Adnan Menderes Cad.Selvi Sokak 1, Marmaris, Mugla, Turkey

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Club Antique Palace

first time in turkey and gr8 time in antique palace

by TripAdvisor Member sal_88

The hotel was alrite i had the best hol in turkey and the hotel the staff on the other hand were not that good but the ice cream man i think liked my nephew as he kept calling him, might be as he spent so much money on waffles there, and that he looked turkish,
it always had stuff going on but the resutrant was crap as you had to wait ages for people to serve you the pools were clean and fun with all the pool toys, the shops stayed open late which was very good the staff in there are very nice and friendly especially the young hairdresser whom i was told is called ramish/ ramesh i can deffinatly recomend a turkish hair cut in there as my nephew and dad had one both done buy ramish/ramesh he was very professional and really took his time with it but the best bit about that was that he tortured my dad by pulling his fingers till they clicked now every one likes it when people hurt them selves and i took great pleasure in laughin at my dad in pain
The room was clean and roomy the house keeping put the main bedrom sheets into a heart and made it all nice and fancy which i thought was sweet

they are also very honest and trustworthy as i had several valubles lying around my room like expensive camera, purse with money , phone , straightners and not a single thing was broken or taken they even put my straightners away for me in the cupoard as well as my clothes which i think is rather nice

as well as the hotel being good the area was very nice they are all very welcoming and willing to help you there isnt a bar in the whoel area you cannot go an sit down in and feel welcome they made you feel at home by dancing around, entertaining people the resturants in the area are very good especially hotstuff , and one bar was the royal oak opposite hotsuff the staff were nice always tried to entertain you by dancing one barman in particular even got me up to dance in front of loads of people making a idiot of my self they like my nephew they put him up on the bar , to dance on it , gave him wig and an inflatable guitar, they also had puppies in the back of thebar that were very sweet and snuffly , cute the buses were excelent a lot more fruequent than here
, i recomd also to book trips there they are excelent i went on jeep safari that is excelent one big water fight , horse riding , boat trip that was very good traveling around several beaches in marmaris i would say book your trips with a company round the corner from the hotel in the same road as the rose resturant the man that booked ours was called jack very nice person

antique in every aspect!

by TripAdvisor Member rasper

Having just returned from a 10night stay at the antique palace,i must say,just glad we didn't book for 14 as originally planned! Upon arrival and given our rooms(2 twin), we entered the first to be greeted by what could only be desrcibed as a revolting stench(cross between rotten eggs and something dying)must be somehow related to the nice view when walking out onto the balcony which must be at least 3ft wide, as the street sewers ran directly underneath,accompanied by the turkish bath sited in the basement underneath.Immediately back at reception,having it out with the manager(great start!),we finally managed to get the room changed,albeit another one on the front of the hotel, on the 2nd floor with panoramic views once again of the street sewers.
Considering we booked both rooms together(family of 5)throughout the holiday we had to continually traverse between floors and rooms as on different levels.
Dont book bed/breakfast,pathetic and a waste of time,never any cups,turkish breakfast consisting of rubber salami,bland cheese and olives.Every now and again you would be have the option of gone cold beans,boiled eggs not even cooked properly or a member of staff supposedly present to cook an ommelette who didnt exactly go out of his way to be approachable.Halfway through the holiday the hotel ran out of cereal,the only real thing that was edible for the kids,once again complaining to the sour faced staff at reception,as you guessed it,not a lot was done about it.
Also one important thing,if you want a lie in forget it,must set your alarm for 7:30am,if you dont get up at this time,forget the sunbeds around the pool.Apparently the english now seem even better than the germans for hogging the beds,with the daily race at 8:00am to get one(saddo's).
Rooms are tiny,balconies even smaller,damp on the walls and showers that spray everywhere apart from on you.Youngest child(7yrs old) supplied with a camp bed,on first night quite literally fell through as springs gone,slept rest of holiday in our bed.
Also 2 days from end of holiday,found somebody had been tampering with locks on suitcases as one had been bust,pointless really considering everything in safety deposit box.Goes without saying this is a must have in this hotel!
Once again confronted the manager,starting to become monotonous now.Told he would confront cleaners tomorrow morning and inform me of outcome.Did i ever see the manager again,no.Confronting reception on numerous occasions ,funnily enough he was never available again till we left.
Plus points about the hotel,not many,but outside the hotel brilliant,plenty of nice bars/restaraunts to eat out and all the staff really friendly.Hot stuff and yes sirs both being particularly excellent places to eat out.Also definitely recommend trip down to marina at night, eating out at one of the many restaraunts sited there.brilliant.
Would definitely go back to turkey,but certainly not at the palace!

Brillant time!

by TripAdvisor Member DunfermlineAandG

Just came back from Marmaris on Saturday 29th September. I have to say that it was great, the apartments were basic but clean and we had no problems whatsoever. When we arrived at 5am we asked if we had a pool view as requested by the tour operator for me but we were told we did not. As it wasn't guarateed we politely asked the receptionist if it would be possible to change and it wasn't a problem, I think as it was September the hotel wasn't full. There was a good mix of age groups there from older people, to young families and couples like myself and my boyfriend. The pools at the hotel were clean and as there were three we had no problem getting a sun lounger at any time during the day.
Some areas of marmaris are a bit tacky and the worse thing is the hassle you get from the shop keepers to come into their shops! My advice is just walk on if your not interested. Take English tenners if you want a good deal on presents etc as you'll get more for your money.
The nightlife and restaurants are some of the best I have been to worldwide and for anyone who enjoys at night out with a nice meal and a few (or a lot!) of drinks this is the place to be any night of the week. Bar street and the beach front are more expensive that the inland bars but me and my boyfriend had two amazing nights out here during our week's stay. Go to crazy daisy's and arena which are open air clubs on bar street and you can dance anywhere, on a podium, on the bar, forget health and safety!! Its mental! Bar X and The Beach club are also good on the beach. You can also bargain for your drinks, we got a fishbowl half price as they are really desperate for you to come in even if the clubs full!!. It cost about 4 quid to get the these areas from antique palace in a taxi or you can get the dolmus for about £1 from right outside the hotel.
Caria restaurant at the marina was brillant food, a little more expensive but well worth it. Madboys in armutalan is just 5 minutes from antique palace and we ate there twice. The staff are brillant and got us up dancing both nights. Hot Stuff is also really nice food and is on the main road just beside the hotel.
I have been to ibiza, spain (several times), majorca, portugal and tenerife and this was the best holiday I have had. Whether its relaxing by the pool or taking a different trip everyday there is always something to do in marmaris. Overall the hotel was just what we wanted for a base but the music in the hotel restaurant does go on to 12 midnight and is loud so be warned if you have small kids. It does go off at the dot of midnight as they are very strict about this. I hope to back to turkey and am really looking forward to it.

disgusted:::Exeter

by TripAdvisor Member SouthCocoa

We were a party of four holidaying in Marmaris Turkey staying in the Antique Palace hotel for two weeks, the grounds of the hotel were fine, in the rooms there was information and guidelines on the back of the door, the rooms were meant to be cleaned daily and bedding and towels changed every two days but after a couple of days staying there these guidelines were not completely followed,the only cleaning that was done was the floor being washed with a very dirty mop with a filthy cloth attached to it leaving a very dusty residue on the floor also i found toe nail clippings on the floor beside the bed and they were still there when we checked two weeks later, DISGUSTING, you could not walk around in the room with no foot wear on as your feet would get very dirty, there was never any dusting done, the dust was so thick on surfaces you could write your name in it, if and when they changed your towels they did not leave clean ones and the foot towel for after a shower was not changed at all in the two weeks so that was filthy, the bedding was supposed to be changed every two days but ours was only changed once and that was in the second week, two days before we were due to leave, some of the staff there were very polite but the rude one's out numbered the polite one's, we were bed and breakfast, not reccomended, there is a very limited ammount and that was not very palletable, i would reccomend self catering, i personally would not recommend this hotel and we will not return to this hotel

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member choco60

I have not long returned for a two week stay at the Antique Palace and have to say that it has been by far one of my best holidays EVER!!!!

Our room was quite spacious, with a pool view. The room was cleaned everyday and towels/bed linen changed twice a week. When they change the towels they make little shapes out of they and one day, our bed was covered in petals, it was so nice!

I found the hotel in general to be very clean. No problems whatsoever.

Don't expect much if your B&B... Its a Turkish breakfast that is served (fair enough - you are in Turkey!!!). If you prefer the English breakfast, the restaurant in the hotel's is ok at only as cost of about £1.80. There's also a few places round about that do Scottish breakfasts - far better if you ask me!!!

The staff in the bar were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. Special mention goes to Alex, Mustafa (the cute one) and the manager!

We attended the Turkish night which consisted of a BBQ and Turkish entertainment. I thought the food was very nice and you could help yourself to as much as you could eat - ok for £10 per person!

I've seen a few comments regarding people complaining about getting ill because of the pool?? We spent alot of time in the pool throughout our 2 week stay and we had no problems. The only time I did hurt my ear was from going down the water slides too many times!!

The water slides - really good! But I do have to say that when we were there, people were letting their children run riot. The staff announced so many times that they were to slide one by one - noone paid attention so they got switched off. Even when the slides were switched off, the kids were climbing up them, trying to turn the water back on. It was beyond belief! There was nothing more the pool staff could have done. PLEASE CONTROL YOUR KIDS ON HOLIDAY AS IT JUST SPOILS IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

The only bad thing I would say is - we had to set our alarm for 7:30 every morning to get up and get sunbeds - they're gone if you don't!

We went on the Jeep Safari with a company round the corner from our hotel. We were told that it would be a first class jeep for 6 people.... The jeep was ok but not first class and there were 8 of us on it! However, it was a brilliant laugh and I would highly recommend it! Just one big water fight!!! I had reviews on here not to take a camera, which i didn't - i am now bitterly disappointed as you see some fantastic sights and the driver has a box that you can put your valuables in. It cost us £14 each with this company.

I recommend taking English money - everything is so much cheaper!!

We went to a chinese restaurant down by the harbour one night - stay clear (its the one next to Original Chinese and has a Roof Top). Very Very expensive. They charged us 200 Lira which is about £90 (there were 4 of us) - the meals come to no where near that price. We didn't argue as we were a bit scared to be honest. Can only think that there was a service charge and maybe an additional cost for sitting on the roof top - so be warned!!!!

We attended Marmaris market which is on a Thursday - didn't think much of it to be honest. We got conned into buying boxer shorts... Size L - nowhere near!! Don't be as daft as us!!

Overall this was a fantastic holiday, mostly down to the hotel and the friendliness of the staff and the turkish people in general. Already looking into booking up for May 2008!

NEVER AGAIN

by TripAdvisor Member Pilchard4

Bad start to finish. Morning of arrival had to change rooms due to broken toilet, broken cupboards, damaged furniture etc. 2 young kids but ended up on 5th floor. Lifts broke down everyday so had to constantly walk up & down 5 flightsall the time. All were ill we believe because of the pool. Husband stopped going in after a week but me & the kids carried on swimming. Husband stopped being ill yet me & boys had ear infections, chest infections, conjunctivitus and i'm hoping not impetigo as a child came down with that when we were there the last day. The pool had broken glass in it. When they cleaned around the pool they swept it into the pool. They only put a chemical in at night, I have never known a pool not to have pipes etc cleaning it. The slides- My son had his mouth cut open from the rush of people coming down 1 after the other, my other had adults kick him in the back because they came down without checking if someone wqas there. I was even in the pool dragging the kids out of the way from oncoming people sliding down the slide, it wasnt monitored properly. Was told just before we came home that no under 8s should be on the slide, this was not in the brochure. Staff rude in reception and bar. Hotel and pools not as in the brochure. They give you a brochure too and you wouldnt think it was the same place. Couldnt go on any trips due to illness from hotel. Majority of people in hotel ill and couldnt wait to get home. Thought air con may be a problem but people who didnt have air con were also ill. I hope you have a better time than us as I know some people enjoyed their stay.

Fantastic - need i say more!

by TripAdvisor Member Danger_Mouse_7

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left the people in this hotel couldn't do more for us.
The rooms were clean, towels were changed twice a week and everything else was sufficent.
The waiters were amazing, they couldn't do more for your (we love you Alex).
The whole time the family were there we weren't out of the pool and none of us suffered from any illnesses. We also didn't hear anyone complain about any illnesses.
The pool was cleaned every night so not sure where the problem came from.
The best thing about this hotel was the all the waiters and hotel worker spoke english (not they should have to as we are in their country!) They do it to be helpful.
I have already booked to go back to this hotel in 2008, this is one of the best hotels i have stayed at for a long time.
A special thank you to the manager at the bar, thanks for making our holiday complete.

See you all next year!

Dont bother

by TripAdvisor Member Magic1965

Stayed here between 20th Aug and 3rd Sep 07.

We stayed here at the same time of year last year and had cleaning problems thought-out our stay but thought we would give it one last chance, but would never stay at this hotel again due to the reasons listed below.

1; swimming pools (3) were never cleaned in the 2 weeks we were there but plenty of chemicals added every night as I witnessed it.
Meet 12 people with ear, chest or throat infections due to swimming pool(s) or air conditioning in rooms. I had ear infection for 6 days.
I found broken glass in one swimming pool and the response I got from the manager was “what can we do about it”.
My 8yr boy suffered within 3 days of getting there with coughing fits at night, blocked nose.

Slides are worn out and need maintaining as lots of people were getting feet cuts or toe nails ripped off, my boy included.

You have no chance of getting a sun bed after 10am as there is not enough to cater for all guests.

2; Restaurant/bar staff more interested in chatting to girls then doing any work and when you do order any food it takes about 1hr to come.
Your pestered all the time for tips evening the cleaner knocks on your room in morning on the day you leave about 8am for a tip.

3; Hotel will not let you drink or eat anything you HAVENT bought in the bar/restaurant around the pool. They come around about 3 times everyday to remove and dump in the bin anything you have by the side of your sun bed if you haven’t bought it from the bar.

4; Cleaning standards in hotel are really bad (you will have to clean your room yourself) you will get a cleaner everyday but she will do as little as possible. Bedding gets changed once every week and towels twice if you’re lucky.
You will have to pay for toilet roll as you only get one roll.

5; This is what I got told from First choice rep.”Management for hotel has changed this year and First choice have been getting lots and lots of complaints about Hotel this year and we think it may have something to do with the new management”

6; You will have to pay £50.00 for crap air-conditioning for 2 weeks when in most other Hotels it’s free, you only get the aircon in the bedroom so if you have anyone sleeping in the lounge they will sweat like mad at night. (A little tip, lift open the front cover of aircon unit and ensure the filters are clean).
£20.00 for safe box for 2 weeks.

I have never been anywhere where so many people are complaining, if you ever go there look in the comments book they have with the Reps info on the table at reception.

Turkey is a great place and we have been 4 times in the last 6yrs but it’s getting more and more expensive every year, clothes in the bazaar are not as cheap as they used to be and that goes for the quality as well.
Hope this helps.
M

shame about the bar staff

by TripAdvisor Member manxManchester

arrived early hours of the morning to be placed on the 4th floor and the lift was not working we refused to go up stairs but we were assured that the lift would be fixed and supprise supprise it was from previous reviews we knew that the rooms were pretty modest but we were content with this room . the balcony was small but only sat out on a few occasions. because we only use the hotel as a base, we found that it was ok for our use. the rooms were cleaned every day and towels, sheets etc changed every other day but talking to other guests we think that it depends on who your maids are, because other floors were not as fortunate as ourselves so overall we had no problem with the hotel however, could not say the same for the waiters and bar staff. we found them at best ignorant and at worse downright rude. on first day we sat in the bar area and trying to get them to come to your table for service was impossible so gave up and went to the bar myself, only to be ignored there as well ordered food and had to wait so long it was cold when it was served. on the second night we were met with the same indifference and this time ordered the special meal and because they left it too long on the special plate when it was served it was burnt and tasted awfull, i understand that this is a common problem as they made you pay when you order as people have refused to pay when they get the meal i complained but could not get a refund so that was the last time spent in the hotel bar. iwas not the only one experiencing this problem, as meeting other guests in the bars around the hotel they were of the same oppinion as myself i suspect that the good reviews previously given about the bar staff were by young females or a group with a number of young girls in them because they were the only ones getting any attention.

Brilliant holiday

by TripAdvisor Member katieDe

just returned from a weeks holiday at the antique palce with my boyfriend. Had a brilliant time.

Booked the hotel for a very reasnoble price and you get what you pay for. The rooms are smaill and basic, but a maid comes in every day and changes your towels and mops the floor. Alot of people seem to be complainng about the rooms but they were fine, how much time do you spend in them anyway???

The poolside was great, the pools seemed clean, the slides were fab and supervised at all time. Music was played all the time and it was loud this was not a problem for me and my boyfriend, but i can see why people with young children may not like it. We didnt wake up till about 10.30 am most mornings and allways got a sunlounger.

Cant really comment on the food as never ate at the hotel there are so many brilliant resterants around we wanted to go to different places. Great Corner which is about 5 minutes walk away was great for food was really cheap and the staff were all lovely.

overall had a great holiday, and cant understand why some people are moaning.....

by pompeymark

hi,can anyone tell me much about the Club Antique Palace..and do anybody know what number dolmbus runs from outside the hotel.many thanks..i thinks its the blue number 2..but not sure..

RE: Club Antique Palace

by goldswing06

hi there i went to the antique palace in may this year with my husband and three children. I booked the holiday as it was very cheap and it turned out to be the best holiday we had ever had . the hotel is really lovely rooms are simple but very clean, the staff were absolutely wonderful from waiters to entertainment staff and cleaners.Nobody could do enough for us.
The dolmus is number two and stops 50yards from hotel. I must just say if you are self catering you will need to pay for air con but it is free with all other boards (make sure you get it free). also there is a very good restaurant down the road called the red rose which is brilliant although the food i bought at hotel was good too!! hope you have a great time.

antique palace hotel and apartments

by shaniatwain

hi i am going to club antique palace and wondering if any one has been there and what it is like we will be going in middle of july any replies would be appreciated

HOTEL ER&OS club marmaris

by HOLIDAYSIN

HI THERE CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE STAYED IN THE ER&OS CLUB HOTEL WHAT IS IT LIKE OR IF THEY HAVE SEEN IT WHERE IS IT PLEASE HELP 4 GIRLS GOING ON THE 15 JUNE 2007 AND WE ARE GOING OUT OUR MIND CAUSE WE HAVE NEVER HEARED ABOUT IT THE HOLIDAY FROM HOLIDAYS4U MANY THANKS

RE: HOTEL ER&OS club marmaris

by snoopyfox

Hiya
The only info I could find for you is this link
I am going 11th to 25th June 2007, staying antique palace, send me an invite to your room warming party lol

RE: HOTEL ER&OS club marmaris

by DAZZATHEMAN

hi been to marmaris 8 times now and going back in june 2007 last may went with holidays 4 u the hotel we stayed in was ok but like u 4 was worried about going with this airline the plane was very old we got on the plane and got told to sit were we want the food was awful the airline staff could not speak any english could not wait to get of the plane the flight was terriable as soon as we landed i was already worring about coming back with this airline i would not recomend holidays4 u and if u are travelling with a airline called onur air i would change it

Re: HOTEL ER&OS club marmaris

by ellie1234

hi,never heard of this hotel.but i have booked flights with h4u on many occasions these flights are with onur air ,basically you get what you pay for economy travel if i wanted first class treatment id have to pay first class fare. im sure you and your freinds will have a lovely time in marmaris regardlessof your hotel.

Comments