Fethiye Hotels

Our Members Say

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mara Hotel: Modern comfort at town center.

After more than a week's stay beside and within natural environment - around mountains, valleys, cove - in a hut, a wooden cabin, beside the cliff --- I decided to spend a night at a modern hotel before flying back to Istanbul. Besides I don't want to miss my flight if I ever get stucked in Kabak Valley.

The dolmush (minibus) terminated at the center of Fethiye not the main otogar so I just needed to take a walk and I did not find difficulty in locating the hotel. It’s at the end of a pedestrian street (500 Sok.) from the main Ataturk Cadessi , turning right from Garanti Bank almost near the sea promenade. Location is quiet, no cars along the street, some motorcycle only and bikes. Few steps to the seafront, it’s right at the town center so most places around the town are walking distance. Along the pedestrian street of the hotel are several inexpensive restaurants, shops and ministores. The big chain supermarket Migros is few walks away and so most shopping stores too.

Mara Hotel is a modern hotel surprisingly nice than I expected from some reviews. I was checked in by Mehmet from the reception after getting my passport and because I’m staying only for a night he preferred that I pay immediately, so after checking in I went to the money changer and paid the rate at TL65 equivalent to 29EUR. He took the rate from booking.com.

I got a room at the second floor which is a nice big room with a huge bed. I wonder though whatever happened to the wall-side of the carpet like it was shampooed without rinsing it, no issue though.

The Room – the key is an electronic key card. The room is very modern, with a couch, a chic red sofa, a small minibar fridge, small flat panel tv, vanity mirror and desk, a balcony overlooking the street below with a partial seaview at the end of the street on my left. The bed is huge with duvet, very comfortable. No noise at all, except for some occasional shouting down the street below.

The Bathroom – is fancy with electric-blue soft light – I did not find the switch to turn it off though - and a window pane overlooking the bedroom with a blind, very cozy. Shower stall is big enough with doorless glass panel that separate it from the toilet sink and bowl. Tastefully furnished, clean thick towels, small boxed soaps and shower caps, shampoos, etc, and a hairdryer. I like the bathroom a lot, after several days of getting used with spartan-ish bathrooms from camps.

The breakfast – is buffet and aplenty, several choices and varieties, served on the 5th floor with a view of the sea and the mountains on the end side of the large breakfast hall that I supposed is also a function hall probably for wedding receptions, parties and banquets.

The staff – Mehmet the reception guy who checked me in at night is I would say OK - although I think it’s a common practice for them to immediately offer their Turkish bath which I decline as I was sleepy and just want to go to bed. I requested for a late checkout wishing for 2 or 3pm as my flight was early evening, and I was given an hour at 1pm (checkout time is 12nn). They kept my backpack though at the back of the reception while I spent a couple of hours around town. The other slim guy is also helpful I forgot his name (like usual) and there was a lady cleaning the whole lobby with a vacuum - sucking all the dusts while I was sitting at one of the sofa surfing the net. The lady at the breakfast hall isn’t talking at all, just busying herself with making up the tables.

Wifi internet – is strong inside the room and free.

For EUR30/night for single with a breakfast, I stayed only for a night but I think it’s a good hotel, it’s clean with an elevator, centrally located in Fethiye town centrum, quiet location and modern furnishings in rooms. I expected less than what I’ve got.

With a bit more training for staff to be more professional, some uniform attire maybe and attentive services --- this place will fetch more customs, facilities aren't that bad, in fact they're good.

Central, modern furnishings, comfortable.

• Related to: Photography, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Helin Kamp.: A nature-paradise playground (Kabak Koyu)

OK I was mauled and almost got bitten by one of the dogs (four of them!), all resident of the place during my unannounced (no prior booking) arrival. I was up on the mountain road just got off from the jeep (the only way to get down there) who tricked me into paying TL40, I could've waited for other passengers, he did not even tell me the cost. So I was dropped off couple of winding rough roads before the camp - it was an unfinished delivery of me for heaven sake! So I walked down trying to make my way and as I was trying to shoo the dogs while shouting at the top of my lungs Hellow! wishing that somehow I could be heard by anyone at the camp from below - I was terribly freightened, I thought I won't be able to get out of this place alive.

Then I saw a head walking from the shade of the hut down below and that was a relief, the guy - Genghis - went up the road to pick me up.

Despite the predicaments there, this place is utterly Stunning!

Surrounded by mountain ranges and the bluer than blue pristine turquoise beach down below. I dropped by Kabak Valley the day before I decided to stay which isn’t in my plan. But when I saw it, I instantly was awed by the beauty of nature of Kabak Valley. I took the minibus from Faralya to Kabak Valley which is a short ride and from the top of the valley I took the red jeep, and as I was the only one there, I paid the whole fare at TL40! I didn't know!! It’s a rugged terrain so the ride is bumpy, no paved road yet going down to the guesthouses.

The place is isolated from the group of other camps in Kabak Valley, some are facing the beach and others on top of the valley, whereas this one is on the side way between the top and the sea.

The Camp ground – it’s a camp, so don’t expect luxury, only nature living, and splendid views. Small wooden houses with windows overlooking the beach below scattered around the place. The reception area is also the breakfast area with a bar at the back. It’s no longer the tourist season so I was the only guest at the place. There’s a big wooden platform – a yoga place – on one side facing the ocean, must’ve been a relaxing yoga place during summer. A very secluded that’s like Helinkamp’s private beach is down there about 10 to 15 minutes walk down a steep path with a makeshift steps or stairs on some spots. I actually got lost for half an hour finding the steps coming back up the camp, I kept on walking through the boulders of rocks. Green grasses on the grounds, fruit-bearing bushes, common area hut, tables and chairs around for hanging out.

The Room/hut – small wooden house with two small windows facing the sea, bathroom shower with a mountain view, it’s open top and the walls are made of bamboo straws that you could see the surroundings. Mosquito net surrounds the bed, very basic with only twin beds, lighting, shelf, and electric socket. This is living in nature. The sound of the sea induces good sleep.

The Staff – the family who lived there tends the place, friendly people.

The Food – breakfast and dinner included. I was the only one there, so I did not expect a feast, home cooked and just enough for the family who owned the place and me.

At Helinkamp, nature surrounds you. Kabak Valley itself is a place unspoiled yet by mass tourism. No buildings or big structure around, most guesthouses are made up of small wooden huts. The valley is surrounded by green mountain ranges all facing the blue ocean. The only sound I hear at night are the crickets, bees, the ocean, so relaxing. Only that I’ve to use a flashlight every time I’ve to get to my hut, it’s quite dark during the night.

I paid TL60 for a night inclusive of breakfast and dinner.

Will I come back? Yes but with a notice, I don't want to be feasted on by those dogs.

Nature surrounds the place - mountain range, cove,trees, restful place, serenity.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Photography, Backpacking

• Reviews: 1360

Gul Pension: A stop-over exactly along the highway in Faralya.

Gul Pension is one of those few located exactly on the side of and along the main highway. If coming from Oludeniz, it's the first guesthouse or hotel you'll encounter when you enter Uzunyurt right before the village mosque. It's popular among package tours and hikers as well.

I was walking up along the highway one morning as I was wondering how the whole place look when I reach the top of the highway on the mountain (spectacular actually), and I passed by Gul Pension and as I was about to further move, it started to drizzle and I thought there's no shades after this if I continue and the heavy rain comes. So I decided to stop and sit at the lobby of Gul Pension and have a cola, and have a 'brief chat with the owner which I forgot the name.

The place has a big lobby with a viewdeck overlooking the beautiful valley below (and the place where I was staying - George House). I did not stay at Gul Pension but I find the place nice too and very well located.

There are several rooms on the main wide building with balconies facing the valley and sunset, and they also have some treehouses scattered at the back - I mean real treehouses with ladders.

TL70 for single person with breakfast & dinner - like most places in the village.

Wifi is working on the lobby, probably in rooms also in the main building.

Huge common area / lobby / restaurant / breakfast hall.

They have a ready taxi service - to take you to town - driven by the owner's son.

Friendly people albeit - as with other places - not so much with english conversation.

Right along the highway.

• Related to: Photography, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking

Viewdeck of Gul Pension

George House Faralya: Right at the edge of the cliff at Butterfly Valley

I was looking for a more restful vacation and I stumbled upon this place Butterfly Valley (Uzunyurt village), I've heard of it last year when I was in Fethiye butm I thought it's just a place to see and didn't know that there are thriving guesthouses in this village, so I decided to try it and it was one of my best decision during this November 2012 trip.

The place is located in the amazing butterfly valley. George House's cabins are right there at the cliff overlooking the cove and the ravine, it's like they own the whole butterfly valley.

I took the minibus from Oludeniz that stopped along the main road in Faralya and walked my way little down to George House Faralya. It was the end of the tourist season (end of October) so there are only less than 10 guests as I remember staying at the place so it’s quiet, not busy and I like it that way - on the last day I was the only one left in the place, that even the owner and his family had to say goodbye to me as they're going to visit relatives from the nearby village, I was left alone in the whole place, not for more than an hour though as I was also checking out of the place to move to Kabak Valley that day.

Location – picturesque, right at the edge of the valley overlooking the secluded beach/cove below. The place is so nature-bounty, there are a couple of benches and tables where you can just marvel at the surroundings. It’s on the edge of the cliff, so watching the spectacular sunset is so dramatic – poetic I would say. There are many trees around and bushes bearing fruits like lemon, pomegranate, herbs, flowers, pine trees, etc. The family who owns the place also live there.

The Rooms – they have a choice of concrete rooms with bathrooms, wooden cabins without bathrooms, and an open wall-less roofed houses that seems like treehouses, and you may bring your own tent and camp in the area. I paid TL60 for the one with a bathroom with twin beds joined together inclusive of breakfast and dinner. Great view of the green mountains from the long shared balcony/walkway just outside of the room.

Breakfast – is at the open common area roofed with crawling plants or – when it’s raining - inside the large reception/common area/lobby with TV and low tables. Breakfast is good that lunch is not necessary. Dinner too is served at 5:30pm as the daylight saving time move one hour advance so it got darker early. Delicious buffet dinner, home-cooked with salad, and mostly vegetarian dishes, and some sweets that I can’t figure out if it’s from potatoes or some root crop.

Staff - Hassan, the owner, is very friendly and courteous, he gave me a lift one day to Kabak Valley. His family are very attentive to guests needs and you’ll feel comfortable being around them.

Wifi Internet – works in the room as mine is a little near the main house.

Tourists coming from the boat tour in Fethiye to butterfly valley and climbs from the beach to the valley ends up to George House because the top of the valley is their grounds. Going down to the beach area through well-marked path is a little challenge but a nice experience.

George House is both a guesthouse and campground.

Experience the village life at George House Faralya, I enjoyed the place a lot and will definitely come back.

Breath-taking views from the cliff, village life, live with local family.

• Related to: Backpacking, Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fethiye Guesthouse: Friendliest place in Fethiye town center.

Upon arrival at Fethiye's main bus terminal I went out to the main road in front of Carrefour. The minibus/dolmush passes along this road. Hoped on the first one with the sign "Karagozler" and paid the driver TL1.50. I told the driver I want to get off at Doruk Hotel which is just infront of the guesthouse. Took about 15 minnutes from the bus termnal to the guesthouse.

Entrance is through a small stairs to a balcony with tables and chairs (breakfast balcony). I was greeted by Ali, the friendly english-speaking reception guy who gave me a double bed room on the inside of the guesthouse, no views, just the interior of the place but the room was big enough and clean with spanking toilet/shower, hot shower, 3 towels, bed although very soft, it’s comfortable. Wifi internet working inside the room was a bonus.

Breakfast was surprisingly good, coffee/tea complimentary during my stay, and they can book you boat tours as they also run the Alaturka tours. Loads on info should you need it for sights around the area.

The two helpful guys manning the reception – Ali and the charming aussie lady named Beck - are shining star of this guesthouse.

Good location, not inside the main town, beside the marina so there's a good view during breakfasts and along the main road where the dolmush are passing by every half an hour.

There are several stores and restaurants around, and the tourist info center is just down the road as well as the ancient theater. The lycian tombs carved on the mountain and the highlight of the town is just about 15 to 20 minutes walk away.

EUR15 per night with breakfast, friendly staff, it's a family-run guesthouse, highly recommended.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Beaches
  • Written May 29, 2012

Fethiye Guesthouse

• fethiye48 profile photo fethiye48
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sun Set Beach Club Neptune 2 Self Catering Apart: Sun Set Beach Club Holiday Apart

Self catering fantastic beachfront holiday apartment rental in Calis Beach, Fethiye. This beachfront vacation apartment offers stunning sea views, in fully self sufficient complex Sunset Beach Club with all facilities; private beach, outdoor pools, heated indoor pool, market, restaurant, café & bar, internet, Spa & Turkish Bath, Fitness, etc.
The house is in the same at 5-10 minutes walking distance to the center of Calis. You can take the local transports passing by the complex every 5 minutes to all directions like Fethiye, Oludeniz (Blue Lagoon), Hisaronu, etc.

House Type: Two storey apartment (First + top floors)

Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms, sleeps up to 6, one ensuite double, one double and one twin bedrooms

Bathrooms: 1 ensuite bathroom and one bathroom

wiev from balcony

• Jawnuta profile photo Jawnuta
  • Reviews: 450

JET Pension: Patara Beach and Ancient Town of Patara

We were staying here for 3 nights.
This was by far the nicest place we were staying in Turkey.
Room was decent size, clean, with AC, bath, balcony w/nice view.
Our host was fantastic taking care of our every need.
We simply felt like we were at home.

• Written August 23, 2009
Tip Photo

beautiful view from our window

• kulturat profile photo kulturat

Aygul Hotel: Breathtaking view of Oludeniz

Aygul Hotel is family owned, small hotel. Staff is friendly and fluent in English and French.

Beside the its good service, location of the hotel is perfect. The view of the Oludeniz is perfect. Since the hotel is located on a hill, weather is cooler compare to seaside hotels.

• Related to: Water Sports, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 7, 2009
Tip Photo

• jandiorbabe profile photo jandiorbabe

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marina View Apartment: Fethiye

We stayed in this apartment for a week at the end of June 2007. Its a large apartment but quite clinical with few homely touches. The master bedroom has an open-plan toilet and bath, great if you want to look at the view from the loo but not my idea of romantic! My daughter and her girlfriend found the beds too hard so they slept on the sofabed for a week. We were told it was an easy 10 minute walk to the harbour, but it was a good 20 minute walk into Fethiye walking at a fair pace with a nasty little hill on the way back (not for the unfit), in a mainly residential area with a few cheap backpackers hotels in the same road. We only had one key between 4 people, we were told for "security" reasons. This was really inconvenient as someone had to wait up to let the others in. The lady in the apartment above us was broken into while we were there via her balcony facing the pool, so we made sure the doors were always locked. The hot water runs out really quickly, in about 10-15 minutes so you have to time your showers. The gas cylinder had run out on the hob, the satellite tv didnt work and the area around the pool was quite untidy with a lot of birds droppings on the railings. The apartment is British owned but is run by a taxi driver and his wife who live locally. We stayed in Ovacik the first week and it was fabulous, the second week was a bit of a disaster. Its interesting that the previous review is posted by the owner as I recognise the name. This is not a "luxury" apartment, the view is nice, but all views in this part of Turkey are good, wherever you stay. The pool was nice and the water clean but its very small. Avoid this one.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 15, 2007

• Marty61Northampton profile photo Marty61Northampton

Marina View Apartment: Lovely holiday apartment in Fethiye

We were recommended to holiday at Marina View Apartment in Fethiye by a friend. We have spent many holidays in Turkey and especially around the Fethiye area but it has to be said this holiday was our best yet. Marina View is situated in a quiet residential area of Karagozlar about a 5/10 minute walk to the main marina and water front of Fethiye. The pretty little marina, bay waterfront of Karagoslar is only 100m away. Marina View has 3 large bedrooms all with private en-suite shower & wc, the master has a jacuzzi bath - great fun. The views from the apartment are stunning over looking the bay where yachts and boats pass by. There is a large open plan lounge, dining and kitchen. We spent many an evening with a glass of vino on the terrace and watched the sunset over the bay and mountains. There is a lovely swimming pool and sun terrace. We had a lovely time and would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Stunning views of the bay and marina, especially in the early evening or early morning to watch the sunrise, one of life's treats! The beautiful pool and sun deck also offer lovely views. You can laze in the jacuzzi bath and watch the yachts go by in the bay.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written May 19, 2007

Marina View Apartment

• kentishgirl profile photo kentishgirl
  • Reviews: 1390

Olu Deniz Camping: Backpackers and Camping

Olu Deniz is such a touristy place, and much of the accommodation there is so very expensive.When we arrived most of the budget places were booked out and so we headed a few kilometres walk outside of Olu Deniz to the camping ground.

We never actually camped, although you can if you want to.
We rented a wooden hut with private bathroom, the price included breakfast, and was set on its own beach - the beach was nowhere near as nice as the main beach in Olu Deniz, but if you diddnt want to walk into the town then it was there.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Camping, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 10, 2007

At our hut - Olu Deniz Camping

• neuromancerWILL profile photo neuromancerWILL
  • Reviews: 6

Kaan Hotel / Apartments: Turkey's Friendliest Hotel

A lovely small hotel, which is set apart from the rest by it's quality fo service. They get so much repeat custom here it is easy to see why. Kaan (pitured below with me) will go out of his way to help you get whatever you need, and his English is fantastic. If I am going to back to the Fethiye area I would have no hesitation in booking again.

Great pool with undisturbed day time sun (i.e. no tall buildings to interrupt the rays!)

Brand new apartment blocks built for 2006, with two bedrooms and en suite as well I think! Did not go in but they looked very high spec!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 21, 2006
Tip Photo

• murta profile photo murta
  • Reviews: 27

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Suara Camping: Avoid this campground

We stayed here two nights. It was very cheap but not well-kept at all. First of all, the owner was too informal.

The water didn't run at all times. The flush in the ladies' toilet wasn't working properly. It has a dish washing area but it didn't looked hygenic to me. Maybe it was the laundry area. I couldn't tell.

We were denied to use its beach on two consecutive late afternoons (remember we stayed there only two nights) because it was booked for wedding ceremonies.

One morning we wanted to have coffee and/or breakfast in its restaurant but at 9am it wasn't open yet. The staff was still sleeping. No wonder as some of them had a chat behind our tent until 2-3 am in the morning.

My suggestion: Prefer the campground next door instead. This one is run down.

The campground has a great location. It is very close to the Oludeniz National Park, to the famous white beach. So it is such a pity that it isn't run properly.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Camping, Hiking and Walking
  • Written July 23, 2006

• Alikatt profile photo Alikatt
  • Reviews: 117

Club Belcekis Beach: good hotel, nice surroundings

This is considered a 4-star hotel but I never had to bring my own towels before at any 4-star hotel I've stayed in. Anyway, I had to book this trough a local travel agency since his hotel is mainly booked through/by British tour operators. Needless to say, my ex-boyfriend and I were the only non-Brit guest. Nevertheless I chose this for its nice location in lush, lanscaped gardens and it's right on the beach. The room was clean and well maintained in a pavillion type wing off the main reception area. The service was good, the food was actually good with a fantastic Southeast Asian buffet on a weekend night. I was amazed to see Thai food being cooked on the premises by the chef. There's also hukka pipes for those who want to partake of nargile by the pool in the evenings or in the coffee place which has its own traditioonal type pavilion. There is also a gym but sadly, there are hardly any good machines in there and it is not air conditioned. Also, towels are not available poolsice. Basically it's bring your own towels. The pool has a decent restaurant that served good salads and sandwiches.

Great garden and the buildings are widely spaced and the atmosphere is relaxing, the architecture is cohesive and pleasing. The front desk managet speaks good English and addressed my question/request in a professional manner. I would stay there again but I do want to check out Hillside Beach Club on the other side of Fethiye next time.

• Related to: Family Travel, Sky Diving, Beaches
  • Written March 16, 2006

hotel facade

• FAIRYCHIMNEY profile photo FAIRYCHIMNEY
  • Reviews: 93

Naturel Camping: Kabak Bay : refreshment on the Lycian Way

you will only her the sounds of waves and songs of cicadas during your stay in kabak valley. surrounded by mountains and pine forests on three sides.the friendly chat that is warmed up by the campfire we build every hight will get cool with your beer as COLD as ice.looking up to the sky and see thousands of winking stars....just like a dream !!

staying in the bungalows(some of them only tree houses ) just by the sea and when you wake up in the next morning you feel like falling down to the sea.the breakfasts and dinners are amazingly delicious(accompanied by home made bread) especially the lental soup they serve in the beginning.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking