Bodrum Hotels

Our Members Say

• JILLASTON profile photo JILLASTON

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Park Apartments: Gumbet

Newish family run self-catering apartments. Lovely quiet spot. It is situated up a hill about 10 minutes walk from the beach. You can walk up a much steeper incline to the central part of Gumbet, where all the bars are. The dolmus stop is about 4 minutes walk away. A supermarket is just 2 minutes walk away. There are an abundance of restaurants less than 5 minutes walk away. My biggest problem was the owner. He was permanently awake and you were made to feel thoroughly unwelcome. I found out later that all the people there felt the same way, so I'm not being paranoid! Maybe he has a problem with the Brits! He has air conditioning rates in euros and pounds on display but you pay in Lire, so he makes up his own exchange rate and gets aggressive if you disagree with his figure. Be warned that the air conditioning is positioned in the bedroom and only cools the bedroom, the living room is still suffocatingly hot. There was a problem with our toilet, so the water was just turned off. No explaination! The shower just ran cold water, no hot. If you spend every night drinking at his bar with him, you can make as much noise as you want until you decide to go to bed. Apartments centred around the pool and bar area. The pool was cleaned every day. Even though you are self-catering, you are not allowed to drink your own water outside your apartment. You leave your key with the owner when you go out and when you return, you'll find your door left open. I also noticed that my suitcase drawers and wardrobe had been opened but this definitely wasn't done to take anything, just nosiness. You must buy toilet rolls from the owner too! The bedlinen and towels were changed every other day and the apartment floor was cleaned too. Not the shower room though.

Just another Gumbet cheap and cheerful shoddily built building. Characterless, painted white. Wouldn't really recommend it unless it's got that attractive label, "very cheap!" Fabulous for backpackers. Beware, not suitable for small children, the pool is situated in the middle of the apartments with no graduated steps to get out.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, School Holidays
  • Written November 7, 2005

• JILLASTON profile photo JILLASTON

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gozegir: Bodrum-Gozegir Hotel

We stayed here for 2 whole days before being moved! This hotel is in the noisiest street in Bodrum within a stone's throw of Halikarnos nightclub which plays mind-numbingly loud music until 5am. The noise is unbearable. The hotel is jaded and badly in need of updating. We moved rooms because there were bare wires poking out behind the bed. The next room was worse. The ancient pipes (the plumbing went across the hall ceilings) vibrated all round the hotel and sounded like a cement mixer every time we pulled the toilet lever. The tiles were filthy black with mildew and cracked, and the sink, toilet and shower looked as if they had never seen a cloth. There was rubbish and broken chairs outside our window and the floor was made up of pieces of blue misfitting carpet. The wooden fixture behind the bed holding in a full-width mirror was cracked and tilting badly, and looked as if it was ready to fall on someone's head. This was a terrible shame, because the owner, Raif was very kind and couldn't do enough for us. If only he could get a grip on quite how delapidated his hotel is and put in some sound-proofing, renovate and repair the hotel and give it a decent clean! I had a miserable time here and say it is quite unsuitable for anyone at the moment.

This hotel was really authentic and quaint, if only it was cleaned up and sound-proofed. There was clutter everywhere and from the reception area, you could see lots of chairs and rubbish through a large central expanse of glass which looked like a forgotten room; maybe a lounge from long ago. Maybe, it could have been hidden a bit better. Outside, there were lots of comfy seating cushions, which I liked. There was a tiny swimming pool on the roof. It was right opposite the sea. The promenade was closed off to cars. Facilities? What facilities! The best kept secret!

• Related to: Beaches, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 6, 2005

• sproeti profile photo sproeti
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

My first vacation with the love of my life!!!!

Bodrum was beautiful and interesting!!
We arrived at night an like most people I'm was so excited that I couldn't sleep. I watched how we arrived at the airport and I was a bit disapointed because it was so dark that I couldn't see how Bodrum was by night.
We took a big bus to go to our hotel and that took us 2 hours, so the time we got there, everybody was sleeping, even the most excited one, me!!
The hotel was in the middle of knowwhere and i feld like we were stranded in the desert and left to die.
None of us were happy to see the circumstances of the hotel and we asked the upgrate our class and we got a 5 * hotel.
That was beautiful, with 2 big swimming pools and a beautiful room.
It was an all-in with a European buffet and a Turkish buffet and it was very delicious!!
And after all that there was a buffet with different desserts also.
We stayed there for 8 days and we really had a marvellous time!!
The only thing I regret was that we were 100 km from Bodrum so we had to take a bus or a taxi, and they are expensive in Turky. To go to Bodrum it was a 2 hour drive, so we only did it 2 times.

If you want to go to Bodrum, make sure you are very close to the centrum of Bodrum!!!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 22, 2005

The other hotel

• erendilight profile photo erendilight

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Munahan Boutique Hotel: nice inn

Situated within easy reach of the town centre, surrounding beaches and the airport, Munahan is the perfect Bodrum address. Whether you are in Bodrum for rest or play, their aim is to provide you with luxury and comfort during your stay.

Telephone
TV & Mini-bar
Full air-conditioning
Laundry & office services
Safe deposit boxes in each room
BREAKFAST is served
at the restaurant or by the pool.
POOL AND JACUZZI are open all hours, with the exception of cleaning

• Written July 24, 2005

• erendilight profile photo erendilight

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aloha Villa: stone houses

This unique old stonehouse is perfectly situated for a Bodrum based holiday. From this tranquil corner you are within walking distance of the bustling town and the medieval castle.
The house is situated on the hillside of the southern harbor overlooking Bodrum. It is only 10 min walking distance into the heart of town and only 200 meters from the sea. The house has a very individual modern style combined with Turkish tradition.
3 bedrooms. The total indoor space offered is 200 m².

• Written July 24, 2005

• Tdiver profile photo Tdiver
  • Reviews: 1227

Gundem resort hotel: Heaven

Service was great,amenities all worked,staff looked after me and my wife plus friends very well.5 km from Bodrum town centre and 1km from Gumbet centre made it quiet and restful,lots of sea fun to be had,diving boat just to the right along the beach.

Beautiful view,pool perfect,staff great.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Water Sports, Budget Travel
  • Written June 17, 2005

Hotel pool

• melisbilsel profile photo melisbilsel
  • Reviews: 41

Casablanca: Golkoy - turkbuku

we just went there by car
search for and b&b place
saw it, and decided to stay there
only place that music all around
lovely--smooth
and so kindly services
Deniz, hope next may u will be again there, to serve us lovely breakfasts.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written October 12, 2004

we are there 4th of october ,2004

• Alikatt profile photo Alikatt
  • Reviews: 117

4 Reasons Hotel Yalikavak: serene beautifully located boutique hotel

Service was supeb, views are fantastic, amenities are first rate, food offered at the Bistro was fresh and excellent. The owners Esra and Ali were as hospitable as can be. They decorated the place beautifully and tastefully with Turkish antiques. In the surroundings and the rooms, they paid attention to harmony with nature. I certainly recommend it to everyone coming to the Bodrum peninsula although it is a bit far from Bodrum itself and it it nowhere near the beach.

Pool is nicely located with hill views and sea views. The hotel is located just above an orchard to it is green everywhere. There are rocks (I am thinking Zen) that surround the bed. Every room has a balcony and they thoughtfully added drying lines for clothes that are hidden and unassuming. Food is fresh and delicious. Staff offered oustanding, polite service. They have a nice website and have been featured in many design and modern living magazines.

• Related to: Photography, Sailing and Boating, Beaches
  • Written August 20, 2004

picture perfect setting

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5106

Menekse Pansiyon

Pensions are expensive in Bodrum. First I went to Sevim Pension, but for 40 000 000 TL I was getting a small dark room I didn't like.
I went to look for another place and found Menekse Pansion.
It is a very pleasant and quiet place and the owner Nihal is a kind women.
I had a simple but nice room with bathroom and paid
30 000 000 TL. Breakfast is 5 000 000 TL extra.

• Written August 14, 2004

Ali from Izmit

• Cat1976 profile photo Cat1976
  • Reviews: 51

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Ersan Holiday Village: Show me the way to the Bar!

I booked this hotel over the internet, really didn't know anything about it, and was absolutely delighted when I got there.

Not calling myself a heavy drinker here but I could not escape from the bars in the complex. Not only because there were so many, but because they were all so different. There was the lounge bar inside the hotel, then the hareem bar and one by the beach and the one I loved the most was on decking above the water, had enormous cushions and views out to sea.

There are activities throughout the day including tennis and basketball, plenty of pool based activities and the hotel also has it's own watersports down by the 'beach'.

I could have stayed there the entire holiday!

Brilliant general Pool with giant water slide (first time my friend had been on one...the poor kids staying at the hotel did not get a look in) as well as a shallow childrens pool.

Plenty of bars (think I may have already mentioned that) and plenty of activities to

• Written November 27, 2003
Tip Photo

• drxym profile photo drxym
  • Reviews: 73

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Salmakis: Salmakis Hotel capsule review

Salmakis is a package holiday kind of a place so I'd thought I'd give a capsule review of it as I spent two weeks there.

First the good. The hotel is clean, interesting architecturally, the buffet breakfast is pretty good, the beach is reasonable with decent sunbeds and amazingly clear water. If you go deluxe you get a well furnished room with carpet and balcony but the basic rooms look pretty spartan with a tiled floor and balcony cum entrance which could jut straight onto a path.

The Salmakis is handily situated midway between Gumbet and Bodrum meaning both resorts are open to you. It's even possible to walk into Gumbet over the hill in ten minutes or so, but the taxi is only a few euros. To get to Bodrum the best way is to catch the ferry boats which run every ten minutes and are equally cheap.

The bad is that the hotel would fail miserably on EU building safety codes. While it is architecturally interesting, there are too many uneven surfaces to trip and fall on, too many sharp hard things to smash your head on if you're not careful (e.g. marble light fittings sticking out of the wall) and inadequate signposting. And if you're disabled then forget it as the place has no lifts and plenty of stairs. The place is an absolute maze and I can well imagine people becoming hopelessly lost in a fire.

Also, the hotel has a petty streak running through it. No outside food or drink is allowed on hotel grounds at all - perhaps they think this will increase minibar / restaurant sales but it had the opposite effect for me since I was determined to beat the system. Also, you must rent safety deposit keys and even the mats for the sunbeds. It just strikes me as pettiness which sours an otherwise reasonable stay. Perhaps this is common to all package hotels so take this as non-exclusive behaviour for the region.

So all in all, it's a fairly good package holiday hotel. Location wise I don't think you could do much better unless you really want to confine yourself to Gumbet or Bodrum for the most part.

• Written July 24, 2003

• Luchonda profile photo Luchonda
  • Reviews: 2339

Our boat "Pinarim": Enjoy nature during Turkish Nights

Flagged out by my daughter - exciled to sleep on deck of the "Pinarim" - it was her greatest idea - i slept never that comfortable - under the sun and moon of Turkey !!
Thx to the crew and the german friends dealing this stressless holiday !

• Written April 17, 2003

Friends

• Luchonda profile photo Luchonda
  • Reviews: 2339

Our boat "Pinarim": Turkish best Hotel

Small rooms - but clean and typical for cruise holidays.
I travelled with my daughter - she claimed already after the first night her room.
So I slept the remaining days on deck - but this was just great - temperature in september more than acceptable and awaking was together with the crew members - so WE could prepare breakfast for the guests !

A unique holiday !!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Cruise, Sailing and Boating
  • Written April 17, 2003

Sailing

• pretty33555 profile photo pretty33555

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aphrodite: a place of tears and laughter:)

Unfortunately Afrodite didn't turn out to be a Goddess.
It was 4stars hotel, but it could be hardly 3stars. The service has a LOOOOOOng way to go.
First 2 days now and then we (I went there with my papa and mama) had to cause a scandal. It seemed to me that all the personal had fallen in eternal sleep, they didn't care about the needs of clients.So,no comments about that.
However as I'm an incorrigible optimist I found many positives sides there. For example comfortable climate (it wasn't that stiffy) with slight breeze.
The only ppl, who really took their work seriously were nice guys from the animation team:))))))))) The shows they made up were unforgattable! Basicly I owe my belly's strong muscles to them. I had never rolled of laughter like that before:)))))))
Then I met a very nice company there who made my staying there unforgettable, we all laughed, took humouredly all those disadvantages of "Afrodite". Thus the hotel,of which my parents are still shocked, became the place of my sweetest memories .

they are: tender velvet sea, comfortable climate, great animation shows and having fun with my friends!
CRAZY DAYS!!!!!!!!
My parents are shocked, I DID like it!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 14, 2003
Tip Photo

• boys_bodrum profile photo boys_bodrum
Guest Suites Hotel: One nice Boutique Hotel

The hotel has 10 suites and only 3 minutes walk to Bodrum Marina. Rooms: direct line telephone, 20 channel satelite Tv, alarm clock with FM radio, minibar, central heating, air-condition, hair dryer.

Well-Bar is a delightful choice for relaxing and socializing. Restaurant, heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna, covered car park and well equiped health centre is also available.

The Hotel also has an private Motor Yacht for the use of its guests with extra charge. Relax in a magical atmosphere.

• Written December 7, 2002