Bahcelievler Mevkii, Turgutreis, Mugla, 48400, Turkey

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ALANinWORCS69's Profile Photo

An Aegean Dream - Turgetreis

Stayed at the Aegean Dream Resort in July 2006.... And truly an Aegean Dream!!! Great facilities including 3 outdoor pools and an indoor pool as part of the Mandala Spa facilities. The resort boasts 4 restaurants; main Buffet, Italian, Turkish and Fish.
    Rooms vary, ours was a part sea view (slightly obstructed)... some rooms (4 that I know of)were small and a couple of guests I spoke to who were initially allocated these rooms requested to be moved (no problem with this). The top end rooms/suites are sea and sunset view with hot-tubs on the balconies. I took a look at one of these and they're fantastic!!!
    Walkable to Turgetries town (10-15mins), loads of activities (if you want it), excellent food and a very good spa... Mandala Spa. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to experience a 4-5 * Turkish beach holiday.

Unique Quality: Mandala Spa - A great Spa facility, very helpful and friendly staff who just love to "negotiate" a package for you. Lisa and I had a great package - Sports Massage, Turkish Massage, Thai massage and Aromatherapy massage... all for around £220!!! What a bargain!!! Totally relaxed after a week here too...
    What stole it for me was the Jetties/Piers... a gentle Aegean breeze, comfortable sun-beds, drinks dispensers "on tap" and a sunset to die for!!! Pure Bliss.

Directions: 10-15 mins(walk) north of Turgetreis centre. Adjacent to the beach.

More about Aegean Dream Resort

Aegean Dream -----5* Resort? - not really!

by TripAdvisor Member leeandanna

We've just returned yesterday from Aegean Dream Resort and overall we had a good time, but having stayed in other 5* hotels around the world we would rate this as more of a 3*+ or 4*. Unlike some other reviewers, we thought the food was very good, always hot, good selection and a plentiful supply at all times. |For those who wanted more "English" food there were always pizzas, burgers,chips etc served in the beachfront snack bar.
The entertainment was excellent and the hotel facilities were good too, ALL watersport was inclusive, even waterskiing - something that we've found to be quite unusual.
Our room itself was fine although a few things let it down - balcony furniture was dirty, our modern "wall mounted" toilet was resting on a block of wood and although soap/shampoo dispensers were provided they ran out 3 days before we came home and were never refilled - even when I took them off the wall and left them in the wash basin as a hint for the cleaner!!
The hotel also operates an electronic key system, you have an entry card for your room door which then goes in a wall mounted slot to give you electricity. This was very tempramental and locked us out on 2 occasions (one after a late night session at the bar) so a trip to reception is in order to get the card re-coded. Also, there was definately an art to getting the card positoned properly in order to get electricity (getting the lights on after a late night bar session was always fun!).
We found most staff to be friendly and helpful and our Thomson rep (Hannah) was one of the best ever.
Overall, we'd go back to the hotel if we could go back at the very cheap price that we got this trip for!

Not Exactly 5 Star

by TripAdvisor Member JaneyOrme

My husband and I have just returned from the Aegean Dream Resort Hotel and, whilst we had a lovely time, I wouldn't class the hotel as 5*, more of a 3/4*. We upgraded to a sea view room with a jacuzzi and it was in need of a little t&c, everything appeared a little worn. The maid did come in every day but on most days only changed the linen and towels. The food is okay if you like experimenting! It was a little bland and most main courses were cooked in a sauce. We found the best thing to do was eat breakfast, ask for a packed lunch (then you can go sightseeing etc) and then make the most of your evening meal. The pool bar is great in the evening, the resident band are great but the music does get a bit repetitive after 2 weeks. The staff were wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful.

not for small children

by TripAdvisor Member luanamija

we just returned from Aegean Dream Resort and in our opinion it was not really a dream. The hotel is ok but is far away from 5 stars. I mailed one of the managers to ask for a quiet room because we traveled with our 2,6 years old daugther and we got a room facing the entertainment amphitheatre so we had to change it and got a really small room. The cleaning service is not ok, in 7 days they did.t clean the room twice, the minibar had 2 juices and water. The food was the same for all 7 days, you could find the same salads and cheese in the morning, midday and evening so we really questioned the freshness. It was no food prepared for children so i had to go to the market to buy some because all the spicy food was not ok for small kids. The fruits were poor, only plums.apples.pears and mellons, no bananas, peaches, nectarines in a country that exportorts this fruits so once again we had to buy them because this are the fruits children eat. We tried the a la carte italian restaurant but it wasn,t a la carte because you couldn,t order, you got preestablished food. Our friends got a beautiful room with seaview but it was below a reastaurant and the personnel arranged the chairs and tables until 2 o clock in the morning so they couldn,t sleep because of the noise. The waterslides work with programm;10.30-12.30 and 2.30-4.30pm exactly in the naptime of the children. In the vitabar there never was fresh juice. We traveled a lot in 5 stars hotels and this hotel in our oppinion can,t receive more than 3 stars for serveces and food. For an all inclusive hotel we felt they bought the cheapest food and had the cheapers serveces ever experienced in our holidays. For excellent all inclusive hotels go in Antalia

Not a 5 star resort

by TripAdvisor Member primavara

We were accommodated in this hotel for 3 nights on September. The room is nice, well equipped ; ours had a garden view with a comfortable balcony. The bathroom is not ergonomic as has no good use of space. I would rather say that the room was not spotless but ok. The food is more than enough with plenty of lacto-vegetarian stuff. Not too many types of fruits, but it is so much good food that I never get the chance to try fruits. Animation team does its best (and succeeds) in keeping people entertained. A la carte restaurants are not what they claim to be, but fixed menu restaurants. The area around the pool is crowded. Everybody in this hotel does his best to make you fell well served. I would not return here, but at the same time I am not sorry for experiencing Aegean Dream.

Best Two Weeks Of My Life..

by TripAdvisor Member Rhea..Wheawell

Well i think this hotel is the best. I enjoyed every mineut of it. The pools, the disc, and im a fussy eater but i didnt go hungrey at all.
Its great for families and you meet the most amazing people for all over the world. If you want a good time, deffinatly go to aegean dreams.

Not exactly a 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member tsmiggy

Having just returned from my first ever all inclusive.I have mixed feelings,certain things about this hotel were indeed very very good,but certain things were not so good.I would not really class myself as a fussy person,but when it comes to food,if its meant to be hot,then hot it should be.The food was the biggest let down,not once did i ever have hot food.The quality was ok,but never 5 star quality.The plates were also cold on many occasions.I would of prefered maybe yoghurts,or more variety of fruit,as a substiute for endless amounts of cakes.I am not usually one to have a big breakfast,but if a wanted a full english,i was expected to pay £5.99 for that privelage.All in all the food was a big letdown.The hotel also boasted a free mini bar,again this was a little disapointing,the bar consisted of 1 litre of water,and 2 small fruit juices.It would be unfair not to say that the rest of the hotel offered a enjoyable holiday,maybe the staff could of forced a odd smile or two.The quality and cleaniness of the hotel was excellent,and lots to do.If only a little more attention was paid to the food,then this hotel would be unbeatable.

okay if you are a german

by TripAdvisor Member welleroo

We have just returned from this hotel and it is not half as good as we thought it would be. We stayed with our nine year old and our two year old and although our nine year old really enjoyed herself it was a let down for us. Firstly myself and my husband had very bad tummy problems and it was from all the recycled food ie whatever was left over from dinner one night would magically re-appear the next day disguised as a different dish !!!! We could not even play safe and have salad as it was all covered in pickles and other sauces. I would not reccommend going in september either as everything had shut down for the season.
Also beware of false advertising the brochure say's free turkish bath it is not free at all I had to pay 40 lira for the priveledge and again several things had closed for the end of the season (why not do this when all tourists have gone home ??) On the plus side the entertainment was good and the kids rep Emma was really good .

Starving For A Fortnight!

by TripAdvisor Member suzypiglet

Hi there!

Totally agree with review below. The food was awfull. (incidentally - i think we were there at the same time as this family! if it is you - hiya Gracie!)

The food was constantly recycled, luke warm, and mostly inedible. even the alacarte was rubbish. all pre prepared, no choices, you just sat down & your food was put in front of you.

this hotel would be ok if you were German! they ate,drank and were merry! nice location, nice facilities, great rooms, lovely staff. but be prepared to eat out.

We had tummy upsets as the family below from brighton did (have you seen Pete yet simon?) ha ha ha!

I felt sorry for them with 2 kids. It was easier for us to head into the village to eat.

Would not return, but it was nice & we made the best of it, its certainly not 5*.

incidentally, its the Glasgow couple here!

Turgutreis- Bodrum

by ALANinWORCS69

"Turgutreis - An Aegean Dream"

This travel page covers the resort of Turgetreis (Not listed as a destination on VT, Bodrum is only 10 miles away).
Turgutreis lies on the Aegean Coast, southwest Turkey. It's actually on the Bodrum penisula, just a short drive from Bodrum centre. It's named after a famous Turkish Ottoman seaman... Admiral Turgut REÝS. It has only recently changed to this name (1972), before it was called "Karatoprak".
The nearest airport is Bodrum Airport (Bodrum Hava Limani), a regional airport mainly used by European Charter Airlines (We flew with Thomas Cook Airlines from Birmingham, UK).
Turgutreis faces west and the Sunsets here are "To die for". A calm Aegean Sea, 14 or so nearby Islands dotted along the horizon (including the Greek Island of Kos) and a gentle westerly breeze... paradise. The view at sunset is worth the trip alone!!!
Anyway, a picture speaks a thousand words, so rather me ramble on with facts and figures go take a look at some of my pics... and you'll see why I just loved this place.

If you do want the facts an excellent website is turgutreis.info here you'll find and abundance of information... go look!!!

"Sunset From Aegean Dream Resort"

Sat at the Bar, overlooking the Aegean... Beer in in hand... Sunsets like this just make everything worth it

"WHAT'S HOT... WHAT'S NOT..."

HOT...
Sunsets
The Aegean Sea... well warm!!!
The Locals... very friendly.
The Euro

NOT...
Well... nothing really!!!
Ok, some of the market traders are over friendly.
And, The New Turkish Lira

please help us

by Sophieg33

hi i am planning on going to turgutreis for two weeks with my mum and dad and friend. We were planning on staying at the Aegean Dream Resort hotel. My freind and i are both 17 and we were wondering:

And is there many beach shops and mini supermarkets near the hotel?

thanks i hope someone can help me!!

RE: please help us

by traveloturc

Hi Sophie
these are the replies of your questions
If there is many bars and clubs near the hotel or are they all situated in turgutreis? Not too many specially if you intend to visit in the winter.
If we went to Bodrum for the night would we have to get a taxi back if we were planning on staying until the early hours of the morning? No doubt you can find taxis any time and you can also check about the departure time for minibusses
And is there many beach shops and mini supermarkets near the hotel?
I dont know where is situated your hotel but definitely there are shops and supermarkets in Turgut Reis.
good luck