Konya Hotels

Our Members Say

• June.b profile photo June.b
  • Reviews: 1360

Otel Cinar: Very nice budget family-run hotel

I don't have a hotel reservation in Konya and I was wet from the rain and tired walking from Meram district to the Mevlana Museum area, good thing one teen girl walked with me and showed me the way to the museum area. I was looking for a budget hotel and I've read a rather expensive places in Konya online so I was surprised to find this hotel. The first one I saw was an old building also near the museum so I did not bother and I walked to this small striking red building with a "otel" sign which is beside the mosque and the museum.

Went in and found an older man who immediately checked me in and told me that the rate was 30, I thought euro but alas it was in turkish lira, so I thought it was really cheap.

I did not see anyone in the hotel apart from the lady and a small girl who is cleaning the room that I was requesting - one facing the mevlana museum right at the corner of the hotel - as I was initially being offered a room facing the small alley but with a partial view of the main street.

The room I got was really nice, windows on both sides, very clean shower/toilet and the room albeit small is neat with 2 small beds. It was very comfortable.

Maybe the only setback is that the room doesn't have cabinets, only hooks for towel and pants/shirts. But for a couple of nights stay in Konya, I don't really need a cabinet, maybe for those staying longer that would be a problem, though maybe they have rooms with such(?) I did not ask.

TV all turkish channels though, hot shower, and wifi.

It's a family run small 2-storey hotel. Location is really great, mevlana museum entrance is just around the corner and so are most of the sights, restaurants, grocers, supermarkets, shopping mall, they are all within walking distance. Even the Aladdin Tepesi (garden) is walkable from the hotel. Minibuses run along the road of the hotel.

The lady and girl who clean the rooms (daughters maybe of the old folk at the reception) are smiling always - maybe because they can't communicate in english but still there's that touch of making you feel at ease. And the other guy whom I forgot the name really (I'm bad with remembering names) is very helpful with directions with his limited english. He was always there every morning asking if he could be of help.

At TL30 (no breakfast though), Otel Cinar (pronounced Chinar) is an excellent budget hotel right at the center of everything in Konya.

Budget, clean and friendly hotel

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written July 11, 2011

nice room

• aj03 profile photo aj03
  • Reviews: 27

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Baykara Otel: Walking distance to Mevlana

Our friend recommended this hotel. Not so much great about but I am happy to stay there. It is walking distance to old city of Konya and to Mevlana Mausoleum. It costs 100 YTL double room include breakfast for two. They clean the room everyday and clean bathroom. The great thing about this simple small hotel is their reliable wireless connection at the lobby. Nice surprise.

wi-fi

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 10, 2008

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hotel Mavi Kösk

Mavi Kösk is on a side street of Mevlana Caddesi, close to the Mevlana Museum. I had a very nice view over the museum and Selimiye Mosque from my window.

I paid 20 000 000 TL (July 2003) for a room with bathroom and TV. Breakfast is included in the price. They wanted to serve the breakfast in the room but I asked to have it downstairs, didn't want to sit alone in my room.
There are also cheaper rooms with shared bath for
12 000 000 TL.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 11, 2007

View from my window

• Digi profile photo Digi
  • Reviews: 94

Otel Mevlana: Small Hotel near Rumi's Tomb

We arrived in Konya without any hotel booked in advance. So upon arriving, we headed towards the tomb of Rumi, and walked around aimlessly looking at various hotels. We saw a sign for Otel Mevlana two blocks from the tomb, and had a look. The owner first showed us a rather dilapidated building that we didn't like, and we began to leave. Then he showed us a newer portion, and we decided to stay. The hotel was basically empty, but the hotel was nice and clean, the people there were very helpful, and they provided breakfast. The location was excellent as well.

The workers at the hotel were very kind, despite only the owner knowing English, he sent one of them with us to find certain stores.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written February 14, 2006

A view of our room

• chrisvandenbroucke profile photo chrisvandenbroucke
  • Reviews: 1149

Hotel Petek: Very good and cheap

Very small entrance; If you don't look out, you'll miss it
Reception on the first floor.
Doubles and triples. We had one of each and paid 40 mil TL ( 27 euro) for the five beds
Nice rooms, each with private bathrooms

Breakfast on the 3rd floor - nice view on the many mosques

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 9, 2004

• SueRivet profile photo SueRivet
  • Reviews: 201
I stayed at a hotel directly...

I stayed at a hotel directly across the roundabout from Rumi's tomb and the museum. At the earliest hour, I was awakened by the first Moslem call to prayer for the day, broadcast over a loudspeaker just outside my window. I scrambled out of bed to rev up my camcorder to record the moment.

Oh Beloved,
take me.
Liberate my soul.
Fill me with your love and
release me from the two worlds.
If I set my heart on anything but you
let fire burn me from inside.

Oh Beloved,