Club Gumusluk

YalI Mevkii, Gumusluk, Turkey

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Gumusluk

Sunset from the Beach Restaurant accomodationSunset from the Beach Restaurant accomodation

Delicious fresh fried small fishesDelicious fresh fried small fishes

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit RabbitRabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Gumusluk, seen from Rabbit IslandGumusluk, seen from Rabbit Island

Buying a property in Gunusluk

by sunnyboy_1

Hi
Can anyone give me any information on living in Gumusluk. We are buying a small appartment, which we have not seen. From what im reading it sounds very nice, rural, quite and peaceful which is what we would like, but there seems to be quite a lot of development going on, where is it going to end? We had a short visit a few years back on a gullet, but dont remember too much.
All replys and information gratefully received.
Mark

by brotherleelove

I loved Gumusluk when I was there in the late 90's, it was still a fairly quiet seaside village then, but the signs were apparent that things were changing. While I was there I met an American woman who had fallen in love with Gumusluk and had moved there. A year later she was back in the States, sad and disillusioned because of how much development had occurred and how much more was under way. Apparently it's become one of those "best-kept secrets" that everyone now knows about.

The nice thing is that it's close to Bodrum for shopping and nightlife, and no matter what happens to the village, the water is still beautiful and warm in the summertime.

by TwinsMum

HI Mark, we bought a house in Gumusluk and we love the area.
Yes there is alot of developement going on, but it has to be kept low rise and also there is no building works allowed during the summer season. so your peaceful drink on the terrace shouldnt be ruined by the sounds of machinery buzzing away in the distance!!
Where are you buying?
WE dealt with a brilliant agent. Hope you had a good experience with yours. I know alot dont have that pleasure!!
Best of luck

by rachel_sun

I do not understand how you can buy an apartment without even visiting the area it is in before buying.Hopefully you will like the area and apartment. Make sure you get the habitation certificate and make sure you use a good solicitor. Make sure the Tapu is checked and everything on it looks correct when you recieve it. If it is a new build make sure you get a certificate stating it is earthquake proof etc. If it is a second hand property make sure the old owners have a habitation certificate to give to you when the sale goes through. If they have not tell them they must get it as you will not continue without it. As you need this by law now as to have legal water and electric connection. Many houses do not have it(old houses).
Good luck with it all.

by uyavas0glu

nice place but there is much more good places,it s about price,if it s cheep
no probs.you have to get photos about the apartment.

by Galan9

Hi , i'm going to buy a land and build a house. The company Cakmak will take in charge everything : build, tapoo, notary etc...Can anyone give me any informations about the cost/prices for a house 120m2 living area in Gumusluk and any informations about the the company Cakmak ?

How is the weather of Gumusluk in winter : from november to Feburary ?
Are there alot of tourists in winter overthere ? Thanks, Alan

by opusg4

Hi there,how are you?......we have also bought a place in Gumusluk.......see us on www.opusbodrum.com......we are g4......gumusluk is a lovely little place there will be no building down at the village [rabbit island side]where have you bought?we are about 1 mile outside the village on the road to Yaliakivak.......it is a bigger town lots of shops and a market on thursdays...you will love it there .we are from N Ireland......enjoy!

Travel Tips for Gumusluk

Rabbit Island

by ruffen

Don't forget to have your swimgear with you.
You have to go into the water to get to the Rabbit Island!!!
It's not that long walk, but you will have water almost up to your swim"trousers".

What's to see?
Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.... There's a lot of them there!!! But they are shy :(

You also get a nice view to Gumusluk bay.

Secret natural pool

by pavlo

There is a loverly natural pool at the end of the bay! The pool gets filled naturally when it is windy so the water is relativly fresh! Plus not that many people know about it. Its great to watch the sunset from and relax in a warm pool of water! I only discovered it this year and I have been going to Gumusluk for nine years.

The location is at the end of the bay past the hotel at the end and from there it is about a ten minutes walk. Make sure you take a torch as it can be quite dangerous coming back when it is dark. If you can ask a local where it is.

Gumusluk

by pavlo

"Gumusluk"

Located in the South West of Turkey, Gumusluk is the ideal holiday destination for those of you that want a quite holiday away from it all. The resort is situated on the grounds of an ancient city, know as Myndos. Beacuse of this Gumusluke is protected against developments, which means unlike many other holiday destinations it has not been over exposed. Bars & Restaurants are also forbidden from playing music too loud. But it is the people who live in the village itself that make the place as they are some of the friendliest people you have ever met, and will go to almost any length to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Gumusluk - Fried Fresh Fish For Fishlovers

by ruffen

"Fish in Gumusluk is a must !!!"

Whenever in Bodrum area you have to go to Gumusluk to have fish for dinner.
Even the people that don't like fish that much, love the fish in Gumusluk.

"Lots of fish restaurants"

The fishes comes in all shapes and sizes. They are displayed in front of the restaurant. Just point at the fish you want and remeber to ASK FOR THE PRICE!!!!

When I was there in the 90'ties an english friend (who invited me to fish dinner) didn't ask... He started to order a LOT of fishes. I managed to convince him that it was far to much fish for the two of us. Luckily he lisened to me, but still we didn't manage to eat all of it.
What abouth the bill? He got a shock (haha), stared at me and cleared his throat before "Do you think I can do the dishes?" He didn't have to, I rescued him.

VT'ers comments - smoking fish

by ruffen

"Hey, why don't my wife have a scarf?"

My friends and me had to laugh when we saw this guy :--))
Think some other vt'ers have too.... Got some comments and e-mails and thought I should keep'em.
- - - - -
- Funny fish pic, a real Fishwife next to her husband lol.
- beeing a non-smoker myself, I will insist of beeing served NON-smoking-fishes from now on...
- Despite being Norwegian, I don't really like fish, especially if they smoke. hehehe
- I love the smoking fish with the shades hahahahahahahaha
- OK, so sunglasses it is then.
- Such cool fish!!
Does he realy remind you of some person you know?
- i loved the picture of your friend in Gumusluk !! :-D reminds me someone but i am not sure :-D
- The fish's face reminds me to one of my senior's face. Is it ok if I copy that pic and send it to him?
Someone said Marlon Brandon...

Comments