Iguana Deluxe Apartments

Satisfaction Poor

More about Icmeler

Buffalo BarBuffalo Bar

ZaZas Havana Bars Bike HireZaZas Havana Bars Bike Hire

A well stocked bar and not expensiveA well stocked bar and not expensive

Havana BarHavana Bar

Child friendly?!

by Azzagazza

Hi, we are off on a family holiday to Icmeler (4 adults and a 3 year old girl)at the end of May / early June. Can anyone suggest any restaurants that are child friendly? Might be nice to have a wee bit of entertainment at least a couple of nights during our 10 night break. Thank you.

by Sirvictor

Please read the page of our member stephanb:

by redrhino12

I would also reccomend you to read Stephans page as it is most informative.
But to be more specific with reguards to Restaurents in Icmeler that are child friendly and have entertainment.
All areas of Turkey are "Child Friendly".
Restaurents I can recommend in Icmeler are.
Dreamboys International,on the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.
Venice Restaurent,again at the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.
Majestic Restaurent,on the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.

These are the big 3 at the side of the canal all serving top quality food and having some wonderfull entertainment.
Music in Icmeler goes off at midnight but you can drink as long as you like but generaly bars close at 2am.
You will be spoilt for choice on eating in the restaurents of Icmeler and all put on some kind of entertainment after people have finished eating.

Gene

by Annie.f

We found ALL restaurants in Icmeler are very child friendly. They love children over there, even the more trendier places. Theres no where that you cant take kids into in our experience and they all do kids menus.As for entertainment most of the restaurants put on some sort of show by the waiters or by travelling dancers/breakdancers/Michael jackson impersonators who seem to do the rounds around the restaurants!and oh yes the odd Turkish Dancers!!!

by Azzagazza

Thank you so much to everyone who replied, sounds like we are going to have a fanastic holiday with our wee girl.

by Karemolinos

Lots of child friendly restaurants and bars, children welcome everywhere. Take a look on here for more information
www.iloveicmeler.co.uk

Travel Tips for Icmeler

Sunbeds By The Sea

by redrhino12

If you want a sunbed and brolly on the edge of the sea you must arrive down on the beach as early as possible.

It was the first morning of our August fortnight in Icmeler.
After a light breakfast in our apartment of coffee,toast and cereals,we packed the bags ready for our "First Day At The Beach".

Now the bags we take to the beach are Huge, having to hold 6 towels,
2 each, various grades of sun oil ranging from 2 for me to total block for Mrs Genes nose, snorkel and mask for Andre, lilo for the Rhino to play in the sea with and the obligatory reading books for Ann.
We also take two x two litre bottles of water that I have frozen in the fridge overnight, and these will keep iced all day if kept out of the sun.

Last visit to the toilet then we are on our way yours truly laiden up like an human pack horse.

We have decided to spend our first day on the stretch of beach in front of the Kontes Hotel,so having walked past the Prince Apartments on our right, sauntered passed the Efendi Hotel also on the right with the Etoil Hotel on the left, we arrived on the Promenade.

A voice shouts "Sunbed Sir", and an arm with open palm is thrust in my direction which I grasp and shake vigoriously.

"How much for the beds" I enquire.
"A £1 sir" is the reply.
"Can I have one near the waters edge " I ask.
"I have saved these just for you" he says as he escorts us to three beds and a brolly right on the waters edge.

How do they do that?
How did he know I that I was coming on that day?

He wiped the beds for us, gave us one of those cute little pots to put our rubbish in and told us if we needed anything to give him a call and that he was there to make our holiday a memorable one.

We exchanged names and I offered to pay for the beds.

"You pay later " he says.

Another friendship has been forged.

Vince's Bar (Part of the Demircioglu Apartments)

by susiecash about Vince's Bar/Restaurant

This is a very good, very friendly place to go that serves good food and yummy English Breakfasts. Always being made to feel totally welcome and with no Hassle from the staff.
Always the same staff and cook year after year, so that says something !
I recommend this place for the comfortable/friendly atmosphere and lovely food. Cant choose a favourite as all the food we have had here is unfaultable

A superior package holiday.

by miniman2804

"Icmeler"

The town has everything you'd want for a sun/sea/pool holiday. Weather was perfect - 28-30 in the day, cloudless sky (naturally) and cool evenings.

I suspect it would be uncomfortable in August.

General comments about pricing in Turkey - some things are cheap, most subsistent items and restaurants are less than at home, excursions etc felt expensive. Always ask for a discount/haggle - in restaurants as well! The Turks are more keen on getting you to come back than they are to extract every last lire out of you on your first visit - so always ask for discount in restaurants (especially if they get to know you).

Wine is not cheap and not very good.

Comments