Blue Bay Deluxe Hotel

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Blue Bay Deluxe Hotel

overall good stay

by TripAdvisor Member RioLondon

The hotels first impressions are very nice. The reception area was clean and the staff very helpful. We were however a bit disappointed with the size of the rooms. Good for a couple I would say but a bit too small for me, hubbie and our 8 year old daughter. There really wasn't very much room at all. The pool area was quite good although if you are not up by about 7.30am to reserve a sun lounger then forget it! The hotel was 75% russian. Not a great deal in terms of entertainment but a fantastic location with a private beach within walking distance and lots of bars and restaurants. Food in the hotel was very repetetive and nothing great to be honest.

Shouldn't be advertised as a 4 or 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member GloucesterRosie

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Blue Bay's Deluxe Hotel in Marmaris, which had been advertised as a 5 star hotel on the website that we had used.

Upon arriving at the hotel, our initial impression was that lobby/reception area looked clean and tidy. The reception staff were also polite and helpful and symathised with us as we had been delayed by 4.5 hours, losing one of our nights at the hotel.

We were shown to our room which was really nice, clean and tidy as you would expect. The room itself was a twin bed (we would have preferred a double) but made do. Ours also had a third bed made up which was not required as we only booked for two. However this was removed upon request. There was a fridge which was empty, but this was handy for personal use.There were no coffee or tea making facilities within the room. Unfortunately, although there was air conditioning you hardly noticed it, as it could go no lower than 18 celsius which was still to warm to sleep in.

The bathroom was clean and tidy and included a really good power shower and a hairdryer. Towels were changed on a daily basis. Poolside towels were not provided, although this is something that we have come to expect with 4 and 5 star hotels.

As we arrived too late for breakfast on our first day, we went straight down to the pool area. Unfortunately, there were not enough sun beds and the area was quite crowded. We therefore decided to sit in the poolside bar and have a drink, which were served in plastic beakers in need of a good wash. We spent the remainder of our holidays either on a trip or at the beach, which provided free sunbeds providing you bought drinks or food from the nearby bar.

There was one helpful waiter in the restaurant but others were rude and stood about chatting. The choice of meals available each day were very limited and on ocassion cold.

The choice of drinks available under the 'all inclusive' option were also very limited and were a lot less than we have ever experienced on other 'all inclusive' holidays.

We found some of the male staff at 'The Sushi bar' to be rude and moody on occasion and slap dash in the service provided. The glasses were rinsed under running water without any cleaning fluid or effort.

Despite the disappointment with the hotel, which really shouldn't be advertised as a 4 or 5 star hotel,we really enjoyed the location and the close proximity to the beach and bars. We had a great time at the resort, especially our regular visits to the Robinson Crusoe bar in the evenings, where the dancers were absolutely brilliant!

Lovely holiday, great time!

by TripAdvisor Member scamyamy

I stayed at the Blue Bays Hotel Deluxe from September 13th to September 20th. Got back yesterday and still wish I was there.
Before I went away I read reviews about this hotel and was alittle worried from some of the bad reviews but its not true. So for anyone whos unsure I will make you feel better hopefully in this review!
I read about them sending you to the Blue bays con so we were aware of this but we had no trouble there at all. But at one point we did see them trying to do it to one man...but he stood his ground and it was all ok!
The hotel looks lovely and the rooms may not be huge but its all you need on a holiday because who spends all their time inside!
I went half board which I believe is the best idea because you've got the hotel food but then go out at lunch.
I read reviews about sunbeds never being free but that was not the case at all when I went. Maybe they have more now, or maybe because we went in September but we could get them going to the pool at 11am every day. Even though we went in September the weather was still absolutely boiling!
And I've read reviews on here that people complained about getting plastic beakers at the pool bar...sorry but thats silly...the reason they do that is because having glass next to where people walk round bare footed is dangerous! If your actually sitting at the bar they give you glasses, beakers is only for next to the pool.
The hotel is a lovely little place, it looks very nice, has a good pool, gym etc and lots of facilities. It's also literally a two second walk from the beach and bars, what more could you want!
Another thing about Turkey...me and my boyfriend checked our money near the end and we still had loads! It's very cheap and you dont even realise how little you actually spend as it seems more!
One word of warning, its fake country. If your going out buying anything and its cheap, dont trust it in any way. From perfume, football shirts to even tobacco, all fake. We went to a supermarket to buy golden virginia opened it and it absolutely stank and tasted disgusting. We went back and complained and got given the proper stuff. So if you smoke make sure you ask for the English and not the 'turkish cheap version'.
I can't really say what its like for kids as we went in school season. There was 4 of us - two middle aged adults and me and my boyfriend who are 19 and 22 and we all loved it.
Now for the hotel food...there have been very bad reviews. Personally I thought its not the best stuff I've ever tasted but I did enjoy it. There is alot of choice and nice things there to eat. One thing I would say is I only ate fish and chicken in our hotel and I was completely fine. My mum, dad and boyfriend ate more things and did all at some point get bad stomaches. But it wasnt bad enough to say any of them had food poisoning. But to be honest you cant definitely say it was the food, it could just be body reaction to heat and beer!
Sometimes it gets alittle annoying that every bar has someone outside trying to make you go in but thats their way of sales! But all the bars have fun evenings and good entertainment and are very enjoyable to be in.
So yes overall I did have an absolutely lovely time and wish I was still there. In my opinion ignore the bad reviews, the hotel is all you need on a holiday and made mine a great stay.
I hope you feel better after reading this and enjoy your holiday!

hate the hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member hayleyspirit

on arrival wewere given a suite room,we complained coz we booked the honeymoon grand room on the very top floor,but they had double booked it,the staff was not at all helpfull and 2 of the receptionist was laughing! very rude. anyway we just had to settle for the suite room which wasent too bad. then 2 days before we were to leave,the receptionist said theres been a promblem and we should not be in the suite room! we should be in a standad! we was determind not to be moved esp when we booked the bestest room in the hotel at the begining! they tried to bribe us and offered us free sap treatment but we refused and apparantly 2 sets of couple has to share a standad room together!! has they were fully booked.

the food was rubbish consited of salad for all 3 meals and a choice of 4 hot things! we eat ought all holiday.
the entertainmnet was crap for a 4 star.
the staff was so rude and arragant all exp the housekeeper.
we heard loads and loads of complaints from people it was unreal,i would not advise this hotel 4 anyone

the only good thing was marmaris inself was ok good for shopping but got quite annoyed with people hassling you to buy things! had good nightlife and bars,resterants ect

we would come again to turkey but maybe not marmaris again,altho we did have a nice holiday and made the most of the time we had there!

total disappointment and waste of my hard earned cash!

by TripAdvisor Member deemcwll

we have just returned from the blue bays deluxe yesterday(19/10/07)....to say we are disappointed,is truly an UNDERSTATEMENT!. the hotel on arrival looked really nice,buthow wrong we were,if we ate there half a dozen times in the 2weeks we were there thats all we did do.the food was absolutely appauling!!!!! it was very very limited in choice,and believe me i dont think we had one meal that was hot!!!!!!...we were not the only guests to be very disappointed with the food and hotels standards.the so called bar,was always running out of clean glasses,which they then ran under water and were supposed to be clean! and the drinks were watered down and tasteless.
the rooms were ok..although i was supposed tobe in a family room,but didnt get one!...there was nothing for my two kids todo as the cinema room and games room were closed,and had been all season apparently!!! no good to the kids locked are they?!...the staff @ reception were very arrogant and unhelpful indeed and there was one in particular....katrina a russian girl,who was so RUDE it was unbelieveable!!!! she actually told me to shut my mouth and that my daughter was stupid!!!! for asking for something we should of got upon arrival!!! then she threatened to call security as my daughter had her toes resting on one of the coffee tables in the foyer!!!even thou kids half an hour before had been standing on them and nothing was said!!!
we had two run ins with this girl/woman and the second occasion the rep witnessed it and was shocked and went to the manager.apparently this is going further,but i bet she will be there this time next year! one person i will gladly praise was BENJAMIN one of the waiters a true gentleman and a total gem,thank you benjamin!!!
this was the worst holiday that i have ever had honestly,the hotel certainly should not be advertised as a 4/5star!..ive stayed in better travel lodges!!!! we went allinclusive and certainly did not get our moneys worth from it @ all!!!!my father was ill and unable todo a lot as his hands and ankles were terribly swolen,the staff never once offered any help or asked if he was ok!
yet down @ the BRITISH CORNER BAR the guys there were amazing! they did everything they could to make my father comfortable and happy,they had a bag of ice as soon as we sat down for his hands!!!!!...like the hotel staff should of done,but didnt!
I WOULDNT ADVISE ANYONE TO BOOK THIS HOTEL @ ALL!!!!! this has got to be the worst holiday ever and we were so very glad to leave the place!!!!!!!

sitting on the fence

by TripAdvisor Member worriedofoxford

I stayed at the Blue Bays Delux Hotel at the beginning of Oct 07, I too had read some of the reviews (not just on this on this review site). I had booked this holiday with T Cook at the last minute (I do not usually book packages but had no choice at this time). I then found the mainly bad reveiws about this hotel and was very worried indeed about what to expect, certainly I am used to 4 star meaning 4 star standard!
I contacted TC and highlighted to them the bad reviews but it was too late to change/nil else available with them, however on arrival at the hotel I found I had been upgraded to full inclusive plus I was allocated a junior suite with full sea view, and therefore had little to complain about. The hotel does show signs of wear and tear (stained carpets etc). The food is indeed 3 star/canteen standard, and drap (gray) in terms of decoration and location (why?).
RE Receptionist in complete agree - although I didn't have much to with her on the rare occusions that I did she was unhelpful, difficult to get her attention (if you could drag her away from the male reps/members of staff) she also look bored most of the time and therefore didnt give a good impression of the hotel. other staff I found pleasent and helpful.
T Bath of good standard and would recommend but the B spa was closed.
Hotel dif not suitable for children (no whare for them to run around) teenagers would maybe bored at the hotel.
In the high season finding a sunlounger around the pool or on the beach would be impossible.
Hotel is however in a good location.
Would suggest any one concerned about staying there contact their package operator and show them some of these reviews.
To sum up my feelings about the place wouldn't book by choice to stay there however if I accentetely found myself booked there would be ok about it. This is not a 4 * hotel.

For the attention of Hayley I had noticed that you where staying there on the forum, sorry you has such a bad time what has your holiday operator said about it all? anyhow best wedding wishes.

Trust the reviews and give this hotel a miss

by TripAdvisor Member DeepBlue1000

I booked this hotel through T Cook for the last two weeks of August 2007 for myself (31) and my girlfriend (29). The sea view room was paid for as extra.

We read the other reviews on this site about peoples dissapointment over being left in reception with no room, getting the wrong room, or even being put in the Blue Bay hotel at the back of the complex. We thought that this wouldn't happen to us, we were wrong - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. The stories are true, the British are being put in the wrong room and even in the wrong hotel.

On arrival mid afternoon we were informed that the sea view room we booked was not available and they had no record of this in the booking. After some discussions they found the appropriate information and said that the room would be vacated in the morning and ready to move into. Ok, so theres the first dissapointment. The reception staff play the "we don't understand English" line!

First thing in the morning we went down to pick up the key for the sea view room, what a surprise the room would not be ready until 15:00 that day, so we went away and spent the morning at the pool.

When we picked up the key and checked the room out we found it to be a twin room, why would a young couple book a twin room that, according to T Cook would definately be available. I wondered down to reception to complain only to be informed that there were no other rooms available with a double bed.

More discussions in reception and I suggested that they get the double bed out of the room we had just moved out of. After a argument in reception they eventually agreed to swapping the beds over.

We eventually got the room we paid for!

Restaurant:
You will get tired of greek breakfast as there is no variation from day to day. Thankfully we only booked bed and breakfast so did not have to endure the poor quality food and unfriendly restaurant staff.

Rooms:
Clean rooms with good facilities, although no ironing boards in the hotel and a real pain to get reception to sort out a iron. They had no real desire to assist without a push. The rooms were extremely cramped for two people and as a result spent as much time as we could out and about.

Location:
Ideal quiet part of Mamaris and only a 30 minute walk to the town or quick five minutes on the bus. Plenty of places to eat and drink only five minutes walk away.

General verdict:
DO NOT STAY HERE, THE REVIEWS ARE CORRECT ABOUT NOT GETTING THE RIGHT ROOM - YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED.

Stay at the Blue Bay Deluxe is a must

by TripAdvisor Member Lou45

I booked this hotel as part of a holiday for my parents and myself and after reading the reviews that were given on this site I started to worry if I had done the right thing. We arrived on the morning of 15 April 2008 and were shown to our room, it was lovely with a basket of fruit waiting for us as it was my parents 65 birthdays. We were all inclusive and being a fussy eater I was a bit worried but I was always able to find something to eat. The food was lovely heatlhy eating with lots of salad, chicken, pasta, etc. The desserts were to die for. We were treated extremely well and I have to say that I have no complaints about this hotel at all. People complained that there were no fried eggs or 'english breakfasts, or even roast beef and yorkshire pudding'. We moan and complain that we need to eat more healthy and yet when it is before us people only want comfort food.

The staff were lovely and nothing was too difficult for them. The hotel was spotless, even the windows in the lifts were cleaned more than once a day. When the carpet in the hallways of each floor was dirty at night by the morning it was clean again. The waiting staff in the restaurant were attentive and remembered names, drinks, etc from one day to the next.

The spa was something else! Sauna, steamroom, turkish bath, full body massage (including head and neck), face mask and all for £25 - I really recommend you have this done in the hotel and not outside as it is awesome. I have had this all done before, but I have to say I never felt as relaxed as I did after having this done.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the only thing is if you want peace and quiet away from the 'loud people' then April or September is the time to go.

I congratulate the hotel management in running such a good hotel.

Great Staff, Good Location, Food Could Be Improved

by TripAdvisor Member AnnBellfield

I have just returned from a 7 night all inclusive stay at this hotel and travelled with my friend for a girlie spa break. We were attracted to this hotel because it contained a deluxe spa centre and we were specifically looking for somewhere in the sun where we could pamper ourselves, we also managed to get a decent all inclusive deal on this hotel via teletext holidays web site which clinched it. Transfer time from the airport is around the 2 hour mark but on the way out, our bus seemed to go all ways and it took us 5 hours to arrive, it took two and half hours to return though.

When we arrived we were a little disappointed with the location as the hotel's website seemed to suggest it was further out of things than it actually was, it is actually in quite a busy stretch surrounded by other hotels, pubs and clubs. However the hotel itself was lovely, very modern and high class and the twin room we had was ample with a balcony overlooking the pool areas. The airconditioning was included in the price we had already paid but we had to pay £12 for the use of the safe for the week.

The staff were friendly and spoke very ample English and the hotel, pool and communal areas were well kept and very clean. The hotel also has its own private stretch of beach that you get to by crossing a small stretch of wasteland in front of the hotel then turning right. The loungers are marked with Blue Bay Deluxe on the back of them so you can tell which ones they are. These are free to use for hotel guests and we found we spent most afternoons there as the breeze just kept the temperature bearable for us. Even in May the temperature was hitting 35 degrees!

We made good use of the hotels spa complex. It has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, Turkish Bath, Steam Room and Sauna. The Pool, Gym, Steam Room, Sauna and Turkish Bath are free to use for hotel guests but other services you have to pay extra for and we found were on a parr with prices here in the uk. The staff in the spa centre are a real joy, so helpful and friendly. We have to recommend that you pay the extra to have the full Turkish Bath treatment at the very start of your holiday, this will exfoilate you and get your skin ready for the sun and cost us just £15. Paying for that treatment qualified you for a 20% discount on all other treatments so was worth doing for us.

Down at the beach there is a little hut and a chap there called Cash who sells trips out. His trips were nearly identical to the reps but quite a bit cheaper. This chap was so helpful and friendly and gave us a huge amount of information that really helped us as this was our first visit to Turkey. We got three trips out for just £45 for the three and enjoyed them all. The only one to watch is the trip to the mud baths at Dalyan which we did enjoy but found the boat was over booked and we had to sit on the floor on the way out.

If I could say that anything in this hotel could be improved it would have to be the food but then again, this is a common problem with all inclusives in Turkey generally. The food was bland and repeative but we usuallly always found somethign we could eat and as the price was so good, we didn't mind paying extra to eat out once or twice. Just minutes walk from your hotel is a huge selection of bars and restaurants with varying prices to suit every budget.

A little tip when booking a room, ask for a higher floor to keep the noise down and don't ask for a sea view as you will get a sea view but you will also get all the noise from the bar next door, a pool view room is better and quieter. We were on the 4th floor and found the double glazing kept the noise well down.

One final note to younger people reading this review. If a rep from Club Areena comes round and offers you the world to go to his club be aware that although the bus back and to is free, entrance is free and the first drinks are free, a vodka and coke from there on in will cost you around £12 per drink!

Great Hotel, Good Food, Friendly Staff!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Scots_tourists

My wife and I have just returned from an extremeley pleasant stay at the Blue Bays Deluxe. We felt compelled to write a review, due to so much unwarranted critisism and negative feedback.

We booked a week at the last minute through teletext for 285 pounds each from Edinburgh. This was our first time in Turkey and we approached the whole thing with trepidation, having read mostly negative reports.

The airline for our trip was Onur Air. I fly worldwide weekly for my job and I can say with confidence that this is the worst, most charmless airline I have ever been with. Even Balkan in the eighties, puts this lot to shame. Ran out of water and sandwiches and most spirits, which on a 5 hour flight is a bit much. The cabin crew had also been smoking heavilly onboard before we boarded and the plane smelled strongly of tobbacco smoke. The flight attendants also refused to accept scottish notes and didn't want to give out change, so the lucky ones who managed to get something from the trolley were short changed.

Dalaman airport is also the most expensive airport in the world. Nine pounds for a Big Mac meal or twenty for a pizza hut smallish pizza and about seven pounds for a Gin and Tonic is diabolical. It is neither wonder the bars and restaurants are empty there. My advice is to take a packed lunch with you before go there.

Anyway that's the moaning finished with. We arrived at our hotel at 6:30 AM. No hassle on checking in. The receptionist was organised and welcoming. He explained the restaurant times and gave us some hotel info, before a bell boy carried our luggage to our room.

The room was a little small, but nicely furnished and had a very nice bathroom, although there isn't much sound proofing between bathrooms.

The food in the hotel is of a very good standard. We really enjoyed the breakfast. Things on offer were scrambled, boiled, fried eggs and ommlettes made to order. Ther was also frankfurters and baked beans. . All of which were HOT, not luke warm and tasted nice. There was also a large selection of cereals, freshly baked bread, jams, cheeses and fruit. The tea and coffee were from a machine and perfectly drinkable. The fruit juice is a bit syrupy, but fine when watered down a little.

Lunch and dinner comprised of three choices and did not at any time become repetitive. Things on offer were battered fish, pasta, chicken, lamb, pizza, turkish specialties. There was also a mountain of chips at every service. The salads choices were top drawer. My wife is a professional Chef and we are not easy to please. All the food we tried was fresh, hot and tasty, we always cleared our plates and on occasion went up for seconds. The choice of sweets is also magic. The restuarant has a pleasant ambience and the waiters are very attentive and keep you topped up with wine and beer throughout your meal.

The space around the pool is a little limited so sunbeds are in demand. If you are down by ten they can be obtained without a problem. The staff at the pool bar are very friendly and quick to serve. We gave them a couple of quid every other day and always seemed to get a healthy measure of local spirits which were definately not watered down.

The hotel spa is fantastic. My wife and I went for a turkish bath, massage and face pack for 25 pounds each. The treatment lasted about an hour and a bit and was good fun and very relaxing. We also used the sauna and steam room most days. The spa is as good as any you will find anywhere and the prices are vey reasonble. The spa staff are also a very friendly and welcoming bunch.

The reception staff were also helpful and offered full and speedy assistance whenever we had a query or needed help. They were not rude in anyway. My opinion is there are a minority of Brits who get the rest of us a bad name. If you treat staff as you would like to be treated yourself, then you will have no problems. Manners cost nothing and some people should remember this, when they are dealing with the locals.

So overall, had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, probably put on a pound or two and will be returning again next year.

FINDING NEMO BOAT TRIPSFINDING NEMO BOAT TRIPS

AN ENTRANCE TO THE BAZZARAN ENTRANCE TO THE BAZZAR

Marmaris harbourMarmaris harbour

AL FRESCOAL FRESCO

EBRU....WHAT A HOTEL

by Ackerz

I HAVE JUST RECENTLY GOT BAC FROM MY HOLIDAY IN MARMARIS. I STAYED AT THE EBRU HOTEL AND IT WAS AWESOME. IT'S THE BEST HOTEL IN MARMARIS, ITS THAT GOOD THAT I AM GOING STAYING THERE AGAIN NXT YR!!! IF ANYONE IS STAYING AT THE EBRU HOTEL AND WANTS ANY INFORMATION, THEN FEEL FREE 2 EMAIL ME.

THANKS

RE: EBRU....WHAT A HOTEL

by newday2

Hi, so glad you enjoyed your holiday.As a matter of politeness
why don't you use lower case (CAPITAL LETTERS OFF) as all the
other members do.People will still read your comments but it is
better using lower case.Why don't you show how good things were
by making a page up, then we can all read it. regards newday2

by Ackerz

Sorry for the caps. I write in capitals with a pen so its just a habit. I will sort out a page when my photos come through nxt week.

by MrsUzer

Love this hotel, stayed there for many years, all the staff are great, even though they keep changing, except for the usual suspects, giggies, elvis, lopez and chef. They did a fantastic small wedding party in May for me and my husband at short notice, set out the tables, spent hours blowing up balloons, arranged the entertainment etc... Its in an ideal location, couldnt wish for a friendlier place, its only 2 star, but they make it feel like more!

by TraceyJ

Im going to the Ebru on Aug 18 & cant wait. I must admit, after reading some other reports, I was more than a little apprehensive.

Comments