A friend and I are arriving this Saturday around 9 AM in Istanbul. We are both 21 years old and are male. We will have 9 days in Turkey. We want to go to Selcuk and see the ruins at Ephesus. We were thinking of renting a car immediately when we arrive and driving down. Would you guys recommend this? We like the appeal of the adventure that driving poses. However, we cannot find any driving directions. Is it pretty simple, or could someone provide us with a link to or provide us with some directions? Thanks!
i dont recomment because you will be tired,and it takes more time then expected
i know because last august we were on same route with 3 friends
you can find some comments and links at this forum page.
have nice trip
Better travel with bus to Selcuk from Istanbul by bus. It only costs you between 30.-to 50.- New TL. the prices differ from bus agency to other. the busses are good. express ones are expenciver. the cheaper ones stay at every town.there are day busses. With travelling day busus you can see the beautiful panaroma. By night bus you can sllep at bus and arrive to Selcuk at 10 o'clocks in the morning. In selcuk you can hire a car and visit every corner. ıt is cheaper for you.Around selcuk there are many many historical cites like milet, didim,kusadasi. Lake Bafa.Have a nice travel.smiling may you came and smiling may you go.
Man, it's so simple and nice !
I had that trip 10 days ago. See what we did :
1. Leave Istanbul and head to Murefte, Canakkale. In Murefte you can visit DOLUCA, the best winery in Turkey.
2. Then go to Gelibolu (Gallipoli) and visit those war sites. The main memorial is breathtaking. Stay at Canakkale that night. There are many hotels there. One is Kolin Hotel.
3. Next day on your way to Selcuk you will have a surprise called TROIA !!! Say the horse hello from me. I( I was riding him 12 days ago :-)
4. Then go to Ephesus. It is not beautiful or attractive or nice or whatever but simply MAJESTIC and MAGNIFICANT.
5. Is it over ? No ! 9 km away from Ephesus you will find the house Virgin Mary lived close to the end of her life. It is a religious site and is simply wonderful.
As u see it is more than simple, it is beautiful and FUN !!!!! Within 2-3 days you will visit places that you will NEVER FORGET in your life.
The roads are in good condition and with a standard road map, you will have absolutely no problems. Sometimes you will need to ask q's and this should not be a problem.
Note : If u go to Gelibolu, take the car ferry at KILITBAHIR to cross Canakkale.
Bogazkent Mevki, Kepez
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Bogazkent Mevki, Kepez, 17100, TR