Club & Hotel Letoonia Fethiye

Booking.com Otel.com Priceline.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Club & Hotel Letoonia Fethiye

Letoonia the best

I was looking for a restful holiday and found the description of Letoonia Hotel on Expedia[-]. Everything was looking pretty so I decided to go there and have fun... That was the best thing I did in my life: That was really beyond words, a very beautiful village on a charming peninsula on Turkish Riviera with sun, sand and magnificient blue see... I thought I'd come to Paradise on Earth!

So I spent a week there and took a great rest, more than the vacation I hoped... The staff was so lovely and everything was very well organized. That was very nice to have lunch in one of the restaurants with view on see and serving delicious Turkish meals and have dinner with moonlight at the Moonlight Restaurant... That was just beyond the words... and I think that I would never forget these days in Paradise...

Thank you to Trip Advisor for its wise advises...

Perfect spot

by TripAdvisor Member organix

Have just returned from a week at Club Letoonia with 4 adults and a 6 year old. We were delighted with the resort and the Fethiye area - the resort itself is beautifully laid out and maintained. The food was first class although we did speak to some Brits who moaned about the food in general and the fact that there was no 'Full English breakfast' - holiday in Skegness next time!! The food was all fresh produce cooked in front of you. The variety was superb and we were amazed at how well the buffet restaurants catered for the numbers - it all worked like clockwork. Not a fan of buffets myself but they couldn't be faulted. Favourite buffet restaurant was the Moonlight restaurant - views were gorgeous. Also tried the Turkish restaurant which was top class as well. although this had to be booked on the day by queuing for half an hour in 38 degrees. Sun loungers were plentiful but if you wanted a particular spot or great numbers of them together, you had to resort to sneaking down in the early morning and laying out your towel. Hate doing this but that's how the system works unfortunately - some people were really inconsiderate and would book beds that lay unused most of the day. The rooms were not what you would expect for 5 star but in saying that they were perfectly fine and the air conditioning was a god send - temperature was up to 40 degrees some days. The resort is set on a hillside so expect to climb stairs and lots of them. Helps to work off the inevitable over-eating (and drinking). It was fab having everything included, drinks as well, but in saying that I think the drinks were well watered down or very low alcohol. I was craving a decent gin and tonic by the end of the week. However that shouldn't detract from what was a wonderful break where all we had to do was waddle from pool to beach to bar to restaurant. We booked independently which meant that we had to find our own way about. The resort staff at reception were not very helpful when it came to telling us how things worked in the resort, what was on and how we could find out this information. We picked things up by chance along the way. One thing I would caution about is what we called 'Turkish time'. When they say the transfer from Dalaman airport is 45-50 mins, read 1 hour and 20 minutes. When they say a bus trip to Dalyan is around 1 hour (on a tour) they really mean 2 hours (by the time they have picked all passengers up). When they say you will be picked up at a certain time, add at least 15 minutes on to this, sometimes up to 1 hour. Schedules are never adhered to either. The shuttle boat running backwards and forwards to Fethiye is a great (free) service but don't expect it to stick to the schedule. If you can live with this laidback attitude, you will love Turkey and Club Letoonia. We certainly did and we have holidayed in some pretty special places.

1st time to Turkey!

by TripAdvisor Member loopylou7770

This was the first time we have been to Turkey, my hubby & I went for our wedding aniversary. When first approaching Fethiye at 6am my hubby seemed a bit worried. As we got closer the view's are beautiful, letoonia is a village of its own. We went alone with no kids & still felt comfortable, but I do think its would be busy with kids in summer holidays. 90% russians staying there but they do not group up like the german's they keep to them selves. We would advise anyone who is not fit or able to request a room on the lower levels. We was near the main building away from the disco, B2 block, this has 6 rooms in total. Theres was alot of steps, but we got used to them. There was a generator type machine outside like other people have quoted but you CANNOT hear it, I feel some people are being very petty & picking on some things, YOU pay for what YOU get. I would rate this 3 to 4* Hotel, staff couldnt do enough for you even when they couldnt speak english, but why do SOME people in UK expect other people to speak our language, do we learn all the languages who visit us. ( NO! ) Fethiye is a lovely town, letoonia runs a free boat ride all day long, ( taxi cost about £7 ) turkish are lovely people. We brought some jewellery from Megri Gold & the owner Mevkii took US to dinner, you dont get that in UK. Jeep Safari is a MUST we went with Focus Safari, muds bath etc, drving through villages where the kids run out to wave hello & they are such Happy Kids. Safari group - great group of guy's, we had a great laugh with a good mixture of people from all over the world. Overall we had a brilliant week, we would return to Turkey & would recommend for the price Letoonia is a good option.

Five Star Resort - Three Star Accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member Bagnalls

Returned recently from a two week holiday at Letoonia. There were three of us; my wife and I and our 17 years old son. The resort itself is absoultely fantastic - even taking into account the large amount of steps!!. The food everywhere is exceptional - but not worth getting up early to have a fight for some of the restaurants.

The resort was 95% full but we were still able to find sunbeds - even though the habit of people reserving them with towels and not using them for most of the day is rather annoying.

There is a large number of Russians and other Eatern Block countries citizens at the resort and at times some are very rude, and they don't appear to know how to queue NOW!!

The resort is really five star, with all of the staff being very good, the food exceptional, and the availability of branded drinks was a pleasant surprise.

The rooms however are a little tired (being polite). They have had several coats of white gloss since new, but they don't seem to have taken any of the previous coats off - leaving drawers and the limited cupboads difficult to open and shut. The rooms are definetely not five star and it appears that the cleaners are overstretched with work as they are not particularly well cleaned - but was acceptable. We had problems with the first room offered as my 17 years old son (over 6 feet tall) was basically given a cot to sleep in. It must be stated though that the reception staff quickly changed our room to more of a family room where he could sleep (in the few hours he had!!!)

There is a very good boat shuttle service from the hotel, but make sure you are there in ample time before the scheduled time because if the boat is full it departs early.

The availability of food 24 hours of the day is quite amazing - with donuts and afternoon tea etc., you will never ever go hungry here.

If you have chance go on the Jeep Safari - amazing - and be prepared for some fun Mud Bathing. A Turkish Bath is well worth the money - and it is available for free at the hotel - but I would suggest having one in Fethiyre. Gents a shave is a must in Fethiyre - you will probably end up having a haircut too - a great experience not to be missed.

Over all we had a great holiday and would return to Letoonia excpet for the fact that there are many other places in the world that we wish to see.

The only downside is Dalaman Airport - but they are building a new terminal!!

Okay for families, not a couples resort

by TripAdvisor Member TempLondoner

In need of a break away, we chose Letoonia for the 5 star AI offer, and the associated costs. Being from Oz and the UK, we expected 5 star to be 5 star, but unfortunately this is more 3 star than 5 star. That said, we upgraded our review from 3 star to 4 star after 2 wonderful meals at the 'reservation only' fish and kebab restaurants. Worth lining up for for a few of your nights there at least.

I have to admit that queuing for a reservation at 8.30am (sometimes earlier) is not my idea of a good time, and be warned that to keep your spot you will have to speak out against other 'guests' who don't know how to wait in turn! I was told by one staff member that even though we all pay the same, some guests have VIP STATUS and the staff reserve a few tables for them in case they decide to turn up on the night without a resevation!

If you want to communicate with anyone, and don't speak Turkish or Russian, don't expect to do so here. 85-90% of the guests are from the CIS so the staff tend to know Russian and very little English - not that it presented too many problems for us as we were happy to keep to ourselves.

Our room was located in a great area near to the beach and away from the noise of the 'ampitheatre' (I too found this 'animation' embarrassing and only really ideal for kids - but at 9pm is this too late for this audience?) but the room was also a little 'tired' much like the rest of the resort. Bed (two king singles together) and pillows very comfortable!

I went looking for sandy beaches, however they are pebbled (and do unfortunately hurt your feet) and the water is not crystal clear as you would expect. The resort is on a bay which is part of a harbour, which has loads of boats coming to and fro all day and night, so the water is churned up. Didn't look too dirty but just not what I expected.

If you plan on doing the water sports (windsurfing/sailing), make sure you know what you are doing. Windsurfing 'lessons' consisted of a non-English speaking staff member (none of those we encountered here spoke any English) pointing you out into the water and chasing after you with a whistle if you didn't do what they expected. I know this sounds negative but my husband had to rescue an English girl who got stranded with a windsurfer. The 'large' man who heads up the watersports WILL yell at you, so be prepared and don't take it too personally.

The waterslides are great fun, and in good nick, kids will love them.

Loved the ice cream by the beach at the beachside bar, and never had a problem finding a sun lounge even arriving mid afternoon one day. Staff very attentive in clearing up the 'beach' and removing plates/glasses once you had finished (or sometimes while you were still doing so ;-).

All that said, I think families would love Letoonia as we didn't spend a penny outside of what the actual cost of the holiday was. Food is plentiful, would suit younger families (saw a few bored teenagers) and those after a holiday where the only decision is where to eat at night.

Try to get a transfer included in the cost of your 'holiday' as it is about 70 minutes from Dalaman Airport (which is as bad as everyone else says) and could be costly.

Fethiye itself is worth a visit if only to say 'done it' but didn't find anything there of good value (watches, clothing) - much on par with UK prices.

great setting but needs refurbishing

by TripAdvisor Member safar

I just spent four nights at the end of June at the Letoonia Club in Fethiye. Transfer was arranged by hotel in a private car, driver was excellent though not speaking a word of english. Drive is scenic. Hotel lobby was however very chaotic and reception desk staff not very informative and accomodating. They also have problems with understanding english. We complained about the rooms they gave us in the hotel. I had a room facing the pool next to marina beach (#198). It was very dark, small and humid. My friend had # 200, right under the 24hr open bar and right beside the stairs and the elevator. She could not sleep the fist 2 days. When we asked to change rooms, they kept telling us they did not have vacancy. We finally got transferred (after wasting 2 hours midday waiting for the porters) to rooms on the 4th floor which were more decent. Overall impression: hotel is old and needs refurbishment to meet the 4 star standard. Luckily for us, the natural setting is breathtaking and the animation team is excellent. Food is so so. Buffets offer the same varieties from day to day and restaurants are fully booked by 9:00 am. One more thing: the beach is pebble, not sandy for those who care for the difference. Club is good for families, as there are plenty of activities for kids and teens. I would not however personnally choose it again for a future vacation.

The best all inclusive holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Anonyimouse

Our first trip to Turkey,we had an excellent time.
2 Adults
2 Teenagers
1 9 year old
Money
Take £ sterling and any old money left from trips to other countries.
All the change you will be given will be in Turkish lira.
They take whatever you have got.
Travel
Dalaman airport is interesting,on the way back home be prepared to spend £££ if you want to buy food there.The special offer in the pizza shop was 2 slices of pizza and a coke for £17.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The country
Hot but in a nice way,not oppressive and sweaty, but dry and comfortable.
38 Deg+ all week.
The people are great,friendly and fun.

Letoonia.
A fantastic location on a peninsular opposite the towns of Fethiye and Challis.
Rooms
The accomodation is in small and clean air conditioned rooms grouped in fours arond the property.Yes there are alot of steps to climb,but only twice a day so it is not a hardship at all.Just be organised.
The noise of generators outside the room is not a problem at all (see other reviews)Just turn off your air condtioning!!!.The "generator" is your A/C unit condenser.
Cleanliness
They have staff cleaning up the sea(not that it is dirty)all day and at picking up the pine needles around the pool by hand.No complaints at all even the WCs are immaculate (Better than those in Vegas)
Food
A fantastic selection available all day really all freshly prepared just before you eat it and good quality too.(This is a muslim country so no pork,ham or bacon).Eat as much as you like as often as you like from a choice of more than 7 eateries, no complaints only compliments.
Service
The Check in desk were helpful
The bar staff were fine occasionally got the wrong, drink but no stress just get another one!
The Entertainment team entertained the kids and some rather enthusiastic adults too
Guest relations team (Hi Barbara) were great,we had an issue with a broken light bulb,replaced within the hour well done.
Free water activities
Good
Paid water activities excellent worth the money
Overall we will be back,a good base for visiting Turkey via the free boat service to Fethiye and on to other places or just stay on site and enjoy the facilities

To many steps and poor quality rooms

by TripAdvisor Member barry livingstone

The first room we were given was at the very top of a large hill.
There were over 200 steps to reach our room.

There was also a very noisy pump that ran all through the night.

We were moved to another room this was slightly better only 120 steps.

We had another move because we could not sleep for the noise from the room above this was due to the poor design of the hotel.

The final move was to a upper block room still over 120 steps, but we again had a pump runnig all night outside our room.

For a 5 star hotel the rooms are a disgrace

My own rating would be 5 star location. 2 star rooms. 3 star food

Loved the place....

by TripAdvisor Member ratta

The place is breath takingly beautiful and the gardens are well kept and colourful, the place is vast but you feel like your in a mountain hideaway. The rooms are small and basic, but they are clean and have everything you need, and as we were only in them to sleep and wash then it wasn't a problem. I wouldn't recomend holding a large dinner party in them though.
the entertainment staff work hard ferom morning to night and you are never without something to do. There are 6 restaurants and they serve fantastic food, something for everyone.
barStaff are friendly and hard working and you never have to wait long, even at the busiest of times, especially if you wear a short skirt and low top.
I went with my girlfriend and son aged 8 at the time, and we loved it so much we are going back this August. As are another couple and their children whom we met there.

Wonderful Fethiye

by f.tarhan

"Twelve Island Boat Trip"

Here you will find my photos of the Twelve Island Boat Trip I took in Fethiye.
The boats departure around 9.30 a.m. and returns eight hours later about 6 p.m. in the evening.
You must try this trip. It´s marvellous.

gobu bay view

gobu bay

gobu bay with sunken ruins of the Lycian

making a headlong dive into the warm and clear water.
This is absolutely fun.

second stop: "Cleopatra" bay

here is the ancient bath of cleopatra where she supposedly had her beauty bath. Worth seeing it.

Cleopatra bay

That´s me on the boat "Ugur Kaptan"

warm salty breeze at the harbour.

View at the Fethiye harbour while we were heading towards the islands.

the eastern part of Fethiye harbour

Club Letoonia in Fethiye

clear and clean sea

first stop: "gobu" bay (originally written "göbü")

gobu bay

wonderful scenery  ON BOARD THE FINDING NEMO BOATwonderful scenery ON BOARD THE FINDING NEMO BOAT

SUNRISESUNRISE

Captain DylanCaptain Dylan

TURKISH FOLK DANCETURKISH FOLK DANCE

Loads of Questions Can you help ????

by lonie123000

Hi

We are off to marmaris in Sept can someone please tell me :
What is the weather like in sept ?
Where is the closest turkish bath to our hotel ?
Is there any etticate for the turkish baths that i should know about ?
We want to go to the mud baths in dalyan how long does it take to get there ?
What is the transfer time from the airport in dalaman to marmaris ?
Will we need visas before we go ?

Please someone help us ???

Thanks

by hawkhead

You give no indication of what nationality of passport you hold. However, you can obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport in Turkey if you hold a British, Canadian, US, Australian, EU and many other nationalities of passport. For UK passport holders, the fee is £10 and must be paid in exact money (English currency and notes only), or you can pay by credit card. You can also pay in Turkish lira if you have them but I have no idea of the amount. In any case, you have to pay with exact moeny. For weather, go to www.wunderground and you will find historic information, for what it is worth.

by dale76uk

We are regulars to Marmaris for the past 5 years. September weather is great usually 34degrees on average. The sea is also warm as season is drawing to an end (oct). Speak to the tourist offices around the streets for turkish baths about £5-£6 usually. They take about 2hours but we've never been on them. Dalyan takes about 3.5hours by boat from marmaris or 2hrs by bus. You then board a small board for approx 1.25hrs to arrive at the mud baths (bit of a long day). transfer time from dalaman is 2hrs with a stop half way of 15mins included. Visa cost for most nationals is £10 or (25 lira)

any other questions : Dale76Uk@hotmail.com

by so-yesterday

i have recently returned from marmaris and i can not help with some of your questions but i can tell you that the mud baths trip takes all day. When we attended we left at half past nine AM and came back at half eight PM ! but i was most definetly a good price for an amazing trip and also it takes about an hour and 45 mins to get from dalaman airport to marmaris ( including ahalf way stop ) ! i hope you enjoy your holiday as much as i enjoyed mine ! xx

Comments