Litera Altinel Hotel

Duvarli Tarla Mevkii 11, ex. Etap Altinel Bodrum, Bodrum, 48400, Turkey

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Litera Altinel Hotel

Not a 5star - But a pleasant 3 star would be fair.

by TripAdvisor Member Paul111111

No shops or any thing to do apart from the intelligence insulting animation teams "entertainment" every evening. All entertainment was butlins style and generally involved some one being encouraged to remove an article of clothing! So quite tacky. Most rooms did not have a view of the sea due to the general shape and design of the hotel. We had a wall outside our ground floor balcony.

There was ants under the bed and on most surfaces. We were both bitten 4 or 5 times and had several large sores by the end of the week. Mosquitos/nats were in the bathroom most days after the cleaner had been. The entire hotel was several years overdue a repaint.

The hotel private beach was small. Sun loungers were in great need of repair and sun lounger mattresses were filthy with an entire seasons worth of sweat and sun cream on them.

Food was average but not awful. Vodka was watered down. Waiters were very un attentive and every time we asked for a drink we were given short measues in plastic childrens beakers. The bar staff were definitely following instructions to dispense the least amount of alcohol as possible to everyoone

The only positve was that the pool was fantastically clean however to give them a fair review.

I felt very uncomfortable leaving my passport at reception upon their insistance. When I asked for a receipt in case they lost it they refused. I would recommend all travellers take a photo copy with them of their passport to avoid having to trust a total stranger with ones most British precious passport over night

We paid GBP550 for two persons all inclusive for a weeks worth of non stop food and booze. So with standing all of the above it was nt actually that bad value for money, even though i wouldnt recommend the hotel to any one. We would rate this hotel 3 out of 5. It was just OK.

Not a 5* but a pleasant hotel with potential

by TripAdvisor Member Wealth

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days from the 10th-16th September. Me and my friend had a night flight from Gatwick arriving at about 5am Turkish time at the hotel.

Reviews I had read about this hotel prior to my trip was not good, but I like to give things the benefit of the doubt as people have differing opinions about things.

On arrival the reception staff where very friendly and attentive. There was a lady already complaining about getting water and reviews about the hotel to the man on the desk. The foyet of the hotel was quite unusually shaped and looked clean and very nice.

On arrival to our room I was extremely disappointed. The bathroom was more like a 2* with mould around the bath edge, a shower curtain that was faded and looked as if it was ready to fall of and ugly pink tiles that looked faded. On showering I found that the water was not going down the hole, called a man who said he fixed the problem but did not. By the Thursday the cleaner fixed the problem.

Definately not a 5* hotel standard of bathroom and I have stayed in a 4* hotel that was excellent. The rest of the room looked okay and was a good size, although there was a cob web and dust under the furniture. I would not rate the romm as 5* at all. We had a pool/sea view which was nice. The room and bathroom. could do with a complete refurb.

The food was okay, I got fed up of continually eating.The waiter staff where very friendly. The eating area could have been a bit cleaner.

The pool area was clean. Not much of a beach, very stoney which could be dangerous for children and on feet. The animation/entertainment team where very friendly, not my type of entertainment though taking place in a large open air theatre. Could have made more use of the space and improve on the type of entertainment and music. On speaking with the team, it was explained that they are not professionals. I gave them some ideas of how to improve for the future.

I would not stay at this hotel again and have sent a email with my comments to the management with areas of improvement. This is no way a 4* or 5* hotel and requires a full refurbishment in all areas to bring it up to standard. Turkey is a beautiful country with a very friendly, warm people. The staff at this hotel made my stay enjoyable. I hope they can sort things out as the hotel has potential.

great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member daleh039

went on this holiday with my nan and grandad and my little brother
even tho im only 15 i enjoyed the holiday and defiantly would go back

we arrived late at night about 5 Turkish time and the people at the reception were very friendly and could speak good English we got a room but we wasn't satisfied so asked for a change an they changed it later in the day. the bathroom was disappointing probably 3 star but we only showered and used the toilet in there so no real problem for us.

the entertainers were fantastic and very friendly we became mates with them soon as we arrived. the bar and restaurant staff were great and friendly top swanky food great choice available.

there was a pool with slides and we had lots of great times there annoying the security guards with our mates.

the beach was a bit rocky and i almost cut my feet but its ok if you get far out

had great time using the free sauna, Turkish bath, gym and jacuzzi

over all a good holiday and enjoyed every second i think my nan and grandad and my little brother enjoyed too.

we would all like to go back!!!

Just about very average

by TripAdvisor Member rigmu

On arrival was so dissapointed with room,bathroom grotty (a 10 second shower each day).The reception was in total darkness and only switched lights on when we had rung bell.
Was so dissapointed with general appearence(paint flaking off external walls and fairly delapidated external furniture) that i spent next day looking for alternative accomodation.
My partner convinced me to stay where we were as it was only for a week and we would have incurred a fair expense to shift hotels.
As the week progressed , I realised that it did have some comendable points.The food was always well presented and tasty and all staff really went out of their way to help and look after you.The pool area was pretty good,the beach was reasonable and the views were terrific.
There were two external bars,the fixtures and seating were fairly delapidated but the service was good.They have no internal bar,so if there is a thunderstorm which we had,the outside bars are closed and that is end of drinkies.
I understand it is closing in 2 weeks for major refurbishment,which is well overdue.At the moment it resembles a hotel that was nice when first built, but has had no money spent on it in probably 15-20 years.
It could be so good,heres hoping bthe refurb is a good one.
On a final note,take plenty mossie spray!!!!!!

Unbelievable "Hotel from Hel"l

by TripAdvisor Member MT2006

Well were do I start I suppose the best place would be when I arrived at the hotel it was 3am local time and to my astonishment I had to carry my suitcase down three flights of stairs and up another very steep spiral staircase to my room. Now I was told Mountain View or Pool View but to my amazement my view was the door of room 401 and all the other rooms in that block. We were right next to the main road which sounded like I was staying next to the M4 (very Noisey). Our room wasn't to bad, we had most of the ammenities but could have done with a good clean. The food was terrible I can mostly stomach anything but this was just tastless tat that if we didnt eat it for breakfast they would just bring it out for lunch. There were 11 of us in our family break and every single person was ill on this holiday with stomach cramps and being sick. This was not a coincedence the place was filthy. The staff were very ignorant and about as helpful as a blow up dart board. The entertainment was really bad they had a show in the Ampi theatre which after 5 minutes we all walked out of because there was no preparation at all and we retired to the loungers for some watered down alcohol. I like a drink but no matter how much we all drank it seemed to have no effect on anyone. With all this in mind we spent everynight going out to Bodrum at extra cost to ourselves, but we were left very little choice I wasnt going to let the hotel ruin my well needed break. Once in Bodrum we all had fantastic time, just a shame we had to go back to Alcatraz everynight. Do go to the area just dont stay here!!!!!!!

Take My Advice Do Not Book This Place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SV1967

What can I say really that the title does not cover here. We arrived as a party of eleven and we all had reservations from reading the various review sites on line, and guess what OH MY GOD! this place was dreadful. Every member of our party had stomach problems throughout the week! I will pretty much eat anything and always get great value when we book an all inclusive! BUT NOT THIS TIME! The food is awful! The hotel is described as a 5* and we did go with an open mind, bearing in mind we paid under £300 per person, however I would rather have donated the money to charity and stayed home. This hotel would not rate as a 3* in the UK. I know we were in Turkey but my family and I were there in June and what a fab time and great hotel (Aegeandream.com. save a bit extra and go there), So they can do it if a "little" effort is applied! All of the staff were moody and generally unhappy to help with anything. The decoration is appalling, we suffered water leaks, the security door chain came off in my hand and a menmber of our party almost lost thier w.c roll holder down the pan! Seriously do not go to the awful hell hole on earth!!! AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I do believe all of our party are writing reviews on here so therofre it cannot just be me. I really am not a moaning person. If you doubt my review "AT YOUR PERIL"

Hell Hole

by TripAdvisor Member moandvince

myself and my family have just returned from a two week holiday at this hotel and we are still trying to recover from stomach problems. We like so many others read the reviews prior to going and hoped that the other reviewers was just being over fussy but they had indeed nailed this hotel and the problems completely on the head!!!!
We was fortunate that our three rooms where passable although we know of others who had moved multiple times before finding a room that was suitable. starting with breakfast COLD eggs eggs and more eggs, we will never eat eggs again.
moving onto the COLD lunch well the menu generally involved the left over eggs from the morning, it seems to us because it was the end of the season what food was left was used to make up some odd and disgusting concoctions. i was the lucky one out of our group of six i had sachets of medicine for my meals as i was unable to eat due to illness and my family was often found looking at my sachets lustfully but hell no they were mine. Onto the COLD dinner and this was hit and miss, sometimes the food was eatable and other times it wasn't suitable for pig swill. We have all agreed that it was our first time we have returned from holiday weighing less then we went away, so if your looking for a weight loss programme i would recomment this place.
On the plus side the pool area and beach front was nice, well thats enough of the positives and back to the negatives, we found all except for a few members of staff rude and moody and generally unhelpful and we was asked to move off our table at the tea bar because they was closing but moments later the member of staff sat his turkish family down at our table simply because they wanted our table, this was during the weekend of Ramadan finishing and the brits especially was treated badly although the food at this time did improve and was hot and then declined again after the weekend.
i would implore anyone thinking about booking this hotel please please dont, it is not value for money and infact i wouldnt stop there if paid.

Take your own alcohol!!

by TripAdvisor Member Golden_spice_girls

We were impressed with the look of the hotel when we arrived. The hotel itself is very pretty, but out of the way. The bathroom is in need of modernisation and the floors were in need of cleaning. The restaurant was ok (there was only 1), you couldn't go hungry, but the "hot" food was always cold and the alcohol was watered down - severely! Despite what's advertised, there were only two bars open (the beach and pool bar) and the latter closed at 7.00pm. The beach bar was very dark after sunset with only neon blue lights around the bar and techno music pumping out until 12am. The entertainment was appalling. The towels were not always changed and the staff were not the friendliest. We recommend going into Bodrum town: about 10 minutes by bus and costs about 80p. Well worth eating out here and finding your own entertaniment. This hotel is running their stocks down for the end of season. They ran out of breakfast/ English tea and orange juice and should have closed down 3 weeks ago. In conclusion - don't bother going! If you've already booked - Oops!
Best of luck - The Golden Spice Girls. xx

Terrible food!

by TripAdvisor Member Screwsonholiday

We have just arrived back home from a two week holiday in this hotel. Have to say that the location is in a lovely bay with great scenery but thats about as good as it gets! Our room was okay, although the bathroom needs updating, the bed was very comfortable and we had clean towels every day and bed linen changed several times during our stay. The worst thing was the food which was always cold with little choice, chicken or meatballs at every meal hardly ever potatoes or vegetables. It got to the stage where we couldn't eat in the hotel apart from bread and butter! We had to go into Bodrum to get any decent food, a ten minute bus ride away. We chatted to a great deal of the guests who all felt the same as us to the point that one day last week we were all so sick of the poor quality of the food and entertainment 33 of us went to reception to speak to the Manager.
His response was, quote" Speak to your reps and they will move you to a decent Hotel!" Not quite what we wanted to hear!!
We understood that the hotel was closing down today 22/10/07 ,the day we came back ,which was reflected in the run down feeling of this place. Everyday we were told that something had run out . I asked for a vodka and was told "vodka finished"
This place needs a total refurb, it could be great if the food, watered down drinks and the general cleanliness improved but at this moment I would say don't waste your money go somewhere else!! If we could have come home after one week we would have done so!! There is no way its a 5 star more like a 2 star!! Also avoid the Spa and therapy centre its totally disgusting down there with damp and wood shoring up the glass windows that are under the swimming pool. Its put us off Turkey for ever!!

Fantastic Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member Karen_and_Ally

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and i can honestly say we had a great time. I read the reviews before we went and was a bit worried, but we once went to a hotel that featured on holidays from hell, so thought it couldnt be that bad, and how right i was!

I'm not sure what people look out for on holiday but we paid £550 for the two of us all inclusive for a week and when you take out the price of the flight which was £130 each then the actual hotel cost us £145 for a weeks stay with all the food and drink we could consume. If someone could tell us where they could stay in Britain for that price for a week then i would love to challenge them. I honestly do think that most of the Brits need to sit down and realise that. I'm pretty sure you's dont live in 5* accomodation so dont expect to pay £145 a week for the likes.

I am an extremely fussy eater and managed to eat there no problem, granted it wasnt very hot but it was edible. The bed was the most comfortable i have ever slept in abroad and our towels were changed daily. The beach was fantastic and the water was absolutely amazing extremely clear with fish coming right up to you. Our waiter in the restaurant was the best i have ever come across, he couldnt do enough for both of us. A big hello to Abraham. I cant comment on the entertainment as we never sat by the pool and didnt go down to the ampitheatre at night.

All in all i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and recharge there batteries, thats what we went for and it did the trick for us.

Comments