Kadikalesi Mevkii, Turgutreis, 48963, Turkey
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Yelken Hotel & Spa

Do not book the 'Yelken Hotel'

by TripAdvisor Member Essexposhtart

My husband and I have just returned from the Yelken on the 29th Sept and all I can say is apart from the weather is was horrible. How it can be rated a 5 star is beyond us. We have stayed in 3 stars in other countries over the years but I have to say they were better than this hotel. We arrived at the Hotel at about 4pm, the reception staff were pleasant but not welcoming. I have to say our room was lovely, very well decorated and very clean. (We were in the main hotel). However the fun started when we went to dinner! Coming down the stairs into the main reception area I can only liken it to being like stepping into an Airport on a very busy day. The noise was unbelievable and the dining area was like a dinner hall at any big school with people running all over the place with plates of food (not one but two as we came across some very greedy people!!). The food was apalling (nice if you like salad that has been handled by other guests, tomato soup and chicken.
The staff in the dinner area did not seem to want to help us when we asked for some cutlery so I helped myself from the drawer located at the back of the dining hall.
We gave up trying to get drinks at the bar and also trying to find a seat once we had a drink as there did not seem to be enough chairs or room for the amount of guests staying. I think because guests are also coming from the Annexes next door it makes all the public areas in the hotel over crowded. We ate out most nights as the food was so bad. The al le carte restaurants are a joke as there are no menus it is just put in front of you without even being told what it is. In fact it gets dished up so quick we had eaten (well some of it) three courses within an hour.
There is nothing outside the hotel it is quite isolated, just a few delapidated villas that are empty.
The only staff who were friendly and helpful were the animation team and the lady who cleaned our room. The plus side we did get fresh towels every day and clean sheets every other day.
I only wished the table cloths in the dining room had been changed every day!!
We booked this holiday so we could have a relaxing week and was expecting all the benefits of a 5 star hotel. Well I think they need to be reviewed and have the star rating lowered to a 3!!
I definitely would not recommend this Hotel to anybody and it has also turned me off returning to Turkey as a holiday destinaion again.

Views that take your breath away.

by rachel_sun

Average Price: My hol cost £290 for a week b and b.The breakfast at the Yelken was very good,with a huge selection of food,from cereal,fruit,eggs,and bread.Alot of Tapestry Travel get custom from previous guests who liked it so much,they go back.They do special offers such as 2 weeks for the price of one or 10% off other hols.Thier planned excurtions were very well planned aswell.I am going to travel with them again next year. HERE IS THE WONDERFUL VIEW FROM OUR BALCONY.

Me ready for a turkish meal

by rachel_sun

Type: hotel , pension
Location: I stayed in Kalkan at the Yelken Hotel.It was small,very friendly and very nice.Iwas treated very well and and the service,food was first class.
Unique Qualities: Tapestry Travel pick small intimate hotels,so the staff have more time to take care of you.I liked this because the staff always had time for us.We made friends as well.It was a wondeful atmosphere and i felt very at home. Next year im going to rent a cottage in the mountains near Olu Deniz.You get an open top jeep included aswell.
More Info: Tapestry Travel do a selection of Hotels,cottages and apartments along the med coast.

Yelken - tastic

by TripAdvisor Member andrewejh

We stayed 18/05/09 to 02/06/09 and found the hotel to be fantastic, staff very friendly and helpful, rooms cleaned everyday, hotel lobby, stairs etc continually cleaned throughout the day. Free bottled water delivered to your roon each day, good choice of food, main courses cooked in front of you, (only gripe no bacon or beans for breakfast). We had children with us who were very well catered for through the kids club and the large water slides could be used by adults and children. Complex like most other hotels along beach front has 24hr patrolling security. Lovely place to stay.

Wonderful holiday

by TripAdvisor Member mattkocak

I have just returned from a brilliant holiday in Yelken hotel and spa in Tugutreis. I was slightly worried after reading all of the other reviews, sudgesting that it is very unlikely that we get into the main 5 star part of the hotel, and we didn't!.

But, we still had a great time, we were put on the top floor of the club part of the hotel (which is the non 5 star part) but seeing as we were furious about not being put into the 5 star part of the hotel, we kicked up a fuss and demanded to be put into closer accomodation on the bottom floor nearer to the main attractions and they happily moved us.

It did help that I spoke Turkish, but not that much, I would like to warn you if you are booking a holiday here try to make sure you book the 5 star part, because if they do not put you in the 5 star part after you have booked it, they must put you there, we had some english friends that had this problem and seeing as the 5 star part was fully booked they were put into the king suite! As envious as I was I thought that this was the hotel's job, to give them what they paid for, and they did.

Enough about the room mix up, the beach is about a 250 metre stretch which is plenty of space to find a beach bed in your favourate part of the stretch, and look at the wonderful view of the other islands outside the bay. There is an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, the indoor pool seemed to be very quiet when I was there but I do not know why, because it was a great place to go if you wanted to cool down from the heat. The outdoor pool was brilliant and you do catch a lot of sun in there.

When you go into the sea, there are a lot of rocks and pebbles at the start, so if I were you, I would take some sandals to walk in with, alternatively there is a pier that you can walk out on and there are ladders to let you into the sea from the end.

There is an animation team, and there around the place through out the day, they play music for the guests to enjoy and have various activities through out the day, such as volleyball, waterpolo, darts and even belly dancing for the ladies (or men!) in the late afternoon taught by an animator.

There are three restaurants, the Italian restaurant, the main restaurant and the fish restaurant. If I remember correctly you can only visit the Italian and fish restaurant once for free then after that you will be charged to go again. The food in the restaurants is very good, there is a good variety of different foods and on Saturday's it is Turkish night, and they cook a chicken kebab.

There are snacks and drinks available through out the whole day. When you sit down for your evening meal, try to sit outside in the main restaurant because there is a stunning sunset that you can see, that I have never seen anywhere in the world before it is deffinately worth watching.

The animation at night starts at 21:45. The animation is er.. well you can see for yourself, it seems like they repete themselves a lot and they run out of ideas quickly, but they do try hard. On Turkish night there is a belly dancer, and Turkish traditional dancers on stage.

Once a week there is a beach party on instead of the animation which is good, they get people to go by the beach bar and there is competitions.

All the staff is very friendly at Yelken, especialy the waiters in the restaurant, but there were one or two arrogant barmen, but after a couple of days I think they were sacked because I never saw them again.

There are many things to do all day and night, at night there is a disco that starts at 23:00 and finishes at 02:00.

I hope you have found my review helpfull and I would recommend this place (if you get put in the non 5 star part of the hotel dont let it spoil your holiday!) .

(I have added some pictures)

Matt

Wonderful hotel which is under new management and now excellent

by TripAdvisor Member TammyBansteadSurrey

We stayed at the hotel from 9th May until the 16th May 2009. The rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday with new towels etc. The staff were friendly and the food was excellent with plenty of choices. The food in the Italian and Sea Food restaurants was out of this world. The pool is cleaned every morning before 7am and is crystal clear. Plenty of beds around the pool and on the beach area. We will definitly go back again in September. Our thanks to all at the Yelken that made our stay wonderful and relaxing.

Banstead Surrey.

Not what you would expect!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member stevefinoldham

Booking shows Hotel,Three bedded room, Shower, WC, Balcony/Terrace, Annex/New Wing. Don't be fooled the annex is the OLD HOTEL that is next door & is divided at the front by a fence with a gate. The staff of the Yelken say that the annex is "no star" & it certainly lets you think that. We were given a room in the Annex with a double bed that filled the room as it was that small, & the fridge could not be opened unless the bed was moved, the shower room was so small it was possible to use the loo at the same time as the shower. Adjacent to the annex is the 'entertainment stage???.'when in use it goes on very loud till late!! It is obviuos that this annex was a hotel in its own way as the pool with the slides is as old as the hotel and in the same vicinity. We were given a room in the Hotel after it was agreed that we met with certain conditions. I would rate this Hotel no more than a Three Star, There is not any table service for drinks from the bar. The theemed restaurants are no more than you should expect from the 5star that was booked. I will NOT be returning to this Hotel.

beware of the annex

by TripAdvisor Member elizabeth-helen

I booked this hotel on line with Thos Cook when I read the problems regarding the annex on Trip Advisor I contacted Thos Cook who said I was booked in the annex I complained that at no time whilst I was making the booking did it indicate I would be booked into the annex. I am having a battle with Thos Cook at the moment because I have refused to go to the annex and they are saying that I would have to pay for at least 50% of the cost of the holiday. I have been in touch with Trading Standards who have said as the website showed the hotel and never mentioned I was booked into the annex I was entitled to a full refund as this was misleading. I have also written to the chief executive of TC who are investigating I will let you know how I get on. One line on the booking form states "extra room faciility -£70" TC say this indicates I was getting a discount because I was in the annex. Trading Standards say that is not correct as no one could understand that meant I was in the annex. I have to say the customer advisors at TC were mostly very rude and did not try to help at all. I will never book on line with TC again. I feel they are selling the hotel - which looks lovely - only to stick you in the annex which from the comments on the Trip Advisor is not up to 4 star standard. This is a total misrepresentation.

A trip up the garden path.

by TripAdvisor Member ASDAberdare

My wife and I had read the reports on Trip Advisor and were concerned to the extent that I rang Thomas Cook who told us that we were definitely in the Hotel, our tickets said Hotel, but on arrival at 0400 in the morning we were led like lambs to the Annex, as soon as we realised we returned to the Reception and refused to go to the Annex, the duty receptionist agreed it was poor and moved us into a self catering apartment 10 minutes away for 2 x days and then into the hotel for our last five nights, for a seven night holiday this was really poor and we lost valuable time.
The hotel is reputed to be 4 star, the hotel inspector must have standards based on only some points, the rooms and some facilities are ok, but the main reception area is like an Airport lounge, there are only 2 serving areas for All inclusive, one being the pool bar which serves lager in 1/3 pint plastic cups, and if you enjoy a whiskey or baileys, there is no local equivalent and people we met were quoted £9 for a shot of whiskey and £8 for a baileys, but worse of all was the restaurant, so bland and repetitive, catering mainly for Eastern Europeans, it was like a canteen, not four star. The staff in the main are friendly some act as if they do not care, or have probably seen the complaints before. We did not fill a complaint form out as we did not want to waste too much time queueing to see the rep as she was forever surrounded by people with complaints, mainly, if not all, from people in the annex. The problem regarding the Annex was not confined to Brits, I saw some very irate German tourists really complain, loud and clearly about the Annex.
Thomas Cook really should know the problems, they are obvious;y ongoing, the actual descriptions should be more honest than they are in their literature, as for the hotel, 3star plus thanks to some of the amenities, shops, salons, games room, compter rooms and the hotel rooms are ok, but to become four / five star you really need to improve service point outlets and food variation and quality for all. We will not return but hope that lessons are learnt as there is the potential for a good hotel and holiday, and I hope the Rep has recovered from her Sickness as she went sick after two days, not really suprising.

don't be fooled

by TripAdvisor Member yllastricks

be careful you are not in the annexe moved 3 times to mouldy rooms where told no other rooms available rep total waste of time went off sick after 3rd day no wonder all the complaints food disgusting how on earth can you call this a 5 star hotel ? thomas cook totally missold us this holiday and we shall be persuing this further ! essex daughter and mother

Comments