Hisaronu, 48300, Turkey
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about St Nicholas Park

Really nice hotel in a wicked area

by TripAdvisor Member chunkymonkeyMidlands

Hi
Just got back from 2 weeks in the St nicholas Park hotel and appartments in Hisaronu.
We were blessed with the best weather they have had in October for years...high 80's.
The hotel is in such an amazing area, never been to Turkey before , but this area was stunning.

Basic hotel, but all you need. Good staff who are really helpful and great views.
Only warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are given room 701 / 702 / 703 DO NOT LEAVE THE RECEPTION!!!!!!!
Unless you are a trog!! they are not fit to renr out.
We\were changed straight to 105 which was great.

3 pools...no shortage of sun beds at all.
I wasnt impressed with the hotel restaurant but the day time pool bar food is fine. But with just a 15 minute walk through pine forrests to the town and lots of good eating places.
I would recomend....Cheers as a 1st class place too eat , from breaki through to evening meal.Go and see Peter and let him spoil you.The lime tree is also good food.

Catch a Dolmus to Oli deniz or fethiye for 5 lire and see the whole area.
I did a Paraglide from Babadag mountain 1900mtrs (6500 feet) top to bottom.It took 45 mins to get down and was an amazing experiance....I can not describe it. We went with Focus but Sky sports also good. Do not get dragged into using a cheap scate firm this could be your life we are putting a price on.

All I can say is .. when am I going back????? next year def.

Book and enjoy..... great value for money.... good staff..... countryside to dream off.

Jac

can't wait to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member suzyl27

We stayed at st nicholas park at the beginning of the month and had a fantastic time. We were two adults and two children and we stayed in the self catering apartments which were spotlessly clean and quite spacious for turkey. Everything about our stay was superb, the staff are very friendly and helpful and we were most impressed with the stocked fridge we arrived to. The location was great for us, you feel like you are away from everything, noise etc, but just a few minutes stroll from Hisaronu and a short taxi/dolmus ride from olu deniz. The kids (and us!) had lots of fun on the water slides, and when we were bored of the pool we went down to the hotels beach on the lagoon which was very clean, with nice clear water which the kids did some snorkelling in. There are many great places to eat in Hiasronu we recommend Castello Turkish/mexican/italian great food and views, and in olu deniz the buzz bar, stunning location and super coctails (7-8, 10-11 happy hour) they will even collect you foc from the hotel if you ring them! can't wait to go back! gule gule!

Just Average

by TripAdvisor Member morby1000

Just got back from St.Nicholas Park Apartments at beginning of August 2008. If anyone gets put in rooms 701, 702 and 703 then please complain as they are under the end of the pool, very dark, and are very substandard when compared with the other apartments on the complex. We were informed by other guests that in the past they had been staff accomodation. They were very poor standard and smelt very strongly of sewage and ours (701) had a hole in the bedroom floor and a crack all the way up the bathroom wall to the underside of the pool. When we complained to the manager he immediately gave us keys to another apartment which was much, much better. Apparently other families had complained before us and had been moved and the next family in that room also complained and were moved. They appeared to be aware that these rooms were not up to the standard of the rest of the complex but were hoping people did not complain. Otherwise apartments OK, but everyone saying that drink and food prices had gone up a lot and that those who had been there before were likely not to return. Sunbeds were another problem with people putting towels on them before 5am, later in the second week the management started removing any towels on the beds before 8am !!
Weather was very hot, Olu Deniz is beautiful and Hisaronu has every type of restauraunt, bar, and fake designer shop's you could wish for. Locals very friendly and enjoy a little banter. Food in the restauraunts was generally very good with The Lemon Tree being the best we ate at but lots of others were very good aswell.
Our first visit to Turkey and Olu Deniz / Hisaronu, will probably return but very likely not to these apartments.

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member HampshireTitchy1

We have just returned from staying for 2 weeks at St Nicholas Park. This was our first visit toTurkey and we (myself, my husband and two children, 13 and 16) all really enjoyed it.

We stayed on self-catering basis. The apartment was extremely clean, towels and bedding regularly changed. One morning we didn't have time to do the washing up from breakfast so thought we'd do in on our return, only to find the maids had done it for us.
The staff here are extremely friendly.....nothing is too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant afew times and the food and service was first class....Memhet the waiter made our meals so much more enjoyable. We ate at the poolside some days and again the food was lovely...all very reasonably priced.

There is some entertainment but it is the same every week so if you see it all the first week then the second time round is somewhat boring, We were out and about so saw most of it over the two weeks. The Turkish BBQ night is worth doing. good fun and the food and drink is included in the price so good value too. Our apartment was quite near the pool area but we were not disturbed by the noise from the entertainment.

The bus that runs from here to the beach is fab, runs at 10 and 11am returning at 4 and 5pm. The beach it goes to is lovely....sunbeds costing 5 lire. Food and drink we fully expected to be high here but we were pleastantly surprised. We preferred this beach to the others we went to.

The walk into Hisaronu takes about 10mins and is a lovely. The walk back up the hill is refreshing at the end of the evening when it is somewhat cooler. You can get a taxi but unless you have trouble walking it's hardly worth it.

All together we had a truely fab holiday and we would highly recommend staying here.

Love It !

by TripAdvisor Member Ravagee

Turkey and this hotel is my favourite place in the world to stay ive been to the hotel 9/10 we go every because we love it so much. The Staff are amazingly friendly we know the boys at the bar well as we see them each year. The pools are very nice indeed the is also to slides at the hotel wich is brilliant for when your board and want to have a laugh. The is a resturant at the hotel also twp bars woodpecker bar and the one at the poolside. Woodpecker has a couple of pool or snooker tables not sure wich . It is walkerable down to Hisarunu or the walk to Kaya is reasonable long but fun. Many things to do in Turkey St . Nickolas park haas its own beach wich is great fun clear water , you just take the bus down there. Hisarunu is alive at night with bars resturants shops ect . I really love this hotel and turkey :)

Dont Go

by TripAdvisor Member NewcastleFamily

We have just returned from our holiday and we feel like we need another one to get over this hotel. We had to set the alarm clock at 6am every day to get sun beds by the baby pool as we had a 1 year old with us. The pool area was always over crowded and noisey. The hotel had double booked 2 large wedding partys of 50 plus guests. They were shipped out to accoumadation all over the town. The room was very small and dark. The terrace could only fit 2 people and there were 4 of us. Our baby went to sleep every afternoon at the same time and the maid would arrive to clean the room at this time. Hence the room was only cleaned 3 times in the 2 weeks. The entertainment the advertise starts at 11pm, no good if you have small ones. We spoke to people who have gone to this hotel year after year but said they would not be returning any more. On a good note the resturant on a evening was excellent. Good food and service.

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member chewyandem

The accommodation is basic but no complaints, the rooms are quite small but wasn't a problem as your not there to stay in your room! There are hairdryers in the rooms and towels but not for use at the pool or beach so take a beach towel. The staff are really good fun and friendly, there is evening entertainment which is nothing amazing but good for a laugh! There are 2 pools, 1 with slides and we had no problems getting sunbeds, a lot of people spend there time at the private beach which is worth a visit if just for the views and a go on the pedalo!

The hotel is about a 10 min walk to the main strip which we really liked as you were far enough away from the noise but not too far to walk in the evening. It is quite hilly so not good for all. The restaurants are quite similar, they all do every cuisine you can think off. We liked Castello's (on the main strip) and Mariners Fish restaurant (set aback from the road slightly, behind the mosque) the best, remember these if your going cos you will come across some bad ones if ur not careful. The best meal we had though was at the hotel and it was the cheapest! We went B&B and I'm glad we did but the breakfast did get a bit boring after a while.

Everything is really cheap, a 2 course meal plus drinks cost us about £35, we exchanged our money out there as you get more for your money. Don't forget your £10 each for the visa at the airport, don't give them a £20 as they will take that for one person and not give you change!! We travelled with Jewel in the Crown holiday and we only did the Dalaman departure trip on our last day as we had a night trip. The mud baths, tomb and beach was great but the hotel you got at the end to change, eat and rest before being picked up was really grotty so we wouldn't do it again. Overall we had a great holiday, the location of this hotel is great and you get a nice breeze as you are near the mountains.

Fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SJP2

Very 1st recommendation before you go. If you can take sterling cash - do so as virtually everywhere (shops/restaurants/tour agencies) accept notes/coins. Check rate of Lira before you go though.

Myself and a friend who have worked in the travel industry for over 20 years have just recently returned from a fantastic holiday to the St Nicholas Park having travelled with Jewel in the Crown holidays who were very good and very reasonable in price if you want a cheap holiday to the sun.

Having visited various parts of Turkey over the years, this place comes high on my list of recommendations. At the end of the day this is a 3 star hotel in Turkey so you expect the rooms to be fairly basic which they were, but they were kept clean and they had a fridge/kettle/hairdryer. I can honestly not fault the hotel, which is set in a beautiful and peaceful location yet within a 5-10 minute walk down a hill (not too steep) to one end of the resort. The hotel receives a large number of repeat guests, so that's always a good sign. Popular with couples and families in high season.

The hotel has a lovely large pool and can get quite busy at times, however it still seemed peaceful when we were there. You will find that people will start putting some of their towels down at breakfast time. Hotel will not allow the saddos who place them the night before or very early morning which is good. Nice breakfast with choice of cereal/scrambled & boiled eggs/cheeses/ham/jams/fruit/olives etc. Lovely restaurant and prices better than most resort restaurants. All staff throughout the hotel were excellent, particularly at the bar - very welcoming and entertaining! Prices at the bar are also reasonable compared to the bars in town which helps, as Turkey has certainly increased their prices. Free bus down to private beach on the lagoon from hotel which is good or 2.5 lira each on the Dolmus. Taxis are expensive unless you fill it!

The resort itself has changed since I was last here 15 years ago (just a village) and to some it may be too busy especially in July/August, however it has everything you need and you are spoilt for choice with restaurants/bars and shops. The nice thing is that you see low rise buildings in a beautiful setting. Olu Deniz is a little more up market and sophisticated.

Recommended excursions: Jeep Safari to Saklikent, Dalyan trip, Boat trip from Olu Deniz/Fethiye. £10-00 for a full day on the cheapest including lunch but large boat with lots of people!! Still a good day out. Talk of the Town drag show in Hisaronu - hilarious and extremely popular with the Brits for all ages. Drinks are very pricey though. Beach party down at the St Nicholas private beach was also very good with great food and entertainment - best male belly dancer in the world I say! Other excursions if you don't mind the travel - Ephesus.

Catch a Dolmus to Calis Beach - very nice setting and more relaxing.

Also if you are daring check out the Paragliding or Microflight - which was amazing but make sure you are fully insured - I went through Pegas on the seat front at Olu. Both are for all ages and yes you are taking a slight risk, but hey you only live once.

All I can say is that I am jealous if you are intending to visit.

Have a great time.

Best in Ölüdeniz

by TripAdvisor Member Elvan18

I've just come back from holiday in Nicolas Park Hotel with my family and friends and we all loved it.

Before that,I went to lots of 5 star all inclusive hotels but I must say that this way the best one.

We went there as a cultural touristic group,we only could stay there for breakfast,dinner and sleeping but that was enough.

The staff was really kind.
That was the most important thing for me because it is hard to find in Turkish hotels.

The food was excellent and I thanked the chef for his delicious meals.

The receptionists were also very smiling and when we were back from our nights out from Hisarönü at 4 am,they were always there to give us our keys back.

So if I ever go to Ölüdeniz again,I'll certainly stay there.

Fantastic Friendly Place

by TripAdvisor Member curlylynz

Stayed at these apartments for two lovely weeks in June 08 and have to say this is the best place I have ever stayed and I have worked overseas and am now a Travel Agent.
I have never met such friendly staff! The Wasp King was fantastic (one of the waiters who used to kill the wasps for me) the bar staff especially Billy & Sly with his amazing fire skills and all the waiting staff. I even lent one of them my Ipod for a night and got it back the next day, no worries!
The maids are funny even though they speak very little English, our maid used to copy the way we said "Mornin" and "Hiya" and by the end had quite a broad Scottish accent!
It is a bit of walk down a hill to get into Hisaronu but even if you have walking difficulties take your time or get a taxi as it isn't expensive and the views from the hotel down to Olu Deniz more than make up for it!
I found the prices in the restaurant and the bar to be slightly cheaper than in Hisaronu itself and the meals were lovely!
All in all I couldn't ask for a better place to stay and have booked up again to go next year, but this time I am taking all my family and the inlaws (and my dad has walking difficulties!).
Roll on next October!

Welcome aboardWelcome aboard

Shady cafe for refreshments.Shady cafe for refreshments.

You can always swim............You can always swim............

Comments