Small World Hotel

Haci Ahmetler Mevikii Kizilagac Sok. 13, Yalisi, Bitez, 48410, Turkey

More about Bitez

Can I tempt you ?Can I tempt you ?

Sizzling lamb kebabsSizzling lamb kebabs

real fishing boatsreal fishing boats

Dancing with the turkish girlsDancing with the turkish girls

Haggling down the price of goods

by christine641960

Hi

I am off to Bitez at the beginnig of may and have been told that you haggle the price down to a third of the asking price when buying goods, though someone else told me this only happens in Tunisia/Egypt - is that correct? I don't want to offend either way.

Also what can I expect of the weather as its really mixed reviews.

AND the last question posted regarding driving worried me a little. I am disabled and it is easier for us to hire a car and get around than be pushed to theback of the queue to get on coach toars (as well as liking our own privacy and our own agenda). We are used to drinving in Greece, France and Spain. Is is just that the road customs are not adhered too or are there other issues to worry about. We will only be driving aat the most 2-2.5 hrs either way from Bitez.

Thanks for you help.
Christine

Report Advertising or Inappropriate Posting

Re: Haggling down the price of goods

by Alikatt

You can certainly haggle but up to a point and generally the merchants also have limits. You may get 10-50% off the price in open bazaars and also in the Grand Bazaar but you must be prepared to talk the talk, keep an open mind, humor them and be humored in return and often, pay in cash. It also depends on the goods you are buying, how many of them you're purchasing and the store owner's policy. If the owner is present, you can talk to him/her directly and quote your best offer. I bought a necklace/bracelet set a few years ago in one of she shops in Kapali Carsi (Grand Bazaar) and after much haggling, (a couple of hours at least)I paid half of the original quoted price. I was burned out in the end but I was happy! It's a beautiful set in 18K gold and precious stones.

Good luck.

Travel Tips for Bitez

Free Taxis !

by Ekaterinburg

Yes, you read correctly, free taxi service is quite a normal feature of life in the Bitez- Gumbet -Bodrum area. We first discovered this when we went to the AnaLivia restaurant in Gumbet and a waiter rushed out and paid our taxi fare. They do this for everyone is the area who arrives by taxi. I subsequently discovered that most of the restaurants in Bitez offer a free shuttle service as well.

So if you are in Bitez and want to eat in Gumbet or vice versa, don't forget to check out if the restaurant you're planning on going to offers this service. Some of the Hamams ( Turkish Baths )and other visitor attraction also do free taxis.

Life is made very easy for the visitor to Turkey. I wonder would that idea ever catch on here ? Don't think so, somehow.

RIGHT BY THE SEA

by whitecliff62 about ANTONIO'S RESTAURANT

Antonio's is a lovely little restaurant just off the beach and just around the corner from the mosque, they cook traditional dishes as well as pizzas, steaks and seafood. The staff are very helpfull and they hold evening entertainment every night. But i thought the bloke on the door was a bit pushy to get you inside the restaurant The menu was quite large and i picked the peppered steak, which wasn't bad, but very small

Comments