The Tower

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about The Tower

Awful Hotel Badly Runned

by TripAdvisor Member 2006hine

i have just come back from the Tower Hotel in Olu deniz, what can i say apart from dont bother!

It states its a 3* but is more like 1*

WE went HB and the food was awful, buffet every night flys hanging around the food as it is kept outside, the breakfast was dry bread olives and cheese

I was ill from the food for 4 days luckily I have enough immodium to keep me going through to the end of the holiday, we had a maid come to our room twice in the whole week! thats was the first 2 days only, oh and I forgot to mention that when we arrived we were put in some basement room, no balcony or pool view just lots of cochroches! the next day i complained so we moved with a pool view, their was dead flys splattered all over the walls in the new room, the toliet stank of sewerage.

apart from that the bar staff ebu in particular were lovley drinks very over priced though compared to town.
The manager was very miserable she sat around the bar with her daughter looking very depressed and shouting at the bar staff
Thye bar staff used to make jokes about her as she sometimes would fall asleep at the bar.

the pool was nice not too small and the loation isnt too bad
its about 20 minute walk to the lagoon, I will definately be returning to Olu deniz as Its a gorgeous place with plenty to do but will never ever return to such a badly runned hotel

Hmmm

by TripAdvisor Member 00bex00

Ive just recently moved out to Turkey to work with my boyfriend and we needed somewhere to stay for a few nights before the apartment was sorted. So while in England we booked 3nights at the tower hotel. The previous year i had stayed at the majestic (the hotel next door)and was very impressed with the hotel. However when we got in the room we found an infestation of ants crawling on the bed and all over the floor, to top it off the floor was like a swimming pool!! We realised that this may have been because we had a leaking ceiling. Luckily for us we knew we would be leaving in a couple of nights so we didnt complain. For us it was just a palce to sleep. However we did sit around the pool and had the odd snack and drink and we were overcharged by almost 120lire when we paid the bill which is about 40pounds. The previous comment which i have just read shows that they also had the same problem. We also found that the staff were very sullen, and in our short stay 2 lively members of staff were sacked...guess why?? because they were too happy. Surely the managers should know when people are on holiday they like happy smiley bar staff. Anyway all i can say is for a short stay like my own its fine, but for a long stay id reccommend the villa beldeniz, a hotel just down the road which is absoloutley immaculate with plasma tvs, and it worked out a lot cheaper a night.

Pleased with this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member snowball01

We stayed for a week in June and were totally happy with the place. We weren't expecting an amazing hotel for the price we got. We had no issues with any insects in our room, perhaps because it was on the 1st floor and our rooms were cleaned daily.

The rooms were basic but that was fine as all we did was sleep there, we found the rooms clean, along with the pool area - the pool seemed to be spotless. Yes, breakfast was basic but it was fine - fresh bread and feta, tomatoes, eggs.

We were altogether pleased with this place - and I am rather critical too, but we couldn't fault it. Good location etc. We would even stay there again as found it such good value for money and clean. There is so much to do in Olu Deniz so it really is somewhere just to sleep.

Another couple we knew came out at the same time and they were impressed too.
The pool area is pretty and the bar was nice. I wouldn't bother going half board as the restaurants are round the corner and are lovely and cheap! Recomment the hotel on the beach - Belecez plaza I think it was called - gorgeous food and so reasonable.

I would recommend this place - don't go by the negative comments here - its no 5 star hotel, but its fine and importantly clean.

OK as a last minute booking

by TripAdvisor Member travelsmitten

We booked this Hotel as a last minute booking and so did not expect too much. I can honestly say though that the rooms were small but clean. A little attention needs to be paid to cleaning around taps and toilets but other than that the beds were changed and made everyday and the women that cleaned were always happy and helpful. The air conditioning is £3 per night which is a must in the heat. The children found the hotel friendly and loved the pool. We did not use the bar throughout our stay and preferred to eat out in the evening. Would we stay again? Well no is the honest answer but perhaps we are used to choosing our hotels well in advance. Can we recommend it? Yes I think we can, it is the sort of hotel that reminds us of a Travel Lodge, somewhere to lay your head and use as a base. Oludeniz is a lovely resort that has grown up a great deal since our last visit 4 years ago. Things are a lot more expensive but still there are bargains to be had. A trip down the road to Hisaronu is recommended for cheaper prices. All in all we had a good holiday and everyone enjoyed the stay.

average

by TripAdvisor Member susieblu

we stayed at the tower for 11 days,we ad no problems with ants or mozzi,s,if you take ur plug ins thrs no probs,and as for ants,we only saw them by the pool,and basically we av experienced them were ever we av been,the hotel staff are very happy and friendly,yes the manager isnt too talkative,but who cares,the staff made up for that?i appreciate that in the busy months it may have been quite busy round the pool,but in sep we ad no probs gettin a lounger,even if we went to the pool at dinner,its not a child friendly hotel tho,nothin goin on for the kids at all,more for couples,we went into olu deniz nearly every nite,and found pepino,s,help,and cloud 9 to be some of the best restaurants,and buzz beach bar was lovely too,u can sit upstairs and look out over the bay,our trip in a taxi to hissaranou was terrifing to say the least,mad turkish the taxi driver told us???but lovely place wen u get thr,all in all we had a lovely time on our hols,at the hotel and the resort.... would i go back to the tower hotel?no,it was basic,but clean, but it didnt spoil our holiday,it is what you make it in the end, susie 38,lee 30.

Loved The Tower Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nat_garland2

My husband and i along with our 5 year old son stayed at the Tower Hotel last year and enjoyed it so much we are returning this year! We were on the ground floor facing the pool which we were happy with having a 5 year old, no stairs! We had no insect problems ( a few ants sure, but they're just ants!!) and our room was cleaned, our bed linen changed and fresh towels every day.
After reading the other reviews I totally agree about the staff, they were miserable! But you spend 365 days a year watching other people have fun on holiday whilst you serve them and try and raise a smile every day. Saying that however they were all fantastic with our son, even the cleaning ladies who carried him around half the day cooing!

The pool area was great, not too busy but still lively. We spent a couple of days just sat round it sunning ourselves. Of an afternoon fresh baked apple pies, chocolate cake, tea and coffee were available which I did find a bit unusual as it was 44 C but that didn't seem to bother my son and husband who enjoyed them very much.

Oludeniz itself was beautiful with so much to do. The blue lagoon is not quite what you see on the pictures but still pretty enough. One thing I would advise though is not to take the main path to the Lagoon, this way you have to pay for the privilage of using a pathed path and the beach that side is small and not very nice. Instead, on the main road to the Lagoon stay to the right and keep walking down this road. You will reach a gated holiday park with tiny cabins on. Here you do not have to pay, there is real sand ( not shingle like the main beach ) free showers and changing cubicles. There are also decked seating areas with huge scatter cushions on and a lovely beach bar serving excellent food, very trendy and modern. This side of the Lagoon is what you were expecting when you first seen the " Blue Lagoon" pictures in your brochure!

Places i would recommend to eat are Pepinos, the staff here were lovely. Buzz Beach bar the best food of anywhere i've been, EVER and a fantastic atmosphere and lastly the all you can eat chinese in Hisaronu.Its not buffet style all you can eat like here in England, you order from the menu, as many times as you like ( to my husbands joy! ). The chinese is also a good place to change your money to with an excellent exchange rate!

Family run hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JALM

This is a lovely hotel about a 3 min walk to the front of the resort. We booked half board but would recommend B&B as evening meal is just given to you. no buffet to choose from. if your a fussy eater you'll go hungry. The staff were all lovely and really friendly always wanting know what you've been up to.

lovely holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Mayatt

My partner and i stayed here in June 2007, and after reading some of the reviews, we were not sure what to expect. However, i can honestly say, this is a great, clean, friendly, well maintained property.

Im not sure what some of the other reviewers were harping on about - they obviously have no idea or respect for different cultures and life styles. You go to a hot country - you expect to get some flys!! You go to turkey - you eat Turkish food!! Blood down the walls!???! RUBBISH

The rooms are cleaned when you put the tag on the door (as they try to run a more environemntally friendly system, where you decide if you want your room done or not) The rooms are basic but equipped with all the neccessary. It definitely lives up to its three star rating.

The pool area is fab, so quiet and tranquil. watch out as it can be a bit slippy though.

The staff cant do enough for you. The men are not constantly looking down your top like in some countries. They work so damm hard - its makes you realise how lucky us Brits are!

Yes the owner's wife does sometimes sit around and fall asleep - but only because she has worked a fifteen hour shift. Its quite a homely environment. They have a dog called Bobby, who bless him, had his leg munched by a wild boar - so he hobbles round with a limp. For all you cat lovers, there are some kittens who live on one of the terraces ( i could'nt help but smuggle some sausage meat from breakfast for them each day!)

Food is traditional turkish - but there is other stuff available throughout the day. The location of the hotel is spot-on. Your just high enought to be away from the noise of the bars, shops and beach but close enough to take a five min stroll down to them if you fancy it. It really is beautiful, you are surrounded by huge mountains - next to a turqouise blue sea.

I am definitely going to go to the tower again. The staff work so hard and its really rather annoying to see such utter rubbish written about this hotel in previous reviews.

Fantastic Holiday!!

by TripAdvisor Member Aisling-C

My two friends and I arrived in Turkey 26th June '07. Through reading the reviews about our hotel prior to the trip, we did not know what to expect. When we arrived at Tower Hotel we were delighted! The room was clean and spacious and the hotel had a lot of charm and character! Over our two week stay our room was cleaned daily with fresh linen and towels provided. The bar man 'Ufuk' was a complete gem, who made our stay even more worthwhile. His warm and friendly manner made us feel right at home when home was far. I don't normally like going back to the same place twice however after such a great holiday, I look forward to returning to Olu Deniz and the Tower Hotel next summer!! Aisling Cunningham

what more can i say!!!

by TripAdvisor Member manxbabe

just back from a second stay at the tower hotel ,spotlessly clean ,great service,brilliant staff in fact so good we are going back in a few weeks for a two week stay!!

The inside of a tombThe inside of a tomb

Stunning Views at Marina ViewStunning Views at Marina View

The deserted town of KayakoyThe deserted town of Kayakoy

Common octopusCommon octopus

dolphins in kas

by karenpatricia

Can any one let me know any details about the water park in kas we went to lykia world last october and were told about water park but were advised by tour rep not to go as the dolphins were not v well looked after,My 10yr daughter really wants to swim with dolphins when we go back to lykia world next june. Is it worth going to?

RE: dolphins in kas

by infinitys

hi,

my advise is to make your reservation from a travel agency in your home country,otherwise you will be in a trouble when you will come to Turkey.The hotel that you are talking about is quite famous around kas region,I dont know too much details about the facilities of the hotel.

RE: dolphins in kas

by tiggerdane

Hi there

I actually did the swim with the dolphin and two white beluga whales in Kas. The dolphin is very well looked after and is really happy. The keepers are Russian and the swim is well worth the money. I have also done it in Florida and Kas is better because you do it on a one to one basis. I go again in May this year and will definitely be going to do it again. By the way it cost me about £35 for 15 minutes, in Florida is £150.

Have fun, your daughter will love it.

RE: RE: dolphins in kas

by godibib

cant find anymore info on dolphins in turkey

any help

hughes.lee@ntlworld.com

RE: RE: dolphins in kas

by jacqui1301

Hi, how did you book, please Tiggerdane?

Comments