Rixos Bodrum

Rixos Premium Bodrum
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 245% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Suzze's Profile Photo

A wonderful stay in the Rixos!

We booked this week in Turkey just as a break from everything and wanted just a nice relaxing peaceful hotel to go to. We came last year in June 2006. We could not have picked a better place to stay.The hotel has been built in a pinetree forest and the setting is beautiful. It's a four star plus and I was really pleased to stay here. My husband and I came with our daughter and her friend. The hotel was first class, right on the beach which had it's own yacht to take you around the bay for breakfast or at sunset, at no extra charge. You do have to book the yacht the day before as it's limited space. This hotel was all inclusive and the service and food was excellent. You had a choice of resturants to go to, I think there were five in all but you had to book the day before except the buffet restuarant and the pool one. There was french, italian, chinese, mexican and a BBQ. The hotel boasted it's own little island that you could walk out on to from a boardwalk. It had the nightclub on it so it was well away from everything else. The girls needless to say spent most of their time on it! I could not fault this hotel it was in a beautiful setting and quite refined without making you feel uncomfortable. It also has a fantastic spa, turkish baths, saunas and indoor pool. We had to experience the local turkish baths on my daughter's insistance. So we booked one in Bodrum, and it was an experience too. The people that run it were so lovely and friendly.
    The hotel was quite out of the way from Bodrum which I liked anyway. There was nothing outside of the hotel that you could walk out to. The hotel provided you with a mini bus that would take you out into Bodrum and bring you back, or you could get the local bus.
    The hotel had it's own entertainment most evenings and it was very good, with dancing shows in the outdoor theatre to singers in the pool bar. It was all a good atmosphere. The rooms were clean and big. We could not have fault this hotel, which is unusual for us!

More about Rixos Bodrum

The most wonderful holiday experience of our life.

by TripAdvisor Member janey211074

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have the honeymoon we never had (6 years later) at the Rixos Hotel. Our children were staying back in England with their grandparents so we were looking for a hotel couple friendly, and 'boy' did we pick the right one! From the moment we arrived at the Rixos we were treated like royalty, the staff could not have been more accommodating. Our room was very spacious and airy with the most beautiful view of the sea from the balcony. The private beach is just lovely and just a stone's throw away from the good sized swimming pool. There were lots of food venues to choose from but we managed to try every restaurant in a week. The buffet style restaurant was more child friendly and possibly like a very classy Butlins style atmosphere, if that makes sense. The French restaurant was by far our favourite but we could only get in the one night as it proved popular so book early. The Mexiican was also very nice and was the Italian which we sampled at lunch too. The bar was very stylish within the building and very comfortable.

I felt I had to write this review given the recent write ups on this site. Believe me my husband and I are very fussy customers indeed and from reading some reviews I just do not know what people want. Perhaps the staff appearing rude was a slight language barrier, personally I found them very kind, but speak as you find. If you are looking for a special holiday in Turkey then the Rixos Hotel Bodrum as it all. My husband and I are 32 and 33 if that helps.

Brits avoid Rixos

by TripAdvisor Member cyclopse2

My wife and I, both early 50's have just returned from the Rixos Bodrum, we scoured the brochures for something a bit different this year, and decided on the this hotel with its 5* rating, 5* it is not, having arrived at the hotel at 5pm on the first day we had to wait an hour because our room was not ready, the room although fairly large has inadequate wardrobe and storage space, 1 chair, and I can confirm no plug in the sink! The main buffet resaurant, or 'bun fight' is full of kids running around, and waiters who only do something when the bosses are nearby, the food is unimaginative, and sprouts were on the menu for breakfast and dinner, straight up. The hotel is clearly set up for the Russians and Turkish holidaymaker, who between them take up 80% of the space, and very rude to, the brits and anyone else take up the rest, and while I do not want the usual Irish bars and fish and chips, we are very low in the pecking order for service, we usually go to 4* half board, and have done some All Inc. but although the location is good, and some of the additional restaurants, along with the Russians being given as many free child places this year as possible, I would rate this as a 3*+ hotel, the much raves about Island with discos etc, was open two nights, the rst of the time it was shut for VIP's, we would not consider booking here again.

lovely Rixos

by TripAdvisor Member AlexJWales

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Hotel Rixos Bodrum, after seeing the mixed reviews we were a little concerned, however, we have to say that we found that overall the hotel was excellent, our only negative was that the rooms may only have a view of the rooms in front, so may be worth paying the extra for a seaview. As stated in previous reviews the hanging space was very small for 3 people, however, we had no problems with the water in the showers, power cuts and the minibar was replenished daily with water, soft drinks and beer, if you wanted more they would deliver it. We spent little time in our room so the lack of view did not affect us as the views from the pool, beach area are fantastic. We found the staff polite and most helpful, standard of food in the restaurants excellent and varied. The entertainment was excellent for both adults and children, the dancers performed some fantastic shows in the lovely open air ampitheatre, and the kids club staff especially Gul were excellent . Yes there was some noise from the live band (who by the way were excellent), but this had no adverse affect on our holiday .
Overall the holiday experience was excellent, so good we did not venture outside the complex for the 2 weeks as we didnt feel we needed to. I would certainly look to book again and after reading the reviews on this site it shows how everybodies experience is different.

Super Holiday - 9 out of 10

by TripAdvisor Member Benny58

Just spent a marvellous fortnight at the Rixos Bodrum.
Just the two of us now that the kids are doing their own thing and this hotel didn't disappoint.
Spectacular view from room - which we found comfortable and plenty spacious and adequately furnished for the relatively brief amount of time we spent there!
Food in main buffet restaurant was always well presented, of high quality and catered for all tastes but we must recommend the A la Carte restaurants for those special holiday evening meals - Mexican, Italian and French being our favourites. The French restaurant (Sparx) was the pick of the bunch with it's lovely ambience, wonderful food and first class service. Many thanks to Osgur & Co for the two fabulous evenings we spent there.
We based our holiday around the hotel and never really ventured too far off (apart from day trip to Kos), so for anybody wishing to do the same you must book a day on a secret lounger (50 to 75 Euros) where from 9am to 6pm you will be treated like royalty by a guy who is basically your butler for the day - he will pop in every half hour with a cocktail, fruit,nuts or anything else you fancy! Get too hot & just step off the end of your floating platform into the clear blue waters to cool off - bliss! Ten out of ten for our man - Bilal - so good we did it twice.
Evening entertainment was varied - karaoke nights, mime show & sketch show were sadly rather poor but the nights where the fantastic dance team were performing were in our opinion the highlights. Saturday Night Fever, Around the World, and best of all Extreme Dance were quite spectacular. And don't miss on Tuesday night the Island Dance Party - not quite our scene music wise but I have got to hand it to those guys - they sure know how to whip up a fantastic atmosphere and finish off with an amazing firework display.
The head of this review only gave 9 out of 10 - without wishing to sound a grumpy old so & so there are two main reasons why that is so - first - during our fortnight at the Rixos there were two major conferences - bringing in folk from all over Europe I guess - but I must admit that whilst these folk were there the overall service to us - the general holidaymaker - most definately
took a down turn. Waiters who we had befriended who previously saw us - found us a table and filled our glasses in the blink of an eye, suddenly barely said hello. Not their fault I realise - they were only doing their best to keep everybody satisfied.(Tahir & Talip - couple of superstars!)
Secondly - the day we checked out - (we had a horrible night
flight like nearly all the Brits!) we left our room at 12 noon & requested use of a courtesy room early evening to freshen up ready for the journey home. We were told they had no official courtesy room but we were free to use the spa facilities. (You can request to keep your room on but we felt the cost of that was ridiculous). The spa, whilst being spotlessly clean and perfectly equipped for our needs, still lacked the privacy that my wife in particular would have liked. (She wanted to sit in her curlers for a while! - Oops - she's looking over me shoulder now - OWW - clip round ear!).
Seriously though, we have stayed in far lesser quality hotels than the Rixos in the past and have had this facility available - it may not bother some folk but we felt that there was room for improvement here.
OK - miserable moany bits out of the way - hey - it was still a fabulous fortnight and the Rixos is without a doubt a superb hotel that ticks virtually every box in terms of making a special holiday. I must mention the guest relations girls (Christina in particular) and their boss (Emine) for making my wifes birthday in the middle of our break a bit special - champagne & fruit in the room & the cake at the Italian - many many thanks again.
Final words - we took this holiday through Thomsons - not our favourite holiday company to be honest (long story) - but I could not finish this review without mentioning our rep at the Rixos - Angela - who was quite simply the best rep we have ever come across in our many years of holidaying abroad. A really lovely lady who always had time for a chat, was always immaculately dressed , always punctual, a mine of interesting local info and was the most amazing source of accurate weather forecasts - I'm sure there must be a job waiting for her at the Met Office should she ever tire of working in Turkey! A real credit to Thomsons - if you read this Angela - hope the leg is getting better - watch out for them cats!

My worst nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member SimonaBucharest

I just come back from my "holiday" in Turkey. It was the worst nightmare I ever had in my life...
I'm a 35 years married 2 kids woman and me and my family goes year by year in Turkey since 9 years ago and we've seen with our eyes how the things changed there.
First of all, we had to wait almost 70 minutes in front of the reception for check in forms!
Being an all inclusive hotel with an open buffet we had to give tips by tips to the waiters. One of them, after giving 10 euro asked us why we don't give for his coleagues some more money!!!
On 22nd june we found in our room a note that the spa center (included in the price we paid for!) will be closed for 2 days, for desinfection reasons. Also a part of the hotel properties normaly open for clients was closed. Next day, for about 1 hour, almost 8 card with black windows and the engine ON, making such a nice smell were waiting next to the beach. Some staff came and told us NOT TO STAY ON THE BEACH because they are waiting somebody very important coming with a boat. Finally, the VIP appeared. Was the owner of Emirates Airlines, the person for wich the hotel management forgot they have customers and offered him a privat arrival, accomodation and spa... Everibody was surprised about such bad treatment, but... what could we do?
Next day we rent a speed boat... and we didn't pay atention to the broken window. When we came back they asked us to pay 300 euro, even if our friend hurt himself in that window! We tryed to speak with the manager, but not being the owner of any airline he couldn't hear us!
In the hotel they have a Lacoste shop. If you wish to buy something, they say dont have your size and next day brings you fakes with price as originals! My husband payd for T shirts, after wearing once, for about 3-4 hours, the T shirt was unwearable. He went back asking them to change the T shirts with the payed money. Of course, was imposible. In last evening-night, the manager satyed with the eyes on us at the pool bar. When we went to the room we observed our door was forced but knowing will not solve the probleme, we didnt call the reception. Of course, we had to pay 200 euro for "destroing the door". We are happy our holiday havent be longer!!!

Hotel Doctor

by TripAdvisor Member bezsenior

During our recent stay at the hotel my wife started to suffer from severe backache we met Dr Fusun Karakaya and his partner in the reception and they took us to the clinic which is part of the hotel he examined my wife and explained everything to us and instantly started her on medication. The next day I spoke to our tour rep to make sure we were doing everything in a sensible way she suggested we take the dolmus into Bodrum and a taxi into Gumbet all this while my wife was still suffering from back pain. Doctor Karakaya suggested we go to the hospital in Bodrum and see the consultant, his partner took us to the hospital in their car and and guided us through what could have been a traumatic time she prevented the hospital charging us for things we didnt need and returned us safely to the hotel were the Doctor started my wife on the medication required this involved injections most mornings and pain killers. The Doctor and his staff took all the worry away from us and helped us to continue our holiday this is typical of this hotel nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff this turned into our best holiday every

Dave and Maureen Beresford

Beware of the Children and Hotel Rating

by TripAdvisor Member InSearchOfExcellence

After reading the reviews on this site I thought I would be safe as many said how fantastic it was. The hotel reception, internal bar are quite plush and this gives the impression of a five star hotel. However, once past the initial impression the cracks start to appear. The room was not what I would call 5star. The buffet although substantial, lacked variation. If you sampled a small bit of lots of food on the first day then you have had the entire range and becomes extremely monotonous. The buffet restaurant enraged me with lots of kids running up and down the restaurant, hanging off chairs, bumping into everything in sight.
I would expect a five start hotel to have 5 star standards, clearly not in RIxos case. The "six a la carte restaurants" werent up to much either." Wouldn't go back !"
If your thinking of 5star in London think about 2 or 3 star at the most in Rixos.

The most amazing place

by TripAdvisor Member juliablackrun

This hotel is fantastic, dont know why ppl are moaning we never tipped and i never saw anyone that was tipping .. the staff are so helpfull especialy the guys in the italian and the girl in the french reasturant and she works in the pool bar at lunch time ..The island has a aprty every week ..hey what a party not to be missed and a great fireworks show aswell..The private jetty is a must .. never go back anywhere a second time but i would defo go back here ......

Bodrum Turkey

by Suzze

"Turkey holiday"

This was our second trip to Turkey but will say the last one was a day trip from Kos! I went with my husband daughter and her friend and had a really lovely week there at a wonderful five star hotel. It was The Rixos Bodrum Hotel and we all really had a wonderful time in this beautiful complex. The hotel has it's own little island that you can walk out on to for the younger people that had an outdoor night club on, which my daughter and her friend used most nights! The hotel also boasted it's own yacht that would take you out on in the mornings and had breakfast on and again in the evening for a sunset trip on. The food and restuarants were fabulous and the service second to none, one of the best hotels I've stayed in.
We did venture out one day and tried the local turkish baths, what an amazing experience that was, highly recommend it!

August 2008
We are coming back to Turkey the end of next month. To a different hotel and resort, this time to Turgutreis. Hopefully we will enjoy it as much as we did at The Rixos.......
Watch this space!

rixos, bodrum

by funduk

As Rixos, Bodrum Hotel is newly opened, I was wondering if anybody has stay there, and what are you impressions (beach and accomodation)? My 3 year old son will be travel with me so I would like to know, how family friendly is it?

by KIZGINdamdakiKedi

i never have been in this hotel but don't they have a website?
and about turkish people..
we are so friendly and hospitable..
more information? uc an reply

by funduk

Thanks, for your answer. Unfourtunately, they don't have ready Web site yet.

Best Regards,

Renata

by KIZGINdamdakiKedi

what about another hotel in Bodrum? i know a website about bodrum hotels/otels with details

by TUNC

Hi, I am the IT Supervisor of Rixos Hotel Bodrum. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to ttuzcu@rixos.com. I will be happy to give you any information about our five hotels in Turkey.

by yanich

I stayed in Rixos Bodrum In July. Very nice hotel ! A lot of families with little chilren stay there. The hotel has a very nice mini club for children of different ages. They also have their own island. I liked there very much!!!

by peterwlf

The web site of Rixos hotels is www.rixos.com

by Landjump

Rixos is the best hotel in Bodrum in every terms beach activities,accomodation etc.But Stay away from watersports!!!Hotel Watersports staff is composed of ignorant ,show off drunks.They are rude,careless and know nothing about security.They smashed two tourist into the pier in a full speed turn.They are so ignorant that they do not know the word sorry!

by Landjump

Rixos is the best hotel in Bodrum in every terms beach activities,accomodation etc.But Stay away from watersports!!!Hotel Watersports staff is composed of ignorant ,show off drunks.They are rude,careless and know nothing about safety.They smashed two tourist into the pier in a full speed turn.They are so ignorant that they do not know the word sorry!

by memire

I am working in rixos bodrum as a entertainment manager if you have any question ask me please.
Mehmet Emire memire@rixos.com

Re: Rixos Bodrum

by Dennis24

See their website at www.rixos.com

Comments