Vardar Family Pension

Vardar Family Pension
Booking.com Hotels.com HostelBookers.com

• June.b's Profile Photo

Friendly budget pension

16sept09 and my second time in selcuk, i am touring my friends in ephesus and the house of virgin mary. i've seen it all before but never hurt to see it again.

i just remember the name of this pension house when we reached selcuk from hostelworld but we don't have a booking so we walked in and we were welcomed by the jolly owner who gave us a 3 bed room on the 4th floor i think, no elevator juz as most pension houses in the small town of selcuk. great location along the main road where ul find many restaurants.

very clean bathroom, small room with clean beds, tv, a terrace fronting the building on the other side. we were served a breakfast downstairs in front of the building by the old folks and we were dropped off by the owner with her car at the gate of ephesus and made our way back.

we paid TL20 each person, and we only stayed a night but we enjoyed our stay.

Unique Quality: very friendly owner

Directions: few walk from selcuk bus depot, about 5 minutes, ask the guys at the small pamukkale bus office at the station, they will point you to the right direction

• Malecka's Profile Photo

simple, comfy and clean

I already expressed my preference of hostels and pensions – I still am not looking for luxury (though I totally doubt I ever will look for any in this lifetime) and the family guest-houses or the pensions are a fantastic choice for accommodation.

Naturally, the very first place I will suggest is VARDAR PENSION, where we stayed.
    The owner of this nice hostel is Seval, who speaks english, dutch, some french and even some japanese. A nice lady, that has a ... not the typical turkish appearance one would expect to see :-)
    She runs the pension together with her mom and dad and her sisters.

What can I say... Vardar pension offers everything we wanted: double bedroom, with private bathroom and air-conditioning, and also a breakfast. All that for 20 euros per night, for the whole room of course. To us it seemed like a totally reasonable price.
    The room and the bathroom were simple, clean, comfortable – in other words just fine. An important aspect of staying a family-run place like that is the communication. Seval and her husband, Andreas (hope that is how you spell his name), who by the way is Dutch, are always there to help you out with any information you need. If you need something from their kitchen, like we needed a huge knife and a big tray for our watermelons, they will give it to you.
    Since we stayed there for two weeks they also did some washing of the clothes when we asked them to.
    There is a very nice terrace at the top of the building, where we enjoyed having a drink and some pistachios at night...
    In a few words, just right for our likings.
    :-)

More about Selcuk

Temple of Apollo, PrieneTemple of Apollo, Priene

Temple of HadrianTemple of Hadrian

Basilica of St. John, SelçukBasilica of St. John, Selçuk

at the breakfast in front of the pensionat the breakfast in front of the pension

Any bus from Pamukkale to Selcuk?

by kellyly

I will go to Selcuk next week
And i can't found any bus (I check Pamukkale Turizm online time table)
Pamukkale -> Selcuk
or Pamukkale -> Denizli -> Selcuk

Another bus company?

Thank you so much!!!

Re: Any bus from Pamukkale to Selcuk?

by graeme83

I didn't stop in Pamukkale, but there are plenty of buses from Denizli to Selcuk - at least one every hour or so. The people selling tickets at the bus stations are generally very helpful and will be able to tell you the quickest way from one destination to the next.

Travel Tips for Selcuk

before going into details...

by Malecka

Ok, first of... just some tips on orientation...
I will start with using the Bus station as a central reference point because it is VERY probable that you will reach Selchuk by either bus or dolmush and in either way end up getting off at the bus station. Two main streets intersect right at the bus station. One is the so-called Ataturk Caddesi (Caddesi pronounced as jadesi, like “j” in “joke”), a boulevard which is in the direction of Izmir. That is, if you are standing at the bus station and facing this boulevard, Izmir would be to your right (about 70 km from Selchuk). The other street is Sahabetin Dede Caddesi (Sha-Hah-Bet-Tin), that takes you to both Ephesus, the beach Pamucak (PAh-MOO-JUG, with a “k” instead of a “g” at the end) and to Kushadasi.

So if you figure that out, everything is quite easy. When you get off the bus and you go to the street closest to you, you end up on Sahabeting Dede Caddesi, you’ll see the ring-road, and that is the direction to Ephesus, Pamucak and Kushadasi. If you cross the Ataturk Boulevard and head straight, in two minutes maybe less) you reach the Tourist Information Office. Maps are given for free and you could use one.
:-)
The neighbourhood “behind” the bus station is actually the “central” part of Selchuk, and the more charming one. Well, depends what you are looking for. In any case, you can find many restaurants there, shops with nice souvenirs, banks and ATM machines (a suggestion, try taking out money instead of exchanging it or if you do go with exchange then do it with smaller amounts as the rate varies a lot, on daily basis). The streets that you will inevitably walk through are: Lienz, Siegburg and Cengiz Topel. On the last one you’ll also find the post office.
Ok, this should be enough as a starters.
I tried making a photo of my map at home and posting it here, but am not sure just how much you can see what it says. It was worth trying.

Camel Wrestling

by denizkizi

While the Spanish have bullfights, the Turks have camel wrestling!! It is famous in the Aegean region. You can only watch it on January or February.

Men mostly go there to drink raki while watching it hehe....

Storks of Selcuk...

by denizkizi

Storks of Selcuk... I like watching them; how they feed their chidren, how they teach how to fly.... It's so much fun! They comes on April and leaves on August. Acuaducts from Byzantine period are the best places for them to live :)

Pamucak Beach

by gezbelle

Pamucak Beach is situated on the Aegean Coast of Turkey. It is 7 km west of Selçuk and 4 km west of Ephesus.

Most of the beach is open to the public, however, there are some big hotel resorts on it's Southern End.

I was at Pamucak Beach near the end of the day. Romantics take note: I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets ever.

It was just relaxing to walk along the beach and look at the beautiful view.

Can easily get a taxi or a dolmus to Pamucak Beach.

Getting out

by June.b

There are minibuses that will take you to and from nearby places.

You could take the minibus from the small Otogar of Selcuk to Izmir, leaves every 30 minutes. And from the huge bus terminal of Izmir, you could go to most cities and towns in Turkey. There are hundreds and hundreds of huge, large and smaller buses in Izmir terminal.

Comments