Medisun

Booking.com Otel.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 154% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Medisun

Loved all holiday but especially Turkish bath

by TripAdvisor Member Sally8

The reviews for this hotel are terrible but from my point of view it was THE BEST holiday I have had.
The staff are all polite, friendly, the room clean, the food very good and varied.
The service was first class, it is close to the beach which is beautiful.
The Turkish Bath is an experience in itself, it is something you would never experience in the UK, value for money, professional service. They are such friendly staff, the manners are excellent.
I went as a group of three and we all loved it and are going back again.
It is a first class service, the reviews do not do the hotel and staff justice, so I hope this will. The other reviews nearly put me off but it was THE best holiday experience.
Turkey is beautiful and the Medisun Hotel offers a wonderful base to view it all from

dont believe everything in the reviews

by TripAdvisor Member ella7

After reading the reviews of the Medisun hotel, i was left terrified at what i was to expect. First i must say the pick up at both ends was 1st Class, Yes i agree the hotel wasn`t 4* but then we didnt pay 4* money , Our room was large slept 4 comfortably with air condition, could of done with a balconary , The food was ok, yes there was allot of salad, well my family never went hungery especially with the snack bar burgers were really nice, My children lived in the clean pool . The animation team were poor and could of done allot more with the children. we spent a fab day at the water park well worth a visit which is only 15 minutes on the dolmbus, Bodrum is about half an hour away and is beautiful yes you do get a little hazzle with the shop owner but that all part of being in Turkey . Yes there was people moaning but then you always get them

good vodka poor food good staff

by TripAdvisor Member wghhosp

My first time in turkey wont be my last. The hotel is not 4 star more 2-3. Our room was comfortable and clean, cleaned every day if you wished. Air condition exellent.

I had read many reviews before going some good some bad.
Food no choice very bland but if you are on a budget you should find something edible. Breakfast consists of boiled eggs, sometimes scrambled, and the usual cold meats.

Drink: Effies beer very good local vodka likewise, ask for pepsi.
Yahsi beach very nice lots of bars and restaurants offering good food. Viva restaurant also known as Jimmy/s excellant, Jimmy has all the patter but well worth trying. Hami the chef does great steaks and mexican dishes. Meal for two including wine 50 ntl
approx £18.

Local bus service to Bodrum and surrounding areas is excellent
2.75l to bodrum app 40 min.

The Medisun hotel is value for money dont expect to much and you will enjoy.

worst holiday ever

by TripAdvisor Member RachPaul

We had booked to stay at the Silver Beach Hotel in Yalikavak. We arrived at Bodrunm airport and were told that the Silver Beach Hotel had closed down and we had to go and spend our weeek at the Medisun, only to be informed the next day that the Silver Beach had infact reopend.

There were 3 of us who were on on our holiday me, my boyfriend and our friend. On our arrival we were allocated one room for the 3 of us to share, not the romantic scene we had imagined especially as we had booked a villa at the Silver Beach

We had to complain to our rep who we saw once on whole stay in order for us to get an extra room.

The food was of a very poor quality in which we couldn't find anything to eat except from potaotes and the tiny pizzas which weren't up to much either so we had to eat out every night in order for us to have something to eat.

However on our first night we went to check the beach bars out which were 150m away. We gave 20 lira for 1 drink and didn't get our change. They refused to give us our change back claiming we had not paid for previous drinks

The swimming pool and the scenery at the beach was nice and everyone we met was friendly however they were also meant to be staying at the Silver Beach.so the medisun would have been dead if the sudden closure of the silver beach hotel did not happen. however there was one family who was meant to be there.

We were booked on an all inclusive deal which i must say was laughable.

You had to pay for your omletes at breakfast, ice creams, and drinks after 11pm

we went to the bar at 10.45 to order drinks for our party and was told no your table is full even though it was some people sat at the other end of the table who were not with us and as soon 11pm came we ordered our drinks and were given them at a price. We never saw them ring the drinks through a till and i can only assume that our hard earned money was lining their pockets.

We really enjoyed the lack of entertainment which was none existant except for one night where we got 15 minutes of belly dancing wow.

i must say that i have never been so pleased to see Manchester Airport as i was at the end of the holiday.

i must say the that the sleezy Turkeish people who followed the younger girls into the toilets would put me off returning to Turkey any time soon.

I must say that i would not return to the Medisun Hotel.

holiday from hell

by TripAdvisor Member bimboloo

Having arrived in turkey to be told that the hotel that we originally had booked which was a 3 star plus with 4 pools 3 bars all inclusive had got problems, which we finally found out later that it had been closed and we should have been notified 2 weeks previously, but we had been up graded to the 4 star medisun.we thought ah well it can only be better, how wrong can you be, the first room we had had twin beds when we had requested a double with a balcony,when we opened the window it opened directly onto a corragated roof after several phone calls locally and to the uk we had a room up grade with a double bed and a balcony which is what we had booked in the first place our balcony faced wall covered in weeds and there were weeds growing over the balcony.the bathroom door did not open to the full because of the bath being there. The shower screen looked as if it hadnt been cleaned , the mirror was very old and had half the silver finish missing.the room had no fridge as stated in the hand out we were given although we asked for one, it never arrived.For a 4 star all inclusive the food was terrible salads were never replaced once the plates were empty. Main course was a chioce of 2 dishes which we spooned onto your plate by the chefs it was like being at school,one lunch time we were served eggy bread topped with chips as a main course.We have stayed in all inclusive hotels before but not one a bad as this one. the hotel should be down graded to a 2 star the standard of this hotel was very poor to say the least. Staff could speak very little engish and were very un helpfull. No entertainment unless it was the snake charmmer and you had to pay to see him.You also had to pay for ommlettes fresh orange juice. If you like hard boiled eggs for breakfast you will be okay or hotdog sausages in tomato soup, that was your hot breakfast. I f you are on a very low budget then this hotel may suit you, even the chicken was padded out with bread to make it go further, mash was instant. If you do decide to stay at the Medisun hotel you will need to bring a spare sheet for you bed as you only get one, as this the one you be lying on.We would not reccommed this hotel to any one unless you too would like the holiday from hell.

Last minute holiday

by TripAdvisor Member LeedsNicola

My husband and I booked this holiday at the last minute to escape the terrible english weather and we certainly did that. The weather was fantastic the whole week we were there.
We had not booked transfers with our holiday as we had booked it to late to do this, however no problem getting a taxi at the airport, so arrived at hotel quickly with no hassle, unlike some people who had booked transfers. One suggestion would however be to pay in sterling to avoid any confusion regarding conversion rates. It cost us £35 each way.
I had read mixed reviews about the medisun but can honestly say it was good value for money. Some people seemed intent on complaining, I often wondered if they were staying at the same place. Yes the rooms were basic certainly not 4 star. However, I did not go on holiday to stay in my room, and at least it was clean with good air conditioning, which was a godsend.
FOOD
People have commented on the food, but although not a la carte, there was always something that you could eat, you certainly would not starve. Bearing in mind how much you were exactly paying.
The snack bar during the day served freshly made burgers, chips and pizzas which were great if you did not fancy breakfast or lunch. The staff were always friendly enough.
ENTERTAINMENT
The enertainment was a bit lacking but not a problem as we met some lovely people to have a chat and a drink with. If I had been booking a family holiday when my children were younger this may have been different, as I would have focused more on it be children orientated, but the fact that there were not too many children, made it all the more relaxing.
DRINKS
Soft drinks were the real thing, ie pepsi, sprite and although would have a like a cider or bacardi forced myself to have wine and vodka, so again not a problem, you just have to go with the flow. All inclusive finished at 11 but you could keep on drinking you just had to pay after 11.
As we were only there for a week and wanted to relax we pretty much stayed around the hotel, although we did go to Bodrum to get some cash, much admit, didnt realise just how much would be able to use sterling at the resort so would have taken more if realised.
We also went on a boat trip from the hotel costing £10 each which was really enjoyable, this included transfer and lunch on board.
All in all really enjoyed our time in Turkey and although was not somewhere I was particularly keen to go, would go again, possibly even to the Medisun although I tend to try different places

I want more than 3 chips!

by TripAdvisor Member Tinklebell

Where do I start? We had booked to go to a 3 star hotel in Yalikavak, but a few days before we were due to go, we recieved an e-mail informing us that the hotel had shut down and they were offering us a different hotel. With it being a 4 star hotel, we thought we had got a good deal...but how wrong were we! The entire two weeks, both me and my partner and everyone else we spoke to, suffered from some sort of stomach upset and dihorea!! Also, everyone else we spoke to, had booked to go to the same hotel that we did and had all been moved here. We did wonder just how many people would actually be here if we had all gone to the 1st hotel. I over herd some people talking and they said "I admit it, I am the only one who seems to have actually booked to be here!"
Our rooms wern't bad, however the toilet STANK! And one first day the shower blocked and we couldnt get rid of the water. After resolving that, the shower began to leak all over the floor! So really..we couldn't win! You could hear everything next doors said as clear as a bell!And the racket it made when coming down the stairs to our fllor in flip flops was unbelievable! The cleaners were good, however, if you dont want you money taken while your out, keep it hidden!We didnt know that the cleaners would just presume that any money we left lying around was a tip for them!
The bar was good although you had to pay for other vodkas and any cocktails. Spirits are not measured and all drinks during the day are served in plastic cups which are, alot of the time dirty. The bar staff are complete sleezes! So keep your daughters away from the bar! On our last night we ordered 7 beers before 11 o'clock for us and the people we were sitting with, but because there were people sharing the table with us (but were not with us) the bar staff refused and said we had too many on the table, but after 11 o'clock, they were more than happy to give us the beers, even delivering them to our table for a heafty 21 YTL! I would say you had to pay for everything except the local spirits and beers, even ice-creams!I can safely say that I have never been to an all inclusive and had to pay for an ice-cream.
If you like to eat ALOT of salad and dont eat much hot food, then this is the place for you! However, if you like more than one spoon full of rice, and more than 3 chips, then you would not be impressed by the food here. And dont be suprised if the chefs look shocked if you ask for more! One night, I was given a chiken BONE in sauce and the tiniest wing u have ever seen!
Entertainment was none exitant, with the exeption of some turkish dancers one night followed by a belly dancer who removes all the drunken mens tops and gets them to dance with her. The pool was the best entertainment and the little snack bar was good, however, sometimes there were mice pizzas made which me and my boyfriend did not find too appetising!
Everyone we spoke to told us that when they got home, they were going to complain and try to get compensation!
Watch out for bush fires as well!While we were there, they was a large one on a mountain in Bodrum, and one on our last day right next to the hotel!
The beach is a couple of minutes away lined with restaurants, but watch out for one called "Vira's" we had a good meal, and another couple were there and the waiter tried to steal her bag!Bodrum market is crazy!And just sells the same things really; bags, jewellery, T-shirts and toys (all fake of course). I wouldnt bother with a taxi, the bus is the best thing to get as it is cheap and runs frequently, however, we did crash on our way to Bodrum once! Not bad though, just a bump but they all drive like looneys over there so be prepaired!
On the whole, this hotel was brobably a poor 2 star, no way near a 4! It did not ruin my holiday, but it gave me something to complain about!

nice hotel, nice vacation - looking for a contact with a girl met there

by TripAdvisor Member V1kt0r

The hotel was ok, the food was good and the overall impression was good. Pool was good, however a little bit cold.
I met a beautiful girl. She was one of the guests. I don't even know her name. I will be desperately looking a way to contact her through the internet. Mission impossible?
I saw her there for the first time on July 17 and she was with 2 other girls I guess and a woman. I don't even know from which country she was. I talked to her briefly near the tennis court. Who knows, maybe she will read it and respond some day...

WHAT A DISGRACE

by TripAdvisor Member Chardoney

oh my god. I hadnt been on holiday in7years so decised to go away with cousins and there boyfriend for a surprise for his birthday.well. what a surprise it was indeed.
I had taken my young daughter who is only 22months old,Now after the maddy mccann story you think they'd pay attention.Me and one of my cousins were put in one single room2single beds squeezed together and a pull down bed for my daughter put right up agains the window,which to open the window you flick the handle up. Now my daughter can climb so1-to put a child bed next to a window which is easy to open is on the second floor and doesn't have bars on window to protect kids is disgraceful. They never put people with prams on the ground floor they put them on2nd which was alot of hassle pulling buggys up and down stairs allday. There was bats flying around in reception. They have no respect for customers there rude. they were going to charge me for milk for my daughters bottle which she didnt have all week in the end. The fridge in the rooms is like a radiator i got an engineer up he said it wuld need changed and i never heard back after that. My daughter ate rice all week and i had salad all week,its like prison food,tried to look good.
The bar staff are sleezes, they new my cousin was with her lad and still tried to get in about her. I got a fake tattoo with henna ink by a guy in his late40's who is based in the hotel grounds next to the bar and im only just turned20with a 22month old baby and he came and asked me to go out for drinks with him,which he got told straight away. They charge you with some drinks and when you gave them money they didnt have a till behind bar and several times we never got our change bak. There was people taken pictures of wee kids on there own which i find extremely wrong especially with kidnappings going on. They tried to take a picture of my daughter but i told them where to go. The entertainment was on the night before we went and it was a total of half and hour15mins of turkish dancers15mins of a belly dancer which made men take there tops off and dance so she easnt really dancing.Got bed sheets changed once ina whole week.And the bus there takes hour and half cause he stops off places and drives extremely dangerous i feel very lucky to b home. I will never be returning back to turkey again its disgusting i hope they close down. I would of rather payed the money i did to stay in a travel logged in my home town for a week than go there. It makes you realise how lucky you are to live where you do rather than there.

Believe everything you read and stay away

by TripAdvisor Member SomersetSomersetsue

Everything you read about this hotel being a dump is true, We are not fussy and I really never usually say anything not having to and having stayed at plenty of all inclusive hotels 3 star up there is always plenty of choice to eat and to please everyone, here for breakfast you get bread or salad, for lunch the same salad and a man serving you 3 meatballs and a scoop of rice that was the choice no meats no fish no chicken to help yourself to, dinner the same. I complained to be told that it was not possible to do good food on what people pay which at approx £1'000 for 2 adults and 1 child is not cheap and other hotels manage to do it, so why not them.
Mehmet and Meltem the 2 main bar staf were surly and rude and kept asking for tips and the kids club, well, I let my 6 year old Daughter go and then realised that the kids club woman was at the bar getting a drink half an hour after I left my Daughter, I rushed down and got her, her and 5 other kids were there on their own and I doubt the woman even realised she was gone after Maddy McCann as well!!! Dont hand your postcards in to reception they sit there for the whole week not posted, till I moaned.
The tattoo man was pleasant enough and the snack bar chef was a joy and the busiest man there. The entertainment other than half an hour turkish dancing was non existant unles you want to play water polo or aqua aerobics every day with a rude man called rasoul;.There were no balconys the rooms were not cleaned well and our toilet stunk when we moaned we were given freshner blocks bleach might have been better, the drain by the kids pool positively stunk all day long.
On the plus side the mixers were pepsi or 7 up so the drinks tasted okay and the sun shone, temp 101*.
Complaining wont help and I strongly reccommend you avoid this hotel like the plague, like the lady above it has put me right off Turkey, There is nothing at all I would say positive to anyone about this place.

The Windmills that you passThe Windmills that you pass

SG 115 Pacoz Bay, Bodrum.SG 115 Pacoz Bay, Bodrum.

Rob at the castleRob at the castle

Bob in the MuseumBob in the Museum

Bodrum-advice

by mangueirense

Hello,

now me and my boyfriend decided to go to Turkey, and we will fly to Bodrum! :-)

Who has been to Bodrum before and could give some insider advice about bars, restaurants, must sees and so on?
Would like to haave also must sees around Bodrum, maybe the nearer beaches and cities, reachable in a one-day-tour.

We will stay in hotel "Medisun" in Ortakent near Bodrum...does anybody know this hotel ??
How is the beach there, food, rooms, staff, etc?
And is Bodrum -centre well to reach with a dolmus from the hotel (price and how long does it takes)?

Would like to receive answers also from people who ae in Bodrum this time, maybe we could meet each other??

Greetings
mangueirense

Re: Bodrum-advice

by Kalulu

Choice os restaurants is extensive (better in Bodrum)but mainly turkish cuisine and pizzas. Make sure you check the prices before you go in and sit though. You can be conned sometimes. There isn't really a beach at Bodrum but Ortakent has a long stretch of beach which can be quite pebbly. There's a Dolmus between the 2 resorts. Entertainment in both quite good, more to do and see in Bodrum...lots of nightlife and cultural & archaelogical stuff. There are excursions to to other resorts and some greek islands. A must see are the ruins of mausoleum...used to be one of the 7 wonders of the world. Hope this helps. Cheers Sam.

Re: Bodrum-advice

by Regalbird

Hi I stayed in Gumbet just outside of Bodrum about 5 years ago. Bodrum is a lively place with a good night life. Expect to haggle for absolutely everything and allow lots of time to do this (sometimes as much as half an hour!) Some people we met took a WEEK to haggle for a fake watch! The scuba diving out of that area is great. Ephasus (I think thats how its spelt) - one of the 7 ancient wonders of the world is definately worth a look. It can get very hot there so take a drink. A word of advice - think very carefully about going out on your own to town centres and beaches if your female. You will get some very enthusiastic attention from the Turkish males. They see foreign women as 'easy' and will persue/hassle you in the street. I went diving for the day while my friend said she would do some shopping. I returned to find her locked inside our appartment looking a bit shaken because she had been accosted twice and the only way she could lose them was by hiding inside! Having said that if you are sensible they are harmless enough and Turkey is a nice place. The domus's are an experience not to be missed. They are supposed to hold about 12 people often it is nearer 20! but they are cheap and efficient.
Finally, have a good time!

Comments