Divan Marmaris Mares

Pamucak Mevkii, Marmaris, Mugla, 48700, Turkey

Good For No Data
  • elifs's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Marmaris

A little expensive compared to others but it's worth it! The sea is wonderful and so are the dishes. I think this is the best hotel in Marmaris.

P.S. If you want some fun and activity you'd better stay in another hotel.

• Lienem's Profile Photo

Still my best holiday place...

We are staying at MARES for 3 years already. This is a wonderful place to have lazy holidays, meet old/new friends, enjoy wonderful sea, mountains and warm summer.

Unique Quality: Gorgeous private beach, nice pool, very professional and friendly staff.

Directions: Between Marmaris and Ichmeler.

• Best place in Marmaris/Icmeler

We stayed there for 3 nights in Sep. 2004.
    We transferred for Marti where we stayed for 4 unbearable nights. (see our review on Marti).

This place was amazing. We staying at a bungalow which was really clean and had a great view. The room was spacy, with lots of light, tile floor. The bathroom was impeccably clean and so were the curtains, the bed spreads, etc.

The food was amazing. Really delicate food,
    clean and taste, with no sign of flies anywhere (as compared to Marti).

the pool was clean and deep and you could swim nicely. The sea was amazing. No sign of yachts or boats next to you, clean sea, you could see the fish. Totally separated from the rest of Marmaris, with only one hotel next to Mares, but still in a distance. You felt as if you
    are in paradise. The beach belonging to Mares was big. There was a walking path that you could take to go to Marmaris or Icmeler.

The hotel facilities were amazing and the staff was helpful and courteous.

We heard that there is a part of the hotel with old rooms, not as good as the bungalows rooms, but this part is being closed this winter for full renovation.

Unique Quality: It is definitely worth it. nice facilities, excellent food, clean sea, amazing views, clean bungalows rooms with jasmin smelling on your way in and out the room :-)

More about Divan Marmaris Mares

Loved The Mares Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TraceyScotland

We Loved the Hotel, only problem had to get either a Taxi or Taxi boat from hotel as quiet remote. The pool was great plenty of Sunbeds and Umbrellas the Kids aged 6 and 13 loved the Waterslides. We stayed on the First Floor of the Hotel which I believe has the best rooms, as on speaking with other holiday makers they werent impressed with some of the other rooms but couldnt fault our room at all. I would advise anyone going to this hotel to go all inclusive if you have a choice as we were Bed and Breakfast , the prices of the drinks is very dear a soft drink is 5 lira and a Efes beer is 6 Lira which soon mounts up if you have a family with you there was 6 of us in total and for lunch and a few drinks it could work out expensive, in comparison to what you would pay in marmaris town even the bottled water was 3 times the price you would pay in Marmaris town, ( there is nowhere cheap around this hotel to eat or have a drink in, so you have no option but to pay for the prices on and around this hotel unless you are prepared to up route and go in Marmaris in a taxi which costs about 20 lira there and 20 lira back) also if you use anything out of the mini bar be prepared to pay over the odds for it as triple the prices again of supermarkets in Marmaris....(our check out bill was £153.00 for use of mini bar and that was us stocking up on Water and cans of Juice ourselves) There is no mini market on site so you cant just nip to the shops for Water and Juice, Dont buy anything out of the Shop at hotel we paid for a spade and bucket and snorkel well over the odds (as on going into Icmalar the snorkel was only 15 Lira in comparison to 60 lira in the Hotel shop !! We are a family that dont mind paying for the nicer things in life but to be paying 3 times the prices on everything you get is just an absolute rip off (be prepared)

Grotty old rooms and lovely new rooms-bit of a gamble as to where you'll end up.

by TripAdvisor Member gillanders

My boyfriend and I booked a lastminute stay at the Divan Mares hotel with Lastminute.com and paid £489 per person for a week half board. We arrived at the hotel at around 12:45am so were tired and eager to settle in for the night. I was completely horrified when we arrived at our room. Although a non-smoking room had been requested, the room stank of smoke. There was mould growing around the bath, cigarette burns in the duvet, a swollen and cracked bathroom door, flat pillow with holes in them and an absolutely disgusting carpet which was so stained and filthy I couldn't bring myself to walk on it barefoot. Definitely not 5 star. The following morning I found that the girls at the front desk were completely disinterested in our complaints and offered us an alternative room which was just as grotty except that it had twin beds. It took an hours wait to eventually corner a manager who, when I showed him the photos of our room promptly moved us into the refurbished wing of the hotel. This was a HUGE improvement and I cannot believe that the contrasting rooms are in the same hotel! There are basically 2 wings to the hotel - one which was refurbished last year and is lovely, and the other which is dire and dingy. Maker sure that you stay in the nice part.

After the room move our holiday was lovely. The hotels location is great as it's away from the noise and buzz of both Marmaris and Icmeler. The restaurant is excellent - we were half board and thoroughly enjoyed the food on the nights we decided to stay in to eat. Fillet steak, lamb medallions, potato bakes and salads in abundance! The staff at the restaurant and the Sultan Bar are very attentive and friendly and the views from the hotel out over the bay are beautiful. The beach area is great too, very picturesque.

All in all a lovely hotel provided that you don't stay in the grotty wing.

Away from the crouds

by TripAdvisor Member Escape-reality

July 2-9 2007
We booked this hotel 3 days before travel based on reviews on this site. Following a bad transfer and delays due to high security in UK we were a little disappointed on arrival with room allocation. Garden view room. Hotel was full due to a conference so no possibility of move. After a couple of days though we relaxed into the place. Location is tremendous and views stunning when looking out on seaward side. A room looking this way would be a must if we returned.
The hotel is away from the commercial bustle of Marmaris but close enough to walk to along the coastal promenade. Marmaris is very commercialised, "English breafasts" etc everywhere but still worth a visit as long as you make the effort to see past this aspect. We stayed on half-board and food selection was perfectly ok for us. Some of the restaurant staff were excellent.
Pool area can be a little noisy, but hey, people and kids are on holiday. Seafront area was much more peaceful with plenty of sunbeds and bar. No beach as such, but steps down into the perfectly clear water, Overall this was one of the most relaxing breaks we have had for a while. Hotel is rated 5* but probably would not be if located in some other countries we have visited. From our experience and talking to holiday reps and other travellers though, this is one of the better hotels in the area

Peace and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of Marmaris

by TripAdvisor Member jdm1_7

I spent a week at the Divan Marmaris Mares, staying in one of the apartments, between 8th - 15th June 2007 with my wife and mother-in-law. We stayed on a half-board basis and were definitely drawn to this hotel because of its 5-star rating and unique location away from the hustle and bustle of Marmaris.

After the long transfer from Dalaman Airport, which took approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by friendly staff who helped us with our luggage and directed us to our apartment. We had to change apartment, but only because they didn't provide one with the self-catering facilities we had booked (kitchenette, refrigerator etc).

This was all sorted out fairly swiftly so we could all relax into our holiday - which we all did. It was very hard not to relax, because the location of the hotel/apartments was absolutely spot on! I have never stayed in such a wonderful and beautiful location, with views of the Mediteranean Sea, mountains, and the coastline of Marmaris. It was really a site to behold.

The hotel was also situated away from the main Marmaris centre, which can be accessed by a short ride on one of the dolmus (bus) or via a short taxi ride which cost 10 dinar (don't pay anymore than this for a single trip).

We went during a time that the hotel was fairly quiet which suited us fine. The accommodation was okay. I would say the apartments were pretty basic for a 5 star (not sure what the hotel rooms are like) but were comfortable. The housekeeping was conducted to a high standard and all were very thorough in their cleaning leaving the premises very clean and smelling fresh throughout.

The food was okay, but could possibly be improved with a little more variety. One of our favourite nights was when they had a Turkish evening with a selection of local cuisine, along with dancers and belly-dancer. This was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

You can't go to Turkey without having a Turkish bath and extensive facilities are available at the hotel's health and fitness area. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and left feeling totally relaxed (we had the basic exfoliation and moisturising treatment- there was so much more you could have had done).

The evening entertainment was pretty basic, (only because the hotel wasn't at capacity) but we weren't too fussed about this. There are a number of bars which you can enjoy a drink in and there is also the lovely decorated lobby area which again has lovely views as the night descends. There are other restaurants as well, serving different types of food so you can't go hungry.

If you're looking for a hotel with a nearby expansive beach, this isn't the place for you. A short walk from the hotel leads you to a little pebble/shingle area, which leads into the sea. Deck chairs are provided and it was nice spending time in this area. I was the only one who went out for a swim - which was a nice experience.

All in all, I would go back to this hotel as its in a wonderful setting. If you're looking for a picturesque setting away from main areas, then this is for you. I would probably question the 5-star rating from a food perspective, however, all the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

I had a major panic on the last day, discovering I had lost my credit card (I recalled using it on the last day in the hotel cash machine and unknown to me had left it in the machine), but luckily found out that security had handed it in and no unknown transactions had been made.

I would say the hotel would suit couples wanting a peaceful and relaxing stay, as well as families as they have a kids pool and child-related entertainment.

My advice - go and see for yourself!

A Good Hotel in a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member mlmc2000

I would recommend this hotel. The rooms were huge and very clean. I also liked the fact that the hotel was located away from the city centre (but only about a 10 minute dolmus ride to Marmaris) so it was
very quiet. The view from our sea-view room was lovely.

My only complaints with this hotel would be the swimming pool hours (only open until 6 pm) and a somewhat inexperienced staff (but they were trying their best).

Overall, this hotel gets my recommendation.

Best Hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in !!

by TripAdvisor Member mogga

Me and my partner, stayed at the Mares, from Friday 31st August to Friday 14th September 2007. After following the advice of another review on trip advisor, I requested to stay in the newly reburbished wing of the hotel. This wish was granted and the room was faultless with a marble style bathroom and a spacious, attractive livng and sleeping area. The only downside would be the fridge which was only lukewarm to cold, to say the least. This was still the same on the coldest setting. The pool is large and has plenty of space to swim and relax, however I feel this was only due to children having to arrive back home in time for school, so the timing of our holiday was excellent. The hotel also owns around half a mile of a strectch of sea, which is cordened off so that only hotel guests can use it. A long wooden jetty stretches out 100 yards in to sea where you can sunbathe and relax, with the feeling of been out at sea, and the luxary of being able to just jump into the sea at whatever time suits. The best compliment I can pay the hotel is the food that is available, particularly for your evening meal. Tray after tray of both hot and cold food ranging from bbq's, kebabs, pasta's, casseroles to wonderful meal side dishes such as pitta bread freshly made in front of you with all kinds of tasty fillings each night. The sweet counter was also endless each night, and by the end of your meal, we felt both full and extremely satisfied with what the hotel chefs and the waiter service had to offer. There is alot more positive things I could write about this marvellous hotel, and we will definately be back some time in the near future. All in all, great value for money and probably the best hotel in marmaris/Icmeler.

mares marmaris in april

by lizscot

hi there have booked the Mares hotel dolphin park, for 2 weeks at Easter, we are a family of 5, our children are 14, 11 and 3, we are worried about the weather and would like to know if it is warm enough to go swimming in the pool and maybe sunbathe etc, we have already bought sunscreen!! Also would like to know of anyone who has been here and any tips which would be helpful, would be much appreciated, special requests regarding best rooms would be helpful too, and will there be entertainment in evening?????

Re: mares marmaris in april

by brotherleelove

April is a transition month weather-wise in that part of the world. If the pool isn't heated, and many are not, it most likely won't be warm enough for swimming, although if the sun is shining it might be warm enough for sunbathing. I was in So. Turkey on the coast at Bodrum at the end of April and it was cold and rainy part of the time and the sun was nice and warm part of the time. You just won't know until you get there.

Re: mares marmaris in april

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Marmaris for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.