very good shuttle service for us. And when we got to the hotel, there was a very hospitable staff consisting of Mr. Haroon (manager), Elif (receptionist), and Omer (bellboy) and Turkish delights with juice waiting for us. Most importantly for me the rooms, especially the bathrooms, were very clean. And to top it all, the location is excellent. Your within a 2-3 min. walk maximum from the Sultanahment (Blue) Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Firoz Aga Camii, the tram. After we left Istanbul to go to Kusadasi, we had to cut our trip short in Kusadasi and return back to Istanbul. We called Mr. Haroon on the 30th Dec and even though we did not have any reservation and it was New Year Eve time, he still accommodated us. So the first time we stayed 4 days and then we stayed an additional 4 days when we got back. And after our stay in Cappadocia we stayed again at White House before coming back to Canada. All 3 times, the stay was very wonderful. Breakfast was really good, and Omer was very helpful especially with carrying out all our requests. Also whenever we needed something like a butter knife or something, the hotel would send it up within minutes. Also the hotel stored our luggage 2 times while we were out of Istanbul. The whole staff which includes Mr. Haroon, the manager, Elif, the daytime receptionist, Cafer (pronounced Jaffer), the nighttime receptionist, Omer, daytime bellboy, and there's a nighttime bellboy as well but I can't remember his name was VERY helpful. And as I said before, cleanliness is the most important factor, and this hotel is very clean. Also the rooms are quite big in comparison to the other hotels with the same rates. I would recommend this as the best place to stay in Istanbul, and whenever I go back, I'm staying at this hotel.

Best place to stay in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member turkey_traveller22

This hotel is more like a 5 star hotel because of service, cleanliness and staff.

I stayed in this hotel 3 different times for a total of 9 days. The hotel is very new and its very beautifully decorated. The many aspects that make this hotel the best place to stay in istanbul are:

Staff: The whole staff is extremely welcoming, helpful and delight, from Mr. Haroon (the owner) to Elif and Jafer (the receptionists) to Omer (who always welcomes you at breakfast and makes excellent coffee). Its easy to converse because they all speak english.

Location: This hotel is in walking distance to all major attractions in istanbul, from Aya Sofia, to Blue mosque to Topkapi to grand/spice bazaar to lots of great eating places. You can visit almost all of istanbul by walking if you stay in this hotel.

Cleanliness: I found the hotel to be very clean from rooms to bathrooms to lobby to restaurant throughout my stay. More than just being clean, everything in this hotel is very well kept and ordered.

Comfort: The hotel has a very warm and comfortable feeling. I am quite a homesick person but whenever I stayed in this hotel, I didnt miss home too much.

Frills: I think some of the small things in this hotel really help make your stay delightful. For example, the turkish delights and welcome drink that they offer to the slippers in the rooms.

Its sooo New: I think this should be the biggest factor (combined with all others mentioned above) that ANYONE visiting turkey should stay in this hotel. Everything in this hotel is so new and untouched. This hotel is as great and clean exactly as it looks in the pictures. There may be other hotels that are great but they are quite rundown and used.

All rooms in this hotel are very spacious and big equpped with television, mini bar and tea. The internet is actually high speed and all other facilities reported work perfectly. This hotel offers the best value for its money. If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay here again.

Awesome Hotel with Amazing Location

by TripAdvisor Member Saqaw

This is an awesome hotel, seriously. It is extremely clean place, very spacious, great staff, great food, and amazing location. The hotel was never dirty for the time we were there. We were in a three person room and it was extremely big room, bigger than any we stayed in on our vacation. The staff was very very good. The manager Mr. Haroon is great and very helpful, Elif and Cafer (pronounced Jaffer) are always there with a smile and amiable. Last but not least there was Omar who was always there to help us with anything and everything. Because of all of these great people, we felt like we were always at home and geniunely missed them when we went forward on the journey. We especially miss Omar's morning coffee! The best part about the Hotel was its location. Its right next to everything, Sultanahmet Camii (known as Blue Mosque) is 2 mins away, Hagia Sophia is even shorter distance, Topkapi Palace is 3 mins away, Basilica Cistern is 1 min away, and the tram station (Sultanahmet station) is 1 min away. There is nothing which the hotel does not have and I would highly recommend it.

Great value hotel in excellent location with lovely staff

by TripAdvisor Member MarkWoodman2

The White House is a new hotel in a great location, just 5 minute walks to all the major sites of Sultanamet. The rooms are brand new with excellent showers and the wireless was reliable and actually worked in my room. The breakfast was very nice, but above all the staff were very friendly and helpful. In short, a really nice, new hotel with great facilities and excellent staff. Also, great value! Don't hesitate to book.

pleasant experience

by TripAdvisor Member madihome

I stayed in the hotel for three days and really enjoyed it. The staff was very wellcoming and helpful. On arrival they treated us with some traditional turkish delights and a glass of juice. As we lived in the hotel for more than 3 nights they provided us with the free of charge transfer sevice, which was very nice. The hotel is absolutely knew so it is clean, the room and bathroom are spacious and comfortable. The location is very convenient as it is very close to all "classical" tourists' attractions. My friend and i really liked our staying there.

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

by TripAdvisor Member INTTRAVELLER2010

The white House Hotel, as I mentioned is really a home away from home, On our arrival we were greeted with big smile which made us feel welcoming. We were served tradtional Turkish delight and glass of juice. Located in the heart of Sutanahmet.
All major tourist attractions, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia,Topkapi Palace and the under ground water system(Bacilica Cistern) are within 2 - 3 minutes walking distance. City's Tramway is at couple of minutes away. Mr. Haroon (Hotel Manager) Cafer (Jaffer), Elif and other staff members were very friendly and helpful and speaks fluent English.
The room was spacious, clean and spotless. The interior decor had a touch of Ottoman architecture and design which looks very classy.
Complementory Traditional Turkish break-fast had wide variety of fresh fuites and many other items. It was really amemorable and pleasant stay here.

Super central

by TripAdvisor Member mikilgenio

Super central hotel, extra new with friendly staff.
Just a little bit noisy in the morning: it's in a commercial alley.
No major drawbacks and it is really within 100 walking mt from Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque and the Roman Cistern.

There's not a better hotel in Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member notishorty

This is about the nicest hotel we have stayed at in Europe. The staff went out of their way to help us. The location is perfect, we walked to every single attraction. The rooms were impeccable. The breakfast was wonderful. Our transfer (one way is free) was seamless. If you are going to Istanbul, look no further, this is your place.

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member telford4

one of the best and friendly hotels that i have stayed in turkey, the staff are friendly and very help full, and speak good english, the hotel is situated in the centre of the sightseeing area and very easy walking, and the metro/tram system is brilliant and taxim square is a must visit, puts london to shame?? we are planing to return to the white house hotel in april to finish our amazing tour, and future holidays/stay at this hotel, the rooms are like 5star and very impressive for the price.

• Apr 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I have a reservation to stay at the White House Hotel in Istanbul for next month. After reading all of these great reviews I am even more excited about our up coming visit!!