Fuga Fine Times Bodrum

Travelocity Otel.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Marco4's Profile Photo

Fuga Fine Time

Au mois d'octobre : pas recommandable....
    Pas d'ambiance.....
    trop peu de personnel....
    Cuisine tres moyenne .....
    Propreté : laisse à désirer...
    Heureusement ...piscine et soleil.....!!!!!

More about Fuga Fine Times Bodrum

Do not go to FUGA FINE TIMES

by TripAdvisor Member maria22Advice

I staid at JUSTINIANO FUGA FINE TIMES in Bodrum this summer in late August.
I was terrible.
The food was very bad, and the personnel very unpolite.
One of them entered into a fight with me because I questioned him for a 107 Euros bill for 2 Cokes. I was ready to call the police (he was insulting and throwing my bag).
I eated every day potatoes becaouse you cannot choose something else.
I was not a 5 stars hotel.

DO NOT BOOK THERE!

chilled out luxury

by clareabee about Fuga Fine Times

This is a spa hotel located on the outskirts of Gumbet (which I have to say I am not too keen on).
It isn't really a place that I would take children as not an awful lot to do but ideal for couples.

The hotel is build on to the side of a hill with amazing views over to one of the Greek islands - the sunsets here are amazing.
The hotel is All Inclusive (although 2011 it is being knocked down and turned into a boutique B&B) with a couple of bars, a fish and mongolian restaurant. There is an excellent spa which is a bit pricy but you can negotiate on price!
The only thing i would say is try not to book when it is the Turkish school holidays - go before the beginning of July as the second time we visited it was over-run with kids - not my idea of a relaxing spa break! amazingly friendly staff (most of them) a chap called Selim there was amazing. The views are to die for and it is incredibly relaxing.

Brilliant would go again

by TripAdvisor Member craddocksue

Having stayed at the Fuga fine times for a week with my family, I would say don’t expect to see real Turkey as this is an incredibly well run international hotel but none of the local quaintness that you get with a small hotel in Turkey.

The views are amazing the food is superb and plentiful there is plenty of variety and it is so well cooked credit to the chef’s.
(I came home 4lb heavier than I went).

The rooms are minermalistic but very well done, the added touches of shower gel, soap, shampoo, cotton buds, was an extra nice surprise.

The pool area is lovely, (they supply pool towels) you can either use the sunbeds or mats and cushions, (please see pics)

The jetty is also used as a sunbathing area.

I did feel that the relaxation pool was a let down, I don’t think it is very well used as the whole time we where there it had leaves in the pool, plus this is a quiet area where talking is not encouraged.

I did not use the spa attached to the pool but I was told by several people that they had had a wonderful time there

The bar staff and waiting staff are very friendly, the only thing I did not like was being hassled by the photographer everynight.

In the brochures they do not let you know how really steep this place is, (its on the side on a mountain). You will either come back very fit or like me use the shuttle bus which runs every half an hour.

The bar comes alive every night with resident DJ’s plus local bands, fear not, you can’t hear this from your room, but if your in the mood for a late night party this is the place.

Because of late flight times with going to and from Turkey, I decided to keep our room on the price which I thought was a bit steep 70 euro’s until 9pm.

If you would like to know anything more than please do not hesitate to contact me. Would I go back again yes most definently, its really good value for money and a beautifully run place.

Loved the Fuga

by TripAdvisor Member Jules1810

We stayed at the Fuga for a week in June and wished we had booked for 2 weeks! Yes it is built on a steep hill and we had a room near the top but a bit of exercise each day was a good thing. The weather was great, around 40 degrees but there is a constant wind which helps to keep you a bit cooler and there are lots of umberella's.

The views are fantastic and the Fuga has a really relaxing feel about it, we loved the soft cushions around the pool. If you wanted to sunbathe around the pool unfortunately you did have to be up fairly early as there were a lot of towels laid out from about 7.30/8.00am - there are a lot of European guests - I'll say no more! The hotel does have a mix of all nationalities staying there which was nice, it wasn't your usual Brit's abroad atmosphere.

I would recommend it for couples or groups of chilled out friends, if you have young children and mobility difficulties it's probably not the place for you. Quite a few people we met went into Gumbet or Bodrum in the evening around 11pm to hit the clubs, we didn't bother, we wanted a relaxing break and that's what we got.

It was nice not to be harassed all day by entertainment staff trying to get you to take part in activities you really didn't want to do. There were things laid on for guests, details were put up around the hotel and it was up to you if you went along. We used the gym a couple of times which was well equipped and air conditioned, the only critisism of it was that they weren't very strict on the dress code in there - one day a quite elderly man came in in just his spedo's and went on one of the bike's - not a pretty site!

Rooms were comfortable, clean and decorated in a modern/neutral style.

One disappointment was that no cocktails were included in the AI package and these were quite expensive.

We went to the Al a Carte restaurant right on the sea front, the food was really good and you are sat on decking over the water. Alcoholic drinks weren't included there and were expensive.

All in all we had a great week and would go back - we don't usually say that as we like to try different places but we haven't been anywhere with such great views and so relaxing before.

Fantastic Fuga

by TripAdvisor Member TLC05

I have stayed at the Fuga twice and am going back again next year. Modern chic rooms which are minimalistic but serve their purpose and were cleaned to a high standard. The view from the pool is absolutely fantastic. My advise would be to get up early to get a sunbed and try and get near the sea on the big matresses- they are so comfortable. The Beach Snack Restuarant is really nice and makes a nice change from going to the restaurant as the food can be a bit same old. Very friendly staff always happy to help. Bus stops right outside the hotel and takes you to Gumbet and Bodrum for the same price also run 24 hours for those who want to go out partying. Good nightlife although slightly tacky in Gumbet but good for a laugh. I can't think of a bad thing to say- those who complain about the steps should have read the tour operators advise first as they all say about the steep steps- anyway there is an elevator which takes yu all the way from the pool to the reception at the top anyway.

Read This Before You Book!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sportgirl

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks in September 07 after looking at both the First Choice and Fuga's own websites. We went with high hopes but were sorely disappointed.

Positives first - the pool and beach areas are amazing, there is no doubt about it. Really cool, trendy areas with matress-type sun loungers and massive cushions. The music in these areas is also great, chilled out stuff during the day and then funky house in the evenings down at the beach bar. There's also a big choice of watersports but only canoeing is included. Everything else is chargeable and it's pricey.

The spa is also very nice. Prices aren't bad at all, I guess it's all relative to where you live but a massage cost me £35, less than the London price that I pay. If you are in a couple, you can both be massaged by 2 therapists in a room together, which is a nice touch.

Unfortunately, those are the only good things I can say about this hotel. The first major problem is that we were both ill. I had a bad stomach that took me out for 3 days, my boyfriend then got it and was ill for 2 days. We were vomitting, had diarhea - the whole lot - it was awful. When we asked at Guest Relations if they knew of anyone else who was ill, the lady stood there and told us that she hadn't heard of any problems. She said that it must be because we were English we are not used to the oily food!!!! Or perhaps we were ill as a result of walking around bare foot!!! OK!

She basically lied through her teeth. We got talking to more and more people and were stunned to realise that everyone was ill. English, Dutch and Belgian people that we spoke to had all got it so funnily enough, I think us being English had nothing to do with it!!!! One guy ended up in hospital on a drip, and many people had to seek medical advice or get themselves to a pharmacist to get medication, as we did. Guest Relations had actually organised many doctor's appointments yet the lady stood there and made out like we were the first people who had gone to see her.

The standard of cleaning in our room was shocking. Lets put it this way, considering how ill we had been, I was amazed to come in one day to see that the toilet had not been cleaned. Lets not forget that this is a country where you still can't even put toilet roll in the toilet. It has to go into a bin. Is it hardly surprising that people are getting ill when cleaning is not properly done and germs are spreading in 40 degree heat.

The rooms are extremely basic. From the photos I had seen, I thought that they were minimalist chic. Minimalist - yes, chic - no. As far as the bathroom goes, the shower is pretty cool but the rest of it is bad. Tiny TV with only one English speaking channel, BBC World and a couple of European music channels. We were really disappointed and thought that the 4 star rating this hotel has is really over generous. In comparison to other hotels I have stayed in around the world, this does not even compare. It should be a 3 star.

I am really shocked that in other reviews people rave about the restaurant. After 2 days, we were completely bored of it and went out to eat in local restaurants (mostly in Bitez) every single night (once we had recovered from our sickness!!) The food in the restaurant is pretty much the same for all the 3 meals every single day - no variety and poor quality. There are flies everywhere and birds flying in and landing on the bread. If you go, go out to eat, there are some fantastic restaurants and they're cheap compared to UK prices. If you are going to eat at the hotel at lunch, go to the beach bar as at least this is made to order. Service generally is appaling - be prepared to wait. The waiting staff never come to you, you have to grab them. The fact that very few staff speak a good level of English also doesn't help. Many of them do not even have the basics, it was very frustrating.

You are entitled to a meal in each of their a la carte restaurants for each week of your stay. The Mongolian is fantastic. We walked out of the fist restaurant. The only positive about this one is its setting - on a deck at the water's edge.

Don't get me wrong, overall, we had a nice holiday. I would just say that if you have high standards, are used to high levels of service and want a little luxury - DO NOT GO HERE!! I wouldn't recommend it and certainly wouldn't go back.

Fabulous Fuga!

by TripAdvisor Member mrshorton

We have just come back from a week at the Fuga for our honeymoon, and it was simply amazing. I can't believe that the people writing the bad reviews were at the same hotel, as we could hardly fault the place.
We went with First Choice, and were a bit apprehensive about that because we usually go away independently, but apart from feeling a bit like cattle on the plane, they were great.
Our first impressions of the Fuga were great - it's all quite minimalist and simple, but all really nicely put together and good quality. Our room wasn't huge but it had everything we needed and was clean and bright. The bathroom had one of the best showers I've ever had. OK, so the TV only had one English channel, but you don't go abroad to watch English TV do you?! And the shop sells English newspapers if you're that desperate!
The resort itself is steep with lots of steps but it did us the world of good, and there is the panoramic lift and the buggies if you don't want to walk. The pool area is just lush, with lots of cushions and sunbeds, and the beach (all decked) is also beautiful with stunning scenery. The pool was a bit cold but the sea was lovely and warm - swimming in the sea at 7am on our last day was the highlight of our holiday.
The food was also awesome. We were a bit worried about having the same old buffet every day, but there was lots of variety, with lots of dishes changed daily. There was also so much choice that you never had to have the same thing twice. The salads were especially good. The Mongolian was also great, and they let us eat there twice.
Overall the whole atmosphere was totally chilled out and laid back, the music in the bar and restaurant added to this, and it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weeks away I've ever had. The staff were also brilliant - really friendly, and there was a great mix of nationalities amongst the guests.
I rarely go back to the same place twice, but would definitely return to Fuga. If you like things totally luxurious and flashy, then it probably isn't for you, but if you are the kind of person who knows that something doesn't have to be flashy and gilt-edged to be of really good quality, then I thoroughly recommend this place!

Fuga fun

by TripAdvisor Member faye_midgley

Just got back from a fabulous all inclusive week at the fuga. weather was hot 32-36C and the sea at the private beach was exactly what was needed to cool down. Usual European mentality when it comes to reserving the sunbeds, but there was always somewhere to sit even though it was busy. Rooms were modern, basic and clean, but didn't spend too much time in the room anyway. Staff were friendly, if a little slow on serving your drinks sometimes. Not too many kids at the hotel which suited us, but in Holland this hotel is marketed as a 'gay resort' so be warned you may see lots of men rubbing sun tan lotion into each other..!
Our room was right at the top of the complex which was very quiet, but the furthest away from the beach. Just a five minute up hill stroll - it felt quite good after lazying around all day. Walked in to Gumbet a couple of times, approx 15mins walk downhill. All in all a great time and would definately stay there again if we went back to Gumbet.

Excellent Fuga

by TripAdvisor Member ronatfriars

We have just returned from a wonderful relaxing 2 weeks at the Fuga and the whole experience was exceptional.

The food was excellent, with chefs baking fresh bread, pizzas and main courses on view (the breakfast omelettes were especially good and cooked to order) with an extensive selection of food, which was changed daily.

The staff were extremely efficient and polite and couldn’t do enough to help you.

The cleanliness of the rooms, the restaurant, the whole site was faultless (the toilets were immaculate and cleaned regularly throughout the day!).

The only downside was the number of steps around the site but we were aware of that when we booked and there is a lift that runs from reception to the restaurant from 8am to 11pm.

Entertainment was limited to taped music with a live band once a week, but I guess this was because it was at the end of the season.

The all inclusive service ran from 10am until midnight for local drinks. Non local drinks and drinks after midnight were slightly expensive - but 14 hours of free drinks is usually enough for anyone!!

There were plenty of things to do - water sports, tennis, etc and a quiet pool if you wanted to get away from the busier pool or the beach. Just a short bus ride from Gumbet or Bodrum and a short walk from the picturesque resort of Bitez.

A really great holiday and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

fuga fine times vs. wow

by bobule

i want to go in bodrum in august.my travel agent is recomanding fuga fine times and wow resort.what should i choose?

Re: fuga fine times vs. wow

by ugo54

choose fuga better area and beach is also nice than wow.
wow hotel is crouded rooms are not good small swimmingpool.

by bobule

thnks.think i'll do so.

by babazula

wow resort or wow club? well my decison is wow resort..check www.wowhotels.com

like fuga - don't know wow

by kreton

I've visited fuga a couple of times (not stayed there) and enjoyed the atmosphere.

I guess the atmosphere in fuga is trendier than in wow.

Fuga has a terrific spa and a Mongolian rest. that everyone should try !

by Marco3

Thank's for the tips , I'll be there the 1° week of october,it will be the first time in FUGA , we go regulary in the HILL SIDE BEACH

by ALLINCLUSIVE

Hi there, Does any body have any further info re Fuga fun times. I'm trying to find some more reviews on this hotel and also I'd like to know if the access in & out of the pool is easy . I hate those step ladder steps especially when I've had a few sangria's!!!!

by Marco3

I have been in the FUGA the first week of october .....
beurk ......never more .....
A good tips : Hillside beach in Fethyie.......Waouw......

Comments