Ovacik Oludeniz Fethiye, Hisaronu, 48304, Turkey

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• serntar's Profile Photo

Silent Hotel

I stayed the hotel in July,2007 and I can say that it is full of nature and very silent hotel. ( Even you can hear songs of the birds if you listen carefully:) Big part of hotel's customer is coming from UK as it says in its website.

Main advantage: Food :) As an expert I can say that they are serving very good meals

Main disadvantage: it is 4-5 km far away from Oludeniz, but it has shuttles between 10-11 a.m from hotel to Oludeniz, and 4-5 p.m. vice versa.

More about Montana Pine Resort

by pistacci about Montana Pine Resort

Above all, I liked it because it is in the hills, so it is less hot then down by the sea, which can be very important if you are in Turkey during the summer season. Everything else is great, rooms, 2 swimmingpools, one of them consists of two, one above the other, creating a waterfall. Behind a waterfall is a snackbar, and beside the main pool is a turkish house, a room of thick stone with turkish traditional furniture in which you can escape from heat. The food!!! Don't get too fat!!!
Most important!!! It is above the Olu Deniz beach which is oficialy the most beautifull beach of the Mediteranian.

Paradise on Earth

We have just returned from the Montana Pine Resort after our first holiday as a couple without our children and words cannot describe the beauty of this holiday destination.
On arrival drinks were awaiting us as we signed in and our bags were taken to our room
where sandwiches were waiting for us following our slightly delayed flight from Stanstead
we were then asked if we were happy with our room before being left to settle in.
The rooms are spotless with a lovely sized bathroom and huge walk in shower. The air conditioning was adequate but I should imagine it would struggle in the very hot spells.
The complex itself is outstanding and the views are stunning over the mountains.
The food is beyond belief as the standards are very high and we struggled to get into our
clothes when we got home due to the expanding waistlines!!
As this was a chill out week for us we only went on one trip which was the Montana Boat
Trip. This is outstanding value for money at 27.50 each for the day (sterling). Maximum of 12 people per trip, there were ten of us when we went and you are treated like lords. Lunch is of the resort standard and you are waited on hand and foot, we actually got caught in a storm on the way back but it didnt spoil the day at all!
The staff are excellant and cannot do enough for you. Ferdi who worksd at the Sunset Bar
and "Shorty" who is the entertainments guy, you will see where he gets his nickname from! are lovely guys as are all the staff. With three pools to choose from they are never crowded in the day and the lunchtime menu is also great if you have room after breakfast!
Evening entertainment is fine although we found that most nights we were so full after dinner we just wanted to crash out in our rooms and watch the football!!.
We cannot recommend this resort enough and cannot fault it in any way. Will be going back again next year without a doubt.

The best hotel in probably the whole of Turkey for the price

Great location, great facilities and even greater food.
I have just returned from the maldives in january which I though was unbeatable but the Montana Pine beat it hands down.
You never felt crowded by other guests, no need to worry about not getting a sunbed-noone puts towels out so you have time for a lovely relaxing breakfast the hotle removes early towels!
Food superb-never had a bad meal and the poolside meals on Weds nights were excellent.

All staff were great but if at the Dolphin pool watch out for OSCAN AND CEMAL.Brilliant

Sunset bar look for FERDI and LOFTY at the entertainments.
The staff make you so very welcome.

Take a cab to the Oludeniz beach TKY 12 and enjoy the day-great sports and beachside bars-fabulous=and dont forget the great weather.

We will return.

A huge thanks to Cenk Ertunga the owner and Feti the Food and Bev mnanager who were always on hand.

Never heard a single complaint from anyone in 2 weeks.

Colin W

Fixable problems

by TripAdvisor Member Romangirl

This is most of my email to the owner of this resort. I hope it's helpful to future travellers:

Although we had a wonderfully relaxing week at your resort, we were, in the end, disappointed. There are operational problems in the place that are easily correctable in my view, and as such, I thought to share them with you here.

Problem number 1: Your front desk/reception staff. They are not welcoming at all, and I thought that a resort of this caliber would have a much warmer, friendlier staff in this key role. I can't tell you how terrible we felt after coming such a long way (a flight from Istanbul very early in the morning, followed by the long van ride), to have a long-faced, smug woman meet us, who spoke poor English, never smiled, and told us we were too early!!!! Of course, based on your check-in policy we were too early, but she didn't need to tell us this in such a brusque manner!!! I was ready to leave at that point, but my partner calmed me down.

We were finally shown our room by a really nice fellow, who lugged our baggage up all those steps! Hopefully, our tip was generous enough to compensate for his trouble.

Once in the room, we noticed that the air-conditioning didn't function very well. It was noisy, and didn't cool the room much at all. If you touched it, it was cold, but it wasn't sufficient to cool the entire room and the bathroom. We called reception, complained about this, and were told it would be fixed by the technical staff. Well, it seems that it never was, because we were hot and uncomfortable ALL WEEK. Some nights my partner and I woke from the heat. This from a 4-star resort??? I think the a/c units in these older rooms, or at least OUR older room (1811) should be replaced with quieter, cooler, modern units.

Problems 2, 3 and 4: the dining room: Other than the air-conditioning, our biggest complaint was with the dining room. Although the food and beverage manager is a very nice man, the co-ordination of the table turnover needs fixing. We are Italian, and as such, dine later in the evening. When we arrived in the restaurant at 8.30 pm, there wasn't a table to be found....not one. The ones that were empty were still dirty from the previous diners. We would wander around with our salads, sometimes for 10 minutes, looking for a table. We never ate out on the terrace because the lighting there is awful. We did so the first night, and couldn't see what we were eating. You need to relight this area with more luminescent, yet subtle, lighting. There's nothing romantic about not being able to see your meal.

I believe you should have a set of servers dedicated to cleaning off dirty tables for new guests, and only this. Another set of servers can be dedicated to bringing drinks. That's it. Simple solution to a very irritating problem. It seemed each evening that many staff members were running around, but not getting anything accomplished. Total confusion, lots of physical movement, which most likely contributed to the uncomfortable temperature of the dining room!

The ventilation in the dining room is bad, and again, we were uncomfortably warm and sometimes even hot if we were seated too close to the grilling station. Some nights our hair and clothes smelled of grilled meat! I suppose the ventilation system needs to be attended to. We would be fresh from our showers, walk to the restaurant, and within minutes, we would be perspiring again. I spoke to other guests about this and they agreed.

The food was of a very good quality in our view, but after the 3rd or 4th night, we found the dishes were monotonous. It seemed that each night there were the same plates prepared, and though good, things became quickly boring. I commend your cooking staff. They are very nice and helpful people.

Problem number 5: This is the problem that, if not fixed, would keep us from returning to Montana Pine. The bees around the swimming pools is a horendous problem. I was stung in the sole of my foot and suffered terrible pain for about 30 minutes. But worse than this is the FEAR of being stung. You ask that people shower before going in the pool, but it is impossible to use the shower at the main pool because it is full of bees and wasps.

There's nothing relaxing about lying by a pool while worrying that you might be stung (again)!!! This, I believe, can be easily remedied with traps, sprays, etc. I'm from America and used to stay at a country resort there which had its bee problem under control with some method, and that was years and years ago. If they could do it back in the 1970's, then I'm sure Montana Pine can find a way to control it now.

One more suggestion: The blue guest receipts should include a running subtotal at the bottom, so folks can have an idea of how much money they've cummulatively spent at each point of their holiday. I know that your computer is able to do this, because I saw it on the total bill at check-out. After each expenditure, your computer showed the new balance owed.

Thank you for your attention to this lengthy email and I hope you find my comments and suggestions of some use. We would love to return to your beautiful resort in the future, and will certainly be back in the case that the above conditions are rectified.

Fantastic - Great Vacation

Fantastic Hotel. Fantastic People. We couldn't wish for a better holiday. Best holiday we have ever had. The hotel layout was great. Fantastic views of the sea and the bay. Room was great. Staff were very friendly. Food was fresh, plentiful and a good variety. Very relaxing and great location to get into Olu Deniz and Fethiye if you want to, we did but were more than happy to lounge around one of the 3 pools. We are looking to book again for next year, so see you there.

Most peaceful scenic hotel ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member orangepeel75

We stayed at Montana in June 2005 and could not wait to come back this year. it was the first time we had ever gone back to a hotel. The hotel could not be better situated for peace and quiet and the scenery is stunning. Just go down to the sunset bar to watch the sun going down over the mountain! The hotel is set in blocks of alpine style bungalows. The rooms are cosy enough with nice bathrooms. The hotel is set between Olu Deniz and Hisaronu but not far from either. The location is fantastic for a quiet break. There are taxis at the hotel and rates are set on a board and are very reasonable. You can catch the dolmus to either resort or the bigger town of Fethiye. You must go there for the weekly market on tuesday, or visit the harbour area which is lovely. The hotel also runs a courtesy bus to the beach at Olu Deniz. You must visit the famous lagoon while you are there! The food at the hotel is lovely, lots of choice particularly the yummy desserts. We had 2 or 3 at a time! It is now half board but even fussy people could not stop tucking in. If you fancy a break though I recommend the Dragonaro chinese restuarant in Hisaronu. Its delicious and very reasonable. The entertainment was much more low key than last year thank goodness (hello lofty and shorty!) as the world cup was on and the hotel seemed much more quiet than last year, even though its never loud! The weather was beautiful but hotter than last year. Trips recommended are the Dalyan one with the mud bath! The river cruise is wonderful though. Also go on the montana boat trip, you get all your food on board and they take max 12 people so the boat is much quieter than others. We also went to Saklikent Gorge which is the 3rd highest in Europe, the cool waters certainly cooled me down for the first time whilst I was there. You only get a couple of hours there though. Finally one word of warning, take mossie repellant because they like english tourists! Or take some lemon lotion or purchase the cheap spray they have here. It works! Dont let put you off and give montana a try, you will remember it forever.

Out of this world

by TripAdvisor Member Ross1980

Words really cant describe how fantastic this hotel and its staff are!! This was our first holiday away together and this hotel has set the standard for future holidays.

From the minute we stepped off the coach we received fantastic service; our bags were carried from the coach to our room while we sipped cocktails in reception. Our room had a fantastic (you will see this word repeated a lot!) view of the grounds and mountains.

The pools....fantastic. There was no 5am rising to get that prime sunbed - some days the beds were still empty around midday. The hotel has a rule that no sunbeds can be reserved which makes life a lot easier and allows for a relaxing breakfast. You have three pools to choose from, each of which have enough sunbeds for everyone and a sun brolly per two beds.

The food is brilliant. My girlfriend is quite a fussy eater at times and was worried that there would be nothing that she liked. However, each night we ended up waddling towards the bar with that discomfort yet satisfied feeling. You could have salads/pasta/bread/meats/fish/vegetables/rice/cous cous/chips....you get the picture. Then the deserts - at least 6 to choose from each night and then there was fruit as well if you could fit any more in. Breakfast was the same but this time you had the added bonus of the chef making you an omlette/pancake in front of you!! To top it off we also there were two special nights where the reasturant was moved outside and you were all seated around the main pool. They then laid on entertainment throughout the night. In other turkish hotels that my girlfriend has stayed in, this would have be an additional cost but this was included within the price.

The hotels boat trip is a must. The best £55 spent (for both of us!) You are treated like royalty and waited on hand and foot all day from 9am throught to 6.30pm. You travel around the 12 islands of Fethiye and stop off at various lagoons where you can swim and snorkel. You are then given lunch which really should be renamed a feast. There was so much food yet the kitchen was no bigger than a broom cupboard.

This may be a long review on the hotel and you may think we are exaggerating but trust us this will be the best value for money you ever spend on a holiday. I could continue writing about how fantastic the entertainment and staff are but really you need to experience it for yourself.

Enjoy

Nice hotel, but........

by TripAdvisor Member Tasminboy

We have just came back from holiday for one week with my wife and two teenage sons, we enjoyed the holiday at Montana Pines but was a little dissapointed in the hotel itself.

Firstly although clean the rooms were a little basic, also after looking into a number of the rooms there are big variations in the size and obviously the positioning within the hotel.

Get a nice one over looking the pool area and you won't be unhappy but there were some small and very dark rooms with absolutely no view what so ever. Mention that you want a second floor room with a pool view when you book. We were also given a room with two single beds instead of a double for my wife and I which obviously wasen't ideal.

The hotel staff were OK if a little 'vague', Lofty the entertainer was great and did his best to keep people entertainied. The front desk staff and other officials however were hopeless and I witnessed several big rows with the desk staff during my stay with other guests.

- If you can speak German then you will have no trouble!....

The resident guitar entertainer was also just about bearable but became irritaiting after a while. The other nightly entertainment was OK and featured some of the day staff doing the dancing etc.

After reading some of the reviews I was expecting big things from the food but alas the breakfast was rubbish with very little choice and the evening meal at best being OK but no great shakes and seemed to be a little 'samey' each night.

Also watch out for the 'free' complimentary orange juice as you end up being charged for this also!

The complex is quite hilly and if you get one of the rooms at the very back of the hotel then you are in for some serious up hill walking which if you are a little unsteady on your feet will be an issue especially in the mid day heat - or after a heavy session at the bar!

The pools are great, sunbeds were relatively easy to come by unless some of the other brits have put their towels out early!.

The local beach (3km away) was also great with some good bars and reasonable restaurants and the taxi's were a fixed rate and quite cheap(ish).

In our opinion the hotel is not really aimed at families and dosen't seem to offer anything for teenage kids at all so bear this in mind.

heaven

by TripAdvisor Member fluffychambers

just returned from this hotel on the 28th of august 2006, what a fabulous hotel, food is brilliant staff are so helpful and the rooms are spotless clean. couple of points to remember you are given a type of credit card to buy all drinks and either lunch or dinner depending which basis you are booked under it saves you carrying money all the time, but beware there is a tax which is added on. apart from that you will have a great time and you will be impressed with the scenery its out of this world.

Comments