Ustun Hotel

1361 Sokak No:14, Cankaya, Izmir, Turkey

More about Izmir

Izmir- KordonIzmir- Kordon

Gulf of IzmirGulf of Izmir

a big variety of things to buya big variety of things to buy

Greek sculpturesGreek sculptures

Tour to Ephesus

by Aquino46

Hi,

We are taking a cruise and will be arriving to Izmir at 9:00. We have only until 3:00 pm, and we would love to get to see the house of the Virgin Mary as well as the ancient city of Ephesus. We want to contact a guide to take us from Izmir to Ephesus and back. We are 5 people and would prefer a Spanish-speaking guide if possible.

I've been looking online for sites that offer this service, with no luck.

Thank you for your help.

by ricky52

I think you are going to struggle with this plan.
I am not sure how long it will take to get to Ephesus and back but Ephesus is a huge site and will probably take you 3 hours to do a whistle stop tour of the ruin.

by Aquino46

That's what I thought originally, but the ship offers tours to Ephesus for the passengers, so that's why I changed my mind. We don't want to do the tour with the ship as we often feel they are overpriced, we would much prefer to do our own thing. But if some people from the ship are going to Ephesus, then we really want to find a way for us to get there as well.

by Tdiver

Trip takes about an hour each way so hunt for some travel agents in Izmir and get some prices and try to book before you get there to get that guide. It is true, you won't have too much time, but a smaller party will be quicker and see more than a bigger group. Selcuk town is also a nice stop off before your trip back.
Look here for some

by obzrvr

We are coming into Ephesus by cruise ship as well in May. I think land tours by cruise lines are over priced. A driver/tour guide will be more personal that a large bus tour. We have booked tours with Adelphia Tours. We have 8 people in air conditioned van with our own driver. We wanted an English speaking driver and they were able to accomodate us. They may have Spanish speaking drivers and guides as well.. info@adelphiatours.com
Hope this helps

by Sirvictor

There is a Turkish proverb " The one who takes a Turkish bath sweats" This means that you are taking a first class cruise through Med with a Greek cruise ship and find the otganized tour of the ship expencive.
I advice you to pay the ship's tour because:
1- It takes 25 kms from Kusadasi to Ephesus.
2- another 5 kms to the home of Mary.
3- to many tourist waits there to visit the holy place
4- Waiting will lost you too much time.
5- Better take the ship's tour. You will trip with other ship passengers. In case of delay the ship will wait you.
6- If you go there by your conditions you may miss the ship.

MY NOTA: If I was the minister of Turkish Tourism and Culture I would never let those cruise ships to stay at Kusadasi harbour only 6 hours. It is torture for all passengers.

by Sirvictor

Izmir-Selcuk (Ephesus) 75 km
Selcuk-Ephesus ruins 10 km
Ephesus- Home of Virgin Mary 5 kms
Total 100 kms
Sorry for my mistake I thought that you are arriving at Kusadasi.
Take the organized tour of the ship.

Travel Tips for Izmir

Kordon.. Promenade of Izmir..

by Erkmen

The long attractive palm-fringed promenade, Birinci Kordon (First Kordon), which stretches the entire length of the city up to the Alsancak Ferry Terminal, is a popular spot for evening walks, and there are many cafes along the waterfront.

If you want to talk about izmir, you should know Kordon.. The main vane carrying all the blood of the city.. the wonderful promenade, with walking paths, nice cafes and .... You should see Kordon..

Note: The promenade in the water front is called the First Kordon, and the street which is paralel to it behind the buildings is called the second kordon.

turkish tea

by mindcrime

Everyone in Turkey drinks tea day and night! I met a woman that drinks 10 glasses every day!! After two days I started to drink it too because I liked the small clear glasses that they serve it. I’ve been told that the deep red color of the tea called tavsan kany (rabbit blood!), another funny Turkish name (they like to give funny names for foods, sweets etc).

The Turkish tea is a form of black tea that is produced on the eastern Black Sea coast. In some tourist shops they serve tea to the customers but you have to know that most of the times this is not tea but apple juice! :)

the interior of Kazan home

by Aggeliki

this is a round home, with painted walls by a colourful technique with geometrical forms. Nice carpets with the same techique decorate the floors, and nice traditional household things decorate the room.

adnan menderes airport

by Arkeolog

Airport Transportation:

Adnan Menderes Airport(ADM) is situated approx. 25 km south of Izmir. A train runs from the airport to the centre of Izmir every 60 minutes and the journey takes around 30 minutes. A bus service runs into the city centre every 20 minutes and the journey time is around 35 minutes.

First Center of Izmir

by OzgurEY

Konak is not famous as couple years ago cause of Alsancak and Karsiyaka town but still one of the best touristic places ever in Izmir.You can see the big clock , you can shop a lot and if you a little walk around you will see the oldest houses of Izmir and also a lot of hotel,food and cafe&bar options you can enjoy,and if you get there take also the way goes to town hatay and in the middle of the way you can stop and make beatiful photos of izmir and you will also have a chance to see Mozaik Mosque...

Comments