Guvercin Sokak, No.2, Akcabuk Mvk, Kumbahce Mah, Bodrum, 48400, Turkey

More about Aegean Gate Hotel

A Perfect Place

by TripAdvisor Member LoneStarTripTaker

The Aegean Gate is quite simply a great little hotel. Charming recently remodeled rooms, breath taking ocean views from your room, beautiful pool, gorgeous sun deck overlooking the sea, and convenient to the beach and city center. The owners, Gary and Rory, are helpful and friendly. They make the place feel like home instead of a hotel. The best hotel experience of our entire trip. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Bodrum Bliss!

by TripAdvisor Member Aisling12B

It was my first trip alone, and when I arrived in the cool of the evening I was made to feel very welcome by Rory and Gary. I was shown to my elegant room which was spotlessly clean and far bigger then my flat in Edinburgh! I came down stairs to the pool area, which was lit by candles and lanterns and with the sounds of soft music I then joined these wonderful gentlemen for a glass of wine....or four!
After a peaceful nights sleep under crisp cotton and cool air, I awoke to an incredible view of the Aegean Sea, with Islands and boats and of course warm sunshine.
Every morning freshy prepared breakfast and served in style.
The hotel was perfect, with fantastic hosts who were full of information and advice. It had little private nooks for my daily yoga practice or sunbathing or swimming, all within safe, peaceful surroundings. In contrast a 15 minute stroll along the marina took me into the hustle and bustle of Bodrum.
I felt very safe and extremely well looked after, they even cleaned my sunglasses for me!!!
An absolutely wonderful experience!

Fantastıc place to stay in Bodrum

by TripAdvisor Member waynemegan

Thıs ıs the perfect place for a relaxıng stay ın Bodrum. My husband and I chose Aegean Gate due to the revıews on Trıpadvısor and all revıews were spot on. Excellent frıendly servıce from Gary and Rory (thanks guys!), clean sımple rooms wıth wonderful vıews, lovely pool and garden area for peaceful and prıvate relaxatıon. Nothıng was lackıng and we would stay here agaın ın a flash. Check out theır websıte and note the ınstructıons on how to get to the hotel as our taxı drıver got a bıt confused when comıng from the aırport.
It ıs a small hotel wıth only 6 suıtes or apartments so you wıll have personalızed servıce and lots of space and quıet. It's great to be a 10 to 15 mın walk from Bodrum central as at nıght ıt can be ıncredıbly noısy wıth nıghtclub musıc etc but not up at Aegean Gate - ınstead you get lovely vıews, a great coolıng breeze and the perfect quıet holıday place.
Our hosts arranged for dınner at Kafedakı restaurant (the restaurant provıdes free pıck up and drop off, very handy ıf you don't have a car) and the vıew from the restaurant ıs excellent as ıs the food. We loved ıt so much we went twıce durıng our stay, and got a prıme table at the front of the deck each tıme as Gary had made our reservatıon. The steaks were excellent too.
Overall we hıghly recommend a stay at the Aegean Gate. Go by yourself, ıt's great for a sıngle person, or go wıth a bunch of frıends and take over the hotel - you won't regret stayıng here!

A Fantastic Four Days at the Aegean Gate

by TripAdvisor Member Chicago1974

We just returned from four wonderful days at the Aegean Gate hotel in Bodrum. We found the hotel through Trip Advisor, and were impressed by the many positive reviews. When we got there, however, we found that the reviews did not fully do the property or customer service justice.

First, the property is beautiful, with commanding views of the Aegean and modern decor that was under-stated and modern. The rooms are quite large (suites really), with comfortable furniture and a modern bathroom. The hotel is about a quarter mile from the water, and is an easy walk to the beach (which has the benefit of being quiet and away from the noise of downtown Bodrum).

Second, the service from Rory and Gary (the owners) is superb. They were both at the gate to greet us when we arrived, and were always available for friendly conversation or questions about what to do. They served us a wonderful breakfast each morning, and on the day when we were leaving before breakfast to explore the area, even left us some yogurt/cereal/fruit in our refrigerator. Key to the service is a feeling that they are being completely honest in their opinions of what to do and where to go, versus sending you constantly to "friends" or "family" (a constant refrain in Turkey).

Third, the feeling of community at the hotel is fantastic. Each night, we sat down with Rory and Gary, their friends and the other guests to compare notes on the day and talk about travels throughout the world. After a long day (albeit of vacationing!), it was a nice way to relax and unwind.

All in all, we could not be happier with our experience at the Aegean Gate!

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member Eurovisionfans

I really don't want anyone else to know about this place - it truly is a hidden gem. The property itself is wonderful, on the hillside overlooking Bodrum. Close enough to town that the walk is pleasant, far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise at night. Bedrooms are huge, actually mini apartment is a better description, with great balconies which look down to the sea. Rory and Gary who run the hotel could not have been more hospitable, transfers to and from the airport were organised for us, they helped with car hire and restaurants and by the pool there was always a cold beer at the ready! Can't recommend the hotel highly enough, we will be back.

by TripAdvisor Member Hiyawaan

I had the recent pleasure of staying at the Aegean Gate Hotel in Bodrum Turkey. It has a pleasant environment and gave me the chance to unwind. The Hotel is located about 10 mins from the town center, by car, and is a blessing as Bodrum can be quite loud at night. Located on a hillside it offers a spectacular view of the town below. The personel were extremely helpful and curtious. It is a nice change from the typical over-crowded resorts with screaming kids. I will definately be returning there next year.

A Hidden Gem!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelledLondon

I can really just back up everything that everybody else has said about this hotel! It really is a great find for those looking for something a little bit different and classy in Bodrum. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and modern and the views were beautiful. Gary and Rory make excellent hosts and you feel more like a guest to their home than a hotel customer. I was traveling alone and felt safe and secure at all times and would therefore highly recommend this hotel for single travellers or couples. I personally do not think that the hotel is suitable for families with young children as noisy, young children would disturb the quiet, relaxed ambience of the pool area. That about sums up my view apart from the fact the the boiled eggs for breakfast are the best that I have ever tasted! Enjoy!

Good things come in small packages.....

by TripAdvisor Member atang59

Just returned from a fantastic 2 week vacation in Bodrum. The fact that the vacation turned out so well can be credited in large to Gary and Rory, the very pleasant hosts of the Aegean Gate Hotel. Even though we did not actually stay at the hotel, we spent many evenings chilling out at the bar and pool, getting to know the other guests. The hospitality of the hosts gets top ranking, and we are already talking about making reservations for next summer!
The tranquil surroundings, combined with an intimate bar/pool area and stunning views, are a sure bet for couples and families looking for something else than the typical run of the mill resort. Due to the small size of the hotel interacting with other guests come easily as they gather around the poolbar for an evening coctail or beer. Gary and Rory will also make arrangement for a free roundtrip transfer to Bodrums most fantastic restaurant, the Kafidaki. Situated high in the hills above the Oasis shopping centre this restaurants offers exellent food, outstanding service and the best view of the Bodrum bay. Watching the moon rise over the hills is pure magic! We went there 3 times during our stay and and were treated like royalty every time. Thanks again boys for steering us in the right direction!!

We'll se you next summer!!

Asgeir, Brit and Linnea

Just perfect

by TripAdvisor Member SJD_8

We found the Aegean Gate hotel on Trip Advisor. Initially, I was a little sceptical about the fantastic write ups, however all I can say is that they are all absolutely true!

Gary and Rory run an immaculate, good value, boutique hotel with spacious rooms, great service and incredible views but most importantly to us a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.

If you want to stay in a beautiful place, with the town easily accesible but far enough away to avoid the crush and to feel that you are being looked after from the moment you make contact to the moment you leave - then this is the place for you.

a gorgeous hotel, breathtaking view, with even better service

by TripAdvisor Member sonia1122

I actually found aegean gate through nisanyan.net...and cross checked it on tripadvisor. i fell in love love love the minute i got out of the taxi and saw the gate...when i entered the premises, i felt like i was transported to another world. So relaxing, beautiful, outstanding decor choices and yet not overdone. but the best part are the people. rory and gary are super super nice, funny and just downright adorable. i only stayed there a day, but i seriously wanted to stay longer had i not had plans with a friend in fethiye, i would have blown off my later plans and just stay there. also its in a more relaxed part of town and after you have been there at night, trust me, you will be GRATEFUL you made the choice. its a fabulous place and i am definitely coming back again.
Aegean gate, you had me at hello.

Comments