Efem Apartments

More about Icmeler

TROLLING ON A full day PRIVATE CHARTERTROLLING ON A full day PRIVATE CHARTER

The Icmeler Beach areaThe Icmeler Beach area

Harmony ShowbarHarmony Showbar

The lads from the mimosaThe lads from the mimosa

travelers cheques

by Ronaldliz

I went to icmeler after being told that I may have a problem with Travelers Cheques. I had no problems what so ever cashing the cheques I had, in fact I got a better deal than I would have changing my monies in England. Has anyone else been given wrong information by the travel agent.

by qaminari

Your travel agent was probably thinking of the general situation in Europe if not most of the world. I don't know what monies you would have been changing in England anyway (if that's where you live, why would you have been changing anything?), but if you had tried to change travellers' cheques in most of Europe, you would get pretty short shrift: they aren't accepted by shops and can only be cashed in banks, which charge a high commission for the privilege.

by ricky52

I am at the end of my holiday in Alanya.
I have got to say that the commission charged for changing travellers cheques were was a big scam.
Some places were charging up to 20%

by neodue

Dear Ronnie,

We are all happy that you havent had any problem about changing your travel cheques.Because of that Icmeler nearly transfored a british city :)

I think your travel agency told you general situation of Turkey.If you travel out of Aegean Cost and try tp change your travel cheques , you will see what travel agency says.

But I am happy that you are happy with your wife and having good time in my country.

Cheers

Ozan

by stevemt

Generally, if travellers cheques are cashed by an agency of the issuing company (eg AMEX) then there is no comission payable to cash. But if you cash them at another agency (eg Barclay bank) then yes a commission will be charged. 1 reason I dont use them

Travel Tips for Icmeler

Tipping

by SteveOne

The only time I tip is the waiters if I have had good service and a decent meal.
The hotel "Tip Box" if we have been looked after over our stay.

The prices for meals at even the best restaurants are very in-expensive, and due to the verly low wages that the waiters receive, what appears to be a small tip of £2, that means a lot of money to them. So be generous if you have had a great evening with them, tip them well.
They depend on it.

Not to be missed

by doreenellen about Pig and Whistle

Our good friend Ruduph owns the Pig and Whistle and really makes you welcome. He has updated the open restaurant and bar and it looks really tasteful but still turkish. Nice bar area and chill areas with lovely seating. Food and drinks all reasonable and stays open as long as there are customers. We spent many an late hour drinking and chatting with our friend and his family All meats dishes, fish, pasta everything you try will be wonderful.Rudolph will be happy to help you in any way he can.

ICMELER BEACH

by whitecliff62

"THE SISTER TOWN OF MARMARIS"

Icmeler is set in a lovely position just 8 miles from the bustling town of Marmaris, like Marmaris it used to be a sleepy little Turkish fishing village untill tourism made its mark on the landscape forever. Icmeler is quieter than its neighbour with a wider beach as well and with mountains covered with pine trees in the background which makes for a great holiday destination

"ICMELER STREET MAP"