Abacus Metropol

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Marmaris

Marmaris bus stationMarmaris bus station

Turtle beachTurtle beach

grape-spotting (red and white)grape-spotting (red and white)

WHAT IS ITWHAT IS IT

aqua dream???

by pompeymark

iv read on here that the new water park is called aqua dream..is there a new water park..if so where is it?..i knew of 2 water parks in marmaris..i pressume there is a 3rd

RE: aqua dream???

by xRebeccax

Its up in Armutalan, if you jump on the number 3 dolmus you will pass it up in the hills! Or you can book with a tour operator in which you will get free transport there and back to your hotel.

RE: RE: aqua dream???

by pompeymark

hi thanks..whats it like compared to the 1 along marmaris beach?..

RE: RE: aqua dream???

by uknic

ye there is a new waterpark in marmaris, its called aqua dream and is on the hills which u can easily see. Its much better compared the the one on the beach. I went to the park 2 times in july and it was very good. it has the kamakaze, black hole and many more good ones.

Travel Tips for Marmaris

Drinking

by marmarisbabe about Auzzie bar

We spent every night in the Auzzie bar, til bout 2 o'clock in morning its open later but then we normally go down the beach front to salt 'n' pepa. Its great if you have children as its a karaoke . We go back to the Auzzie bar year after year. waiters are great and friendly, get everyone up dancing. Its also very cheap. The young, nice looking waiter (Yilmaz) is mine, so HANDS OFF!!!. anything you wish to wear.

Dalyan : Healthy Mud Baths with lots of fun

by Innovator

Dalyan has many therapeutic hot springs. The waters which contain radioactive elements and sulphur are believed to cure rheumatism, skin, liver, spleen and bowel complaints, as well as being beneficial for nervous and digestive disorders.

The Sultaniye Thermal Bath which is famous in Turkey, the water is 40 degrees C. The water used since Hellenistic times.

The mud baths are also said to remedy rheumatism as well as cleanse and beautify skin. Once you have covered yourself in the mud, than you wait for a few minutes for it to dry. You clean yourself in the sulphur pool. Mud bath is also at a temperature of 40 degrees.

See my Dalyan pages for extra-ordinairy and funny pictures, and also the travelogues at the bottom!!! It's worth a look.

Marmaris - A Treasured Holiday

by Jade04

In July 2002, myself and 14 friends took a 2 week trip to Marmaris, Turkey. It was the first time I had been abroad in high summer - and I knew it. That summer I sweltered in temperatures of up to 40 oC+ - in the shade! It was a good job I propped up every bar we went in. Marmaris is a haven for those looking for an upbeat, lively holiday with an eastern feeling. A lot of holidays I have been on feels basically like home with sun - but not Marmaris! For the time I spent there, I was very much aware that I was in a foreign place, not just beacuse of the heat, either! All the staff in every single hotel, bar or restaurant we went into were so very friendly and made you feel so welcome, which I loved.

Marmaris has something for everyone. For those who just want to party, there are countless pubs and clubs along the beachfront - which is very easy to get to. There were loads of day trips and entertainment available. I went on a glass bottomed boat (well worth it), a midnight cruise (ditto), and a nearby hotel hosted a Turkish night (I'm not a fan of Turkish food, or curvacous belly dancers - but the lads loved it!). For the shoppers Marmaris has hundreds of shops selling some lovely gold cheaply, and fake products by the bagful. I bought a Hugo Boss shirt for ?4, some Chanel sunglasses for ?6 and bagfuls of spices for my (then) boyfriend that smelt wonderful!

The only annoying thing that I encountered out in Turkey were the pushy men. Unless you are constantly walking beside a male chaperone, then men will walk up to you and try to chat you up - or, if you are with a male friend, they try to barter for you! I think my best asking price was 5 camels - wonderful. Groups of kids also follow you everywhere in the centre of Marmaris trying to pin these lucky eye thingy's on you. If you get pinned, take it off and give it back (or throw it on the floor) before they chase you for money! There are the usual hoards of PR people trying to get you into their restaurant/bar/club - but barter with them, as we were such a large crowd we were always eating our startes free, or drinks free, and suchlike.

As long as you don't have a short patience, I would advise Marmaris for anyone. It's cheap, fun and a beautiful place to go. Whatever you want to do, Marmaris has it!

Comments