Altin Orfe Hotel

Sahil sok 6, Icmeler, Turkey

Satisfaction Terrible

• First ever positive feedback?

Okay, so let me start by admitting the following: Before leaving for my holiday, i read all five of the extremely negative reports and was not too impressed. I was concerned about the aparent lack of food and, well, russians. All four of us (Two teenage couples) left with the lowest of expectations and i do reccomend that for all families. I can understand that people who may be used to five star hotels will want to complain, but to be frank you do genuinely get every single penny of what you paid for. We paid around £408 each for all inclusive including flights and transfers for a week - i'm certainly pleased!
    When we arrived we didn't have the most pleasant welcome. After what seemed like the longest 4 hour flight and 2 hour coach journey, we arrived to "You will be staying in a different hotel tonight", and all i could think was "Uhoh, i read that somewhere on one of the reveiws!!" And so, we were sent over the road to another hotel that was run by the same company. But i'm not going to lie to you, the rooms were clean, had air con, reasonably sized and came with a decent balcony looking over the streets and mountains. One thing i will say before you consider booking in to anywhere in marmaris/icmeler is that the majority of hotels/apartments over-look an abundance of clubs and restaurants - all inwhich do not shut until 2 in the morning. So if you like a good nights sleep, i hope you can put up with the music!! Icmeler offeres perfect nightlife for anyone ranging from teens to late 30's, from motown clubs to kareoke bars, and trust me, you will end up loosing track of time anyway! Back to my point, from my experience at the hotel we told ourselves not to expect much better when we finally got our rooms at Altin Orfe at 3pm the next day. However we decided to view it in a positive manner that we were able to experience how it was to stay in two different hotels over the holiday! When we got to our rooms, i was certainly pleased! The toilet was spacious and clean with a large mirror, sink, toilet and large shower. The bedroom was very specious too, with a double bed, two side tables, a desk with a vanity mirror and a stool, as well as a flat screen tv! (With brittish channels!!) The air con was perfect and our balcony overlooked the pool, surrounded in beautiful ivy and flowers snaking down the sides of the hotel. My boyfriend and i found the room very comfortable. You can rent out a safe box for £15 a week, however we found just locking everything in your suitcase works just as well.
    We then made our way down to the bar, as it was snack time! To my delight, they were serving my favourite meal as a snack :Spaghetti bolognese!! For the majority of the time snack time food consisted of some form of pasta, cheese fried rolls, pastry dishes or even pizza! We were even given four cocktails for the price of two as a welcome gift :) unfortunatly it is true that only 4 alcoholic drinks are availible under all inclusive - raki, vodka, efes (beer) and red or white wine. I found the wine to be very pleasnt it certainly made me merry however the vodka and beer are seriously watered down!! My boyfriend and his friend drank beer all day and it made no effect whatsoever. At the end of the day you are going to want to explore icmeler and marmaris' nightlife so its not like your going to be getting drunk at the hotel the whole time!!
    Now on to the most important subject that is aroused on these reveiws: food.
    Breakfast - note that when you book your holiday, under the description of food it says that they serve 'local food' - and local food they indeed serve! I thought it was a great oppertunity to experience some turkish culture, but obviously some people expect caviar and champagne for breakfast!! Breakfast every day consisted of a typical turkish breakfast - the equivellant to a brittish fry-up! You can go to any restaurant and they will serve the same: fresh warm delicious boiled eggs, fresh white and brown bread and butter, fresh tomatos and salad, a selection of cheeses and ham. You can also have cereal instead, although the milk tasted a little funny. There is a coffee and tea machine (the coffee is brilliant!!) and you can sit outside under the terrace or around the pool. For ALL meals i do reccomend arriving early only to grab a table! The hotel NEVER ran out of food there was ALWAYS enough for seconds and thirds!!
    Lunch- Lunch normally consisted of light dishes such as pasta, pizza or meat. Although normally i still felt full after breakfast occasionally we slept in too late and missed breakfast so we had lunch for breakfast instead :)
    Dinner- Dinner ranges from pasta, meat, casseroles, typical turkish dishes. They're macoroni cheese is delicious and one night they had a bbq!

On terms of hotel entertainment, there isn't really much. I'm persuming that every week they hold a turkish night, ours was on a saturday. On this night they have an insanely huge bbq feast with all different meats and salads, as well as entertainment such as belly dancers, which was fantastic! We managed to haggle at the bar for two cheap fishbowls which was even better.
    One place i really genuinely do reccomend to visit is 'The Dolcevita', a restaurant near the hotel. Just like any bar or restaurant you need to learn to ignore the managers trying to pull you off the street to come inside for a drink, but this place was very relaxed and the waiters were so friendly! We ended up going there 5 out of 7 days because the food and drink were so incredibly cheap. I had a turkish dish called 'pacha' which is like a kebab casserole mix - it was the most beautiful meal of my life. They held entertainment every night and if you visit often they become extremly loyal to you and will reserve a table.

Hotel life is very relaxed. I reccomend getting up early to grab a place round the pool because all the sunbeds will be taken by 10am. Its not that it gets busy (there is a beach 30 seconds away!!) but there aren't that many sunbeds so you kind of have to fight for them!
    Somebody on a reveiw said something about the pet monkey. The monkey named 'Charlie' is the pet of the hotel manager, and it is so sweet! It'll stick its little hand out of the cage and hold your hand, however it gets very jelous if it see's you near its owner! Occasionally it'll screech or have a mad five minutes, and i would reccomend not letting your kids stick their sticky fingers in the cage, although it is very friendly!!

Overall, i had the most amazing week of my life with great thanks to the hotel and the staff at the Dolcevita. I would 100% come back and reccomend it to friends who have a very open mind.

Directions: Lots and lots of bars restaurants and clubs to see! I reccomend the Dolcevita, which is practically next to the irish bar (you wont miss the irish bar when you walk out of the hotel and turn right)

Comments