Kumbahce Mah Mustafa Kemal Cad No37, Baris Sitesi, Bodrum, 48400, Turkey

Priceline.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• stappm's Profile Photo

Excellent View

It was the only one in the Frommers guide under 120Euro and availbale the same night... so I checked in. Ended up paying 80 TYL a night (about $60 USD) incl breakfast. I did have a room with a balcony and nice view. The bathroom was average and the room had a king size bed. The hotel was a Monastery and has been converted. It sits on the hill but the view is worth the walk...or taxi ride.

I noticed that everything at the hotel was in need of a serious deep cleaning... then I noticed the housekeeping staff was all male.... surpriseing as in Antalya and Istanbul they were the normal female housekeeping. Now usually I have no problem with men, and the gender specifics of housekeeping, however in a country where women are the only ones actually trained in the how too's of cleaning one would suppose they would be the best "man" for the job. And Dear Manastir it would serve you well as well as your customes to hire some. At least a female housekeeping director!

The bathroom had seen better days and they never, not once in over 10 days - washed the drinking glasses or wiped the counters down. The mildew on the tile was in need of a simple bleach spray down (no scubbing required even) perhaps for a week straight and the stains would be gone. I bet the toilet had never seen scouring powder and the carpet behind and under the chairs had not seen a vaccum in years either. They did change the sheets and linen regularly.

That being said... as I drove the surrounding areas and became familiar with what else was out there.. I believe, outside of the resorts, this was the norm. So I must admit even my snobby ass would probably stay here again!

It is in direct line with Halikarnas night club and if you sleep with the door/window open... you may be dancing in your dreams if you can make it to sleep at all. However once the door was closed and the fan/ac on.. I could not hear a thing. And I bet if you were worried about it, you could request an inside courtyard room and not hear it at all.

Unique Quality: great pool, however cold... view impeccable. Taxi stand right out front hotel. An easy walk down onto the corniche (sea front promonade). The food was good... nothing that knocked my socks off... but I ate it!

The photos of the rooms online are not what the room looked like..... hmmmm.

Directions: Baris Sitesi, Inner Harbo

• giantjudge's Profile Photo

Nice on top of the hill

A very nice hotel, you can enjoy the see from top of the hill. Acceptable facilitoes for summer vacationers. It lacks 5 star hotels facilities. The hotel built giving the old style of the area which make is as a historical place.

Unique Quality: Pool is adjacent to the restaurant viewing the see from the top.

Directions: The Marina down the hill

• Joni20's Profile Photo

Amazing views

We arrived at this hotel expecting a four star hotel. Once our bus driver managed to drive up the very steep hill, after a few attempts and one very scary moment where we rolled back down(!), we arrived.

First impressions not great considering the hill and reception wasn't impressive. When we booked this, we expected to be having a room like in the picture. No way! It was very basic indeed, two single beds, a small TV and a mini fridge. NO BALCONY!!! I was so dissapointed that we didnt have a balcony. :( Also, the bathroom was tiny!! We had to step in and walk round the door to get to the toilet, very tight squeeze!! We tried to change rooms but to get a room like in the picture, we had to pay around 280 pounds sterling!!

So, reluctantly, we got on with our holiday.

The view from the pool of the hotel was quite amazing over Bodrum bay, we could see the castle, the beach and at sunset it was beautiful.

The food in the hotel was ok sometimes but they had too much Turkish food!! Also lots of salads and it was very repetive. We couldn't find anything to suit us so we ended up eating out quite a bit. This has put me off ever going half board again!

On our first night, we walked to and from all the bars. NEVER AGAIN!! My calf muscles were aching for days after!! Maybe for active, REALLY fit people that would be fine but not for us! So we had to pay for taxis every day and night!!

All in all it was a nice enough hotel at a bad location and I don't think I'll be back. I'll want to be on a more level part of Bodrum :)

Unique Quality: Pool was lovely and the views were amazing!!!

Comments