Julian Forest Apartments

Golenye Mahallesi, Halide Edip Adivar Caddesi 182. Sokak, Icmeler, 48700, Turkey

Julian Forest Suites
Tingo.com Travelocity Despegar.com

Costs 132% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Sexual harassment by staff.

This is a tourist village, the local village is slightly too far away to be reached easily, therefore you are at their mercy.
    The locals and staff view you as cash cows to be milked, prices are inflated by 300% making it much more expensive than back home. They feel "The Great Satan" in the west owes them a good living. (Yes this phrase was used!)
    You, the tourist, are bombarded with anti-west/christian propaganda, sexual harassment if you happen to be a young or attractive female and a total absence of customer services.

A girl in my party felt unable to return to the pool for the majority of her stay after having the waiters throw water on her and attempt to pull her towel from her whilst she was sunbathing with her bikini top open at the back.

All in all a horrible trip and I am using my democratic right to complain here as none of my complaints were treated with respect while over there.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid.
    Bargain on paper, nightmare in reality.
    Oh and MyTravel - not helpful at all.

• ecarol178's Profile Photo

great hotel

lovely and clean when we arrived, but didnt clean under the beds while we were there!
    Staff very friendly.
    But had wasps when you ate at hotel :(

Unique Quality: Three pools one for babies my 20 month old walked in it ok
    Middle pool had two slides excellent fun
    and one large pool

Excellnt vview all round the hotel is a large mountain

Can not hear the prayers calling from this hotel!

More about Julian Forest Apartments

A walk round the Village

by redrhino12

I remember one morning in the middle of August when the temp at 7-30 am was 35 degrees.
I was walking round taking my pics of bars and had finished up at the Julian Forest Apartments, these are the very last apartments right at the back of Icmeler with the mountain has its backdrop.
I started my walk back and because of the heat my small bottle of water was gone.
Has I neared the village I remembered a tap were the villagers get their spring water from so headed in that direction.

Has I aproached the tap it was being used by a Local farmer who was filling up his large water containers.
Now by this time my throat was like a rasp and my tongue twice its normal size through the lack of fluids.
I stood in line.
The farmer looked at me and we nodded to each other and with my only bit of Turkish croaked through my parched throat "Merhaba" he smiled and replied with the same word back and then reached for my water bottle and promptly filled it for me then handed it back.
He must have seen the tension in my face as I was waiting in line.

I thanked him,then took a drink of gods wine.
Instantly I was refreshed and resumed my walk, thinking about this small act of kindness shown to a complete stranger.

Moral of this story is Either take a Bigger bottle of water or dont walk so far.

Gene

best holiday ever

by TripAdvisor Member scot1954

we went to the Julian forest this year and while their prices are a bit steep, the trip to the town is only 10 minutes on the bus. the complex is really clean with very high standards and the flexidine package is good value for money. The entertainment team try hard but are not really up to scratch. We would recommend the turkish barbeque night . really good , food. we will be back here , Icmeler is a fantastic place

best hotel ever.......amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member dm91

Stayed in the Julian Forest from the 2nd to the 16th july 2008 and out of all the hotels i have been to over the years i have been going abroad this has to be one of the best if not the best.
The staff in the hotel were first class they couldn't do enough for you the towels were changed daily and the rooms were kept spotless as was the hotel in general. The pool area was great always plenty of activities and the entertainment team were great also the water slides were great for kids young and old.
The hotel was quite far out from the centre of icmeler but this did not bother me as it was only a 10 minute bus journey into the town. This was my first holiday to Turkey and i was slightly apprehensive about it because i had heard some bad stories but it but as i found out for my self it was an amazing place to go for a holiday and i hope to return to icmeler and the Julian Forest in the future i would highly recommend it to anyone who plans on visiting Turkey

fantastic apts

by TripAdvisor Member christine055

My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Julian Forest apts. We were the first guests to arrive this year and were greeted by the manager and staff with a glass of champagne and turkish delight.after being greeted we were taken to our ground floor ,pool facing apt. room 1205 spotlessly clean and very big room, the bedroom had air conditioning which at the beginning of the season was a welcome relief.Food at the apts is good but do try outside the complex. They have a childrens club which gives parent time for themselves,and a fantastic seperate pool with slide for the kids to splash about without disturbing the adults.Do try the turkish baths at the apts Can(John to you and I) is really helpful and their is no pressure from him for a sale. And the beautiful and charming Jess at the Jewelery shop .These apts are the last drop off on your coach but they are well worth the wait the scenery around them is beautiful,pine forest mountians no other hotel looking in to you, dolmus into Icmeler is only 1turkish lira each, and sits just down the road from the apts. We will definately be back

Gem of a hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Christadoulou786

What a beautiful setting - simply breathtaking!

The Julian Forest is the last stop in Icmeler beyond which you can't go any further. The hotel is cut into the base of a mountain cloaked in pine trees. The air is almost too clean and the surroundings are tranquil.

DH and i booked this trip through teletext (7 nights stay on a self catering basis cost us £212 pp). I wish we had stayed longer as it felt too short.

We too stayed in room 1205. The rooms are spacious with lots of storage/hanging space. Although we didn't cook., the facilities are all there should you wish to do so and its all verry clean. Towels are changed everyday and linen twice a week.

The hotel operates flexi dine (£99pp for 8 meals which can be either breakfast and lunch OR breakfast and supper)

Turkish people are very friendly and the staff at JF are no exception. Zainab (jewellery girl), Cervant (barber), and the staff at the restaurant became great friends!

The animation team (Mart and Jenkai) were great as well. There are lots of activities for tourists to get involved in including water aerobics, killer pool and karaoke at night.

The town of Icmeler is quiet compared to nearby Marmaris but that's why we liked it. Lots of places to eat and all good quality. Prices compare favourably.

Would go back in a heartbeat.!!!!!!

The only deterrent is the transfer time from Dalaman which is 2-3 hours.

Fantastic Location

by TripAdvisor Member allisonvarna

Fantastic!!!!
Just returned from a weeks stay at Club Julian Forest, it is in a beautiful location, surrounded by forests and mountains. Accomodation is very good, clean and all fairly new. Supplied with kettle and toaster in the kitchen as well as the hob which I've never had in Turkey before. Hairdryer in bathroom for all the ladies, saves lugging your own. No need to put your loo roll in a bin either which is a godsend! The pool gets sun all day, beware of sitting by the palm trees though as you end up in shade at times. Plenty of sunbeds and parasols. Entertainment staff are very friendly and will try and get you to join in, but don't harass you if you say no.
The Turkish bath is amazing, 2 hours of total relaxation, and the cellulite massage included in the special (2) does make a difference, not cheap at £25 but well worth the money, just make sure you do it as soon as you arrive as it sets you up for a really good tan, if you have it when you've already got a bit of colour you'll lose it when they scrub your skin!
Only one other hotel next door. It's out of the main Icmeler resort but there's a regular bus service running every 15 minutes. It takes half an hour or so to walk to Icmeler but the bus is so cheap, 1 lire, about 40p. Taxi's are more expensive about 15 lire (£6), or 10 (£4) if you get bar staff or waiters to negotiate for you first.
Icmeler itself is quite touristy, lots of bars competing for business with barmen dancing nightly performimg different routines from The full monty to Britney Spears! We would reccomend Oscars bar and The Waterfall Restaurant, run by the same people. The Restaurant is stunning and the food is superb with a good selection at a very reasonable price, great size portions as well. If you have kids they will love it as they have rabbits, guineau pigs and chicks in a small garden area.
Oscars bar is great fun all the staff are so friendly and the boys are great dancers. If you smoke challenge "Speedy" to the cigarette game, he loves to play for drinks and really set a challenge on the last night when he brought out a fish bowl to play it on! (See pics)
My only criticism would be the prices they charge in the hotel itself, drinks are much more expensive than in the main resort and you have to put money on a wristband to buy anything, even in the mini market, which can ba a pain. Water costs 2.5lire in the hotel and between 0.4 and 0.75lire in the main resort so buy it there and bring it back. We made ice and put it in a thermos cup to take to the pool the next day, nice and cold all morning!

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member cinomanhatch

We have just returned from a fantastic stay at Julian Forest and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering a trip here. The apartments are lovely, beautifully clean and the building itself has a touch of class in comparison with the hotels in more central areas. There were five of us in our party, myself, my partner, my mother and our two children and despite the age range a wonderful time was had by all. The staff were fantastic and always strived to ensure that alll our needs were met.

Sinan the photographer provides and excellent service and is well worth a visit if you'd like a really nice souveneir.

The hairdresser and health club are a must, don't be tempted to have beauty treatments done elsewhere as you will be charged more and the treatments here are unbeatable. Initially i was unsure about having a turkish bath but i absolutely loved it, my patner also felt unsure as being a man he didn't see the need for "beauty stuff" but he was also won over and in hindsight we wish that we'd had it done more than once! He went for the traditional turkish shave twice and at a mere £2 it was more than worth it.

The hotel is situated in the furthest corner of Icmeler which suited us all as none of us wanted a bustling party atmosphere but for those that do the towns of Icmeler and Marmaris are easily reached by taxi or bus which are always available next to the apartments. Icmeler is a beautiful little town and the shopping is great. We made the mistake of visiting Marmaris for shopping and food on our first day and having never visited Turkey before we were a little intimidated by the hard sell, if you are seen to be looking at the products the shop keepers will be all over you in an instant. Don't be afraid to haggle as you can probably purchase your desired item for around half of what is initially asked. Don't be afraid to walk away if you don't like the price either as you will probably find the exact same item in another shop. Also, a word of warning, when exchanging money you WILL find that they are trying to diddle you so ensure you count it and when corrected they hand over what is owed. It happened to us on several occasions so be careful.

I will definately return to The Julian apartments at some point, as i said there isn't a bad word to be said about this hotel. Although do take your essentials with you from home and a few spare loo rolls in your suitcase will come in handy as you are only provided with one for the duration of your stay and buying the little essentials from the overpriced shop soon mounts up.

Brilliant Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member rcse100

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Julian Forest Apartments and had a lovely time.

Yes, it is a little way out of the resort centre but not once did we find this a problem. The Dolmus (bus) was 9 times out of 10 waiting outside our hotel and only cost 1lira each to Icmeler centre. If we were to go back we would definatley stay here again and not get anywhere closer.

We were very very impressed with our room, spacious, clean, modern, 2 balconies, quiet and free air con! Although you only get 1 loo roll for the week!!

We found all the staff very friendly and majority of them spoke very good english so easy to communicate. Although they do ask you several times about their Flexi-Dine and Turkish Baths, we didn't find them overly annoying. I instantly declined the Flexi-Dine as I thought we'd be out and about more but I wish we had taken advantage of the 3 day offer as we ended up eating here a few times and the food was brilliant, well worth taking a few mins to listen to. But, even when we said no, the waiters still made the effort to be friendly to us.

There is no cash taken at the Restaurant, bar or shop and they operate on a wristband system which you top us as and when you like at reception with a 10lira deposit. We found this quite useful as we didn't have to worry about leaving our money round the pool. The waiters give you a receipt each time you buy something so you can see how much they've taken and they even took our money and topped it up for us when we ran out!

We had a Turkish Bath at the hotel on our 1st day which cost £14 each and was lovely. We were both treated in the same room so felt very comfortable and safe. Not at all seedy as I've heard some people saying about Baths in the Town. Very nice way to start your Holiday.

BBQ Night on Wednesday was well worth the money, lovely food and entertainment. Also very impressed with the on site photographer who will take as many photos as you like with no obligation to buy.

The 2 entertainment guys were fun and kept us amused as they're a little bit crazy! They remembered everyone's names and made a point of making everyone feel welcome even if they didn't want to get involved in the activities. We weren't too keen at first but found it a relaxed way to chat to other guests.

Probably the time of year but there were always sunbeds avaiable all day and music didn't start till about 12noon so we had a few lay ins! Music and bar stopped at 12pm so didn't keep us awake either. One bad this about this hotel was that the sun went down behind the mountain at about 4.30pm but it was still hot eough to sit around the pool for a while longer. You will have to go to the beach if you want to sunbathe till 7-8pm!

If you go into town to eat, we highly recommend The Love Boat, which is just off the main strip down to the beach. Slightly more expensive than the other restaurants but well, well worth it.

Would definatley recommend for couples of all ages and families.

any tips? for icmeler

by ecarol178

Me and my husband and 2 girls -20 months and 12 years are going to icmeler on 6th june 05 for 2 weeks, any one got any tips would be a great help :)Staying at the julian forest appts

RE: any tips? for icmeler

by matt_mardell

You are going to have the best time!!! my first trip to turkey was to the Efes inn hotel in June 10 years ago and im booked to return to turkey 12th June 05. As for tips there is plenty to do.....DO go to a turkish bath if you have the oppurtunity and make sure you get a massage while you are there. Its great for the tan but also the massages (undertaken by by large hairy locals!!!)are unreal....your body will be pushed and pulled around like you would never imagine - it is well worth the small amount of money it costs. The resort transfers can take a while so be prepared to entertain the kids. The locals will do anything to put a mother and her children in the utmost comfort. Try catching a Dolmus into Mamaris for the evening for a change of scene and the fantastic harbour - as you transfer from Dalaman you will pass thorugh Marmaris so keep an eye out to see what catches your eye. The dolmus are cheap and will pick you up from anywhere along a specific route....the locals even got off to allow my mum and 4 year old brother on!! I would recommend trying a walk back from marmaris during the early evening along the water front as it is relatively cool and you get a good view out to sea. Try out boat trips...dont go through your travel company go through the locals as they are much cheaper and its a fun day out for the whole family with swimming, visits to mud baths and usually a bbq for food. So much to recommend. Any questions ask away....enjoy your holiday...the kids will love it and so will you!!!

Comments