Kemal Hotel

More about Fethiye

harborharbor

Baba Dag top launch site - 1900mBaba Dag top launch site - 1900m

Fethiye Castle.Fethiye Castle.

12 Island tour was lots of fun.12 Island tour was lots of fun.

holiday in olu deniz

by tallgirl27

My husband and i are travelling to olu deniz in august. I wondered how much it is to eat out there and what resturants people would recommend? And also do I need to have injections? Thanx

Re: holiday in olu deniz

by muguruki

I stayed in Olu Deniz 4 years ago but didn't eat out much as I got a ridiculously good all-inclusive deal. I usually don't go for all-inclusive packages but it was too good to resist. On the few occasions I did eat out in Olu Deniz and Fethiye, I remember the food being reasonably priced and everything I ate there was excellent. I am a veggie and so being and awkward bugger can cause problems but every meal I had there was tremendous!

I can't remember names of particular restaurants and you should be fine going "jabless".

Re: holiday in olu deniz

by Gherkin

We staying in Olu Deniz last year and loved it so much we came straight back home and booked again. Can't remember the prices of food but wasn't bad at all and all the restaurants we tried were superb (The Beach Restaurant was our favorite but it has moved and we don't know where to))

Oh and lager was around £1.50 a pint so not bad

Travel Tips for Fethiye

Ölüdeniz air games - every October

by Aurorae

This is an open Air Festival for all paragliders and air-sports-lovers. You don't have to be a competitor to take part in this event.

This is an example of activities for one day:

Cross-Country competition
Micro-light flights
Paramotor flights
Mike kung&friends acro-show
Professional Flying Team show

Remote control plane fliers show
Hot-air balloining
Free style sky diving
Sky diving (Turkish Aeronautical Association)
Base jump
Free light in the afternoon
Free style acro-show
Sky-Paragliders show
Acro-show by local paragliders&international producers
Sea plane flights
Helicopter show

Beach party in the adternoon

All day: live broadcasting by cloud9 from take-offs and beach which can be followed in Cloud 9 bar and is streamed through www.babadag.com

All days:Beach entertainments and free offers

Contact&Info:

Kadri Tuglu&Ali Sonat
Cloud 9 Cafe,Cloud 9 Aviation,Broadcasting
Carsi Cad. No:2
Oludeniz-Fethiye
Mugla-Turkey
info@babadag.com
cloudnine@ttnet.net.tr
mobile:+90 533 437 31 02(Kadri)

Mobile:+90 532 347 52 62(Ali)
fax:+90 252 617 04 02

Dolmus , car-motorbike hiring etc.

by artonice

If you make a plan to stay in Fethiye don't forget that there are many choices around Fethiye to see so you can hire a car or a motorbike or just use 'Dolmus' minibuses which are very cheap.Also you can use boat trips..

Göcek..

by Erkmen

A safe heaven for Sailors.. Göcek is one of the nicest bay around Fethiye... It has been first discovered by the sailors on the Blue voyage and now in the last years it is popularity is increasing..

When you enter to gocek, even by a boat or by the roadway, you will definitely be surprised and will say " woovvvvv super".. it is a real cool place.. All of a sudden you will be in a place out of this world.. And you will be adored to gocek..

Fethiye - Another Turkish Delight!

by neuromancerWILL

"Our Favourite Country"

We love Turkey.

We love the people, the weather, the scenery, the food!
Oh my god we love the food!

This is the view entering Fethiye on the water boat from Calis Beach. It costs about £2 each one way and takes about 30 mins over the bay.

I cannot understand why some people in the UK in particular seem to have a bad opinion of Turkey. We have been to a different place in this ocuntry every year from 2000 onwards and can safely say we will go back every year too! (But always to a different place, the world's too big!!!)

If you need ANY advice please contact us, me for the logistics and my fiancee Vicky will be on hand to help with the shopping - (boy is she every an expert on THAT!)

"The Kaan Hotel"

This is us just waiting to go home on our last night. We stayed at the Kaan Hotel in Calis Beach which was a fab place to stay.

Basic but spotlessly clean accomodation, great pool with no shaded areas (so you don't have to keep moving your sunbed every 1/2 hour!).

What sets this apart is the warm welcome, especially from Kaan himself who runs the place along with his wife, his father oversees things and his mother is a great cook. They really go out of their way to make you feel right at home, nothing is ever too much trouble.

Calsi Beach itself is a small, emerging resort, only 20 mins away from Fethiye by dolmus (30p) or 30 mins by water taxi (£2). There are a number of nice restaurants, especially down on the promenade on the beach. Bars are limited, but there were two small underground nightclubs if that is what you are after.

All in all a GREAT base for a relaxing time!

"The Duck Pond"

A delightful restaurant in the middle of Fethiye, surrounding a Duck Pond on three sides, complete with waterfall/fountain.

Turkish food really is amazing, with an amzing variety of meatballs for starters at this particular restaurant, coupled with Turkish or European choices for main course, my particular favourite being Adana Kebap which is a heavily spiced mincemeat kebab on a skewer, served with rice and sauces. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments