Marmaris Park

Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 382% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• patrikske's Profile Photo

Hotel Marmaris Park

Hotel Marmaris Park (4 Star Hotel) - rooms with shower and toilet, telephone, satellite Tv, air-conditioning with heating options.Indoor and outdoor swimming pools with children section, sauna, gymnasium hall, playing ground for children, garden, Tv room, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, diving school, and 2 meeting rooms. The facilities and services include Doctor, market, coiffeur, outdoor parking, generator.

More about Marmaris Park

Marmaris Park Experience

by TripAdvisor Member HotlegsBlackpool

YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS!!!
We went to this Hotel with our 15 year old Daughter and her friend.
we arrived at 5.30am and were put in a room with no view, asked to be moved to a room with a sea view, they were unable to do this straight away but moved us the following day. The rooms were very clean but very basic, beds were hard also. The balcony was small as well so did not make you want to sit out there.
However, it is somewhere to sleep.
The hotel was an ideal location, quiet but only a stroll away from Icmeler. The Beach was ideal, no sand!! It was like a terrace straight into the sea via steps, ideal, no sand getting into those places you dont want it to go!! If you want a sun bed here you have to be up early, otherwise, places by the pool is not a problem, plenty of sun beds to go round.
The pool is lovely, very clean and refreshing. The only problrm is the animation staff asking you to join in with pool games, darts etc but as soon as you say you are not interested they leave you alone.
A must is the boat trip with Jimmy Boy, great value for money, its a full day, about £15 with lunch included, but be warned, they charge for drinks when you are on the boat and they are not cheap! A great day anyway!
Food is good apart from the breakfast, very boring and repatative, very little fruit. We had toast and jam for 2 weeks! Other than breakfast food, it was really good, lots of variety but after two weeks got a bit boring and wanted a change. Also, you have to get your own drinks, no waiter service other then them clearing your plates away, and believe me, they are quick, as soon as you have finished your plates have gone.
The best waiter in the hotel is Mehmet, he is very helpful and loves the Europeons, he will do anything he can for you and if you are going to this hotel say hi to him from Gus and Amanda. He will look after you very well.
Another thing, the Hotel is full of Russians, they are very rude push in and dont give a damn!
But,saying that its good cos the English stick together!
Overall, I would reccomend this hotel, you have got everything on your doorstep, water sports and even an ice rink.
We has a great time and no hesitation in going back!

Best holiday ever

by TripAdvisor Member WinchesterBarry

Stayed at Marmaris Park Hotel for 2 weeks in June 2008. Best holiday ever and ive been to lots of places. Staff verry friendly and helpfull, verry clean and tidey, food verry enjoyable and plentiful. In a lovelly position and right on your own private beach. Will definatly be going back again. Went witn Thomas Cook Holidays and will again next time.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member Buz85

Me and my girlfriend have just returned from 2 weeks at Marmaris Park and it was great. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The aircon was a godsend, considering the temps outside were over 40 degrees.

The staff were all very friendly from the moment we set foot through the door. We got talking to some of the waiters (Mehmet and Alize in particular were very nice) however if there was one gripe the Head Chef was a bit too mean to the waiters even if they just said hello to us.

The grounds are pretty and there is plenty to do. The pool is big and then there is the sea off the pier...it's not crowded at all either.

Jimmy Boy comes along each day asking you to go on his boat trip, but its only 20 lira including lunch and is a nice day out in the sea.

The food is quite decent and centres a lot around meat dishes with rice and potatoes. Although it's all inclusive it's still worth trying out the Venice Restaurant in Icmeler as the food there is first class and the service is excellent.

The hotel itself is heavily populated by Russian tourists; they keep themselves to themselves but let their kids run around the dining hall and don't seem to know how to queue, but its bearable.

Hopefully will come again next year.

Faulty Towers is an under statement even john clease wouldnt stay here!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelagenttc

holiday dates 01sep-15sep travel agent and family

within 30 mins of arriving at this hotel and seeing our rooms which were 604,606,608 and our approximity to the out door bar and disco we returned to the hotel reception and we asked to be moved due to this and the fact that our 4* hotel rooms were like something out of faulty towers very dark and depressing beds held up with folded towels dirty bathrooms and a view of empty beer kegs wild cats and a public toilet not what we expected for a 4 star hotel. In response to this we were told at reception that the hotel was full and they could not help us. We then asked to speak to the manageress and were advised to come back the following day at 9am when we could discuss this further with her.
Following day spoke to same male receptionist and were told we could not see the manageress although she was only sat 8ft away at her desk. We asked again to be moved only to be told that there was still no vacant rooms. We were not prepared to except this as voices were raised the receptionist phone rang and it was the hotel manageress and she informed him to give us new rooms. However she would not come out and talk to us personally, very poor managerial skills in our opinion.as i work fora major tor op id be very dissapointed if my customers were treated this way No Apology No Nothing.
We were given one set of keys at midday to one of the rooms in which they were allocating which turned out to be located the furthest distance from the main building and the room even smaller than our original room and even darker due to the fact that outside of our balcony was 2 palm trees and a water slide. Being only 30ft from the sea we couldnt even see it.
So a HIKE back to the reception to inform them that this was not suitable. We kept our original rooms as they were not willing to offer anything else so we had to put up with VERY LOUD MUSIC until 1AM every night followed by a further hour of the satff clearing up glasses which were all dumped directly opposite our room not what you want from a holiday unless you want 18-30s.

THE STAFF.....
WAITERS, BARSTAFF. RECEPTION, all have no manners no please no thank you not even a smile . Unless you were RUSSIAN OR GERMAN. This is not an understatement because we were english we felt that we were inferior. Example : 3 bar staff not serving 1 british tourist 1 russian/german tourist , served german/russian tourist 1st everytime. you could be the only person at the bar and they still would wait for the german/russians first.

Food...
If you like your food hot you will be dissapointed unless your eating toast . Hot plates never seemed to be on not even luk warm.
On some evenings they would be serving speciality dishes ie meat balls pick up your plate and join the que you could guarantee that the germans/russians would get 6 meat balls we would get 3.
Tip Boxes everywhere excpecting tips before the good service which was never seen.

ARRIVALS
We witnessed germans/russians arriving to welcome cocktails and a personal welcome greeting from the hotel Owner. Not what the British rcvd we got verbal directions to our room and tha was it it.

So if you want to stay at the marmaris park hotel eat out every night in icmeler at the heaven bar where you will be treated like kings and queens and not a german or russian in sight.

Would i reccomend this hotel yes To my WORST ENEMY. If you require any further deatils on this very poor hotel i will happy to assist as if i can stop any one else from having a holiday from hell i will.

As I work for a major high street travel agent who sells this hotel. I should and will deter any future customers who are concemplating staying at this hotel. I have stayed at many 4 star and above hotel in my 5 years in travel and I have never come across a hotel with such a negative attitude towards british travellers. Having stayed 4 years previousley in the 2 star hotel efendi in icmeler there was no comparison between these hotels. I found the personal treatment and standard of accommadation and friendlness of all staff was what I would expect of a 4*.

Im not detering anybody from travelling to turkey as the countrty itself and its people are very welcoming and treat you with respect and make it a very enjoyable holiday its such a shame that i cant say the same for the marmaris park hotel and its staff. one last tthought the only nice person in that hotel was the cleaner MEHMIT.

Any info required please contact me on
[--]

Location,location & location

by TripAdvisor Member Zocky

My wife and myself were guests at Marmaris Park from 1-11th September this year.We are Serbs and we came to this hotel with "KonTiki",Belgrade turist agency.
First of all,I would like to tell You that this hotel resort is at the superb location(probably the best in this area)between Icmeler(3km)and Marmaris(5km)in the peacefull forest just next to the sea.Beach was OK,very clean,with a lot of sunbeds and with very polite and friendly staff.
Hotel consists of two main buildings(the "old" and "new" one) and one floor houses(with smaller rooms) just in the woods around.
My first impression of this hotel was very bad expirience at the reception desk.The girl staff were very unprofessional and she didn't show us enough entusiasam to help us,becouse we were not satisfied with the location of the rooms we get.So I had to insist(more than one hour) and finally we get the proper one(after visiting few in the meantime).
Pls.note,there is no elevator in the old building and there is two(working)in the new one.
Room was generaly OK,regularly cleaned by very nice and polite cleaning lady(chainging all towels every day) .
Big minus of this "New" building is the entrance,just next to the toillets(for the whole dining area,pool and bar).I really don't understand the architecture who did such a solution(never seen such stupidity in my life,and believe me I travelled a lot around different places)
Food was generally good.You have a wide choice of different meals,very nice prepared,not to spicy,adequate for all tastes.We,as Serbs recognised a little shortage of meat(but that's our problem),and I personally miss some omlets and sunnyside up eggs for breakfest.
Entertaiment was bellow avarage,very simple,with some young people leading this program at boyscouts begginers level,very loud at night(that was nightmare for all those having rooms nearby).
Pool was big(never swim in,becouse of the clean and warm sea),but with water hight of 165cm(?)and I'm 190cm tall.
What to say about guests?Different kind of all nations,like everywhere.I don't understand all those critics about the Russians(We could like them or not,I don't),but they were OK,ordinary people at holiday.I didn't see any incident or bad behavior from their side during our stay.On the contrary I saw a lot of English people(mostly tatooed like Cristhmass tree)seating and drinking at the pool bar all day as they are Russians.
All in all.These is a nice place.A very good value for the money and certainly I would like to come again some day.

Great hotel and location-Shame about the food!!

by TripAdvisor Member Pegs21

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at Marmaris Park Otel and have had a truly fantastic holiday. The hotel room was spacious with a double bed and a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and sea. Maid services were excellent-our room was cleaned and we were provided with fresh towels and bedding every day! Hotel staff were very friendly and did their best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The pool was lovely and clean with plenty of sunbeds and umbrella's to go round. There is a bar downstairs by the sea which is lovely and you can feed the fish with bread whilst looking out at the surrounding mountains-beautiful!! Location of this resort is beautiful and peaceful with a 20 - 25 minute walk into Icmeler town where bars/clubs are. You need to get the dolmus into Marmaris town as it is too far to walk. These cost 2 lira 80p each way and run about every 5 minutes until 1am.

You must go on the boat trip organised by JIMMY BOY and his family who were lovely. Dinner is included and we had a great day swimming in the sea and seeing part of this beautiful part of turkey.

The 2 down sides to this hotel-

Food- We were very disappointed and found the food bland and boring. We are not particularly fussy eaters and are willing to try most dishes. Variety was very lacking and you were lucky if it was hot-luke warm was the norm. We put up with it for the first week then gave up and started eating out in the second week-there are plenty of lovely restaurants in Icmeler and Marmaris that are really cheap and next time we would certainly go self catering instead of all inclusive when staying in Turkey. You do get 1 free sitting at the a la carte resaurant which was the best meal we had in the hotel. One saving grace was that pizza and chips were served at the sea bar downstairs in the afternoon which were lovely and kept us going throughout our stay.

Entertainment-Throughout the day the animation team tried to get you involved in activities. If you say no they leave you alone and over the 2 weeks they hardly bothered us at all. At 20.30 every night they start the kids disco which was when we were getting ready/eating tea and they play the same CD EVERY single night that you can hear all over the hotel so no escaping!-If you like the birdy song and i am the music man then you will be fine. After 2 weeks we were well and truly sick of it!! The entertainment at night left a lot to be desired and was not very well attended bu hotel guests-this certatinly needs improvement. The kids in the hotel did seem to love it so if you have kids it may be ok for you but for twenty something year olds it is not!!

One more thing to mention- The Russians!! The hotel was mainly occupied by Russians and i can safely say they are the rudest people i have ever met! At meal times and when at the bar they are like animals. They will not wait their turn and don't possess anything in the way of manners when ordering drinks from the lovely bar staff. This is just something you could do without and was only a slight bug bear of ours but feel it's worth mentioning.

Overall we had a great holiday that was very relaxing in a beautiful hotel and setting. We would certainly go back to Icmeler but would not stay in this hotel which is a shame beacuse it has the potential to be fantastic.

Nice hotel, ideal location, beautiful scenery, good value for money but...

by TripAdvisor Member Turkeylovers

Have just returned from the Marmaris Park, myself, husband and 3 children aged 9, 13 and 15.
We all really enjoyed our holiday, the Hotel is quite basic but comfortable and clean, I would say its rating of 3* plus would be a fair rating.
Its location is brilliant, its an easy stroll into Icmeler, it takes about 10 mins and is a lovely walk along the sea front. The hotel is surrounded by mountains and the sea and the scenery is absolutely beautiful.
The pool area is nice, there was always sunbeds available, the areas by the sea and the jetty were lovely and a lot cooler, it was 115 degrees when we were there. There was lots of steps all around the place to get in and out of the sea to cool off, the sea is lovely and clear and so clean. The water slide was good fun, my daughter loved that.
The food was good, you could always find something that you liked, plenty of meat dishes, lovely vegetable dishes. loads of salads, mezes, gorgeous sweets and a constant supply of watermelon!
The beach bar was a nice place to sit in the afternoon, we used to sit there and feed bread to the fish most days!
I would recommend the A La Carte restaurants, the Turkish one especially is gorgeous, you can choose 1 per week for free, if you paid for the food in a restaurant in town it would have cost you a fortune, it was absolutely beautiful.
The drinks were OK, normal all inclusive selection, the only annoying thing was during the day the poolside plastic cups were far too small so you had to double up all the time. Also, It would be a good idea to have a jug of water on each table at meal times instead of going to and fro from the drinks machines during each meal..more about that later....
The evening entertainment was typically turkish style..silly ...but quite funny! Sometimes not appropriate for the little kids as they could be a bit rude, all the entertainment staff were great, they didnt hassle you too much to join in, pretend to be asleep on your sunbed during the day and they will not pester you to join in the pool games!
The kids club and afternoon games were great for the younger children but I felt there was absolutely nothing for the teenagers, my 2 teenagers got a bit bored as they were too young for a lot of the poolside games and they had to be 16 to play darts and they were too old for the kids club games, they could do with organising something aimed at just the teens.
Icmeler is a pretty resort in stunning surroundings, they have improved the sea front recently and put all stone columns along the path way, it looks lovely in the evening when all lit up, I visited Icmeler 3 years ago and I couldnt believe how much it has changed in such a short space of time, there are too many loud pubs competing with each other seeing who can play the loudest music (the police are always busy riding around on their motorbikes monitoring the bars and telling them off!)
It is a shame as it is getting a bit like Gumbet in some parts, it seems to be geared towards the 18-30 scene now and not very family orientated. Its nice to go for a wander along the canal and visit the shops, the Wednesday market is good for towels, leather and the usual fakes but beware its not as cheap as it used to be even with an expert haggler in the family its harder to get a real bargain now.
If you want to go on a boat trip and you are part of a large group I recommend the Finding Nemo boat, for about £150 you can have the boat to yourselves for the day, you choose where you go, if you want to fish or go to little coves and the captain, who is an ex Hilton hotel chef cooks food to die for, he is helped by his english wife Linda who is lovely.
Do not bother going on Jimmy Boy's boat, we did on the first week, although the lunch was nice and the staff are lovely, the boat goes out in a convoy of about 30 or 40 other boats visiting the same places, its like sailing on a motorway with the boats all around blaring out music too loud, fine if you like that kind of thing but if you want to just chill out on a boat for the day like we were expecting then forget it, you wont get any peace and quiet!
Also, beware, Jimmy boy is not as sincere as you may think, he is in fact a real nuisance, he was trying to sell us a trip literally as we were walking to our rooms after checking in, he could see we had just arrived but would not shut up! in the end we booked a trip just to shut him up as every time we went out he seemed to be there! We heard from a reputable source that he is not to be trusted so please beware, try and be polite but firm and hopefully he will get the message.
Right, now onto my main issue with the Hotel..the Russians...
apparently they are causing problems all over the place now but unfortunately this Hotel seemed to be occupied by at least 80% of them.
For the first few days I could deal with it and actually found it funny as their manners and behaviour is so bad it is almost unbeliveable. After a while though you go into a sort of automatic defensive mode to try and deal with them!
They are despicable, they are so so rude to the staff at the Hotel, we witnessed many members of staff being treated in a really bad way and you could tell they were upset but they have to put up with it. Apparently, the staff have to serve them first at the bars when they push in and have to ignore the others who have queued, I think the reason for this is because they get aggressive and they literally start throwing things around and shout!
The amount of times when I had my hands full with drinks and I had a russian walk right into me or push past me which ended up with me spilling the drinks all over me... it was infuriating.
At meal times you help yourself to drinks from the machines, this can be a real nightmare as the russians just come along, literally shove you to the side or stand at the pumps filling their glasses, drink them then fill them up again regardless of the fact they push to the front of the queue and they know there are loads behind them!
Also they like to take over all the games and even the nightly entertainment, they HAVE to win every competition and I think the staff know its probably best to let them win rather than have to deal with the consequences! Another thing is the russian songs...they get played over and over, I have no problem with this as the Hotel has guests from all over the world but why cannot another country enjoy their own customary sing a longs as well?!
I could go on and on about the russians but I will leave it at that but unfortunately because of them our family will not return to this Hotel and I would not recommend it to other non russians!
It is such a shame as it really is a nice hotel in a great location and the friendliest staff, I say ban the russians and let more British and other nationalities in!!

Marmaris park hotel question - wasps??

by julia687

hi!
I am looking at a holiday to the Marmaris Park departing 24th September for 2 weeks, and while reading through reviews of the property one person commented on the ammount of wasps around the property. I am petrified of wasps and this would spoil my holiday if this is true. I have only found one review that says this but it is concerning me - anyone else been at this time of year and can help me!

Thanks as ususal for your help!!

Re: Marmaris park hotel question - wasps??

by redrhino12

I havent been to that hotel,but wasps can be a nuisance at that time of the year.
I would still go on the holiday and take a rolled up newspaper with me to swipe the little beggers.
Is there some kind of repelant you can buy to help protect yourself?,

Gene