Boomerang Guesthouse

Ugur mumcu sevgi yolu 1047 sokak, Ataturk mah.1047 sokak.no-10, Selcuk, 35920, Turkey

Boomerang Guesthouse Ephesus
Booking.com Hostelworld.com Priceline.com

• MIkeC92's Profile Photo

The best is never the most expensive

I have stayed in the Boomerang twice, in 2010 and September 2012. I intend to return again in 2013.
    It is easy to find, just across the park from the Bus Station. Very close to a Cash Machine, Ephesus Museum and the centre of Selcuk. I can easily walk to Ephesus at 70 years!

I use the shared dormitory room which is always clean. The shower and toilets are kept clean and are good for Turkey. The beds are clean and comfortable if firm. I always enjoy the free breakfast, served on a charming roof top terrace. The staff are friendly and their understanding of English is good, if basic. They are always helpful and honest, as well as smiling!

I have travelled around Turkey, using long distance coaches, Selcuk feels like a second home, due partly, to the welcome I get at the Boomerang. I heartily recomend it

Unique Quality: Lovely Terrace, Near the bus station and very central. Almost next to the Ephesus Museum.

Directions: From the bus station, cross the main road, cross the small park on the little bridge. Look out for a Cash Machine on the corner. The Boomerang is just up the hill a few metres.

• asolotraveler's Profile Photo

Great Place

After I was met at the Bus station by Tom, the owner/operator, we walked across the parking lot, through the park and up the little hill to the Hostel/Guesthouse. I was immediately impressed by the outside. It looked like a little cottage with grapevines growing all over it. I was taken to my room. Large double bed, tables on each side and over head lights. I had my own bathroom which was neat and clean and plenty of hot water. The breakfast lounge was up two flights of stairs and was nice and open, with two outside terraces. One with a washer and dryer, the other opened out onto the cobblestone street. Free breakfast included eggs, sliced tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, bread, fruit, coffee and tea. There was another very large court yard next door which has a resturant that you can order up dinner. I had the grilled meatballs. Very tasty. The staff is out-going and friendly and willing to help you get around. They will try and temp you into buy one of the tours though. Overall, it was great and I enjoyed myself.

• Great location and great breakfasts!

I stayed at the Boomerang Guest House in June 2008 while I was travelling through Turkey. To get to Selcuk I took the night bus from Istanbul. I booked the Guest House on the internet through the recommendation of a fellow traveller that I had met while in Istanbul. I found the guest house no problem as it is literally just accross the main road from the bus station. It was about 7am when I arrived and straightaway the owner invited me to sit down for berakfast which I did before going to my room to unpack. The breakfast choice was great especially the Boomerang Special! My room was bright and clean. Bed comfortable. At 10am I made use of the Boomerang mini bus and went to Ephesus. There were 5 other guests all going to Ephesus on that day so I met some new fellow travellers and in the evening we cracked open some wine on the terrace.

Unique Quality: Nothing was too much trouble for the owner and his family. They helped me arrange my onward travel and also recommended a cheap restaurant to eat one evening

Directions: From the bus station cross the main road and walk through the park. You will see the Boomerang Guest house in the small street directly infront of you

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Just in front of the bus station!

This guesthouse is very well located is Sel├žuk and they offer a transfer, one way, to Ephesus.
    Due to a dishonest young guy, who sold me a bus ticket with 33% of commission, I advise you do not trust in this hostel, unless you are previous very well informed about fares...

Unique Quality: Many options for breakfast, which is included in the price.
    Rooms have basic, but good conditions.
    VERY HIGH COMMISSONS FOR BUS TICKETS!

Comments