Area Otel

More about Fethiye

our breakfast at Jet Pensionour breakfast at Jet Pension

oludenizoludeniz

from babadagfrom babadag

Spiny sea starSpiny sea star

searching for friends in fethiye

by searchforhappiness

i'm in fethiye and try to get adjusted the life in here..is there any organization or place in fethiye where expats or travellers gather together? any advice would be appreciated..i searched on the net for social clubs but most of them kindda unavailable or no activity programs..

thx

by canadiantrav

Hi try this web site as there are many members there from the Fethiye area. You should be able to find out for some things to do...

Or in the Fethiye forums

Or the Fethiye Times

by Alikatt

Also try www.expatinturkey.com or www.mymerhaba.com for expat community forum. They have meet ups occasionally in different locales including Fethiye.

by paintyourtarget

heyas!
I'm having the same problem. How old are you? Did you try any of those societies? If they are any good let me know. Problem is that most ppl who have settled here are retired and so are not on my level. I need to have a conversation with someone other than my pc real soon...if u have discovered something exciting lemme know.

Also do u know if there are any good gyms in the area? and fitness classes as well as general classes such as arts and stuff?

wish u luck in ur quest outta boredom
ally x

Travel Tips for Fethiye

Fehiye Palms

by Erkmen

When you enter to Fethiye, you will be surprised.. The outskirts of Fethiye does not look good due to high migration to the town.. However when you reach the town center, you will see a diferent Fethiye.. a nice mediterrenean town with nice houses and Palm trees all around..

Take-off

by Aurorae

There are 3 take-off places at babadag mountain, the best and most advanced is 1960m, and it requires an experienced pilot because the "runaway" (take off slope) is quite short. But nonetheless, there are heaps of pilots easily taking off from there. Some people do experience problems and take off only after 2nd or 3rd attempt, but most of the time it's instant.
There is a small bar, toilette and ambulance at the top.

Take a Mini "Blue Cruise"

by Jetgirly

I didn't want to spend more than a few hours on a boat, so I didn't take one of Turkey's famous "Blue Cruises". Instead, the staff at Ferah Pension booked me onto a one-day multi-island boat trip. The trip cost thirty lira, and included pickup from the hotel. In retrospect, it would have been much better to just take a dolmus into town and head to the harbour independently- I could have arrived first and got one of the better sunbathing spots on the boat. The trip sailed to several different islands: first we swam at a small bay, then we visited a place called The Aquarium (with lots of fish), we also stopped at an island totally over-run with rabbits, and there were more that I can't recall. Lunch was served on board but vegetarian choices were sorely lacking- I was able to have the spaghetti and salad that all guests were served, but nothing was available to replace the meat. Service of lunch was somewhat hectic and disorganized. I also spent another thirty lira on board, buying drinks and snacks. The tour booked through Ferah Pension was on a nice boat that had a diving board and waterslide (I think I got whiplash from the slide, as it had a super-steep drop through the boat's lower deck- be careful).

12 ISLANDS

by artonice

You can do a boat trip to these beautiful islands from Fethiye.It's very enjoyable.Boats stop at 6 points and give you time to swim in the sea that is like aquarium.You spend whole day in this trip and have lunch in the boat.It's cheap and amusing.It coast about 10-15€ with lunch included.A must do activity in Fethiye...

Lovely Letoonia in Fascinating Fethiye

by Groentje

"Bomb Threat? Great Holiday!"

I'll always remember our vacation in Turkey as one of the best vacations ever! We stayed in Fethiye, a quiet little port village in the South of Turkey. I'll never forget the trip we made with the bus to our hotel, coming from the airport in the mountains and arriving at our hotel by the sea. Do you know this feeling of finally seeing water/sea after a long drive? Doesn't that feel great when you actually see where you're heading? It sure did to me...
One of the things that made this trip really special, was the fact that there were almost no tourists. This was because of the bomb threat that was going on before/during/after our trip. A certain Mr. Öcalan had been sentenced to death (I'm not getting into this), and the PKK had threatened to attack tourist attractions all across Turkey as a revenge. Many Germans and English stayed home, fearing that the holiday of their dreams might in fact be the last one they ever had.

"Freedom!"

Which gave us the opportunity to see touristy things without the hassle of other tourists! As we were the only ones brave enough to go there we were treated like royalty (but I was told the Turkish are always very sociable and friendly), and we enjoyed it immensely.
To give you an example. The place we stayed in (Letoonia) had appartments and hotel rooms. We had an appartment, but had to stay in the hotel because there was just too few guests in the complex. This meant that we had to whole park to ourselves, with only one or two of the 200 appartments let...

"Lovely Port"

The hotel was a bit far from the village centre, though, which meant that a) the hotel was very peaceful and calm and b) we had to take a taxi or boat to the centre each time we wanted to get there.
No real hassle, though, as boats and taxis are not that expensive over there. There was a boat in the bay that went adrift and actually stranded there; they just leave it there. It's a nice sight :-)

Comments