Guler Resort

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Oramiral Kemal Kayacan Sk., (formerly Riviera Guler Resort Hotel), Gumbet, Mugla, 48400, Turkey

Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 27% more and rated 39% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Avoid if you can help it

I dont usually write reviews but it was so poor i thought id better warn people:

Dont waste your money on the all inclusive package, this hotel fails to provide the bare essentials let alone anything extra.

Staff are aggressive and untrustworthy.

Food is basic and the dining area is grubby and overcrowded.

Youl be lucky to get your towels changed and new toilet tissue so be prepared!

I heard many complaints about thieves and even a rape story.

There are LOTS of steps so make sure you are healthy enough to manage... seriously LOTS!

Gumbet is a decent destination, just please avoid this hotel, dont take my word for it, google it...

seriously dont waste your money here

Unique Quality: Decent view of Gumbet...

and nothing else whatsoever

More about Guler Resort

1 star guler resort gumbet

by TripAdvisor Member jensim7

I stayed here in 2004 and it wasnt any good .apartments were very basic and bathrooms not very clean . there was only a handful of british familys the rest were from east europe . when we told any of people in gumbet were we were staying they used to laugh. the hill and the steps were a nightmare in the july heat. we had a great time in gumbet we found great resturants and the bars and shops were great. we spent as little time in the guler as possible as we were only self-catering. anyone booked to go i would ask to change the booking as it is 3 years on from i was there and the photos only show it has went from bad to alot worse. this july we were in asena beach hotel in olu deniz and it was wonderful. my son has stayed in jasmin beach apartments in gumbet and says they are fab.

What a shame !!

by TripAdvisor Member sheffgang08

A family holiday 2 adults & 2 children
We have just returned from the 4* guler resort in gumbet or should i say 2* MAX it was awful we have been to turkey several times before and not come across anything like it before.
It was dirty, room was not cleaned in 7 days, no clean towels or bedding, 50 steps to reception making it very awkward for families with small children , and the staff were very unhelpful & spoke very little english.
now the pool area:-
extremley slippy
most of sunloungers broken
broken grills
broken lights
very dirty generaly
never cleaned only used squishy things to put all dirty water back into the pool
only one bar next to pool,with only one bar man to serve all the hotel then you only get half measures
everthing happens round the pool day and night
No entertainment at all apart from the same cd everyday all day
oh sorry we forgot the turkish belly dancer who did a ten minute slot and then asked money
Overall it was a break but not a holiday to remember i would not recomend it to anyone

hotel fawlty towers

by TripAdvisor Member delboy1959

Just returned from this hotel today (13 aug 2007)and trust me what a dive.Went to this hotel as a family of 4 for relaxation and it was anything but that. I was sold this hotel as a 4 star rating(uk)
lets start with the pool area where everything goes on......
BAR:what a joke,you have 1 barman doing the work of 4 staff...half filled dirty plastic cups,idea of washing cups is a quick swill under the tap.try getting more than 1 drink and its my boss said only 1.I went to the bar at 22.50 just before all inc finished as was refused a drink as i had 1.

AROUND POOL:more water around it than in it...staff tried toclear at times with their squeegies but pushing water back into to pool with everything else on the floor...sometimes you were lucky and they pushed it over the side,but unlucky if you were walking underneath,you got soaked.people slipping down stairs,a serious health and safety issue.

POOL:should be shut down and seriously overhauled,filter system without covers sucking peoples legs in...floating lights in pool(see photos)stepson had to go to hospital with ear infection after four days at a cost of 120 euros and low and behold step-daughter next day with infection in both ears at another cost.At the side of the pool they have a rock face where people used to jump off into the pool...not any more, yes you guessed it,it collapsed...what did they do...just stuck up a no diving sign after an hour without roping it off.If it had hit anybody i wouldnt like to think what would happened.My step-daughter climbed up the stairs to get out pool and they collapsed cutting and bruising her knee..(when i went to reception to complain,the hotel owner came shouting and told me to get out of his hotel after making a go for my throat)in the baby section of the pool chloerine crystals were on the bottom..need i say more,depth markings for pool well faded and missing.
AI SNACKS:try queeing for a burger,that was an effort and a half,quee went on and and on as they only put 8 burgers on at once and a lot of people took 2.so you had to wait ages to get 1...management money saving scheme....the tea and coffee urns were hidden by the quee...even the tea urn was faulty,sometimes not switching off giving a flow of tea that could have scalded ( if it was hot.)
SEATING AREA:just not enough seats and tables (as sunbeds)for the amount of people there
ENTERTAINMENT:the only entertainment i had was waiting to see what calamity happened next
GAMES ROOM:1 table tennis table and thats your lot
DINING:what a joke if you like chips chips chips you will be ok..food was absolouty crap,if you go to this hotel take a few extra quid to eat out
OVERALL COMMENTS: THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.the health and safety aspect is too great to ignore.I have read other comments on here but im not sure if they have put a review on the right hotel...if you have booked this hotel PLEASE PLEASE TRY AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK OR MOVE TOO ANOTHER HOTEL OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE LIKE ME WITH A HUGE PHONE BILL TRYING TOO GET OUT WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.
PS EVERYONE I MET WERE CRYING TOO GET OUT AND I CAN VERIFY THIS BY GIVING YOU THEIR E MAIL ADDRESSES(WITH CONSENT)I am in the process of trying to reclaim money back from the travel agent under the misselling of goods act

Not a 3 or 4 Star hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DavidHealeyforPM

Well what can I say?? This is definitely not a 3or4* hotel - it is only kickin the [--] of a 2*.

FOOD - very repetitive. We did eat out a lot. Breakfast, no fresh fruit (I have thrown out better!) No fresh juice (just some sort of bright green liquid). Lunch and dinner, chip, chips, chips. Snacks??? Extremely slow, cook would have got the sack from McDonalds (just burgers and chips). And don't ask for more than one even if you are feeding a family of four!!! plus plates and tables where not always the cleanest.

POOL - the slide was good fun. (apart from some of the adults and older kids being extremely rough and not watching if the bottom was clear). Extremely slippy with a lot of water round the edges that lay in puddles! H&S would definitely have closed it down if it where in the UK. NO lifeguard on duty either. We had left before the cave collapsed - but I could understand that it happened as 15 stone men where jumping in from it on a regular basis. While swimming at the side of the pool one morning I got my hip sucked up against a hole - I just laughed as I couldn't believe it but on hindsight if it were a young child who knows what would have happened. Not enough sun beds for the amount of people staying there and you needed to be up with the larks to get one.

BAR - yes the bar staff need to get a personality and a smile transplant. I can understand that they do work long hours - but so do I and I don't treat customers like that! I'm not a heavy drinker but the measures where ridiculous. I asked for another Gin to be put in the same glass as it didn't taste like there was any in it, to be told there was and it was only one drink per person. You would have thought it was coming out of their own pocket. They don't wash the plastic cups very well either. And there is only one night of entertainment.

ROOMS - our room was clean, and we did get fresh towels regularly. However the shower had a mind of its own.

PLAY AREA - nice little play area for small kids - however bins where at the other side of the fence and the smell wasn't very pleasant.

OVERALL - we did make the most of the holiday. It is unfortunate that the management of this hotel don't make more of an effort. It has great potential with a beautiful view over Gumbet. (see photo) YES there are lots of steps (believe me I know we had 2 push chairs) GLAD WE ONLY STAYED FOR ONE WEEK (and only paid £556 for AI accommodation for 2 adults and 2 kids)

beirut in gumbet by the bellydancer

by TripAdvisor Member GlasgowBellydancer

just arrived home on fri 17 aug hotel was ok rooms basic. good air con, young barmen not friendly even with tips bad attitude. older staff ok porters and cleaners very nice. pool okay except for the dangerous waterfall that fell to pieces on our second day took them to the third night to fix. the flume was good, food terrible not 4* maybe pushin 2* lots of stairsnot good for buggys or older people, selection of drinks terrible only vodka gin raki beer or wine, you also need to take your empty glass to get a new one. worst all inclusive weve ever been to

Cheap holiday but its still not worth it!

by TripAdvisor Member Linsyloo

On arriving there is 60 very steep steps, OK if you are able bodied, and then another 40 to any of the rooms. The hotel itself is at the top of a steep hill not good when its 40 degrees. The rooms are small unless your in an apartment and the bed linen is this horrible stiff towel type cover that is not nice especially if sunburnt no sheets in between. The food is ok for the first couple of days but then it is just the same day after day. Only bread and tomatoes for breakfast and the dining hall (as they call it) is like feeding time at the zoo. No waiters just everyone rushing and grabbing not enough tables, dirty plates and cutlery. Eating out on holiday should be part of the evening this was not a good experience. The all inclusive drinks are a joke they only fill the plastic cups half way and unless you like lager, vodka or vinegar(wine) there is nothing else. The pool area is dangerous the floor is always flooded and at the end of the day they sweep the dirty water back into the pool, water is dirty. The place is dangerous we seen a broken leg, scalded by hot water, food poisoning and ear infections from the pool. Stay away! MIss L Bredin Plymouth

Food is appaling and repetitive

by TripAdvisor Member Ash410

Arrived quite late at the hotel - had booked all inclusive two weeks. The hotel was full of Eastern Europeans and Turks from Germany. Lots of noisy kids around the pool. Several Single lactating mothers who constantly breast fed kids.
Food is repetative, we had Turkey most nights- Kids meals is simply mince meat shaped into different shapes every day. Soups were good - Fresh fruit was appaling - water mellon was good. Lots of steps to climb to the hotel. Resident photographers constantly appeared and asked people to pose for photographs. Turkish night consisted of a male belle dancer twice - belle dancer who was more interested in getting men to tuck money into her bra. Waiters/Staff do not speak English so communication was a big problem. All inclusive drinks only include Beer, appaling wines, cheap vodka. Snacks daily hamburger very slow service and same cakes and savouries every day.
I would not recommend this resort to anyone. Stay well clear of it.
Karam

rotten

by TripAdvisor Member emmalou1

2 adults, 1 child and 2 babies. Unclean all over the hotel, staff unhelpful, room filthy, bathroom smelt, swimming pool very unsafe, slide danderous, no lifeguard, lots of children had cuts and head injuries and cuts on there feet from the pool. Food was very poor, breakfast, lunch and dinner the same. No entertainment just a belly dancer on a wednesday who asks for money. Did not enjoy our holiday due to stairs and treatment. Would not advise a family to go there, as there is nothing for kids to do, except the pool and thats a hazard!

Dont ever go to this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member joandmarkGloucester

Well, where do we begin? Got back this morning from a weeks all inclusive holiday. Supposedly 4* but definately no higher than a 2*. Counted 116 steps from entering hotel grounds to our room, really hard when temperatures reaching over 40 degrees every day. Air conditioning worked in our room, but the fridge didnt. There was no balcony, no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, unbelievable basic. The all inclusive drinks consisted of lager (half a plastic cup at a time), wine (which was turned round on the bar when we first arrived so you could help yourselves, but within the week was turned into the bar so u had to ask for it), and vodca, although one measure was a dribble in the bottom of your cup. The bar staff were incredibly miserable, not one smile in the whole week we were there, it was as though they were paying for the drinks out of their own pockets. The food.................well, where do u start? Runny eggs, hard baked beans and spam for breakfast...lunch was indescribable and as for the evenings meal, you would not feed your dog with it. The idea of our all inclusive holiday was to pay for the holiday, then spend little else. As it was we didnt eat or drink at the hotel at all and ended up spending another £800 on top of the £790 we paid for the holiday. We could have had a week in somewhere exotic for the money we paid. There were many casualties that we witnessed within the week, and a very large amount of the children got an ear infection, probably from the dirty pool. Only a few pumps worked, and one day there was so much chlorine in there everyones eyes were red after being in there. The jacuzzi part of the pool did not work.A couple we met booked it for their honeymoon and were devastated by their experience. I believe they will write their own report on their experience. All in all it was an experience I want to forget, I have been on many foreign holidays, all over Europe, and many all inclusive, but I would not even send my worst enemy to this Resort. I cannot believe that anyone could say a good word about this place. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments