Ataturk Mah., 1016 Sok., No. 19, Selcuk, 35920, Turkey
Hostelworld.com Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Jimmy's Place

Second Visit and Definately not Our Last

by TripAdvisor Member OldArchaeologist

May of 2007 was our second visit to Jimmy’s Place. We had first come across Jimmy’s Place back in May of 2001. While the location had changed, we had enjoyed our stay so much we decided we would try it again. Actually, over the three weeks we travelled, it was the only place that we booked in advance!

While we enjoyed the old location, the new one was just that much nicer. We splurged and reserved one of the luxury rooms. It lived up to our expectations but spoiled us when compared with some of the other smaller but more expensive rooms we encountered elsewhere on our travels. The room was well decorated and very clean with extremely comfortable beds.

Jimmy and his staff were all very attentive and worked hard to make us feel comfortable. From helping us get settled to providing directions to local amenities, there wasn’t anything that Jimmy and the guys wouldn’t do to help.

We are planning return trips to Turkey in the future and when in Selcuk, we will be staying at Jimmy’s!

Friendly and helpfull staff

by TripAdvisor Member Jensine

Nice place. Great location and helpfull staff. Good breakfast buffet. Pool was not open in late may even though they advertise with a pool. Apart from that, this place is a bargain. We saw the new "suites" at only app. 37 Euro, it is luxury at a very reasonably price. It is very quiet and clean. Rooftop is not yet finished, but it is possible to sit and relax up there. The best however is the travel library with lots of info. Not just on travelling, but tons of information on turkish cousine, culture etc.

Liked Jimmy's Place

by TripAdvisor Member Zagora

I spent three nights in Jimmy's Place. It's nicely furnished, just an all-around beautiful and clean place, situated in downtown Selcuk close to the bus station, the Ephesus Museum, and the fortress. Selcuk itself is just three kilometers from Ephesus. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The owner, Jimmy, has traveled around the world and has wide interests which have led to many fascinating experiences. He speaks several languages, including English and Japanese. The prices are moderate, a wonderful value for your money. The buffet breakfast is abundant and very tasty, and the restaurant fare is excellent. I can highly recommend the hotel to travelers to the Ephesus area.

Daniela Deneva

GREAT for the budget traveler

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaKAtlanta

We had two rooms at Hotel Jimmy's Place (a redundant name, for sure) and found them to be spotlessly clean, quiet (except for the call to prayer from the nearby mosque) and adequate for our needs. The rooms were reminiscent of camp, with comfy twin beds, wooden floors, sparse furniture, bizarre garage sale art, but with a wonderful remote control airconditioner - a must! The bathroom could have been better, but again, it was spotless. I rated this hotel Above Average, because, for the price, it was awesome. Great location (can walk to Ephesus from the hotel), absolutely fabulous restaurant in the hotel, nice breakfast on the patio and Jimmy and his sidekick, Mr. G (?), make sure you feel welcome and that you have everything you need. They even drove us to the beach. If you're looking for a Marriott, don't stay here, but if you want simple accommodations with a hostel atmosphere, a reading and travel library and extremely friendly and helpful staff, Hotel Jimmy's Place is for you!!

Great Place!!

by TripAdvisor Member DougVictoria

Jimmy's Place was excellent. I was spotlessly clean and our Deluxe Room was better than many deluxe rooms that I've stayed in. Great bathroom with large soaker tub and shower enclosure. The staff were friendly and helpful and the service was great. Even has a small elevator which is wonderful for the luggage. We happened to have been placed at another hotel in Selcuk, which was far from ideal. We walked in to Jimmy's and they were great, willing to reserve for the next day, forthright and honest. Helped us with whatever we asked about, walked us to a pharmacy on a sunday that was open, took luggage to the bus station. Staff were enjoyable .... as was Jimmy's good sense of humour!

What a great little community ..... being close to Ephasus, Sirence, Kusadasi and of course the Greek Islands. Weather was great and the food excellent and much cheaper than Istanbul. Would definately go back for more that the 5 days we stayed there. Thanks to Jimmy's for making it a better stay.

management will go out of its way...

by TripAdvisor Member vancouvermichael

Despite it's rather non-Turkish name, this is an excellent place to stay for both budget travelers and people used to four and five star accommodation. It occupies an excellent location, in a lovely town from which you can visit Ephesus. They went out of their way to recommend how best to travel, and booked us flights and a tour at excellent prices. Splurge and get the best double room!

Only WISH that I Could Stay Longer!

by TripAdvisor Member swellgurl

As a single female traveling solo around Turkey, I definitely recommend Jimmy's Place to anyone who will be traveling to Ephesus or any other nearby sites. The hotel is a minute or two away by foot from the Selçuk otogar (bus station) and is right around the corner from the very atmospheric and lively Saturday market, which I definitely recommend if you'll be in town then.

The quite reasonably priced rooms are clean wıth air conditioning, toilet, and shower, but the real gem of this hotel (apart from the hotel's nearby free private pool and its travel lıbrary) is its staff. The staff at Jimmy's made my stay here an entirely memorable experience, as they were SO friendly and helpful. Again, I can't recommend Jimmy's Place enough and only wish that I had more time to stay at this gem of a hotel.

Loved the people at Jimmy's

by TripAdvisor Member Aussieholiday

Our family of four (2 adults + 2 children: 18 and 10) stayed at Jimmy’s Place in Selcuk for 3 nights during late June 2007and had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay there. Jimmy has rooms to cater for all walks of life making this one very interesting place but we chose the ‘deluxe’ room. Jimmy has rooms to cater for all walks of life making this one very interesting place but we chose the ‘deluxe’ rooms. I must say though that it was the staff at the place that helped to make this a memorable stop on our lengthy tour of Europe. They were all friendly and most helpful and made time to talk us seeming to be genuinely interested in our family and our holiday experiences. Jimmy also dabbles in carpets and we bought quite a few from his impressive collection. Jimmy’s brother, Adam, runs the tourism side of the business and came in handy organising a private guide for Ephesus, transport to the House of Mary and a great combination of tour with transport to Canakkale. Adams wife, Cheryl from NZ, proved helpful also and it was great to have a friendly female to talk to who knew Turkey as well as our part of the globe. Mr G from the front desk was an interesting and friendly guy as well who shared our Aussie style of humour and was happy to sit and chat to us. I would recommend Jimmy’s Place most strongly to anyone venturing through this part of Turkey.

A home you like to return to at the end of the day.

by TripAdvisor Member 07Boston

When I arrived in Selcuk I was approached by someone about Jimmy's Place. Upon arrival at the hotel all of the staff here were very helpful and even offered me a glass of cold water before I had even decided to stay. The rooms are the standard fare with on exception: very comfortable beds. There are more deluxe rooms available as well. Air conditioning is optional and I have not found it necessary unless you spend time in your room during the day. The staff overall are very friendly and helpful. Within the first day they all knew my name which gives the hotel a sense of home. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone whether you are on a tight budget or have money to spare. The owner Jimmy loves his job and his hotel reflects his passion for people and travel.

Only so so

by TripAdvisor Member Jules053

Having read a number of decent reviews of this place, my family and I decided to try it out. We stayed at 'Jimmy's' for a number of nights in a couple of their deluxe rooms. We were a little bit surprised to find that the room was barely different from the budget rooms apart from the presence of a not terribly tempting bathtub and an old fridge. The Australian manageress was very helpful, but seemed to be rather tired and sholdering most of the burden of running the hotel. The 'intrepid' owner was a unfriendly type, the only time we got a faint smile out of him was when we expressed interest in buying a carpet. He was otherwise pretty discourteous, as was the manager who also ran the travel agency. Most of the services offered by the hotel - trips, carpets, restaurant etc were done better by other providers in the town. We took a look at another couple of hotels in the town and found them to be better.
Selcuk was really well worth visiting. It has a lot going for it! But It's worth turning up and taking a look at several hotels until you fing the one you want. The centre is very small, and once you get past the hustlers at the bus station, it's easy to find your way about.

Me, cnango on an ancient wall at SelcukMe, cnango on an ancient wall at Selcuk

Library of CelsusLibrary of Celsus

Basilica of St. John, SelçukBasilica of St. John, Selçuk

Grand Theatre - EphesusGrand Theatre - Ephesus

Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by rachelhfromusa

Hello,

I will be in Selcuk in August and I'm interested in arranging a day trip for myself and a friend (both in our 20s) from Selcuk to Pamukkale (and back to Pamukkale that night). I am wondering whether any tour companies have a day trip like this that we could book (for Thursday, August 14).

Thanks,
Rachel

Re: Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by June.b

NO response? I hope this ain't late.

Rachel, if you are making Selcuk as your base in exploring Pamukkale - great choice! I would say, you dont have to worry that much about day trips to Pamukkale from Selcuk because most of the hotels, hostels or any accommodations in Selcuk could arrange that for you.

When we were there last year, our accommodations "Urkmez Hotel" - a really budget, affordable and highly recommended place managed by the tandem of Cem & Cucu (pronounced Jem & Juju) arranged for the 3 of us to join in a group in a small bus that leaves Selcuk bus station to Pamukkale at around 9AM and pick us up again from Pamukkale back to Selcuk at about 3PM.

So go ahead, ask your accommodation and/or ask those bus companies in Selcuk bus station because they basically know that and for sure someone there will offer that upon your arrival. Be specific though that you mention that you want to join a group / minibus tour, not a personal tour, and ask the cost immediately, so you're sure that you are joining a group tour.

Costs us about YTL35 as far as I can remember per person, transport back and forth. The advantage is the minibus goes direct to Pamukkale, unlike if you go on your own, you have to figure out everything and there is a connecting transport from Denizli town. I hope that helps. Check out also details of that in my Selcuk and Ephesus pages.

Have fun!