Asarlik Mekvii, (formerly Isis Club Hotel), Gumbet, Mugla, 48400, Turkey

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• yarondo's Profile Photo

nice club hotel

In 21.06.07 we stay in ISSIS CLUB HOTEL in Bodrum.
    The club has different room size and views.
    We were in room 4903 and we have the view of the sea.
    The other club hotels rooms are smaller and the view may bee the next building.
    The room have air-condition and cutely and safe. The safe box cost 3$ per day.
    The hotel is 4 km from Bodrum and taxi cost 2$ per kilometer. From the hotel to Bodrum is 8 to 10 $. You can take DOLMUS in green color from 200-meter station from hotel and cost 1.5$
    Also when we stay in the hotel, there was free shuttle to the center of city, but only ONE WAY.
    The food was ok but no air-condition in the restourance. The have ventilators and 3 coolers but the windows are open. The outside temperature was 34 C degree and in the restourance we don’t sweet. It was ok. You can seat on the terrace and in the evening is very nice there.
    There was 4 restourance a, la cart (free if you all include): Chinese, Italian, Fish, and Turkish.
    You must make reservation from 09:00 to 10:00 day before. You can eat every evening in different restourance.
    The spa is big and nice but no Jacuzzi only sauna. In the spa relax room and fitness center NO AIRCONDITION.
    Isis spa center: www.isis.com.tr
    price off relax massage (50 min) was 35 euro, peeling & washing 15 euro
    Drinks are free, red and white wine, beer, and juice also but Turkish cafe cost extra.
    The bar is open 24 hours.
    There is outside night club HALIKARNAS tel +90 252 316 80 00 (5 lines)
    WWW.HALIKARNAS.COM.TR
    Fri-sat: 35 ytl weekdays: 30 ytl 1 local drink included.

• ISIS Hotel Bodrum

Very friendly and hard working staff on the whole.
    A large hotel with a very fair all inclusve deal. Not just buffets as some have stated. There are 4 all inclusive a la carte restaurants - Chinese, Italian, Turkish and Seafood as well as a payable Sushi (which is very reasonably priced) Only one visit to of the 4 free ones permitted per week - booking made at customer relations desk after 0900 on the day.
    Although having a large capacity there is space to get away from people too. The Spa is good value and the cool indoor pool makes a nice break from the searing summer heat. It is suprisingly quiet in there too. The small turkish bath and sauna are free as is the use of a handfull of weigts and exercise machines. A full suite of spa treatments may be booked at a good price.

• pretty33555's Profile Photo

2006...it's really worth staying there :-)

Well, I'm not going to spread in a long essay about good qualities of the hotel. Just don't hesitate and go there!

Unique Quality: Good service, funny,nice people around etc :-)
    Oh!they serve good hamburgers in a Snack Bar 12pm-3pm (the one near the pool)

Directions: near Anka

• dd99's Profile Photo

Great hotel

Hotel has club (4*) and hotel (5*) rooms - all facilities are shared. We went club and the room was well up to standard. Small balcony with amazing view of the bay. Aircon was very weak.

Some rooms have ground floor balconies with a "view" of the building opposite and people walking past all the time - big minus.

TV in room had BBC prime and CNBCe (lots of eng-lang series).

Unique Quality: Food was fine - all buffets. Breakfast not great, but lunch and dinner had an amazing variety of salads, main courses ranging from good to average. We went all-inlcusive, but for some reason coffee is extra (2 euros a cup..)

Pool is nice, has a special "roasting" area with large (single & double) matress sunbeds and a great view of the bay. Gym is poor, sauna costs extra. Squash court (!) was under construction when we were there (June 05). Entertsanment crew is active most of the day (fitness classes, games etc).

There is a (paid) minibus service from the hotel to town and back from morning till night, running every hour. Otherwise you can take the regular minbus service at the same price (~ 1 euro) but these stop on the road outside and you have to hike up (or down) the steep hill to the main road - only 100 yards or so but seems like a 30% gradient..

More about Isis Hotel & Spa

Don't believe the old reviews, read the new ones!

by TripAdvisor Member brucieboy

Just returned from 1 week at the ISIS hotel where we had a great time. The facilities where superb with entertainment for the kids well organised by the hotels own animation team. Plenty of excellent food and good drink selection. Location is great, out of the main town and extremely quiet. Although the resort was full when we where there, there is plenty of space and you can always find your own quiet spot to relax, by the pool, sea,grass or just lazying out on the turkish outdoor beds. The spa centre is superb and along with all the hotels facilities spotlessly clean. The staff are excellent and so good and helpful for the kids. We also liked the fact that there was an even spread of guests from across europe which added to the relaxed atmosphere. We stayed in the club and had two bedrooms which was great with two kids. When leaving we were allowed to view a family room in the Hotel part which looked superb. We would definately return and would book the hotel room as its does look worth the extra money.

Holiday Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member Yorkie3

After reading some negative reviews of this hotel we visited with a little apprehension.Our holiday turned into a fabulous experience.Fair enough our room was not 5star but it had a very comfy double bed some english T.V.loads of hot water and was cleaned daily. The rooms do vary so it is pot luck...which you get.
The Isis serves a good variety of food with three speciality restaurants that you can book if you want a change from buffet food.The settings where we ate were so beautiful,and the staff could not be faulted.A lot of the guests were British and there was a really friendly atmosphere with the animation team gently encouraging us into various activities,we never felt pressured to join in though. The hotel is in an outstandingly beautiful spot but if you intend to do some walks directly from the Isis you must first scale a steep hill,I managed it easily and I am in my mid 50s
and not that fit!!!

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Cheeks25

Just returned from an excellent holiday at the Isis. The hotel was very clean with excellent pool and beach area and views. We stayed in the club rooms and we were made aware that they were 4* before we went. However, other people who we had met on holiday were expecting to, and had payed for the 5* part and then ended up with one of the club rooms. Please note: in the club rooms some rooms have been refurbished and are really nice and some havent been done out and are horrible. Thankfully ours was refurbished.

This hotel is not for people with walking difficulties. Also if you are visiting the Isis, which i would definately recomend do not buy anything from the shop on site as the prices are rediculous. £8 for tampons, £16 for small bottle of sun lotion and they tried to charge me £6 for 6 paracetamol. Anyway overall we loved it here and would definately go back.

Holiday from hell

by TripAdvisor Member rebekahlouise

I don't know where to start! My family and I booked this 5* hotel as it was outside of Gumbet and supposed to of been a family hotel. Wrong, wrong and wrong! The hotel is cetainly not 5*, the rooms were comfortable, must say they were cleaned daily (bedding and towels). However, the food was extremely disappointing and if you wish to share your meal with nature - ie birds and flies then this hotel is for you. The restuarant is more like a canteen, there are hot meals (except I would call it warm), birds are eating from the serving spoons and the bread / danish etc. Disgusting!! Flies are everywhere,
on all the food. To be honest we were very limited to what we could actually eat. In fact I think It was a detox holiday not an all inclusive.

With regard to the a la cart restaurants - these were not much better. You have to book these between 9am-10am and are able to eat in each one once a week. The starters are all pre-made and are brought out to you immediately after sitting at your table. there is no choice. Your main meal is optional (2 meals to choose from) and dessert.

If its relaxing holiday you are after and a family one at that you will be very disappointed. The Blue/White Bar/Club which is central of the pool area starts at 11pm until the early hours. believe me when I say loud, I mean loud base music is played every single night.
This was topic of conversation at the pool area daily. Everyone was complaining about the noise, whereby children were unable to go to sleep as well as the adults. The noise was dreadful. Even our ceiling
fitting was vibrating, we have evidence to prove it! Our complaints were basically ignored by the general manager each night. To say we had a peaceful night sleep for at least one night, I'm afraid I would be telling you a lie. Don't get me wrong everyone enjoys music but every single night until the early hours is extreme, especially for the children.

We also had to set an alarm each morning (5.45) in order to reserve sun beds by the pool and beach area. If you attend anytime after 6.30am you've had it! My partner did not have one sleep in on this holiday, bless him.

Again, unfortunately when you are around the pool area, the music on most occasions is loud. I think I read the same page of my book several times!

The mini bar is not free - so be warned and if you stay in the Club you have to pay for the safe. If you are in the hotel, its free.

In all the holidays I have been on abroad, this was my holiday from hell. It was not relaxing nor a family holiday as advertised in the brochure. We were all glad to return home and have a peaceful sleep with a hot decent meal.

I'm sorry if you read this and you have already booked your holiday here. But i really do feel that strongly I wanted to inform people as much as possible. As this is not a 5* hotel, we were extremely disapoointed with the ISIS. Afterall, we all work and look forward to our holidays but on this occasion I was glad to be home. if you are able to change hotel, believe me you wont regret it!

my hell at the isis

by TripAdvisor Member gavinski

We came back from 2weeks at the Isis this week and I must say how disappointed I was with our stay.

The food was very repetitive rarely fresh and no selection for children. The tables are filthy most of the time, and dirty plates all over the place. We also had to share the food with the local birds and flies, which probably helped to my wife’s overnight stay in the hospital with bacterial gastro. The birds were acctually eating from the same buffet tables as us ( the guests).

It was from this moment that we decided that it would be far safer to dine outside the complex. There are a few a la carte restaurants in the complex, but you are stuck to one visit per week and again lacking choice and no Childs menu.

The pool area was very nice but let down by the constant loud music played 10.00am till 5pm. My child thought the kids club was poor and was even charged for the use of the ps2.

The entertainment at the Isis is held in the local tennis courts with no bar and poor lighting, we only decided to visit this once.

My wife did visit the spa for a Turkish bath and thought this was amazing, and was by far the highlight of her holiday.

I heard on our first night that I had to wake up at 7am to get a sun bed by the pool so my alarm was set the next morning at 6.45 only to find no beds left, so I had to adjust my alarm to 5.45 to get a good choice.

This I found hard work as we was being kept up till 2am by the onsite nightclub despite confrontations with the night shift manager to turn the music down due to the fact that we had a young child.

The staff were unhelpful and even rude on a few occasions. There are a few hundred guests staying at the Isis and only one bar in the evening so I had to wait around 10 mins for each drink.

The Isis has a lot of work to do to have a reputation of a 5* hotel. In fact I’ve stayed in better 3* hotels.

I recommend this hotel for 18 - 34 singles not for families, as there are a lot of young groups of singles.

Isis club hotel

by yarondo

"the club"

In 21.06.07 we stay in ISSIS CLUB HOTEL in Bodrum.
The club has different room size and views.
We were in room 4903 and we have the view of the sea.
The other club hotels rooms are smaller and the view may bee the next building.
The room have air-condition , cutely and safe. The safe box cost 3$ per day.
The bar is open 24 hours.

"Transportation"

"dance"

There is outside night club HALIKARNAS tel +90 252 316 80 00 (5 lines)
WWW.HALIKARNAS.COM.TR
Fri-sat: 35 ytl weekdays: 30 ytl 1 local drink included.

Club Hotel Isis

by scriblesvurt

Any one been? Whats it like? How long to travel to Gumbet?

Also can anyone recomend a local Car Hire company?

Thanks,

Samn

RE: Club Hotel Isis

by lovedo

hi,
club isis is was one of the nice hotel in gumbet, it is close to center of gümbet by walking just 5 minute and there are public service to gümbet and bodrum every 5 minute, hope you will enjoy during your stay, if you drope your self gümbnet bar street, i m sure you will see papa, s place (nice kebabs shop)just above there is my office near by shamrock bar, vta travel, all the best

lovedo