Vardar Family Pension

June.b's Profile Photo

Friendly budget pension

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2009

16sept09 and my second time in selcuk, i am touring my friends in ephesus and the house of virgin mary. i've seen it all before but never hurt to see it again.

i just remember the name of this pension house when we reached selcuk from hostelworld but we don't have a booking so we walked in and we were welcomed by the jolly owner who gave us a 3 bed room on the 4th floor i think, no elevator juz as most pension houses in the small town of selcuk. great location along the main road where ul find many restaurants.

very clean bathroom, small room with clean beds, tv, a terrace fronting the building on the other side. we were served a breakfast downstairs in front of the building by the old folks and we were dropped off by the owner with her car at the gate of ephesus and made our way back.

we paid TL20 each person, and we only stayed a night but we enjoyed our stay.

Unique Quality: very friendly owner

Directions: few walk from selcuk bus depot, about 5 minutes, ask the guys at the small pamukkale bus office at the station, they will point you to the right direction

Malecka's Profile Photo

simple, comfy and clean

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2005

I already expressed my preference of hostels and pensions – I still am not looking for luxury (though I totally doubt I ever will look for any in this lifetime) and the family guest-houses or the pensions are a fantastic choice for accommodation.

Naturally, the very first place I will suggest is VARDAR PENSION, where we stayed.
The owner of this nice hostel is Seval, who speaks english, dutch, some french and even some japanese. A nice lady, that has a ... not the typical turkish appearance one would expect to see :-)
She runs the pension together with her mom and dad and her sisters.

What can I say... Vardar pension offers everything we wanted: double bedroom, with private bathroom and air-conditioning, and also a breakfast. All that for 20 euros per night, for the whole room of course. To us it seemed like a totally reasonable price.
The room and the bathroom were simple, clean, comfortable – in other words just fine. An important aspect of staying a family-run place like that is the communication. Seval and her husband, Andreas (hope that is how you spell his name), who by the way is Dutch, are always there to help you out with any information you need. If you need something from their kitchen, like we needed a huge knife and a big tray for our watermelons, they will give it to you.
Since we stayed there for two weeks they also did some washing of the clothes when we asked them to.
There is a very nice terrace at the top of the building, where we enjoyed having a drink and some pistachios at night...
In a few words, just right for our likings.
:-)

Nearby Vardar Family Pension

6 Photos of Vardar Family Pension

View Professional Photos

Selcuk Travel Forum

Need advice about Selcuk, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Selcuk and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Selcuk hotel reviews