Faber Apart Hotel

Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• nightmare

We arrived around 3.30am at the advertised Faber apartments in icmeler where we shown to our room in almost darkness and was not given a welcome pack.
    On awakening the following morning we found there was no hot water and we were informed by the family next door that if you complain at reception they would install an electric shower for us as the apartment manager was aware of a problem with the hot water.
    This we did and they did indeed fit an electric shower for our family. the only problem was it was fixed to the shower door and the water supply was fed from the original shower then the shower head was fed back to the shower rail on the opposite wall which meant that when getting in the shower and shut the sliding shower door you were pushed up tight to the other shower door.
    You could only shower if you left the shower door open and then spend fifteen minutes mopping up or be a contaushonist. As the management were trying to help, I tried to complain but they pretended not to understand.
    Apart from the lack of lighting and the badly fitted shower the first week, we then discovered that there was not as advertised a toaster microwave or satellite t .v when I asked at the bar the waiter who spoke perfect English informed us that just before our arrival they were downgraded from a four star apartment to a three star apartment and as such the manager ordered the staff to remove all toasters and microwaves.
    However the second week our pool area was turned into a building site they started to erect a new bar area with electric leads running from everywhere. We could not use the pool toilets as the floor area was covered with power tools and timber. Moreover, even when returning to our rooms the noise went on until seven or later power tools and hammering. Other guest complained at reception only to be given the I speak no English speech when I finally got someone from reception to listen they told me it would only be one more day.
    The next day my grandson was playing around the children’s pool when he did the splits falling to the ground we later found a screw imbedded in his croc shoe. Moreover, we were afraid to use the pool area again as because of the new bar there was very little area for the children to play around the baby pool because they now squashed the sun beds into a double row leaving only a foot space around the pool.
    In addition, the builders had now moved to the front of our apartments to erect another bar but as stated earlier our only source of lighting was the street lighting, which shone through the smoked glass windows so to find your apartment door you had to feel along the walls. As the builders had covered all the windows with Formica boards to hang, advertising boards etc.
    Again, the days went by with the sound of hammering and power tools.
    On returning home to the apartment one night because of the bad lighting I stopped at the door opened it with my electronic card key in trotted my 2 year old grandson only to find it was the wrong apartment my key had opened someone else’s door. The couple’s who’s apartment it was were quite taken back to find us standing in their kitchen. The next day when telling other people staying at our apartment what had happened we were told that all the card keys opened all the doors. And as such there is no security in these apartments.
    Then after all this the day before we were due to return home I ordered room service for breakfast but when we went to eat it there was a horrible smell off the sausage and what I can only describe as rancid meat I took the food back but was still charged for it.

Comments