Kervansaray Resort Bodrum

Rated 11% higher but also costs 72% more than other 4.5 star hotels

More about Kervansaray Resort Bodrum

1st night in Turkey

by Sharrie about Kervansaray Termal

With 211 rooms & thermal bath facilities, this is a 5* hotel (Turkish standard) where we stayed in our first night upon arrival in Istanbul. As daylight is short & we arrived the hotel around 5.30 pm, we didn't get much of a chance to explore the areas around the hotels. There were some boutiques around & we were told the next morning that Bursa is well known for its fashion; ie. many of the foreign brands like Victoria Secret, Gap & Banana Republic have factories set up in Bursa! I wished we had more time here!

"Turkish" evening

by dd99 about Kervansaray

Kervansaray offers a "turkish evening" several times a week. Starting at 9pm, it goes on until 12 midnight or so.

On stage are: a couple of turkish musicians (so-so), a "folk dancing group" (terrible), Alex the male belly-dancer (amazing !), a female belly dancer (not bad) and a turkish "pop singer" (OK).

The trips are normally booked via a travel agent but can be done directly at Kervansaray (as we did - but for exactly the same price :-(
25 USD for the show+drinks+snacks, or 30 USD with a meal. Transport to and from your hotel is included.

Absolutely loved it

by TripAdvisor Member NottinghamBaldy

This was our first time in Turkey and we were so impressed. The hotel was absolutely amazing, extremely clean, everything you could possibly need. All Inclusive really meant All inclusive, we ate and drank as much as we could and the food and drink was great.

The people were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We didn't leave the resort for the entire week. So many quiet calming places to relax in the sun but plenty to do if you wanted to do it.

I would recommend this resort to anyone couples, families, groups. Parts of the grounds were a little steep so not so good for anyone with walking difficulties.

Overall I can safely say that it was one of the best holidays I've ever had and will definitely be going back to kervansaray Bodrum, hopefully next year.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rupertLondon

We stayed at this hotel for one week in August this year. We have been to Bodrum many times and like to try different hotels.
My three children just loved this hotel. The pool's slides were really good. The rooms were spacious, clean and sufficiant, and the food was absolutely fantastic, there was so much to choose from, it was almost limitless. Restaurant opened three times per day, and in between there were numerous places within the complex to order other food, such as spaghetti, burgers, chips, turkish pizza etc. With free alcohol, ice cream for children etc we never ventured out of the complex during our stay.
Our only minor complaint was with regards tobeing able to find a sunbed to lay on, especially around the pool. There simply was not enough.

Entertainment was really good, and would stand up as quality in any country, very talented staff.

Overall, my family and I had a great time at Kervansaray, and we would definately consider staying there again in the future.

Lovely Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member stroppycow

We have just had a lovely holiday at the Kervnsaray Resort, this was our first time in Turkey and we were not dissapointed.
Hotel was nice and clean and comfortable we would not rate it as 5* but could not fault anything.
The food was excellent you could eat and drink all day if you wanted.
Not good if you can't walk very far or have trouble with steps, there is a cable car but if it isn't workinkg it's a bit hard on the legs getting down to the boardwalk(worse coming back up), but there are plenty of sun loungers round the pool(might be a bit crowded main season).
Dolmus service is fantastic, wish our bus service was as good and as cheap. There is one bus depot you get off one dolmus straight on to another they all have the destination on the front you simply can't get lost.
We went to the market in Turgutreis which is held on Saturdays, it was fantastic never seen a market like it, be prepared to haggle we hadn't before but you soon get the hang of it. Don't worry about what currency to take a lot of places take sterling,euros or tukish lira especially in the market in fact they seem to prefare sterling. Turgutreis is a lovely place nice little beach we had lunch on the prom at a place called Mona Lisa it was very nice cost about 80 lira for 4 meals 4 drinks and 4 coffees.
Don't book to go to market with holiday rep it is so easy to get the dolmus and you are free to take as long as you want.
We also visited a lovely place called Yalikavak really pretty not too developed in fact we are hoping to stay there next time. We had lunch there right on the seafront at Akdeniz food was great and very reasonable 45 lira for 2 beers 2 meals and 2 coffees.
We will certainly be going back to Turkey just wish we had had 2 weeks this time a week wasn't long enough.

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cath1981

Just come back from a lovely stay. Was a tiny bit wary after reading other reviews but I have to say it was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in! Food was lovely - yes there was sometimes 'foreign' food but if you didn't fancy that there's loads of alternatives, the staff were very friendly and the pool is gorgeous. It's a massive resort with everything you could think of - I would definately recommend.

would not recommend !!!!! ever !!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member nickdessex

all i can say is that the hotel food was very poor and the staff did not give a dam that we were staying- on the last day they had closed the restaurant to all guests which for all inclusive is not what it should be, there was hardly no entertainment and the only saving grace to the holiday is that the weather was good for this time of year. i can honestly say that i could not recommend this one bit and i wish there was a very terrible rating on this because i would certainly say this without hesitating- this is just not me saying this because there was at least 6 other couples that i was speaking to and they all said the same thing- i have informed thomas cook and they are dealing with my complaint

enjoyed every minute we was there

by TripAdvisor Member rjc19

we stayed here in october for a week .it was worth every penny.the hotel was excellent, so was the food .we stayed in a bungalow which was clean tidy and spacious.the only downfall was all the steps andsteep climbs to the main hotel.

Good except for the moaners!

by TripAdvisor Member GPB1

Paid a second visit to the hotel at the end of October this year having stayed there in June. We returned because we enjoyed it so much on the first occasion. We were still very impressed with the hotel and had a really good holiday at a really good price.

Admittedly, our visit was not as good as our first for a variety of reasons. The weather wasn't as hot, the resort was quieter and more than anything the hotel was full of people moaning all the time.....yes, fellow Brits! I could see where some of the people were coming from but some people just wouldn't let anything drop....forcing their negtive views onto you at every opportunity!

The saddest part was when on the last day we were told the hotel would be closing for the season and we would all have to leave by 8pm. Yes...this was not ideal given some flights being much later than this time. However, the hotel agreed that they would let us stay in the hotel for the remainder of the day until our flights, serve lunch for us and also provide waiter service for an evening meal. We were also allowed all inclusive privileges and to keep on the rooms....all for FREE. What people were forgetting was that our contracts with the hotel technically ended at midday, and the hotel owed us none of this, however were good enough to provide it. So what's the sad part? Well, the sad part was that despite being given this for free we still had endure people moaning, showing no appreciation at all and basically being downright rude to the staff at the final meal. I have to say it made me feel embarrassed to be British. We made a point of handing tips to the waiters after our meal as thanks for their service over the week but also I think partly to apologise for the behaviour of others.

This hotel is a really good hotel. The views are brilliant, it is modern and clean and on the whole, the staff are good. The food isn't outstanding but it is standard foreign fayre. There were gripes that people had with it but the way we saw it, you could either get on with things and make the best of it or spend all your time moaning. We chose the former and that's probably why we had a good time and always have a good time when away. On our two visits to this hotel we have had a great time and have come across many people having a good time from many nationalities. Go with an open mind and you will too. Any Q's then ask.

Cappadocia with pictures

by 80-bettyboo

"Amazing.."

Over millions years ago ,the eruptions of three volcanoes (Erciyes , Hasan , Melendiz )
was the beginning of Caapdocia Legend.
And in time by wind , water , sand erosion all the landscape was formed..

Cappadocia is Turkey's most extraordinary treasure..
It is unique in the world..
On the picture one of the mountain called Erciyes..

no comment :))))

in summer time last year with some firends in Goreme Open Air Museum...

ooppppssss....
betty the fearle... no way I was gonna die cause the camel turned its head all of a sudden and tried to bite my leg....

My firends Eric and Nolan are in Cappadocia .They sent me this picture , they are from the State and travelling around the world for a year...have fun guys ....

me and my friends .
Kervansaray in Cappadocia...

Cappdocia under snow...
no need to say anything.It is awesome...

Imagine wearing this heavy metal attire!Imagine wearing this heavy metal attire!

DC3 Pacoz Bay, Bodrum, C47, LTAC 096DC3 Pacoz Bay, Bodrum, C47, LTAC 096

Ulu Burin AmphoraeUlu Burin Amphorae

Bodrum view from the castleBodrum view from the castle

Kervansary Hotel

by vicky_aber

We are staying at the Kervansary hotel in May and have just looked it up on Google Earth. I am worried that there is no beach at the hotel now, just wooden decking. Can anyone put my worries to rest for me?
Any tips on things to do in Bodrum would be welcome too!
Thanks for your help xx

by brotherleelove

Take the local minibus from Bodrumto Gumusluk for a look around a quaint little seaside village.

by vicky_aber

Thanks for that! It does look a nice little place - will definately take a trip there. Really beginning to the Kervansaray doesn't have a beach now - can anyone confirm?

by VODKA_LEMON

Hi!
Just a little info from 2 local's of Bodrum..Kervansaray doesn't have a beach. There is this wooden decking but no sand unfortunately. Our guests were very pleased by the good cuisine and the facilities of Kervansaray. The hotel provides a bus to Bodrum city center. Nice to go on tuesday and visit the local market. Bodrum is located on the peninsula Bodrum so you find by mini bus all little places around (80km totally)
If you have any questions you may ask us;)
Vodka and beer

by Lyndra

Hi Vicky,
not sure when you are going but the peninsula has so much to do and there are plenty of beaches to visit too. Bodrum, Gumbet, Turgutreis, Bitez, Gumusluk, Torba, Yalikavak...no shortage of towns and history here...Loads of Bodrum pages. enjoy your holiday :o)

Thanks for anu information

by mioara

it my first time in Turkey this summer so i need some advice. I
I'd like to go to Bodrum, in a hotel named Kervansaray, ten kilometres near Bodrum...So i'd like to know something about the hotel,about the resort, about the money(for example can i pay with dollars or a i need turkish liras?)
How it looks the beach, how's the weather in june,which are the trips i can take( or you reccomend me)and their prices....
I know that are a lot of questions so thanks a lot for help in advance:))

Re: Thanks for anu information

by brotherleelove

I'm willing to bet that you'll get a much better exchange rate if you trade your currency for Turkish lira at a bank. If your hotel does agree to make the exchange for you it's almost certain that they will not give you the best rate.

Re: Thanks for anu information

by Lyndra

Definately take lira, the exchange rate is great - only take enough to get by and change anything else in Bodrum where you will get a beter exchange rate than outside the country. Weather is starting to get hot in June but is much more bearable than the 40 degrees you may encounter in August!
Boat trips tpo the many beatiful bays leave from many departure points on the marina. There are also visits to great archaeological sites like Ephesus (your hotel/tour company can help arrange this - do not go with the cheaper options in the town I made this mistake once!!).
The Kervansaray is in between Bodrum and Gumbet the sister resort down the coast - spend some time in both for 2 very different holiays - younger people in Gumbet and great bars, more history in Bodrum and also nice bars on bar street.
There is a very poor beach area in Bodrum but nearby alternatives are Gumbet and Bardaci Beach. Bodrum is a wicked place to visit with some brilliant sea food restaurants and lovely places to drink.
Both Bodrum and Gumbet liven up after 9pm. Try and visit Halikarnas Open air night club - its an experience. Have a great time :-)
Lyndra

Skiyng resorts

by innulia

where can I get some inform about winter skiyng resorts near the Istanbul?
please, comment you someone knows smth?
Thanks
in

RE: Skiyng resorts

by Karahan

Bursa / Uludag is the best place for it..

Grand Yazici (5 stars)
Baia (5 stars)
Agaoglu My Resort ULUDAG (5 Stars)
Magic Life Der Club Kartanesi (5 Stars)
Kervansaray Uludag Otel (4 Stars)
Yazici Regency Otel (4 Stars)
Beceren Hotel (3 Stars)
Otel Akfen Club (3 Stars)
Otel Fahri (3 Stars)
Uludag Buyuk Otel (2 Stars)
Ergun Otel
Otel Ulukardesler

RE: Skiyng resorts

by June.b

Deinitely, ULUDAG (BURSA), about 1 and a half hours from Istanbul, you can either take the bus or ferry.

A bit far (by plane) is PALANDOKEN near Erzurum which is Turkey's best skiing spot.

Have a nice time!

RE: RE: Skiyng resorts

by innulia

I live near the turkey Georgia borderso, Erzurum is closer, but still which one is bette Bursa or Erzurum?

RE: RE: Skiyng resorts

by June.b

Palandoken...is it! Definitely. Uludag is recommended for reason that it is near Istanbul. That's for those who landed in Istanbul, but since you're already at the border, Palandoken has the highest peak and good snow.

Comments