Yasmak Sultan Hotel Istanbul

Ebusuud Caddesi No.18-20, Sirkeci, Istanbul, 34410, Turkey

Yasmak Sultan Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Location! Location! Location!!

Our family stayed at this hotel in late August 2006. We were there for 5 days. The staff was great. They picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. We had Turkish tea on arrival, which really made our impressions of Turkey positive!! The breakfast, which is included, every morning was fantastic...awesome, scenic views, as it served on the roof deck overlooking the city. The restaurant recommendation for dinner they had given..owner is Kebir...was very good. Fresh fruit in the lobby is great. The dinner staff on the roof deck was quite accomodating, as we enjoyed some bottles of wine with food late into the night. Also, more importantly, the hotel location is ideal to all the major sites. Definitely if you want to take trip along the Bosphorous river..walk to the river...and look for the sign for Bosphorus Tours...you can negotiate the price to $15 per person for a 3 hour tour. The hotel staff was quite accomodating in pointing us in the right direction. Also, regarding the hotel, I would recommend asking for extra keys, as the AC/lights are activated by putting the key in a slot.

All in all, a very reasonably priced and friendly boutique hotel!!

Unique Quality: Location!!
    Great views of the city!!
    Rooms given the feeling you are in Turkey, but modernized!!

• Ziad84's Profile Photo

Istanbul's Finest 4 Star Hotel

My stay was breif but very memorable the atmosphere this hotel breaths is very cozy and warm.

Unique Quality: Standart Rooms; Direct dial telephone, Bathtub, Minibar, Safety Deposit Box, Color TV with Satellite Channels, Smoke Detectors, Hairdryer and telephone in bathrooms. Airconditioning are decorated to reflect the traditional Turkish architecture.
    Junior Suite's are larger than Standart Rooms, includes all the Standart Room properties and have a special view of St.Sophia.
    Sultan Suite's are larger Junior Suite's, inclusive of private Jakuzzi and have a special view of Topkapi Palace & Bosphorus.

Directions: 300 meters to sirkeci train station. and sirkeci harbour.

• Lalique's Profile Photo

Yasmak Sultan (4*)

Unique Quality: The hotel was built in 1965 so it pretends to be an old respectable and reliable hotel :))) Though looks verrrry nice from the outside.

Directions: Ebussuut Caddesi ¹18-20, Sirkeci, Istanbul; It was literaly next door to our Erboy, so the location itself is pretty good!

More about Yasmak Sultan Hotel Istanbul

Royal treatment at the Yasmak Sultan

by TripAdvisor Member Groupof3

We loved the Sultan. Courteous, helpful and very efficient staff, comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast. Fabulous views from the roof terrace of the Aiya Sophia. Good restaurant and bar facilities. A justly deserved 4* rating. I would recommend visitors to the hotel speak to the Head Receptionist who can arrange almost everything under the Turkish sun...... we did not test him to that extent though. Have dinner a couple of times at the hotel for the view and the muzak. Located 100 yards away from Topkapi Sarai, it is ideal for a city break, with fitness, laundry and office connectivity.

Go on, book it.

Location: Located 24km (15m)...

by viajeromaga

Location: Located 24km (15m) west of central Istanbul. Transfer between terminals: Shuttle buses or cheap taxis transfer passengers between the international and domestic Terminals.

The airport provides three banks, an ATM, three currency exchange offices and a duty-free shop in the Dishatlar (international) Terminal. Post offices are in both the international and the Içhatlar (domestic) Terminals. There are 24 hour restaurants, snack bars, cafés, and bars plus 24 hour shopping. First aid facilities are available. For further enquiries email: oksan.kirogullari@tav.com.tr
Taxis, or a Dolmus (shared taxi), are available from the airport. Havas airport buses run every 30 minutes at peak times and hourly around noon and at night, with a 30-minute journey into town, and public bus line 96 runs into town roughly every hour 0700-1940. : Three tourism agencies in the international Terminal offer 24 hour hotel reservations. Hotels include Best Western Hotel Berr, 15 minutes' taxi ride from the airport, and Holiday Inn, 10km (6m) away (tel: 212 663 6400). Yusufpasa Konagi, Hotel Ambassador, Hotel Spina, Sultanahmet Palace and Hotel Yasmak Sultan offer a free transfer from the airport

just ordinary

by TripAdvisor Member Gobeltraveller

We have travelled over most of Europe and the Yasmak Sultan is the only hotel to charge us to store our luggage. The rooms were small. Will not stay there again. Be aware if you are going to store your luggage.

Husband & Wife (Australia)

Great Location for Old City

by TripAdvisor Member LondonPrincess8

I stayed at the Yasmak Sultan with my mother in March. The location was perfect for the old city, with a tram stop just outside. However we didn't need to use the tram as most sights were within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and I would recommend you use their chatting facility on their website to get any further information you need before travelling. The room was a bit small but it didn't bother us. The bathroom was also a bit small but it had all the necessary requirements. We requested a non-smoking room and were given one. Breakfast was nice and simple and kept to local traditions. The view from the roof terrace was very beautiful with the Hagia Sophia on one side and the Bosphurus River on the other. I would definitly stay at this hotel if I visited again and would recommend to others, mainly for it's location and worth for money.

Fantastic stay...

by TripAdvisor Member hansknapper

We stayed in Yasmak Sultan Hotel in February and although it was only 4 days, Hotel and the city were fantastic. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. And the room we have stayed has a jacuzzi in it :)
This hotel is only about 5 minute walking distance away from all highlights in Istanbul. the hotel was at the center of them so were able to come back to the hotel as often as we wanted (i.e freshen up and then go back ).
The reception clerk has offered me welcome drink at the olive restaurant which has a breathtaking view on the roof. We had the buffet breakfast also at the roof top and it is great to start to day with the view of hagia sophia . There was plenty of things to do at the hotel and at the places close to hotel so special thanks to the reception staff for the perfect guiding.

Overall, I would definately book this hotel again if I visit Istanbul again(certainly i will).

wonderful blend of local decor and modern comfort

by TripAdvisor Member merionvw

We stayed here for a week and can confirm all the good things below. Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Roof top restaurant views amazing and food good (we had dinner once). I think the reviewer below was confused by breakfast because although it is self service the staff are so helpful they get something for you every now and then! Only exception to good food was when 8 friends joined us in the bar one evening and we ordered sandwiches - they were dreadful. Bread was dried up and club sandwich was the worst I have ever eaten - or in fact left! I too stayed in a deluxe room and it seemed the same decor as the others but bigger. I also overlooked the street but although I am a dreadful sleeper I found that with the windows shut and the air conditioning fan on, the noise did not disturb me. Worth it for the view of Aya Sophia. I was on the 5th floor though - my room is the one in their literature with the wonderful chandalier. Really comfy bed. I loved the fact that the decor was turkish throughout but all mod cons. The bar is really cosy. The others in our group staying at another hotel but loved our bar so much they used to visit us every night! Location perfect - walking distance to many major sites. Tea trays in the room. Whole hotel spotlessly clean. But while you are there you must eat at a restaurant called "Sarnic" about a 4 minute walk away in a cobbled street. It is a converted underground cisten with high ceilings and pillars. The whole p[lace is decorated with wrought iron and hundreds and hundreds of candles. The atmosphere is brilliant (there was a live harpist too on the 2 nights we went) and the food and staff excellent. i think the address is sogukcesme sokagi 34122, sultanahmet phone +90 212 512 4291

Emilia's visit to Istanbul

by TripAdvisor Member Yi-Chu

The trip to Istanbul was arranged in a hurry several days before take off. I take a chance of my son’s school break, and then went to the travel agency to confirm the travel details. When arrived to the airport at 28OCT06 was night time, besides the pick up man from the hotel, it was thousands of rain drops coming down from the sky accompanied with us. During the next 7 days, we’ve encountered different weather. Though I’ve return to Venice for a month, those wonderful memories often come to my dreams. Because the hotel we choose to stay has played an important role in our trip, therefore I’d like to share some thoughts to you.
The most important thing to travel abroad of living aspect can be discuss to several reasons. On safety: Each room door has a PC card and an inside lock to ensure that none will open the door from outside without my permission. Windows can be open up or just half open, will not allow the strangers to get into from it. Besides 2 elevators, it has an emergency facilitates and clerks for 24 hours service. I’ve been to the 20 different countries in the past, compare with the one I lived this time in Istanbul, its bathroom has provided a pleasant shower time for me. Even the hot water bathing, the mirror stay very clear instead of foggy, one of the better thing is that I don’t need to wipe the mirror after my shower.
The transportation of the hotel is quite convenience for traveler too. From hotel to the train station will took 2 minutes walk, turn left and go straight will be the most popular street in about 3 minutes. Across the street have many stores around. Some famous international chain store such as MacDonald’s and Burger King were there some traditional Turkish foods and restaurants among them. Walk for 5 minutes further will reach the pier station. From here walk 5 minutes further will be Galata Koprus, while across the bridge can be the new village of Istanbul.
Talk about the warmth about this hotel that I observed is the doorman always wear smile on his face with good manners and friendly attitude. And the counter clerk is warm-heartedness to offer travel information. Besides, I was touched by the hotels carefulness to change the fresh flowers in my bathroom 3 times. Take a look at the photo of my son and the hotel manager, I can see the sincerely of hotel manager’s .It also reminds me of his friendly attitude as if I were stay at my home instead of hotel. Though the hotel was located in downtown, it’s quiet and peaceful in night time. To stay here and feel the romantic atmosphere is a natural thing. First of all, the decoration of furniture with many flowers and mosaic designations together all bring me a sense of harmony and elegance. Secondly, the view is very good no matter day or night. At the night time, the Ayasofa Church took off its serious veils and change to different colors which are reflecting by the lights from the round top and the marble column. Whenever I saw this as if I was dreaming, in fact is right in front of the hotel window. My son and I always expect the breakfast time every morning when wake up. While sitting on the dining table enjoy the wonderful foods, the near far sights of Istanbul all come to my eyes. I walk to the balcony then take a deep breathe to tell myself that to choose a right hotel just like to travel with a pair of old shoes with good quality. It will make my journey comfortable relax and safe. I have made a right decision this time. How is your?

Hotel Yasmak Sultan e-mail address needed

by maryjoang

I have booked a room in Hotel Yasmak Sultan, but have not been able to find the e-mail address for the hotel, so I can ask them a couple questions. Could someone kindly send me the e-mail address? I would appreciate any help I can get!

MSG in Plzen, Czech Republic

by nuritza

I found the webpage, there, you have the contact section.

by venoquine

info@hotelyasmaksultan.com

by maryjoang

Thank you very much!

MSG in Plzen

by neodue

http://www.hotelyasmaksultan.com/ It s near the Topkapi Palace and rigth in to the old city.50mt Hagia Sophia 100mt Basilica cistern and 500mt to Blue Mosque.
Big and modern Hotel with old style facade.
Rooms are very good and new.Used to I was making reservation from this hotel for my customers.It s a very good hotel.It s got a big lobby and stuff is very friendly.have a good time on your trip.
if you want to get more info about my lovely city chek my pages.

by venoquine

Neodue, you're right, yasmak is an excellent hotel, I stayed there sometimes.Just in front of gulhane park.Good choice.

Comments