3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

More about Crystal Hotel Bodrum

Loved it!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member holiday_girlsss

We stayed in the Club crystal hotel for a week in June.
We had previously read other reviews, but we just thought 'What the hell, its a cheap holiday!!'.

We arrived to a steap hill, but had previously read about this.
We pulled up outside, and the appearance of the hotel was lovely.

The first day there, the weather was dull and miserable, but we were tired from travelling the day before, so we were happy to explore the hotel, and have a sleep in our rooms, (which were incredibly clean!)

We also heard that it was recently an 18-30 hotel, and had just been taken over. So the food was okay, nothing special, but for the price we paid for the holiday, we wernt expecting 3 course meals every night!

The entertainment seemed to get better every night. After all, we were on holiday, and we were going to relax no matter what it was like! However, you definately need a sense of humour to go here!

We had 5 days of glorious sunshine and really hot weather. We thought the pool was lovely, really BIG, and had music played by the pool side everyday, and entertainment too! (so you wouldnt get bored)

Overall, after reading some of the reviews, its enough to put you off. But after all, its a holiday, and there is nowhere that you could wake up everymorning and eat your breakfast on a terrace outside with the view like the one you had!

We had a fab time! And are going back in september for my friends birthday!

We have read inprevious reviews about the drinks being watered down, and no sign of cocktails. We recieved cocktails hen we asked, AND we thought they put far too much alcohol in the drinks, so it was perfect for us =D

good value basic inclusive hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EdinburghUnbiased

stayed at the hotel for two weeks from 8/0607 have read the other reports I must say that my experience was fine allocated a nice room with balcony on arrival rooms were kept clean and cleaned every day food was ok. food was typical turkish fare with pasta etc available
we always found something to eat . there was a few complaints from the fish and chip brigade who expected burgers and chips every night and would be better going to Blackpool or Benedorm if they want that type of holiday. Hotel is on a hilside there regular buses (dolmus) to Gumusluk and turgtreis every 10-15 minutes where there are plenty of good restauants and bars only minor irk was there was no cocktails or international spirits available and no ice cream for kids unless purchased at the small shop
The hotel has been recently taken over new management last 8 weeks and they are trying to improve the service We worked out what we paid for the fortnight and we feel we got a good deal well worth a visit as I believe the new owners are moving in the right direction

I would not reccomend hotel for elderly or disabled due to to location

WELL...................where do i start.

by TripAdvisor Member vicky24

My boyfriend and I have just come back from a week stay at this hotel. Like everyone else we read the reveiws before going and needless to say we were very nervous, but as this was our only holiday of the year we decided not to change and just chance it. What a mistake that was :(
The Food and drink was awful and there were a few days where i just didn't eat at all. The Food was very basic and coverd in flies. I MUST STRONGLY advise you not to drink the water from the coolers as they fill them up with tap water and we met another welsh couple who got very ill and had to be taken into hospital for a kidney infection. They serv hamburgers and fries down by the larger pool, so these are ok if you have children.
The rooms are very basic and very, very small, but clean. The entertainment was awful and they played the same music everynight.
There isn't much to do at the hotel and me being only 23 and my boyfriend only 24, we did get bored on times. So I strongly advise taking or buying some playing cards. That's what kept us going most nights. We played cards and got drunk :)
The hotel is NOT ieal for poeple with walking difficulties but it does state it's on a hill top position. So we can't really complain there.
The only good thing about this hotel was the buses that run everyday which costs next to nothing about £1.50-£3.00, depending on where you go. There is also a bus which takes you to and from the beach everyday (which looks nothing like the photos) and there is a lovely resteraunt and it's sooooo cheap.
All of the photo's you will see look nothing like the hotel is self and the only thing i say is please, please listen to these reviews and cancel your holiday here and book somewhere closer to Bodrum or Gumbet.
Overall we only paid £250.00 pp to go so at least i now know you certainly get what you pay for in Turkey.

The worst hotel EVER!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Charl_Sean

We booked this holiday a week before we was supposed to go through Teletext we where told this was a 5 star when we got there, there was only 4 stars above the door. We was told this is in Bodrum only to find out we was over an hour away. We was told it has an onsite beach - we had to catch a bus to get to it.

When we arrived the hotel looked ok, certainly not 5 or 4 star - room & pool was ok. When we went down to eat our food we found that the food was not covered by anything and was swamped with thousands of flies!!! We thought it's ok we will eat out only to find we was in the middle of nowhere and there was nowhere to eat anything!!!

The next day we got up for breakfast to find the same thing again - thousands of flies sharing our food. We ended up getting some bread and crisps from the onsite shop which cost about £5 for 1 bag of crisps and ate the crisps on bread.

We eventually caught up with the hotel rep to find around 40 other poeple complaining about the hotel - everyone wanted to be moved. From around 11am to 10:45pm we argued with the rep who wanted to charge us £180 per person to change hotels - we ended up paying £45 per person. All 40/50 of us sat in the hotel reception refusing to move until they moved us to another hotel, we was advising all the new comers to NOT sign in.

We evetually was all moved (around 60 of us including new comers) to the Green Beach Resort where we found everything to be 5 star - food, place, amenties all great!!! I would definately recommend this hotel (it has a 24hr bar) - plenty of things to do of all ages!!!

If you have booked the Crystal I strongly recommend you to call your travel agents and change before its too late!!!

hotel from hell

by TripAdvisor Member tescobird

if u are booked up 2 go 2 this hotel please please cancel , i took my son on holiday 4 the first time and it was a horrible time , it is advertised as a 5star but it clearly states when u get there its a 4star , but i wouldn't even give it one it needs 2 be bombed it looks nothing like the picture , it is a hour and a half away from airport its in the middle of nowhere , the rooms are so small u could not swing a cat and if u asked 4 a upgrade it will cost u 120 pounds , the food is terrible its fly invested , the pools are dirty , the pool bar is awful the guy that cooks doesn't seem 2 mind where his fag ash goes , they make the drinks up with tap water which meant people were dropping like flies 4 were taken 2 hospital 2 weeks before i got there it was rat invested and there was a riot , this hotel is a joke i could go on and on there is so much to tell , lucky for me and my son forty two other people complained and caused a sit in which resulted in us being moved to the green beach which was heaven compared to what we had , the only good thing that came out of that hotel was the great people that me and my son met please stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!!!

Jump!!Jump!!

Fishingly friends in Gumusluk. Tasty friends ;)Fishingly friends in Gumusluk. Tasty friends ;)

View to the east from Rabbit IslandView to the east from Rabbit Island

Fishingly FriendsFishingly Friends

Buy a house at Gumusluk

by Galain09

Hello , i'm going to buy a land and build a house. The company Cakmak will take in charge everything : build, tapoo, notary etc...Can anyone give me any informations about the cost/prices for a house 120m2 living area in Gumusluk and any informations about the the company Cakmak ?

How is the weather of Gumusluk in winter : from november to Feburary ?
Are there alot of tourists in winter overthere ? Thanks, Alan

I want to donate a house with 2 rooms

by michaelbenedit

I want to donate a house with 2 rooms to a young famely.House is not for rent or for sale to see , it is a DONATION.
All I want is to find a serious family who need a new beginning, to donate this house.
If it is someone interested please replay to me at email mos.nicolae2@yahoo.com